The End of a Contract - Xiao...

By misscremee

A traveller from Mondstadt has just reached Liyue on a quest to explore all of Teyvat. They expect to only s... More

A/N
1 : Arrival
2 : Saved
3 : Departure
4 : Treasure Hoarders
5 : Death
6 : Life
7 : Falling For You
8 : Going Insane
9 : Surviving
10 : Conversation
11 : Duel
12 : Warm
13 : Nosy
14 : Surprise
15 : Goodbye
16 : Liyue Harbor
17 : Trouble
18 : Justice
19 : Date
19.5 : Inside Me
20 : Osial
21 : Shot
22 : Passing
23 : Live without
24 : Decided
25 : Not Anymore
26 : Together Again
27 : Qiqi
28 : Whatever it Takes
29 : Deserving
30 : A Normal Life.
31 : Change of Pace
32 : For You.
33 : Package
34 : Back in my Arms
35 : Beach Days
37 : Celebration
EPILOGUE : Wait for me.

36 : Expression

7.1K 238 574
By misscremee

yoimiya

Y/N'S POV

I'm suddenly woken up by the sound of glass breaking. My body violently lunges forward at the sudden noise. I hold my throbbing head with my hands, I guess I'm hungover after Beidou convinced me to go drink with her last night...

I groggily got up from my bed and walked towards where I heard the noise to see Qiqi had knocked over a glass she was trying to reach. I sigh, then kneel down and pat Qiqi's head.

"Qiqi, be more careful next time ok ?"

Qiqi nods and then she starts walking away to sit at the dining table waiting me to make her breakfast. As I walk over to the sink to wash my hands before cooking, I see a wooden lunchbox on the counter.

"Xiao left his lunch... I'll bring it to him later..."

After letting out a deep sigh, I continue moving and make mine, and Qiqi's breakfast.

Seeing Qiqi happily munch down on her food is quite a relaxing sight after experiencing the morning In currently having...

After we finish eating I take a quick shower and go get ready to deliver Xiao's lunch to his workplace. I put on my clothes, grab Xiao's lunch, hug Qiqi goodbye, and head off.

I walk all the way across Liyue Harbor to Liuli Pavillion where Xiao works as a waiter. I walk up to the receptionist and ask to see Xiao.

After a few seconds I saw him walk out of an 'employees only' door to see him in his beautiful uniform, if I had to describe it... it looks like something that old man Zhongli would wear.

He walks up to me I give him my brightest smile but I'm give the cold shoulder as he takes the lunchbox and leaves with a simple thank you... what's up with him...

Oh well... I brush it off and walk back home. But the more I think about it the saltier I get, I went through all the effort of delivering his lunch that he forgot and I don't even get at least a smile !!

Maybe somethings troubling him... I'll ask him about it later !

—————

Xiao finally gets home and immediately sits down at the dinner table and talks to Qiqi while I prepare dinner. He doesn't even acknowledge my existence... somethings definitely wrong.

Dinner goes by normally and we all clean up. I decide to talk to Xiao about why he's been acting like this.

"Hey Xiao... is something wrong ?"

He just glances at me.

"It feels like you're mad at me... you didn't smile at me when I brought you your lunch and you barely even noticed me all through dinner."

"It's nothing."

"Is it really though ?"

"Fine, if you really wanna know, it's because you went out drinking with Beidou last night. I kept telling you not to go because... well I wanted to spend time with you. And when I came to pick you up I saw you being all touchy with other people there... I know you're free to do that and I know you'd never l-leave me but I just don't wanna lose you."

"... I... I'm sorry."

"It's ok. I just got paranoid is all..."

I didn't know what to say. All I know is I messed up... today's been a bad day hasn't it...

I feel a single run down my face and I quickly brush it off. I close my eyes, let out a deep sigh, and turn around to see Qiqi staring at me.

"Qiqi ? How long have you been there ?"

"Qiqi... heard everything."

"Oh Qiqi, it's nothing you should be worried about ! Papa Xiao's just a bit tired so—"

Suddenly a tear starts streaming down Qiqi's face. And then another... and another, until she's fully sobbing. At first I was taken aback but her sudden expression but then I snap back to reality and star consoling her.

"Qiqi.... Just wants you and Papa Xiao... to be happy..."

She says in between sobs.

"It's not your fault Qiqi... it's okay..."

After a few more minutes of consoling her she stops crying and looks up at me.

"Y/N... did Qiqi just cry ?"

Qiqi's eyes are all red from crying so much... does this mean she's able to make expressions again ?

"You definitely cried... does this mean your face can show expressions again ?"

"Qiqi isn't sure... but Qiqi hasn't cried like that in a very long time so Qiqi is happy !"

And at that moment, Qiqi decided to unleash her true power and show the world the most adorable smile this planet has ever seen.

"Let's ask Xiao about it tomorrow ok ? Go to bed now."

I smile at her and she smiles back, then we both go back to our rooms.

It looks like Xiao is sleeping on the couch today... I'll make it up to him tomorrow...

I close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep

🛌

I wake up the next day to feel someone's arms around me. I turn over to see Xiao sleeping beside me and holding me tightly. He feels me moving and wakes up shortly after.

"I missed you."

"Me too."

I give him a quick kiss on the lips and then try and convince Xiao to get out of bed.

"But it's the weekend..." Xiao whines.

"Fine then, I have other ways of getting you out of bed."

"Ok just try not to set the house on fire this time."

"!!! That's not what I meant..."

"Whatever you say~"

I run out the bedroom and go to Qiqi's room to see her awake and staring at herself in the mirror smiling. My heart softens a bit and then I go talk to her.

"Qiqi, could you go get Xiao out of bed please ?"

"Ok !" She nods and smiles then walks off into our bedroom.

I hear the door open and then Xiao says

"Y/N you know I can't be tickled so just give up—"

And then I presume he saw Qiqi's smile and freaked out so he fell of the bed. I'm not sure since all I heard was loud thud.

I went over to our room and sure enough he was on the floor smothering Qiqi with hugs.

"Never doubt Y/N's abilities~!"

"Fine, you win, but could you explain why Qiqi is so... lively ?"

I kneel down next to Xiao on the floor and whisper to him.

"I'm not sure either. Qiqi just saw us fighting last night and started crying..."

Xiao's jaw drops.

"I know ! Crazy right ?"

Xiao nods vigorously.

"But... this is a nice outcome out of a bad situation."

"It really is... maybe we should celebrate by going out tonight ?"

"Qiqi wants cocogoat milk !"

Me and Xiao chuckle at her enthusiasm.

"Oh speaking of celebrations, isn't the Lantern Rite happening soon ?"

"The Lantern Rite... I've always distanced myself from such events but the lanterns always looked so pretty... I'd love to spend it with you Y/N."

"What about Qiqi ?!"

"You too Qiqi."

We all smile and laugh before getting up to continue our days.

😇

yoimiya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5.2K 33
-------❁ ❁ ❁------- If i get a chance to meet you again, this time I will tell how much I love you. So please, I miss you so much y/n. -------❁...
1.4M 71K 58
❝in the midst of all the chaos, he found peace; with her. ❞ 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐓! 𝐗𝐈𝐀𝐎 𝐱 𝐅𝐄𝐌!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 ✃...
2.1K 110 12
Basking in the Adepti's lands no longer suits your tastes. As adventure you crave, after a long period of solace and regret you leave to adventure Li...
208K 7.4K 28
After arriving in this world, youve long since adjusted to life in Mondstat, but after you recieve a commission that has you trailing to Liyue you so...