Give Me Love

By chokemeanakin

• Anakin Skywalker / reader • You live on Coruscant and work in the temple medbay. After years of pain and ha... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three*
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four*
chapter thirty five
*chapter thirty six*
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight*
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five*
*chapter forty six*
*chapter forty seven*
chapter forty eight*
*chapter forty nine*
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
*chapter fifty three*
*chapter fifty four*
chapter fifty five
chapter fifty six
chapter fifty seven
chapter fifty eight
epilogue
*bonus chapter*

chapter ten

7K 255 189
By chokemeanakin

The next morning, you were surprised to find yourself blearily blinking your eyes open. Had you slept—?

How had that happened?

A few fragmented memories came back to you slowly. Pinta noting to Rico how malnourished you were, then Rico holding you down so Pinta could shove a horrifying amount of jello down your throat, then Pinta giving you more pain meds and sleep drugs so that you would stop cussing them out for breaking your heart. That last part was directed at your hallucinations, of course, but it still humiliated you to no end when you remembered.

You were still throwing up every so often, but much less often than a couple days ago. It seemed like whatever you had been poisoned with was slowly leaving your system.

Obi-Wan also came back with new clothes and information. He called Anakin on his com so he could be informed too, and just the sound of his voice through the crackly transmitter brought an unnatural feeling of comfort to you.

"Let's go over what I found," Obi-Wan began. "The living window was unlocked, but closed. Does that seem odd to you, Y/n?"

"I lock all the windows usually," you croaked from the bed. You sounded awful, and you're sure you looked worse. "I came in that night to see the curtain pulled open, too. I thought I just forgot to shut them."

"What else do you remember?"

"Dunno."

"Did you eat anything? Drink anything? There were dishes in your sink."

"Yeah, I had some water." There was a sinking feeling in your stomach as you remembered. "There— there was a cup I didn't remember getting out. It already had water in it."

"Did you drink it?"

"I poured it out and then refilled it."

"That was most likely it, then," Obi-Wan muttered. "They must have snuck in through the living room window, left a cup out with the toxin in it, and then left. You're lucky you poured the water out— if you had drinken that, you'd most likely be dead. But all you got was the residue, so now you're sick."

"Whoopee," you breathed, but inside you were freaking out. Someone had been in your apartment?

"Anakin," Obi-Wan addressed the com clearly. "What did you find out from Padmè?"

The sound of her name caused shivers to wrack your spine, and the thought of Anakin going to talk to her one on one made you want to throw up again. You'd need to get all the details as soon as possible.

"It wasn't her."

"Good. I was going to say, it wouldn't make sense."

"Why?" You asked. If anyone wanted to hurt you, it would be those girls. You kind of just assumed it was them because any other reason would make this a whole lot more complicated. Who else on Coruscant had a vendetta against you?

"I could just make out the signature of another presence in your apartment while I was there. It's not one I recognize, nor one I've ever felt before. Plus, they wouldn't sneak in through your living room window if they have keys to your apartment still. They'd just come in through the front door."

Crap. He was right.

"Has anyone been in your apartment other than them?"

"Just you and Anakin and Ahsoka."

"Any delivery guys? Package orders? Boyfriend or girlfriend?"

"No."

"It's unfortunate you say that. I checked the security cameras and the ones outside your apartment and in your hallway have been offline for weeks. The building blames maintenance for faulty electrical wires."

"What kind of excuse is that?" Anakin growled.

"I know, I already reported it. For now, all we know is that whoever poisoned Y/n owns a speeder, is technologically skilled, and has access to lethal amounts of Viraniphoid."

So that's the shit that was making you feel so awful.

"What do we do now?"

You couldn't go back to your apartment knowing someone was sneaking in and trying to kill you all the time. You'd rather sleep on the streets. Plus, you weren't supposed to be leaving for your first deployment for another two days, so really you were stuck.

"You'll stay here, in the Temple. There's a room open in the Jedi quarters near Anakin and I, so we'll be close by. I'll even see if one of us can watch over you officially until you leave," Obi-Wan said.

You nodded gratefully, head burrowing into the pillows. You wanted to leave the medbay so bad, and hearing that there was somewhere safe to go had relief washing over you like a tidal wave.

"Alright, then. I'm ready to go when you are."

Rico told you that you'd have to wait a few more hours for the next dose of drugs to kick in, and then you could go. You spent the next couple hours dozing, and then throwing up, and then begging to just leave already. You always thought people were overreacting when they said they hated hospital settings, but now you understood how suffocating they could feel.

Your next visitor was Anakin, baring the best news you'd heard in days.

"I'm here to bust you out of this place," he burst through the doors waving your release forms in the air. "Can you stand?"

Somehow he had managed to sling the bag with all of your stuff over his shoulder on the way to your bed. He was extending an arm out for you to grab onto as you sat up, dragging your legs through the tangle of blankets and testing them on the floor for the first time in three days.

You were extremely shaky and weak, like a newborn fawn, and you were slightly embarrassed at how hard you were gripping Anakin's arm as you pushed yourself to standing. Immediately, your whole body felt off, like your stomach had dropped to the floor and your limbs weren't your own. You knew it was just your blood recirculating to it's normal places, so you powered through and took a couple experimental steps forward.

"I think—" Anakin was cut off as he surged forward to steady you. Your knees had buckled and you almost fell to the ground. "I think we should get you a wheelchair."

"Over my dead body."

"Don't say that."

After a little more bickering, he realized there was no way he was getting you into a wheelchair, so he wrapped his arm tighter around your waist, bag slung over his other shoulder as he led you out of the medbay. You said goodbye to Rico and Pinta before the double doors opened before you, and you were free.

"Wait," you dug your feet into the ground so Anakin would stop moving. "Can we go to my apartment and get all my stuff? I need my clothes and toothbrush and everything."

