Even Royalty Falters || Draco...

Bởi starry_galaxie

Crescent Whitewing comes from a well-respected Sacred 28 Gryffindor family, and upon attending Hogwarts, she... Xem Thêm

Introductions
Chapter 1 - Platform 9 3/4
Chapter 2 - Hogwarts
Chapter 3 - Classes
Chapter 4 - Moving Staircases
Chapter 5 - Halloween
Chapter 6 - Christmas Break
Chapter 7 - Detention
Chapter 8 - The Plan
Chapter 9 - End of First Year
Chapter 10 - Mudblood
Chapter 11 - The Message
Chapter 12 - The Duel
Chapter 13 - Obliviate
Chapter 14 - The Creature
Chapter 15 - Taken
Chapter 16 - End of Second Year
Chapter 17 - Breaking News
Chapter 18 - Buckbeak
Chapter 19 - School Grounds
Chapter 20 - Holiday Break
Chapter 21 - Late Nights
Chapter 22 - The Truth
Chapter 23 - End of 3rd Year
Chapter 24 - Quidditch World Cup
Chapter 25 - TriWizard Tournament
Chapter 26 - Goblet of Fire
Chapter 27 - The Daily Prophet
Chapter 28 - Yule Ball
Chapter 30 - End of 4th Year
Chapter 31 - Umbridge
Chapter 32 - D.A. & Inquisitorial Squad
Chapter 33 - Betrayal
Chapter 34 - Department of Mysteries
Chapter 35 - End of 5th Year
Chapter 36 - Love Potion
Chapter 37 - Slughorn's Party
Chapter 38 - Confrontation
Chapter 39 - Heartbreak
Chapter 40 - End of 6th Year
Chapter 41 - On The Run
Chapter 42 - The Locket
Chapter 43 - The Manor
Chapter 44 - Loyalties
Chapter 45 - The Return
Chapter 46 - "Death"
Chapter 47 - The Final Battle
Nineteen Years Later
Author's Note

Chapter 29 - The Portkey

393 13 0
Bởi starry_galaxie

I spent the rest of the holidays followed around by questioning and curious eyes of students and professors. We continued our claim of being "just friends," I would hate to satisfy Rita Skeeter if we came out and said the truth. Besides, one more secret can't hurt on top of all the other ones we already had. No one needed to know, because no one would allow it once they did. My parents would certainly be dismayed if they knew. Friendship, they'd tried to tolerate. Love, was forbidden. 

Luckily as it turned out, Rita Skeeta had other news to report over me and Draco. As the days turned into weeks, people began to let the topic drop as they got used to seeing the two of us in the corridors.

Before long, the deadline of figuring out the second task was approaching. When I walked into the Great Hall the day of, I found Harry alone with Ron and Hermione nowhere to be found. Weird, since Hermione was all over Harry the past few days about his next daunting task.

When we gathered around the Black Lake for the second task, it was revealed that each champion had to save the person who they miss the most at the bottom of the lake. Hermione was Krum's person! I stood with Neville and Ginny as we waited in anticipation. One by one we watched Krum appear with Hermione, Cedric with Cho and Fleur with no one since she had gotten injured. When Harry broke the surface, gasping for air and holding onto two people, I realized that he had not only saved Ron, but also Fleur's sister! Now, Harry and Cedric were tied for first with one final task left at the end of the year.

One day in Potions, Pansy strode into class with a smug smile on her face as shoved a copy of The Daily Prophet into Hermione's face.

"Read it, Granger!" She sneered, motioning all the Slytherins in our class to father around.

I skimmed the article over Hermione's shoulder, seeing that Rita Skeeter had published an article on her, claiming that she was toying with both Harry and Krum's feelings.

"You told Rita Skeeter that Hermione was making illegal Love Potions?" I growled, outraged.

Pansy shrugged, "who knows?" She snickered.

I took a step towards Pansy and whipped out my wand, holding it steadily pointed at her face, a list of jinxes running through my head to use. Just then, Draco walked in through the door, followed shortly by Snape, and I was forced to put away my wand. "Oh well, can't make your face uglier when it's the ugliest," I remarked, earning a chorus of giggles from my fellow Gryffindors.

"Ms. Whitewing, return to your seat please," Snape warned as he came up to me.

He caught sight of the newspaper lying on Hermione's desk and picked it up and read the article out loud. Hermione turned a deep shade of red as Slytherins burst into fits of laughter. Snape raised an eyebrow and flipped to the next page, clearing his throat ready to read it before he stopped himself with a glance at Draco.

I knew what the next article was about. It was about Draco and I, even though it had been ages since the Yule Ball. Rita Skeeter still fueled our family rivalry with our forbidden love. And while Draco and I had kept up the facade that we were merely friends, Skeeter's articles kept insisting otherwise.

"A very interesting 'friendship' no doubt," Snape's eyes flickered from Draco to me. Indeed, his favorite student and one if his least favorites. What was a Professor like him to do about that?

