Two Red Strings

By pinkcrazycorn

Soulmates. Two people that are destined to be together. Soulmates are sent into the world with no clue who... More

omg they baby
wow connor exists
ew they're in middle school now tf
jared kleinman is certified gaymer
holy shart fluff, and my little pony
why does this exist
haha treebros lovers come get ur juice
heidi meets conNoR woWOoWOow
I wrote this on impulse
impulses are good
*first day of senior year intesifies*
treebros angst lovers come get ur juice
siNcEreLy mE
omg is this the climax of the story
omg they goin on a date yass
deleted scenes lol

omg the reveal

108 2 36
By pinkcrazycorn

Two gays playing splatoon

They might smooch 0-0

I apologize in advance for my inability to write kisses

~🌲~

Evan felt a tug oh his finger, he looked down and saw that one of his red strings was visible. His eyes widened in shock. He followed the string and saw that the other end was tied to Jareds finger. Evans eyes were even wider now, if that was possible.

Evan watched Jared's face turn down to look at him, he watched the shock fill Jared's face. They made eye contact and were now staring at each other, unsure of how to break the silence. I mean, hey there weren't any handbooks on, "what to do if you find out your best friend who you've low-key been crushing on is your soulmate" or maybe there is. If there wasn't then Evan was going to write one.

Jared was the first to break the silence.

"...Can you see it too?"

"Y-yea...I mean, YES I CAN! ...sorry..."

Jared sat down next to Evan on the edge of the bed. If Jared was braver and had the guts, he might've grabbed Evans hand. Though right now, there were too many thoughts running through his head to even think about doing that.

"J-just t-t-to c-clarify, y-you are t-talking a-about t-the r-red s-string, r-r-right??" Evan stuttered out. Evan can't remember stuttering that bad around Jared, ever.

"Yea, what else would I be talking about"

"R-RIGHT! S-SORRY! Sorry." Evan was hyperventilating.

"Ok dude, you need to calm down."

"S-sorr-"

"No. Now breathe with me ok? Breathe in for *insert number here* and breathe out for *insert number here*"

Evan breathed with Jared and calmed down. He still felt bad though. Gosh Jared probably felt terrible, having to deal with a crappy soulmate like Evan. Heck, he couldn't even get through this situation without hyperventilating. How pathetic was that. Jared deserves someone better than him.

Jared felt relieved that he had calmed Evan down. It was the least he could do, considering that Evan was stuck with him for eternity. Which Jared was actually pretty happy about but that's besides the point. The point is, Jared has been rude to Evan for the past 6 years. Teasing Evan, Telling Evan he was pathetic,the list goes on. And, Jared wasn't sure if he'd gotten better, if he'd ever get better. Evan deserves someone better than him.

"So, soulmates huh?"

"Y-yea..." Evan paused, unsure of how to say what he wanted to say next, but decided to just go for it. "uh...D-do y-you,,d-do you l-like m-me? L-like uh,, l-like m-me a-as m-more t-t-than a f-friend, causeikindalikeyoulikethatwaitfernwhydidisaythatimsorry-"

Evan was a blushing mess at this point. Did he regret asking that question? Yes. Definitely. ABSOLUTELY.

Jared had barely understood what Evan said. He could make out the, 'do you like me as more than a friend?' though. Shit. Should Jared lie? Lie and say something like, 'pfff no. who would like a loser like you?' Jared was tempted to do that. To just lie and avoid talking about his feelings. I mean it's what he's been doing for the past 8 years.

Yet for some reason, Jared just couldn't bring himself to lie. Maybe it was the fact that he found out Evan was one of his soulmates, maybe he was just so tired of lying and bottling up his feelings. Either way, Jared decided to tell the truth.

"Yea,, I do..." Jared was looking away from Evan and if he wasn't blushing before, he definitely was now.

"I-"

"...Is there something wrong with that?" Jared choked out, tears threatening to fall.

"W-what? N-NO! I,, w-was just supRISED! C-cause it s-seemed so u-unlikely!"

That hit Jared hard. Of course Evan was surprised that Jared liked him. Jared had treated Evan like actual shit since they were eight. Now Evan was supposed to believe that Jared actually cared about him?

"Yea...i guess it would be unexpected considering i've been treating you like shit."

