The villainess will survive!

By Bellahahahahaha

All Sayuri wanted to do was live a peaceful life. However, when she go into an accident and transported into... More

Part 1: Woke up as the villainess
Part 2: First day of school
Part 3: The heroine is here!
Part 4: My Onii-sama is a capture target
Part 5: Meet the Magic Genius!
Part 6: The lab room
Part 8: Another capture target
Part 9: Politician's son
Part 10: Spying on my Onii-sama
Part 11: A capture target?
Part 12: A busy day, indeed
Part 13: Finishing first semester
Part 13: The dream
Part 14: Meeting at the Royal Palace
Part 15: A god's regret
Part 16
Part 17: The sleepover
Part 18: Lucas meets Ivy
Part 19: Coming back home and parting again
Part 20: Investigating the drought
Part 21: Human traffickers
Part 22: Reporting at the Royal Palace
Part 23: Morning, on a typical day
Part 24: The festival
Part 25: Festival #2
Part 26: The festival #3
Part 27: Festival #4
Part 28: New Semester
Part 29: O-Onii-sama???
Part 30: My fiance
Part 31: Nurse's office
Part 32: The spy
Part 33: The heroine, finally acting
Part 34: Down in the dungeon
Part 35: At the lab
Part 36: Should I tell him?
Part 37: The hidden Principal
Part 38 :Appointment???
Part 39: Transfer student
Part 40: J-jealousy?!
Part 41:Dark arts
Part 42: The invitation
Part 43:Ellios' father
Part 44: The magic tower
Part 45: The magic tower #2
Part 46: The magic tower #3
Part 47: The Magic Tower #4
Part 48: Back at the academy, except.....
Part 49: Allies or foe?
Part 51: Elijah's motives
Part 52: My father was a duke, of course
Part 53: Wrong conclusion
Part 54: And so The Tournament begins!
Part 55: Determination to win
Part 56: Medical contest, the second part
Part 57: House arrest
Part 58 : Who??? And why?
Part 59: Finding someone trustworthy
Part 59: Going to court
Part 60: Investigation results
Part 61: Request
Part 62: A visit
Part 63: The Prince's arrival
Part 64: A surprising welcome
Part 65: Decision
Part 66: The Temple and the trial
Part 67: Unexpected interruption
Part 68: Testimony
Part 69: Secret revealed
Part 70: Explanation
Part 71: Letter delivery
Part 73: Dress
Part 74: Small surprise
Part 75: Asking the Crown Prince
Part 76: Adriana's secret revealed
Part 77: Taking advantage of a situation
Part 78: Accusations at the ball
Part 79: Regret
Part 80: Count Castria
Part 81: Drug distribution
Part 82: Ivy's father
Part 83: Breakdown
Part 84: Unstable
Part 85: Not what it seems
Part 86: Explosion
Part 87: A big brother's regret
Part 88: Ivy Castria
Part 89: Farewell
Part 91: A walk in the garden
Part 92: Tying up loose ends (END)

Part 72: Settling suspicions

2.2K 85 4
By Bellahahahahaha

There was still a lot of time before the ball came, so I thought I would have a lot of free time.

The end of the year was nearing, so, obviously the assignments and homework we had would decrease. 

But I had underestimated the teachers; instead, they made us students handle the cleaning up and reorganization of the building. 

Due to my high status, I lazily and shamelessly thought to myself that I wouldn't get too much work. 

But I was no villainess like the original one, tyrannical and overbearing. 

She also enjoyed throwing her status and wealth around to get what she wanted and to avoid the things she disliked. 

However, I was different that her, and a role model student within the school. 

So, in contrast to my naive thoughts, I had the most work pushed onto me compared to the other students. 

I grumbled and got off my chair and slowly started to look over the classroom.

I was to clean up and arrange this place for one of the last times before the ball came, because then everybody would be busy preparing for the ball. 

The other students participated in cleaning up their own desk, throwing out things that they might have forgotten about from the beginning of the year, but every man for themselves. 

The only except was me, so I threw some of my early year notes in the trash and looked around. 

Actually, why don't I use this situation to my advantage as an opportunity?

It's not good to let your suspicions manifester for too long, it's either right or wrong, or in between. 

I wasn't a very patient person, so the want to know the truth was scratching me from within. 

I set my eyes on the blue-haired figure, and slowly walked up to her. 

Adriana was a very polite girl, the very definition of a noble girl. 

Normally, she would stick to Ivy's side as Adriana was known the closest friend to our 'heroine'. 

But what if Adriana was actually getting closer to her for more shady purposes?

If Adriana was really the true Ivy, and interfered with the plotline, then wouldn't that mean she also has her past memories?

Maybe her soul was bumped out of her body when the new world was created and into a random character that never even appeared?

But Elijah did put a lot of effort into replicating everything from that world, so Adriana actually existed in the otome game world, just never mentioned. 

I doubt he had any intentions of interfering with the plot by adding another person, because he wouldn't change things even if everything went exactly the same as the past world which Onii-sama lived through. 

Onii-sama only wished to start things over, not anything more or less. 

Adriana lifted her head and noticed me, looking at me with a rather unsure expression. 