"Its only interesting since everyone makes it out to be," I responded, finally taking a seat. Across the room, Draco subtly nodded in silent agreement. It was enough for Snape to return to the front of the classroom and start his lesson.

When Easter came around, the four of us received our annual Easter eggs from Aunt Molly. I frowned upon comparing mine to Harry and Ron's. "Mine are smaller than yours!"

"Me too," Hermione showed me her tiny egg.

Ron scratched his head and then sighed. "Must be because mother read about Rita Skeeter's article about you guys," he explained, furrowed his brows.

I tossed the egg in the air and gently caught it again. "Guess I'm lucky to even have received eggs, huh?" I murmured, bummed out.

I knew my family didn't like my friendship with Draco. I should've guessed that Aunt Molly despised it even more.

"She just doesn't think it'll last. You'll only get hurt from trusting the Malfoys," Ron suggested.

"I don't trust the Malfoys. Only Draco," I defended, shaking my head. Must he be associated with his family always? After spending time around him, I knew well enough now that he far from the person his father was. Far from the person his father wanted him to be.

"I wouldn't trust anyone whose father is a Death Eater," Ron retorted. "What's stopping Malfoy from being just as bad as him?"

Me. I wanted to tell them, but it wasn't worth getting into another argument. I avoided meeting Ron's stare and looked down at my basket of eggs. One of them was a little cracked already.

I picked it up and traced my finger along the Crack. Imperfect. Like me. They all wanted me to follow the path supposedly meant for me, but I had gone and befriended a Malfoy. No, not just befriended. We were so much more now.

~~~

With the end of the school year just out of reach, the final task presented itself in the form of a maze. The task itself sounded simple: navigate the maze, grab the trophy.

Harry and Cedric entered first, followed by Krum and finally Fleur. Just like the previous tasks, time seemed to drag on forever until we were alarmed by the first red sparks shot into the sky. Fleur was out. Then, another streak of red sparks shot up from the maze. Krum was out. Krum? I'd expected him to at least hold his ground a little longer based on past performances by him. That left Harry and Cedric, either way, Hogwarts had won. Some Beaubaton and Durmstrang students, upon realizing this, wore disappointed and crestfallen faces for the rest of the time we waited. And waited.

Unexpectedly, in a flash of light, Harry appeared back at the start, trophy in his hand and Cedric drooped over his shoulder. The band started playing an upbeat tune, congratulating Harry on his victory, but soon, students started screaming. Upon closer glance, I realized that Cedric lay stone still, his eyes open but empty. 

"My boy! That's my boy!" Amos Diggory let out a distraught wail as he rushed forward. Professors swarmed the two Hogwarts champions as students began to freak out. 

"Cedric's dead!" Hermione cried as we rushed over to Harry, but we couldn't get past the wall of Professors. 

Professor McGonagall shook her head at us, "Everyone must head back to the Great Hall," she demanded. The Head Boy, Head Girl and prefects immediately began to usher everyone back to the castle. 

"Wait, where's Moody taking Harry?" I pointed over at the departing Moody and Harry.

Ron and Hermione followed my gaze. "Maybe to get him for questioning," Ron suggested. "I reckon something terrible must've happened in there,"

We waited in the Great Hall for what seemed liked hours with no sign of Harry, Dumbledore, Moody, Snape or McGonagall. Students whispered among themselves, many of Cho's friends comforting her. I wonder what it felt like to loose someone you loved. When Dumbledore did come back, he addressed us solemnly and told us to refrain from talking about Cedric's death. Hermione, Ron and I were allowed to visit Harry in the Hospital wing where we learned of Barty Crouch Jr.'s impersonation of Moody and how the trophy was a port key.

"Voldemort's back," Harry said, "Even Snape said Voldemort has summoned his supporters with the Dark Mark,"

"What do we do now?" Ron asked nervously.

"We can only fight. Hagrid said his return was inevitable, and I heard Dumbledore already dispatching others on missions."

"And how do you plan on telling everyone to fight when they don't believe you?" I asked, picking up the latest Daily Prophet. "According to Rita Skeeter, you're dangerous and Dumbledore is not to be trusted," I summarized.

"Cress, do you believe me?" Harry met my eyes, "Lucius Malfoy was there," he said in a lower voice. 

I hadn't allowed myself to think about that yet, but it was inevitable as well. Of course Lucius Malfoy came back for his precious Dark Lord. He was Voldemort's right hand man, one of the most loyal. I had told Draco our second year: Once a Death Eater, always a Death Eater.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

15.1K 475 59
To the outside world Isabelle Luvair had it all.. but to her, something was always missing. She hoped to fill the ever looming void, when her overpro...
504K 8.9K 72
[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ✓] 『❝𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞,❞ 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦. ❝𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲�...
12.7K 139 7
There were numerous affluent families in the wizarding world, and the Malfoys were among them. Despite their desire for a sole heir, they welcomed a...
28.9K 529 61
Haley Snape finally gets to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry although against her so called "fathers" wishes. But the two will do an...