Painkiller: Gotham's Finest

By kamjaxson

This book follows Khalil (Painkiller), as he sets off to Gotham to find the truth about himself, until he enc... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Gotham's Finest
Chapter 2: Bailed Out
Chapter 3: Bruce Who?
Chapter 4: Bat-Killer
Chapter 5: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 1
Chapter 6: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 2
Chapter 8: The Proton Ring Hunt: Part 4
Chapter 9: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 5
Chapter 10: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 6
MIDBOOK TRAILER
Chapter 11: The Jokester
Chapter 12: Mommy's Home
Chapter 13: "Delivery for Bruce Wayne"
Chapter 14: Duo Duel
Chapter 15: The Greatest Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Sorrows and Surprises
Chapter 17: The Removal of All Pains
Chapter 18: Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Painkiller
Chapter 19: Yin and Yang
Chapter 20: Gotham's Finest

Chapter 7: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 3

63 6 0
By kamjaxson

Anissa and Dionte exchange looks.

"Well, who are you, and why are you going down to the basement during my Gala?", Josh Bell says.

"Uhh....", Anissa starts.

"They're with me!", a voice says down the hall.

They turn to see Bruce Wayne walking down the hallway.

"Oh Mr. Wayne, I wasn't expecting you tonight", Josh says.

"Neither was I, but I finished up a business meeting early, and decided to pay a visit to the gala to check on the security system I paid for, for the Proton Ring", Bruce says.

"Ok, so why are they here?" Josh says pointing to Anissa and Dionte.

"I sent them here, to check on it for me, I figured there would be no confusion but I come in here just now and you're questioning them about viewing the lab in which I bought", Bruce says.

"Well this is my building", Josh says.

"Don't forget who bought you this building!", Bruce says.

"First off I didn't know who bought it, the bank told me someone donated me money for the building, the only catch was that I had to store a powerful object here", Josh says.

"Well now you know who it was, So if you will excuse us, we have a Proton Ring to examine, and you have a party to host.", Bruce says walking onto the elevator.

Anissa and Dionte stare in amazement, then walk on the elevator with him. As they're going down he's checking his watch.

"Wow we didn't know you owned the Proton Ring", Anissa says.

"I don't", Bruce says, "But he doesn't know that".

"Excuse me?", Dionte asks.

"You two have to learn how to deal with things under pressure, you see you only know combat, but no regular field work", Bruce says.

"Combat is Regular Field Work", Anissa says.

"No, Combat is Combat, knowing how, when, and what to do while you're out in the field at all times, is regular, Field Work", Bruce says.

The elevator falls silence. After bypassing the second retina scan, and Dionte using his Freezing powers to short out the password protectors, they make it through all of the system protections. When they get to the final floor in the basement, the doors to the room open. They walk in, and sitting at the end of the room is a case with a Purple Proton Ring in it.

"Which Proton Ring is that?", Bruce Wayne asks.

"It's the Soul Ring", Alfred says to Anissa.

"It's the Soul Ring", Anissa says to Bruce.

"Is that Alfred?", Bruce asks.

"Yes it is!", Dionte says, "How'd you know?"

"Alfred normally answers my questions when I'm out in the field, he's the one that told me to come help you guys", Bruce says.

"Well he's been very helpful for us, and so are you for allowing us to stay at your mansion", Anissa

"Y'all are at my house?", Bruce says turning to Anissa.

"Yeah, I though you invited us", Dionte says nervously.

"Oh I did, I just like to make people sweat, it keeps them on their toes", Bruce says.

Dionte shakes his head laughing. They step forward and lasers shoot out from the wall from one end to the next, making an array of deadly laser points.

"Woah", Anissa says, "Alfred did not mention lasers".

"It has to be a sensor, step back", Bruce says.

They take a step back, and the lasers disappear. Bruce follows the sensor pads to a wire leading up the wall until it stops at a control panel. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a metal bat symbol and throws it at the control panel. It begins to spark and the laser go off. 

"I need one of those", Dionte says.

They run up to the Proton Ring Box. Bruce tries to lift it but it doesn't budge.

"It's locked, let me get the bat blade and.....", Bruce starts.

Anissa takes a deep breath and punches the glass, shattering it. 

"That was Laminated Glass, nearly unbreakable", Bruce says.

"And this is thunder, able to break anything", Dionte jokes giving Anissa high five.

 Bruce puts on gloves and reaches for the Proton Ring. 

"Ok let's go!", Anissa says walking back to the elevator.

They leave the gala undetected and head back to the batcave.

"That's 2 Proton Rings, the next ring is the Air Ring, but it can wait till tomorrow", Alfred says.

"Can I go on the mission, next time", Khalil says.

"Yes of course Master Payne", Alfred says.

"Actually y'all can take a break, I'll go recover the next Proton Ring", Bruce says.

"Oh no, now I know that you believe in working alone in Gotham, but having a team is better than doing dangerous mission alone", Anissa says.

"It's kind of my thing", Bruce says.

"Well try a new thing, because we're in this together", Anissa says.

"You're spicy ain't you", Bruce says.

"You'll learn to love it, it comes in handy sometimes", Khalil says.

"So let me get this straight, you 2, actually came here to help Khalil get rid of his Painkiller", Bruce says.

"Us 3, Jenn's upstairs, but it was her idea to come and help him, but after hearing about the danger we might have to endure, she chickened out, and refused to help us on our journey to help Khalil", Anissa says.

"Oh don't beat your sister up over that, she has the right intentions, it is hard supporting someone who's life is full of danger, I lost a couple of girlfriends over that", Bruce says.

"Well speaking of Jenn, where is she?", Dionte asks.

"Oh she stepped out for the night after discovering, Master Wayne's mini mall she found an outfit and left, Alfred says.

"Did she say where she was going?", Anissa asks.

"To a diner for some tea and relaxation", Khalil jokes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jenn sits at the diner sipping tea watching the tourists and late night creeps walk by. Suddenly a weird woman walks in and notices her sitting by herself. She walks over to where Jenn is sitting.

"Hey is this seat taken?", the woman asks.

"No, but there are like 10 other available seats elsewhere", Jenn says.

The woman sits down.

"To be honest, I just hate dining by myself", the woman says.

"Well you need to find you a friend", Jenn says a little annoyed.

"That's what I'm doing silly, and I happened to stumble on a beautiful black woman", the woman says.

"Oh, I don't swing that way", Jenn says a little creeped out.

"Neither do I, it was just a compliment, I have a boyfriend but he's feeling a little green tonight", the woman says.

"You mean a little blue", Jenn replies.

"No I mean Green", the woman says.

"Weird but ok", Jenn says.

Jenn squints her eyes at her then turns her head to the side.

"You know, you look oddly familiar, what was your name again", Jenn asks.

"Oh it's Dinah, Dinah Lance", the woman says.

Jenn sits back and crosses her arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 54 26
Andy is a Government Assassin in the year 2018. She's lived through 2012 and now she works for the FBI. Her whole life she's kept to herself after ba...
391 60 23
Krysten, a trained assassin is searched by Aaron, the badass cop who desires to kill her. One night, they met and led their bottled-up desires flow...
9.8K 285 9
Khada Jhin, The Golden Demon of Ionia, finds himself in Demacia on a mission, where things don't go exactly as planned... Not many know, but I love t...
1.2K 77 20
Following the events in Book 1, the Outsiders try to navigate life, while protecting Freeland from a Anti-Government known as the Militia. All while...