Hidden Secrets ~ A Jason McCa...

By ListenJustListen

A Jason McCann Love story! What would happen if Naomi, a sweet caring girl whos parents died when she was 13... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
*N*O*T*E* (Most Asked Questions!)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Hidden Secrets ~ A Jason McCann Love Story ~

28.8K 133 32
By ListenJustListen

Hi Guys!! So, I'm sure everyone has watched that CSI episode where Justin plays Jason McCann. I loved that episode! ;) Sooo I decided to make a fan fiction about what would happen if he met a girl that would change him completely.... Here is the first chapter, hope you guys like it! Comment/Vote/Fan! Copyright © All Rights Reserved

_-__-_-__-_-__-_-__-_-__-_-__-_-__-_-__-_-__-_-__-_-_

“Tyler, you have to go to school, you can’t stay home,” I said worriedly to my little brother, Tyler, who was 6 years old.

“But, Naomi,” Tyler started jumping up and down the old, used couch that sat in the middle of our cramped and cluttered apartment.

“You don’t know how lucky you are to go to school! Many kids your age would love to go, but they can’t. Besides aren’t you going to the museum with your class today?” I informed him as I poured us a cup of milk. I put the glasses down and opened the fridge. I winced when I discovered that it was empty. Time for shopping, which meant money, and money means work. Considering that I was fired from my last job since I arrived late to occasionally because I had to make sure Tyler arrived to school safely.

Tyler stopped hopping and then a smile crept up his face.

“Really?! Museum, that sounds fun!” Tyler cried out in excitement. I laughed at his enthusiasm. It would be his first time going to a museum, on top of that it was a school paid event.

Tyler and I live in a crummy apartment in an even crummier apartment building. Which was located in Las Vegas and it was the best I could afford, since our parents died about 4 years ago when he was 2 and I was 13. They passed away in a car crash and as usual the drunk driver that hit them survived. I was left alone with a two year old baby to take care of. Since we didn’t have any family members alive, I took care of Tyler and dropped out of school in the process. I enrolled him in first grade just this year, and Tyler was really behind on everything. I try to teach him when I have the time but with all the odd jobs I have I never find enough time. We barely have enough food for both of us, but we survived some how. Now, all I needed to do was get a new job, and make sure Tyler gets to school.

“It is pretty cool. Make sure to tell me all about it,” I smiled at Ty and handed him a small package of Fruit Loops that I found in the cupboard.

Ty nodded enthusiastically and he skipped off toward the hallway. He had his small book bag, that used to be mine. I gulped down my glass of milk and ran off toward Ty.  

We sprinted down the stairs, hand in hand, and we caught a bus just in time. I dropped him off at his stop and watched him enter the building. He waved back to me his dirty blonde hair blowing lazily in the wind.

I sighed and sat back in my plastic bus seat. The vehicle lurched forward and I wondered where I was to go next. My eyes wandered over to the pile of newspapers and magazines next to me. I carefully picked out the newest edition I could find and skimmed through it. I stopped at the ‘now hiring’ section and glanced down all the entries. Then my eyes landed on one that was fairly close to Ty’s school. I quickly memorized it, repeating it in my mind, since I didn’t have any thing to write down with. Finally, I reached the street of the place that was hiring, which from the looks of it, was a local art supply store. I got out of the bus, and put my hands deep in my pockets and breathed out. It was a pretty cold day and all I could afford was jeans and faded ripped jeans.

I walked quickly toward the store and approached the glass door. I pushed it gently and chimes rang throughout the grocery store. I closed the door behind me and started for the cash register.

“Hi, I’m here to apply for that job in the newspaper,” I announced. I saw a girl with pale, dull, washed out blue eyes and wavy blonde hair. She looked up at me and grinned. She looked about my age.

“I don’t think we are giving jobs…” She mumbled tapping her chin, “Wait right here, I’ll check with the manager.”

