Stormy nights

By becks101

Five - 0's gonna get another epic mystery when we find out how a midnight snack, mixed with a cruel joke can... More

A stormy night
A cruel joke
Almost had em'

A rough night

470 18 7
By becks101

~Meanwhile~

The night had not been so great for detective Danny Williams he was at his apartment with no electricity, which meant that he couldn't block out the sound of the water and rain, so he just laid in his bed staring at the ceiling until he heard his door creek open. he looked to see his little monkey. "Gracie"

Gracie: are you awake danno?

Danny: yeah, I'm awake monkey.

Gracie: danno, can I sleep with you?

Danny: of course monkey, come here.

Gracie went in and crawled into bed with danno.

Gracie: danno, can we call mommy?

Danny: well, she might be sleeping.

Gracie: but the rain and thunder is so loud, how can she sleep through all this noise?

Danny: well, your mom always was a heavy sleeper, but if you want me to ill call her.

Gracie: ok.

She said as she yawned. Danny picked up the house phone, and then remembered that the power was out, he then pulled his cell phone out of the pocket of the pants he wore yesterday. He turned it on and found Rachel's number and called it. He was sent straight to voicemail, so he tried again, it rang once and then straight to voicemail again. He then tried to call Stanley, and it was the same with his phone.

Danny: hey monkey, mommy isn't picking up right now, so maybe we should try again later, ok?

Gracie: can you leave her a message?

Danny: of course we can, do you want too do it? Or do you want me too?

Gracie: you can do it.

Danny: you sure? She'll probably want to hear from you.

Gracie: you can do it.

She said begging to doze off. Danny reluctantly redialed Rachel's number and waited to leave a message. "great, now she won't pick up for my my calls. why is she mad now? I mean I would think she'd wanna at least pick up to see how grace is doing, but no, cause she's just a moody, cranky, bi-..."
Danny's thoughts were interrupted by the beep of the message machine.

Danny: hey Rachel, um, Gracie wanted me to give you a call, and see how you and Stan are doing. so if you could give me a call back, that would be great, bye.

Then he hung up. "did I just include Stan, why would she want to know how Stan is doing? Ya know what it doesn't matter, at least the call is over now." -Danny thought

Then he heard something in the other room. So he got up and followed the noise. He ended up in Gracie's room. He could hear Miley Cyrus singing "Party In the USA". He picked up Gracie's phone and read the caller ID. It was Rachel, so Danny answered and heard Rachel's British accent on the other line.

Rachel: Grace darling, how are you? I've tried calling you at least a dozen times, why didn't you answer?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. She called her at least a dozen times! Why didn't she return any of my calls!?" Danny thought

Rachel: Grace are you there?........Grace, hello?

Danny: Grace is sleeping.

Rachel: Daniel!?! Why are you answering my daughters phone!?!

Danny: what do you mean "your daughter"? She's my daughter too.

Rachel: look Daniel, just let me talk to grace.

Danny: don't Daniel me, and like I said before Grace is still sleeping.

Rachel: well, I want to talk to her.

Danny: I just said she's sleeping.

Rachel: why hasn't she picked up for any of my calls? I'm sure me calling her would've woken her up.

Danny: she was sleeping in my room cause she was scared. She left her phone in her room, and why haven't you answered or returned any of my calls?

Rachel: well, when she wakes up tell her to call me.

Danny: why don't you want to talk to me?

Rachel: cause Daniel, I don't want to. Now, just tell Grace to call me when she wakes up, ok?

Danny: what did I do to you this time?

Rachel: good bye Daniel! (She said and then she hung up)

Danny put Gracie's phone back on her nightstand and went back to his room. When he walked in, he saw Gracie sitting up on his bed with a very scared look on her face. Danny ran over to her to see what was wrong.

Danny: what's wrong monkey? (He said climbing into bed and hugging her)

Gracie: I had a nightmare, where did you go?

Danny: it's ok monkey, I was just in your room, but it's ok. (He said in a very soothing way) I'm here now.

Gracie hugged him.

Danny: do you want to talk about the nightmare?

Gracie: It was about mom, did you talk to her yet?

Danny: yeah, she called your phone. That's why I went to your room.

Gracie: is she ok?

Danny: yes, but she said she wanted to talk to you later today.

Gracie: good. (She said with a sigh of relief and a yawn)

Danny: well, c'mon monkey you need to get some sleep (he said said laying down on the bed beside her)

Gracie: I know, but I can't sleep.

Danny: why not?

Gracie: I can't sleep with the thunder and lightning.

Danny: I know monkey, but you have to at least try.

Gracie: ok.

And with that, Gracie closed her eyes. The room fell silent, except for the rain and the occasional crack of thunder.

Gracie: Danno, is uncle Steve ok?

Danny: I don't know monkey, I'll call him in the morning. (He said with a yawn)

Gracie: ok.......what about aunt kono, and uncle chin?

Danny: I'm pretty sure they're all fine.

Gracie: and aunt Catherine?

Danny: she is with uncle Steve, and they're probably fine as well. I'll call everyone tomorrow.

Gracie: ok...... Do you mean tomorrow, as in the day after today, or just later on today? Cause if you mean today, then it already is today cause it's 4:00am, but it still counts.

Danny: I mean today at a decent hour, when normal people get up. (He said with another yawn)

Gracie: but uncle Steve gets up close to this time.

Danny: no, he still has about an hour. Plus he can get up when ever he wants, but for now we both need our sleep, ok? Cause neither of us have really had a good night, or enough sleep.

Gracie: ok.......(five minutes later) but what about Amber? will she be ok?

Danny: I don't know, but I'll call her in th- (then he noticed who she said and pulled his phone out and dialed Amber's number) I'm calling her now.

His cell phone was sent strait to voicemail, so he called again, and it went straight to voicemail again. He tried again...... And again, it went straight to voicemail, but when he tried again for the fourth time, and was again sent straight to voicemail he left a message......

Danny: hey Amber, um... I was just calling to check in and see how your doing with the storm. Give me a call back when you get this, thanks, bye. (Then he hung up and waited a few minutes to see if she would call, then he laid back down and tried to go sleep, but the sound of the thunder and rain and now worry, kept him up)

Gracie: Danno, will I have to go to school tomorrow, or I mean later on today?

Danny:*sighed* your husbands gonna love you, you know that. No, I don't think so, but you should still go to sleep.

Gracie: good, cause I had a test and I kinda forgot to study.

Danny: how did you forget to study? You always study.

Gracie: umm... I was doing something else.

Danny: and what would that be?

Gracie: um..... Playing the wii.

Danny: well, later you will have plenty of time to study, don't you worry.

Gracie: But Danno, if I'm not gonna take the test anyways, do I still have to study?

Danno: yes, you still need to be smart, ok?

Gracie: yes Danno.

Danny: good, now please try and get some sleep.

Gracie: but Danno...

Danny: no buts, you need some sleep. Look it's already almost five o clock.

Gracie: exactly, so why bother sleeping now?

Danny: come on monkey, go to sleep, please.

Gracie: ok...I'll try, but I make no promises.

Danny: fine, but at least try.

Gracie: ok.

Ten minutes later Grace finally fell asleep.

A/N: hi guys sorry it took me so long to put up the next chapter. I'll try and update more frequently. I hope you all enjoy! Ps. I'd like to give a special thanks to @raestyles9876 for helping me with my trailer for this book, and @Sherry_Aloha for the shoutout thnx so much, you guys are awesome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 85.8K 193
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
601K 18.2K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
748K 27.5K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
1.1M 36.9K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...