Anakin furrowed his eyebrows, obviously not wanting to drag you out into the streets in your condition but not wanting to disappoint you either. He settled for leaving you on the bench outside of the medbay so he could borrow a speeder from some Senator he knew, and then he was helping you into the fancy car he'd pulled up to the entrance.

Obi-Wan's robe was pulled tight around your body, but the short walk down the steps of the Jedi Temple still sapped any energy you might have had from your weakened body. As soon as you got to the car, you collapsed against the seat while Anakin got into the driver's side, immediately turning the heat up.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, worried as you shivered against the leather seat. He drove quickly through the streets, turning the 5 minute walk to your building into a 2 minute drive.

"Fine," you answered curtly, not having the energy to make the lie believable. In fact, you could feel that familiar clench and release of your stomach starting again, and you knew you'd be spewing chunks in the next hour. You'd better hurry this up.

Anakin swung the speeder in front of the doors in a swift parking maneuver, and you were opening the door before he even had a chance to turn the engine off. His arm returned to your waist as he rushed around the front, helping you out of the car and into the building.

Taking the elevator was the obvious choice, though it always took too long to get places which is why you preferred taking the stairs. You were in no state to do that now, so you had to wait for the damn thing to take it's sweet time coming back down to the ground floor.

Once inside, you could tell Anakin was growing impatient as well by the force he used to push the button for the third floor. Another wave of chills and stomach cramps washed over you, and you fell further into his side for support. You definitely would not be standing if he wasn't still holding you up.

Finally, you made it to your apartment. As soon as you pushed inside, you felt a sweet relief. Home.

The relief was quickly overshadowed by the harsh fact that home was no longer safe, and you had to start packing to leave. You'd be deployed soon, so you honestly weren't sure when the next time you would see this place would be.

You directed Anakin to the closet where you kept your duffel bag, and he set you down on your kitchen chair so that he could go get it. You looked around the room, a little sad as you took it in for the last time for who knows how long. It truly had become a home in the year since you'd moved in, no matter how empty it seemed now.

Brightening up, your eyes landed on a teacup that Obi-Wan must have made when he was here. He probably brewed it for you knowing you'd come back, and wanted you to have something to drink that would calm your stomach.

The rim of the mug had just reached your lips when Anakin's chilling command echoed throughout the room.

"Don't drink that."

His tone startled you, making you flinch and immediately set the mug down. Duffel bag over his shoulder, he crossed the room in two long strides and took it in his own hands.

"This has to be from whoever's after you. I can sense them all over it."

"I thought it was from Obi-Wan?"

He shook his head, bringing the mug to the sink and dumping it. "Definitely not. It feels like something different. Not... human."

You shivered again, this time having nothing to do with the cold.

Before he had even tossed the mug in the garbage, you were already up and gathering things to pack. First was your clothes, only taking the necessities for what you imagined you'd need while in battle, which wasn't much. But you also needed something to wear for the next two days, so you took those too. The rest you left, realizing, uncomfortably, that they'd probably be sifted through by your stalker by the time you got back.

You gasped suddenly. So that's where your brown jacket had gone.

"What?" Anakin looked up as he shoved whatever you pulled out into the bag. You shook your head, waving off his alarm as you continued to pull things out of the closet as fast as you could manage.

"I just remembered, a jacket of mine went missing a couple weeks ago. It must have been... you know..."

He let out a displeased noise, speeding up his movements. "How long have things like that been happening?"

"I don't really know. The past couple weeks at least?" You remembered the window being open and the noises that always seemed to wake you up at night. "Now that I think about it, before the girls even decided they hated me. So I guess it really wasn't them."

"I wish you had told me."

"I didn't think anything of it at the time," you told him truthfully. "I had no idea someone was watching me until now."

After packing all of your clothes, you moved to the bathroom and started shoving your soaps and hygiene products in the bag. You really didn't need much, so when the duffel bag was only half-full, you felt like you were forgetting something.

"All good?" Anakin asked, arm already winding its way around your waist again. You let your eyes survey the apartment again, ticking off your mental checklist.

"I think so," you nodded, and the two of you walked out of your apartment, Anakin carrying your duffel bag and you basically.

The elevator was no less painful going down, and neither was the frigid walk to the car even though it was parked as close to the door as possible. The sun had fully set by now, and the city lights twinkled like stars as Anakin flew past them.

"You don't have to be afraid, you know."

Could he sense that on you? You thought you were doing a good job of masking it with the sadness you felt at not getting a proper goodbye to your home. You thought you still had a few days, but being wrenched from it so suddenly had your throat closing up a bit.

At the same time, you felt uneasy being in there, knowing it had been tainted by someone who wanted to hurt you. The more you thought about the weird things that had happened lately, the more uneasy you felt at the amount of times you could have died. You had no idea you were being watched, chalking everything up to your own forgetfulness among your other life events, and now you're realizing just how easy it was to blindside you.

You couldn't deny your feelings from a Jedi though, so you simply met his sidelong glance and nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 8.1K 43
I'm a Jedi Padawan... oh wait, I'm not. No Master will pick me. I'm the fabled "Weakest Jedi." My connection to the force is so below-average I can b...
250K 6.7K 61
The last person in the galaxy you would ever want to be trapped with inside a little ship in space was your arrogant, cruel master- Anakin Skywalker...
Fears By Ecapé

Fanfiction

1.8K 245 33
"They will suffer - all of them. I will not be satisfied until I have revenge." **THIS IS BOOK no. 4 in my series "The Sting of Time!" If you haven't...
34.9K 807 37
After ending up on the infamous Death Star without knowing why, your Emperor Vaders prisoner. Your shown mercy and the oppurtunity to prove yourself...