Misunderstood

By ShadowAngel56

For a long time, Danger Duck has always been under Ace's shadow. Doing everything he can to prove to the othe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue

Chapter 6

421 16 3
By ShadowAngel56

Meanwhile, back in the city of Acmetropolis, The Loonatics arrive to the location of the distress call and sees that it was a familiar villain from before.

"Oh no not this guy again." Ace groaned while pinching his nose in irritation.

"ha ha ha. Did ya miss me?" Dr. Dare asked with a sly grin as he pulls out his retractable weapons.

"I hardly doubt it. But I do have a sneaky suspicion that you are one of Pinkster Pig's friends he mentioned earlier when he.....took our friend." Ace lied a little, he still didn't want to think that Duck purposely crossed over to join with Pinkster Pig and his set of goons. 

He was a good person and he had his reasons, including getting away from people like him who seemed to have made his life harder.

Why else would he volunteer to work with his archenemy if he didn't have anywhere else to go to which frankly, Ace was the blame for all of it.

"Oh is that what you think? Well I guess you'll just have to see then when I'm through with you. That is of course, if you are able to survive my latest technology." Dr. Dare said devilishly and prepares a strike on the team with his power fueled weaponry.

"Ha! Technology is our specialty. Tech! Use your toys." Ace ordered. 

"They are not toys, they're highly expandable weapons that can used to..." Tech tries to explain in a geeky fashion until he was interrupted.

"Whatever! J...just fire already!" Ace yelled out to him while Dr. Dare accumulates his magnetic rock forces, large enough to

Tech then, on time, grabs his laser gun and fires it on target with the rocks.

The massive explosion between the rocks and the laser beams was enough to knock out both sides.

To which much frustrated, both parties were able to quickly pick themselves back up as each side strikes one other with powers until Lexi's highly concentrated 'psi-ball' brain blast was able to finally take down Dr. Dare in a success for him to stay put for questioning.

"Now since you can see that we were able to stop you. Aren't ya going to tell us where we can find our friend?" Rev asked proudly.

"Why would I tell ya? You're nothing but filthy rats. What's in it for me?" Dr. Dare asks while standing up and brushing the dirt off himself.

"Hmm, let me think, you get less sentence time in jail and we won't chase after you so often. Unless, you misbehave yourself and tear up the city again. Then we'll have to reconsider that option." Lexi explained in a fake sweet tone.

"And if I don't?" Dr. Dare asked, sarcastically.

"Let's just say, we know how to put you back in your box." Lexi added as Tech showed him the very weapon that was used to trap him in the beginning.

"Okay! Okay, fine. But I'm telling you, it ain't gonna be pretty once you hear it from me." Dr. Dare adds on in a warning as if he's stalling which made Ace very anger and impatient.

Then without a second thought, Ace, in a boiling rage grabs the villain by the collar of his shirt in a tight grip and shook the guy violently.

"We don't have time for this. Where is he?!" Ace yelled out furiously.

Dr. Dare, in a fright, complies to the question.

"H...he's in Planet Blanc. They're planning on attacking ya if I didn't finish the job first and then they'll soon start an attack to the royal palace. The guys want to take the Prince's jewel for themselves and rule the entire universe! They needed only one more ally before their mission will complete a...and that's it! That's all I know! Please don't hit my face!" Dr. Dare skittishly confessed.

Ace rolled his eyes at the guy's pathetic attempt of surrendering and threw him down on the ground.

"Get him out of here! And take him to the prison where he belongs." Ace ordered Rev, who nodded his head in agreement and took Dr. Dare in handcuffs since he was the only fast hero in the city who can get there quickly and come back.

While, Rev took care of that problem, Ace looked away from the others and sighed sadly.

Lexi walked up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Ace, you don't think....." Lexi was going to say until Ace abruptly interrupted her, knowing full well what she was going to say.

