Under The Moonlight Sky

By Riitaa88

You are the beloved sister of Kawaragi Senju, one of the greatest gang leader in the three deities era. As Se... More

Chapter One - Family and Friends
Chapter Two - Birthday Event
Chapter Three - Kawaragi Risa
Chapter Four - Two Hearts
Chapter Six - Old Friends (1)
Chapter Seven - Old Friends (2)
Chapter Eight - Under The Moonlight Sky
Afterwords, Introduction and Side Story
Side Story (Wakasa) - It Came Like The Winter Snow

Chapter Five - Something I Don't Know

1K 45 19
By Riitaa88

"Ms. Risa, I had our driver safely sent our guest back to the hotel."

"Thank you for your hard work today as well, Kei."

Kei bows slightly.

"I'll take my leave then."

He leaves my office while I sit back at my chair.

Today's meeting ended earlier than I expected. I open my desk's drawer and take out an envelope. It's an invitation from my high school best friend, for her hotel's grand opening ceremony. She got engaged last year to a famous hotelier in Japan. Since then, she's been helping him expanding the business.

It has been ages since I last saw her so I decide to go and visit her. I stop at the valet when arrive at her hotel building as per her many other guests. As soon as I step inside, I can hear her calling my name.

"Risa?!"

She rushes through the crowds and hugs me when I walk up to her.

"I'm so happy to see you. Have you been well? I heard your company is doing great."

She still is the same since we were in high school.

"Congratulation on your hotel's grand opening. Miwa."

"Eww. Stop with the formalities, let's go."

She takes me to hotel's bar and sit at the bartender's.

"How are you, Miwa? I'm sorry I haven't been able to meet up with you."

"I'm great. I know you're busy since taking over the business. How is Senju doing?"

"He's doing fine. He's been making friends and do the things he likes."

"Ah. He must be so grown up now. I miss that cutie pie."

I laugh. She always refers him as cutie pie. I remember Senju hates it when she called him that.

She suddenly looks at me with a kind expression on her face.

"You did so well, Risa. Your parents will be so proud of you if they're still around."

She pats my back gently.

"Aww...thanks, Miwa."

We chat for a while regarding her latest hotel construction and business.

"So tell me. Did you get yourself a boyfriend?"

She smiles again, now looking curiously at me when it comes to the topic she interested the most.

"How're you and your fiancé? Have you guys decided when to get married?"

I ask her instead.

"We're fine. We're still young so marriage is still out of the picture."

She waves her hand.

"But I'm asking you. So stop changing the topic and just tell me honestly."

She's poking my cheek with her finger, making me chuckle.

"No but-"

"Tell me, tell me."

She's getting excited so she moves her chair closer to mine.

"I have these two-"

"Two?! Wow I'm impressed."

Now it's my turn pinching her cheeks.

"Stop it, Miwa. I haven't finish talking."

She's rubbing her cheeks while grinning.

"Okay, okay. Let's hear it."

She's always making me laugh with her antics. It's making me misses our school days even more when hanging out with her like this.

"I received their confession last night."

I take a sip at the drink she ordered for me, it's too strong and bitter.

"That's great but why are you looking so troubled?"

Miwa places her chin on her palm, looking at me confusedly.

"You know, I just don't know how to deal things like this."

She smirks.

"Turns out our baby Risa hasn't still figures out what love is."

I laugh.

"Yeah, I'm suck at these."

She raises her glass, swirling the ice inside.

"I was as the same as you, Risa. When he asked me out, I wasn't sure if I like him just the same way as he did."

Miwa then stares at me.

"But in the end, it's how your heart feels that matters the most."

I shake my head lightly and smile.

"It's weird that we're finally having this kind of talks."

She chuckles.

"This brings back memories."

I smile and nod.

"So, which one has your heart the most?"

She asks but I raise my eyebrows.

"Honestly, I haven't gives it much thought."

"Ugh, I hate you. What are you? Did you come from the 50's or 60's? Even elementary students nowadays are better than you when it comes to love."

Miwa shakes her head in disbelief.

"I thought you've changed since school days. You should hang out with me more, girl!"

She almost shouts at me, making people around us looking weirdly at us. We continue our talks about each other, laughing and drinking. After spending another hour, I finally bid goodbye to her with the promise we meet up again this weekend.

