The Cursed Relic

By AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... More

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 21

3.3K 170 29
By AvaFics

~*~

''Rosh, you brat!'' The duke was enraged. How could he just humiliate his father shamelessly?!

Rosh hid a sly smirk.

'Well, isn't this such a rare sight? The duke was again caught in a trap.'

''As expected of my master.''

'Enough with the flattery, Amros. Let's take the second step.'

Showing a very sad and pitiful face, Rosh started to drop his fake tears.

Everyone was startled.

''I-I'm sorry, father. I know that you don't like me but I always read in a book that honesty is the best policy. So I..''

Josh was undoubtly very surprised.

''Brother..w-what are you saying?''

''I thought it'll make father proud if I follow honesty but I guess I was wrong..I'm sorry!''

Rosh sniffed pitifully. While under his trembling lips was a chuckle that he tried hard not to muffle.

Everybody was tricked by his act.

They started to sympathize the young boy, completely forgetting all the bad words he spoke just a minute ago.

'In 3..2...1..'

Before the duke could shout at him again, the lights surrounding the halls all together blacked out.

''The lights went out!''

''W-what's happening!?''

''Mother, where are you?!''

''Is there an event happening or what?''

''Seriously? Where are the restorers?!''

The dark didn't affect Rosh at all since he was used in working through dark places.

He felt a person's hand cover his mouth with a scented cloth. That must have been Sean Virsh trying to put him into sleep.

Although, Rosh have great resistance towards such effects, he didn't save himself this time.

'Amros, look over him when I sleep. Call me when we've arrived.'

''Your orders have been received, Master.''

As he heard Amros' answer, Rosh's vision slowly faded away as he fell unto his slumber.

*

The hooded man, Sean Virsh, hastily travelled into the forest as he carried four children alone.

He didn't have any intention in taking the girl, specifically Eveia, with him. However, the young child of that bastard duke was holding on her so he didn't have any choice but to take her with him.

It was actually quite a good thing since he had more hostages to use.

After half an hour, Sean Virsh arrived at an old warehouse deep in the alleyway of the slums.

He laid the sleeping children in line and tightly tied their hands and feet to avoid escapees.

Looking at them with remorse, Sean laughed sarcastically.

''You damned nobles who only knew how to look down on others and groom yourself, I'll show you what us commoners can do. Let's see if you can try and take back these brats.''

Sean Virsh trapped the children in a cell of a dungeon under the warehouse basement.

The children were all still deeply affected by the sleeping scent.

However, Rosh was awoken from his slumber by Amros.

''...ster....wak...up..''

'Hmm?'

''W..ke...up! Ma...ter...''

'Is someone calling me?'

''Master, wake up!''

Rosh immediately returned into consciousness when he heard the insctrile. Opening his eyes, he saw himself tied down in a prison with the other noble children, including Eveia.

Using telepathy, Rosh started a conversation with Amros.

'Amros.'

''You're finally awake, Master. You had quite a cute face while sleeping, I'm jealous.''

'My face is yet to mature from baby fat, it isn't cute. It's fvcking annoying.'

''Should I try to copy your face for myself, master?''

'Whatever, how long was I out?'

''Not more than an hour at most.''

'That's shorter than I expected. Good job waking me up.'

''Yes, Master.''

'By the way, where are we?'

''A warehouse in slum street xxx of the capital, Master.''

'Why do kidnappers always takes their hostages in a warehouse? Typical.'

''It seems like he is going to torture you and the other children, Master.''

'Torture? Nah, that's too cliche. And he calls himself an assassin? Hah. What a pathetic excuse for a fool.'

''What are you going to do, Master?''

'Easy, just follow what I tell you to do.'

''I'm all on ears.''

'Alright, then this is what you'll do...'

-

Amros took a humanoid form and went to find some civilians near the warehouse.

Walking by in a corner, he saw three big men that seems to be sleeping from too much alcohol. With a toothy grin, he chuckled.