"No! I don't believe, not for one second, that Duck would have any involvement in this. He could never hurt anybody. Never! I'm a 100% convinced that Pinkster is setting a trap for him and if we don't get to them on time, the world would be at stake. We have to find him now, before it's too late." Ace said, in a upset tone.

"Hey guys I'm back what did I miss?" Rev asked once he zoomed back to them.

The others looked at him for a moment before they simply start walking back to The Tower.

"Okay, I guess it was a lot. Sorry I couldn't catch up to you, I got here as fast as I could." Rev said, guilty.

"We get it. You don't have to show off." Tech said, grumpy.

"Ohhhh! Like you don't show off your weapons. Hmm? I see how it is. Always trying to get the credit for who's the best. But you're not the best at everything. Like agility, speed, motivation, and..." Rev tried to tease until Tech cut him off.

"For the love of Neptune! Shut up!" Tech yelled out, irritated.

"...and patience. There I said it." Rev finished out satisfied, as if he was always trying to have the last word of their argument.

As the team back it back to their home base, they start gathering supplies and any equipment that they'll need for their trip to Planet Blanc.

Because it looks like that there is going to be a long battle ahead for them there.

————————————————————————

Meanwhile, Duck, who finally caught up with Pig in the cellar room, walked next to him and sat by him on the shelter bed.

"Hey. You doing okay?" Duck asked in concern.

"Oh yeah, never better. I'm just thinking that maybe all of this was a mistake. But I don't know....I guess I'll be as good of a failure as anything. I certainly don't have what it takes to help out others." Pig explained in a partial lie.

He is doubtful of his actions but those actions were never really intended to be for good use at first.

Duck, feeling bad for him, decided to get all of those emotions that had been eating him up inside for many years.

"I'm really am sorry about everything. Especially for that day. I should have never used that coin to bet for a future family . You deserve to be the one to get adopted, not me. It's all my fault that you've became a villain in the first place. If I hadn't lied about it, then you might have gotten these powers instead. Now, because of me, I've ruined our friendship." Duck said, sadly.

Pig looked over at him and sighed

He couldn't stay mad at him.

No matter how hard he had tried to convince himself, he was able to push away all of those bad thoughts about him.

"No I should be the one to say sorry. I...had so much hatred over the years. Plus, between the whole adoption thing and you being a hero and all....I...." Pinkster tried to explain until Duck all of a sudden, hugged him tightly.

"I get it and I don't blame you for ever hating me but, now that I'm here, I was hoping that maybe we can start over. You know, like back when we were close as kids." Duck offered as he released him from the hug.

Pinkster, surprised of it all, smiled genuinely and nodded his head.

"Sure I'd like that." Pinkster said as he thought about their conversation from way back earlier when he talked about the Loonatics and decided to question about it.

"Do you miss the others?" Pinkster asked him, curiously.

"Yeah, but to be honest, I don't want to go back home. I'd rather try to be myself when I'm not a distraction then to mess it up for them again. They don't need me anyways. I'll just be another bump on the log." Duck said, gloomily.

"...." Pinkster paused for a moment, now feeling sorry for him and tried to cheer him up.

"You know, you've got very good strong aura with your fire powers. Do you wanna see if we can test them out now?" Pinkster offered.

"Okay." Duck agreed in a chirpy tone as the two head back upstairs where they would meet with  Weather Vane and Professor Zane to set up upgrades for his skills.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 100 10
"Taking shots to keep me ready for this pain I'm sharin...✨" After senior year, Jace and some of his teammates head off to college at UCLA, still enj...
33.8K 851 15
Seventeen years old Sam Adams doesn't do well with people. He prefers staying home on the weekends and staying away from parties. He has only one fri...
37.7K 1K 28
"You're ours, Angel." "Say your mine, Lilac." "I would burn the world for you, Cutie." "You can't escape, Vita Mia." "If anyone touches you, I'll bre...
23.1K 141 11
The story is about a Warrior named James Robby who is the the cousin of Leonardo Morgan leader of The Warriors who are a superhero team. What happens...