"W-what?! No! T-thats not it at all! I w-was surprised b-because i uh..k-kinda l-like you too? I mean i didn't really know that i liked you" Jared turned his head to look at Evan, "but then you were really nice t-to me t-today and you looked really cute when you were explaining stuff about spla-"

Evan was cut off by Jared kissing him. Jared. Kissing. Him. Was this a dream? Evan was surely dreaming. I mean, Jared ferning Kleinman was kissing him, and holy fern it felt amazing.

Jared didn't know why he kissed Evan. Maybe it was on impulse. Maybe it was because he knew he could do it with no regrets. Maybe it was both. Either way, Jared was damn well glad he did it.

Of course Evan knew that it wouldn't last. He and Jared still had a lot to talk about. Like does Jared have two strings as well? Or is it just eva- and HOLY FRICK Jared's lips were soft. Like REALLY SOFT. we're talking about your skin after taking a bath with a bathbomb soft.

Evan felt Jared move a little closer, so he returned the action. They were there kissing on the edge of Evans bed for who knows how long.

When the kiss ended. Evan and Jared spent a good 5 seconds just staring into the others eyes, still comprehending what just happened.

"Well that's not what I expected to happen today."

"Y-yea"

"That was fun though. We should do it again sometime." Jared winked at the end

"W-we s-should...umm w-when did your l-lips become so s-soft? Like t-they werereallysoftanditfeltamazingbutlike,how??"

Jared blushed at the compliment, but internally panicked, for that was one secret he might never tell anyone. Lets just say Jared has very interesting choices in his snacks.

"A good man never tell his secrets fufu"

"I c-can respect t-that."

A pause.

"Tch, sitting on the edge of your bed is boring."

"J-jared,what are you doing o-o"

Jared flopped down backwards onto Evans bed, and dragged Evan down with him. They were now lying on their sides facing each other, their knees touching.(woAH- you know its a serious relationship when the knees are touching)

"This is better lol"

"Y-yea..."

Holy fern. Jared was acting like they were dating even though they literally just confessed their feelings to each other a few seconds ago, and Evan was loving it. It was really great, being able to skip past the uncomfortable awkwardness, and just enjoy this time they had together.

But, just like that kiss, Evan knew it wouldn't last. There were things they needed to talk about. Like why was Jared so mean to him? What was the deal with the strings? So many questions that Evan needed answers to.

"Hey J-jared?"

"Yea Ev?"

"So, since we're s-soulmates, d-does t-that mean you have t-two strings as w-well?"

Shit. That was the one question Jared was praying Evan wouldn't ask. He hoped that maybe he would be able to ignore that lie a little longer, and just cuddle with Evan. yet, even if he did manage to avoid it, he would have to spill the tea eventually. So it's probably best that he did it now.

"Yea I do. The day I got my strings, i had been aware that most people only had one, for example my moms. So i was scared to tell them I had two cause they would think i'm weird, so I told them i only had one. Everyone believed me so I kept the lie going. Doing whatever it took to make sure no one found out the truth." As Jared confessed all this, he felt that guilt plant that had been growing inside of him for 6 years, slowly start to decay. It felt amazing, he no longer felt the weight of the plant and instead felt more free.

"W-wow. T-that explains a lot."

"Yea...sorry for treating you like shit, and lying, and so many other things.

"I-its ok, we c-can clear t-the slate and start over." (ONLY US REFERENCE GO BRRRRR)

"Thanks Ev.....Should we tell your mom we're in a relationship?"

"N-no- I think we should w-wait until we find who our other strings connect to, plus i don't think im ready to tell my mom like boys..."

"Alright Ev."

Evan gave Jared a small smile that made Jared's heart flutter. It was amazing because Jared could blush at Evan's cute antics and not worry about keeping it a secret. It was pretty much everything Jared had ever dreamed of having.

Word count: 1,394

So yea, Jared and Evan finally smooched <3

also, if yall have any recommendations for this fic, please tell me lol. i need ideas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 5 2
Kleinsen oneshot, 14k "This-" Jared points between them, still looking through his bag, "we are not doing this. Please, Evan. We're catching up, like...
111K 4.6K 26
Everyone is born with a timer on their wrist, counting down to the exact time they'll meet their soulmate. Connor Murphy doesn't believe in soulmates...
9.7K 334 34
It was standard procedure by now, just the way the world works. Everyone had a soulmate represented by a flower. Just one soulmate. That is unless yo...
33.2K 747 24
You and Connor hate each other. Basic and simple so you try to ignore each other. What happens when life makes that impossible. yea I suck at descrip...