''You are walking in a trail of luck, my dear Master.''

On the other side..

Rosh sensed that the other children have started to wake up. He immediately put on his scared and nervous look.

The first one to open his eyes was Samuel Anthony Rome

First son and heir of Marquis Rome, he is two years older than Rosh.

The boy looked around and saw the son of Duke Razon looking down gloomily while slightly trembling.

'He's the first son of the duke. I heard he was a useless and cowardly person. But what happened earlier in the party...' Samuel thought.

Being reminded of what weird behavior Rosh showed infront of his father, he became quite suspicious. Is he just pretending..?

Rosh rised his face and looked at Samuel, showing a surprised look.

''H-hello..''

Rosh gulped and shyly looked on the side corners like a puppy who doesn't know what to do.

The other boy, who saw this, blinked.

Samuel was baffled. The boy infront of him is very shy, meek, easily scared and very young. Yes, he must be overthinking.

'There's no way a weak child like him could have been acting. Maybe he really was just being honest earlier.' Samuel thought.

''Hello, young master Rosh.'' Samuel greeted back.

''Oh no, i-it's alright, you don't have to show respect to someone like...m-me.'' Rosh lowered his head as if he was ashamed of himself.

''N-no, that's not..!''

Samuel couldn't find any words to retort back. Stupid! Everyone was openly insulting the kid. How could he not realise that even the boy looks down on himself!?

''It's really alright, young sir Rome, you don't have to force yourself. Especially for someone like me.'' Rosh said firmly.

He saw Samuel's eyes soften, making him mentally smirk.

First target, acquired.

***

The man named Carlos kneeled infront of his female master, carrying some good news from his mission.

(A/N: Re-read on Chapter 13, guys.)

''I have bought you good news, m'lady.'' Carlos stated.

The lady infront of him smiled while slowly turning her wine glass spherically.

''Speak, Carlos.''

''I have found him, m'lady.''

His reported words perked her attention.

She turned to him with a curious gaze.

''Where?''

''For quite some time in the Razon dukedom, even though we have yet to know the reason, he seems to be looking out to someone. We cannot determine who specifically since it was the Razon twins' birthday celebration.''

''Oh? It's the party of that greedy bastard's sons. I wonder why he was there.'' The lady chuckled.

''Some of our spies who was aware of his presence, assumes that he was interested in the first young master of Razon.'' Carlos said sternly.

''The first young master? Details.''

''Rosh Edward del Razon, 8 years old. First son of the duke. Black hair and red eyes. 131 cm, 5 lbs/58 pd. Known as the useless child, meek, shy and very average. Other descriptions are still being perceived, m'lady.''

Arching a brow, the woman smiled in amusement. It was quite weird for that man to be interested in such a child.

''Hearing the details you've given, he seemed too normal for him to be attentive. That means, there's something more to that Rosh right?''

Carlos cleared his throat. ''I will gather more info about him, m'lady.''

The lady gulped down the champaigne in her wine glass. Looking at her right hand man, she smiled. Sooner or later, her plans will change everything. She will make sure that she'll break down those royals under her toes.

''Good. Your business here is finished. Run along now, Carlos.''

Carlos stood up and bowed once again.

''I will take my leave then, Lady Hyacinth.''

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 25.3K 100
[ BEING REWRITTEN ] 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ - π…π’π«πž π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ----- πƒπ˜π‹π€π π‡π€π‘π‘πˆπ’ I messed up - I messed up in typical Dylan fashion because...
MATES By ~MK

Werewolf

406K 19.4K 46
Two Brothers...One Girl...One Choice Who would you choose? ~ "How Dare You?" I shoved him until he was pressed up against our sliding glass door "...
2.5M 76.2K 50
❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't some hero who sa...
1.2K 48 43
My fingers slid down his frangible ribs, subconsciously counting each one. I stared upon his scrawny figure. My hatred had quickly turned into guilt...