I just dropped off by a cab when I see Akashi standing outside of my house's gate.

"Ka chan? Why are you here?"

"Hey."

I walk towards him.

"Nothing much actually. I just wanted to see you."

"Why don't you send me a message? I was attending my friend's event. Have you been waited for a long time?"

I ask while reaching out my phone checking the time, it's almost midnight.

"I was hesitating because you said you'll be busy today."

Akashi explains, making me remember that today is his birthday.

"I said it yesterday but it's today, right? Happy birthday to you, Ka chan."

He smiles.

"Thanks."

"But, are you okay? Your face is red."

I reach out to touch his forehead, it's burning up.

"You're having fever."

"Ah, am I?"

"Stop acting tough. Let's go inside first."

I open the gate and invite him in. I let him sit on the couch while I fetch a glass of water and cold medicine for him.

"Drink this."

He takes it without saying anything.

"You should just rest here tonight. I didn't bring my car because I've been drinking, so I can't send you home. I wonder if Senju's home."

I'm trying to walk away to check on Senju when he grabs my hand and pulls me into the couch.

"I need a pillow."

He rests his head on my leg.

"How long you've been waiting outside? You caught cold because you were waiting in such weather."

I start questioning him. As we almost in winter season since it's November now so the air turns colder at night. But he remains silent for a while.

"I remembered when the first time I saw you. You were at your parent tombs with Senju on their death anniversary."

He suddenly speaks.

"We just knew Senju not too long ago, at that time. So we just stand far away, looking at you two from distant."

I remember that day. I was a bit skeptical when Senju brought them along but I didn't say anything at that time.

"It was that time I think I fallen for you."

I flick his forehead, making him rubbing it.

"Ouch, what is that for?"

He opens his eyes to look at me.

"You're blabbering nonsense."

He sits up.

"It's true."

"I've been out whole day so I need to take a warm bath. Just rest here or the guest room behind that corner, okay."

I stand up and start walking away.

"At that time. That girl were holding her little brother by her side, while tried her best to held in her tears. As if she was forcing herself to act strong, tried to face that world of hers alone."

Akashi continues, making me halt my steps and turn back to realize that his eyes never left me.

"I don't know how to describe that feeling even now. It somehow just broke my heart at that sight of that girl."

"Ka chan, you really should rest."

"That was the time I swear to protect that world of hers and anything inside it. That includes her brother. Most importantly, it's her that I want to protect."

He's finally lying down again on the couch.

"Shit, I'm getting too emotional right now."

He adds, while placing his arm across his face, covering his eyes so I decide to go back to him.

"Ka chan."

I call him when I squat beside the couch.

"You shouldn't be too close to me right now."

He whispers.

"I might unable to stop myself from doing things that will make you hate me."

I hesitate for a moment.

"But how can I hate you."

I say those words slowly, seems it's more like I'm talking to myself than to him.

I don't even know he was thinking that way about me. The way he described how he felt when he saw me in the past and the promises he made for me. Turns out he has done many things without I realize. How am I supposes to do with him?

Before I say anything else, Akashi gets up and hold my face. He leans closer and kisses me. He stares at me briefly before kisses me again, this time he goes deeper. I don't know how long it last but it clearly becomes too much for me so I push him away.

"Will you hate me now?"

He asks.

"I will if you don't rest."

I stand up and walk away. I go inside my bedroom and lock the door. I throw myself on bed, facing down. Is this something calls love? I never knew kissing someone can be so intoxicating. Is it because I had been drinking? Does this mean I accept his feeling? How about Wakasa? I haven't see or reply him since his last message. I feel exhausted from all these thought so I close my eyes and soon fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 93 22
"𝘿𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚." ◃───────────▹ Died in your previous life you suddenly get to reincarnate...
19.6K 404 29
私の弱さ > • • • In this story you are Takemichi's sister and also the main character, together with your brother you have to change the future, but you...
60.5K 1.6K 33
A mysterious girl at a cafe becomes Bonten's maid... or does she really? Going through similar hardships as Mikey she has developed "impulses" and sh...
35.9K 1.2K 24
Kurokawa Izumi, ever so cold and lacking of social skills, slowly becomes a precious little sister of toman. but she's nothing of the innocent smile...