I nodded quickly and the girl left the counter, and slipped into the back room. My eyes flickered to the window and saw a huge, towering, grey building. Just looking at it gave me the shivers. I stepped forward so I could get a better view of the building. The sign plastered at the front of it said in big bold letters, “Las Vegas County Jail”. I felt shivers crawl up my spine and I has to rub my arms. Just then, the girl was standing in front of me again and I jumped up, frightened.

“Oh, sorry, are you okay?” She chirped worriedly.

“I’m fine, thanks for asking,” I told her, “So, is there a job here?”

“Actually, no. He said that there was a job over there,” She advised me, pointing at the Las Vegas Jail.

“Oh…” I began, but then faltered. A jail. Well, it can’t be all that bad. I need the money for Tyler, I need the money for us. I gulped and I felt my palms grow sweaty.

The girl frowned. “I’m Charlotte. What’s your name?”

“I’m Naomi. Thanks for trying to help.”

“Its no problem,” Charlotte beamed, “I can’t believe I made a friend! Come by anytime, anytime at all!”

I cracked a smile at her energetic self and agreed. “Sure. I’m going to go check out that job offering.”

“Really? Well, I think you’ll get it, they have been very desperate for someone. I think its like errand running or something like that. You know what? You should come over here when your done getting everything sorted out kay, Naomi?” Charlotte gibbered.

“Right,” I told her giving her a small wave. I stepped outside and almost ran to The Jail. Ha, I made my own friend. It actually felt kind of nice, even though Charlotte was more like someone you spoke to while waiting in line at CVS or something like that.

I approached the huge building.

It took all my will power to go up to it. Each step I took was heavy and my shoulders felt like there was at least a ton on them.

I stared at the entrance and with all my strength, pushed the intercom button. Then regretted it. Before I could walk away, a voice came booming out of the speakers.

“Las Vegas Jail, how may I help you?” The voice said, huskily.

“Hi, I was told that there where some jobs available here?” I said trying to sound as business like as I could.

There was a long pause but finally the large steel door clicked open. I reached to pull them open and I saw a dark hallway, lighted with only a row of dim lights. It was definitely not my place to be. I gulped and thought about Tyler and how he needed me, how he needed the money. I took this into thought and went on, shutting the door behind me, making the whole building echo.

I looked to my right and saw a door that was labeled ‘Lincoln’. I knocked on the door hesitantly and a the same voice form before bellowed, “Come in!” I entered reluctantly and there sat a man behind a desk wearing a police uniform. He looked like he was in his late forties. His name was, obviously, Lincoln. He was the head security guard and in charge of the jobs. The job that they where offering was someone who did the errands, exactly what Charlotte had said. The pay was pretty good, so I got the job. Apparently, they where very desperate, desperate enough to hire a sixteen year old. Lincoln told me that I could start right then and there. The first job I was to do was to clean the halls. That wasn’t so bad, it was expected actually. He gave me a bucket, broom and a sponge. He assigned me some halls to clean, and I thanked him.

“And Naomi, please, don’t get to carried away. Be careful.” He warned me as I was almost out the door, with all the supplies in my hands.

“I will, sir. Thank you.” I said smiling.

I exited the room and out into the creepy hallway. Gosh, everything about this place was creepy. The inmates where not so bad as I thought they would be. But, yeah, some really scared me with that menacing look on their faces. I sighed and tied my hair up with a ribbon I found in my jean pocket. Ah, this place was dirty. I have my work cut out for me…

After a few hours of scrubbing the jail floors I finally finished all but one hall. I wiped the beads of sweat off my forehead and sighed in satisfaction. I did a pretty good job, if I don’t say so myself. The place was shining. Well, not really, but you get my vibe. I grabbed all my cleaning things and started down toward the next hall. I said hello to a couple of guards and introduced myself to them.

I went down to my knees and got the sponge. I dumped it into the bucket and added some soap. I started scrubbing the floor and singing a small tune my mom used to hum to me.