It was common knowledge that me and Ivy were at odds, and also common knowledge that Adriana was Ivy's best friends. 

Would anybody expect her to smile genuinely at me and treat me normally after knowing this?

"Lady Adriana, would you help me with cleaning up the classroom afterwards? It would be nice to have some help." 

She looked at me awkwardly, and knew that it wouldn't be polite to decline a small request like this, despite our colliding social positions.

"Alright, I'll assist you once everybody leaves and I finish up cleaning my desk too."

I nodded and smiled as a thanks, and then patiently waited for the others to finish up. 

                                                                              ***

"I think the best way to clean up the shelf is to bring them all on the floor and slowly organise our way up." 

I pointed to the bookshelf that resided in the corner of the classroom, where all the textbooks were. 

By this point in the late year, the memory of a organised shelf at the beginning of the year had already disappeared into muddled mixes of books. 

Adriana nodded silently and slowly started bringing the books down on the empty floor, which indicated that she was only here to help and not to chat too much. 

But if things kept going on like this, then my original objective would not be accomplished. 

The question was: Was Adriana the original Ivy? 

It's impossible that she appeared out of nowhere as a normal character and immediately became friends with the baron's daughter. 

It was really hard to believe that this was all a coincidence, nothing else. 

Adriana's hands worked through the books quickly, and soon we had the books arranged in piles where they belonged. 

I was too focused on assorting the books and so did not get the chance to talk to her, so I used the opportunity while we propped the piles upright on the shelves. 

"How did your school year go?" 

Such a basic yet delving question, but should let me get a hang on her way of speech. 

Adriana didn't find anything suspicious about this question, and proceeded to answer honestly. 

"It went fine. Although there were definitely ups and downs, I don't regret anything." 

I took note of how simple her answer was, and compared them with the original heroine's speeches. 

They definitely had the similar honesty trait, but the true Ivy would be more smiling and have a glint of nostalgia in her eyes while saying this. 

Furthermore, I think she would include a bit more detail and not just tell the overall experience. 

It was very attractive, the heroine's blunt honesty and trust (even to strangers), and lured in many people's attention. 

At least, that's what the otome game would portrait it and how I would imagine it.

I bit my lip, deciding whether she was Ivy or not, and thinking about whether this small change might be due to memories of the past timeline. 

Adriana pushed a pile of books onto the shelf upright and said,"Since I've told my opinion, why don't you tell me yours too?" 

Her face was full of curiosity and I saw no ill-intent in her words, so I saw no reason to not. 

"My year was pretty good as well. I've certainly learned quite a lot of new things, met new people, and done new things.  Even if there were incredibly bad situations, I don't regret them at all and treat them like new experiences and lessons." 

This part was definitely true, and when it came to 'bad situations', I could tell she was already silently listing down a few things that might have caused this word. 

The poisoning was no secret, after all. 

"Ivy....she may seem a bit arrogant on the surface, but truly, she's a good person underneath." 

I almost chocked on my own saliva as I heard that, the original villainess, a good person???

But when I noticed Adriana's genuine smiling expression, I swallowed back those thoughts. 

Adriana's words for Ivy did not seem fake at all, and she looked as if she truly cherished their relationship. 

"So if you can, please overlook her mistakes." 

I nodded quietly and we both went back to work. 

Adriana did not seem like a fake friend who was sticking to Ivy for her status, and even defended her a bit. 

After finishing up with the books, I took on the windows and Adriana tidied the floor with a broom. 

When we finally concluded cleaning and organising, the sun was already beginning to set. 

We gave our goodbyes and parted ways, and I decided to head back to my dorm. 

Adriana gave the air of a extremely well-taught lady, and even her movements were very graceful. 

The original Ivy was known to be more free-spirited as she grew up in the countryside despite being a noble. 

Perhaps, did she finally learn some etiquette and elegance when she became Queen?

No, I was already on the idea that Adriana was the real Ivy. 

To suspect and then reach your own conclusions wasn't good at all. 

I raised my eyebrows at a small detail I had never bothered to think more about, which was her last name. 

Adriana Galyean Royal. 

'Royal' was an obvious last name reserved for the royal bloodline of this country. 

But the Royal Family did not have a daughter, nor a nephew at all. 

If there truly was a princess or relative to the Royal Family, I would know. 

But my mind flashed back to the time I had noticed Adriana talking to Albert in the library, and they seemed quite familiar. 

I narrowed my eyes at the memory of that time, because I was truly childish and felt a bit unhappy at that sight. 

I'll have to ask Albert sometime, maybe later at the ball. 

And speaking of the ball, didn't I have to start preparing for it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 1.6K 9
Beatrix, villainess and social butterfly, gains the memories of a girl of another world. Unsatisfied with her fate, she plans a scheme to overthrow i...
3K 136 19
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
2.5K 141 7
After a rookie actress Sara died in a car accident she got reincarnated into a fantasy novel. But the problem is she reincarnated as a villainess who...
36.1K 763 22
its about a high school girl named sakura who use to be a spoild brat until her parents got bankcrupt they manage to survive and revive there company...