“Little bird, little bird

Your wings, so blue

Why won’t you fly away

Why won’t you fly-”

I was cut off short when I heard someone throwing a metal object. I was so startled that I threw my sponge at the source of the sound. My eyes widened and I cupped my mouth when I saw that I threw the wet sponge at someone inside a cell. It was a boy, around 17 years old. He was dripping with soap and water. The sponge was in the corner of the cell, along with a tray of…well I think it was an imitation of food. The boy had dirty blondish-brownish hair, with deep chocolate eyes. His skin was kind of tanned and his lips where a pale perfect shade of pink. He looked surprised and his eyes where narrowed in frustration and hatred. Oh. God.

“I am so sorry!” I let out quickly getting a towel from the supplied and handing it over to him between the bars. He stood there for a second, staring at me. Then he took hold of the towel and wiped his face off. Then he got the sponge from the corner and handed it to me with the towel.

“Here.” He said through his teeth.

I took the towel and wiped his face. I guess it came with the motherly instinct I had. My face turned red when I noticed what I did. He just raised an eyebrow.

“Eh, sorry…” I glanced at his face, which was perfect in everyway. Wow, he really was handsome. Why was he in jail? What did he do? I pushed these thoughts away and made my vision flicker away from his face. I settled it on the ‘food’ in the corner.

“That was supposed to be your lunch wasn’t it,” I asked him giving him a small smile.

“Is that your business?” His face was only a few inches away from mine, mostly because of those bars. I could feel his breath and I backed off.

“Wait here, I saw a vending machine somewhere,” I whispered. I ran in the direction of that vending machine and I reached it. I looked around my pockets for some spare change. All I found was a nickel. I sighed and looked under the machine. My face lit up when I found three quarters under there. I felt proud of myself as I slid in the coins into the machine. I bought a packet of Oreos and I ran back to the boy’s cell. The boy was sitting on the bed in the cell and was staring up at the pale wall.

“Hey,” I called out to him, “I got you a snack. Its not much but…I hope you like Oreos.” I cracked a smile.

He looked up hungrily and snatched the Oreo packet. Before I knew it almost the whole pack was gone. He was licking the chocolate off his fingers and when he noticed I was there he blushed a deep shade of red. I couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle. He took the almost empty packet and held out an Oreo for me.

“Here, sorry I ate them all…Thanks,” He mumbled looking away.

I took it and munched on it quietly. The boy stared at me, as he sat Indian styled on the floor.

“Wouldn’t you much rather sit on the bed?” I asked him.

“I wouldn’t sleep on that thing even if you payed me to. Its as hard as a rock,” He informed me.

“I’m sure its not that bad.”

“But it is.”

    I laughed and I thought I saw him kind of smirk. But when I focused more his face was blank. I got up from the floor and wiped my clothes off. I glanced up at a clock that was hanging on the wall and saw the time.

“Oh my…I’m late! Ty is got out of school ages ago!” I yelled out as I scrambled to collect the cleaning supplies. The boy looked at me questiongly but he didn’t say anything. He just watched me leave hurriedly. I said good bye to Lincoln as fast as I could and dropped of the stuff there. I then sprinted out of the jail and waved at Charlotte out the window. She waved back enthusiastically and motioned me to come inside, but I waved her off and she nodded. I looked around and no busses where coming so I started for Ty’s school.

Wow, this has been a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, Comment, Vote, Like, Tweet, Smile

:)

Love it? Hate it? Let me know ;) Thank you! BTW Thanks SO MUCH to PossessedTedyyy for the fanatbulous cover!!! Shes awesome!!!!! Woohooo!! I'm in love with it!! yeeee! loool :DD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 5.4K 78
Jennifer was on her way to school one day when she came across America's Most Wanted, Jason McCann. After being kidnapped, will she hate him for the...
6.2K 122 35
I want that girl. I know its not good for me but I do. I know that if i keep her around to long, than things are gonna come up.... Bad things that I...
33.6K 1K 13
Jason McCann; a boy with the right last name, and a bloodline with secrets so deep you wouldn’t know where to began. He was the heir to millions, and...
39.4K 712 19
I like how Justin Bieber played as Jason McCann on CSI, so I decide to make a story about him as Jason McCann. Description: Y/N is a teenage girl who...