something like love one last...

Від chaennieverse

Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, a successful music producer, singer, and DJ, thrives at the age of 28, reveling in the... Більше

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
The End
Epilogue
New Story

Chapter 12

3.2K 161 129
Від chaennieverse

"You've got to be kidding me!" Jennie smiles at the thought of Jisoo's partner, the latter looks at Joy who high-five her partner when the brunette sits on the sofa. She then looks at Chaeyoung who is shock to know that her wife is her partner.

"So red, Jennie's your partner, are you ready to lose?" Lisa asks her, she looks at Jennie who is smiling at her "Don't you worry my love; I'm the queen of charades! We're going to beat them!"

Hyeri and Irene look at each other, Chaeyoung, Lisa and Joy did the same; they know that the DJ doesn't know how to play any games, well except for the games on her phone.

"Okay so the teams are Aunt Irene-Hyeri, Aunt Seulgi-Lisa, Aunt Jisoo-Joy then my mommies. Do I have to explain the mechanics?"

The girls shook their heads including Jennie but she stops when she realizes she doesn't know how to play the said game "Ah I think you still need to explain the mechanics baby. Some of them don't know how to play it."

"Some of them? You're the only one who doesn't have any idea, Jennie." Irene says "How come you say you're the queen of charades?" Chaeyoung asks her.

"Oh yes, she is the queen, queen of the loser." Jennie glares at Lisa as Seulgi laughs but stops when the smaller brunette looks at her too.

"Okay if there's no more question, can we start the game?" the girls nods their heads at the little girl standing in the center. Ella goes to the side and took the other box "So who's going first?" Jennie was about to raise her hand when Chaeyoung stops her.

"Any volunteers?" Ella asks once more then Hyeri stands up "Since no one wants to go first, we'll volunteer, is that okay with you Rene?"

"Sure, you'll act, I'll guess?" the brunette nods her head, walks towards Ella and places her hand inside the box "Oh before I forgot our category is about 21st century movie. You can tell the genre written on top of the title to give your partner a clue."

Hyeri smiles at the little brunette and unfolds a piece of paper she's holding. A big grin on her face starts to show while reading what's written on it "Musical and Comedy" she says then looks at Irene.

"Okay ladies, timer starts now!" Ella shouted. Hyeri held up two fingers telling Irene that it has two words, the blonde nods her head then her partner points at her index finger to tell Irene that she's going to act the first word.

"Okay first word." Irene waits for her partner to move, Hyeri stands straight and places her right hand on her hips and starts to dance while her left hand is holding an imaginary mic.

"I know that one! I know that one!" Seulgi excitedly says, if ever Irene won't get the correct answer, one of the other teams can steal it. Irene furrows her eyebrows as Hyeri continues to show her the dance moves.

"That looks familiar." she said "You only have 30 seconds to guess!" Ella shouted.

"Pitch Perfect!" Irene answered, Hyeri squeals and run towards her partner and pulls her into a hug "You're awesome!" she said.

"Nah, you seem to know the whole step of I saw the sign and it's one of my favorite movies!" Irene answered "Okay who’s next?" Ella asks.

As for Chaeyoung and Jennie, the redhead gives a thumbs up to her best friend and Irene, she knows that the brunette is good at guessing games. She looks at Jennie who seems oblivious to what's going on and she starts to get nervous.

"Okay Aunt SeuLis, time to beat is 25 seconds." Ella informed them "Oh piece of cake! I can do this by milliseconds!" Lisa answered. Seulgi did the same, places her hand in the box and read what's written on it "Survival Thriller." She said.

"Bring it on! We're going to take the crown from you bitches." Chaeyoung clears her throats and points her finger at Ella letting Lisa know that there's a minor with them "Oh my bad red, what I mean is twigs!"

Ella laughs and reset her timer "Okay, timer starts now!" Seulgi held up two fingers also then places both of her hands on her head clasp together forming a triangle.

(A/N: like a dorsal fin)

Chaeyoung smiles because she knows this is going to be hard but then she's shock when Lisa speaks "The Shallows!" Ella stops the timer and looks at Irene and Hyeri. Lisa guesses the title way too fast and that didn't go unnoticed to Chaeyoung who feels that something's not right on their game.

"How did you do that?" Chaeyoung asks the girl "Do what?"

"You guess the title and all Seulgi does is to place her hands on her head. There are a lot of shark movies in the 21st century Lisa."

She looks at the girls to ask for their help but none of them speak up "Well I got killer instinct like a shark so I know that's the right answer." Chaeyoung furrows her eyebrows, confused on Lisa's answer but didn't say anything.

"Okay to be fair, you can disqualify us. Is that okay with you Seul?"

"Fair enough, we can win some other time." Seulgi answers and sits on Lisa's side. Jisoo stands up before Ella can call her and places her hand inside the box. On the other hand, Jennie is watching Jisoo's every move and how Chaeyoung is smiling looking at her.

"Supernatural horror." She simply said and Jennie saw how she scratches her head.

Hah! I bet I'm better than her! Poor Joy!

She grins evilly while watching Jisoo standing at the center looking nervous "You girls ready?" Ella asks, Jisoo nods her head and Joy gives her thumbs up "Time to beat is still 25 seconds. Timer starts now!"

Jisoo just stand there for quite some time while the timer is running, losing 20 seconds for nothing so Joy furrows her eyebrows, Jennie still grinning evilly and doing a happy dance inside her head but then Jisoo looks at her then points a finger at the brunette sitting next to Chaeyoung. The other girls' looks at each other thinking what could be the movie Joy is guessing that sounded like Jennie.

Jisoo's partner analyzes the way Jennie is smiling, grinning and looking at Jisoo "Annabelle!" Joy shouted, Jisoo jumps up and down with a big smile on her face. Among the girls, Lisa is the first one to laugh then the rest follows.

"That's my girl! Good job!" Chaeyoung says "But sad to say that we're going to beat you!" she added.

"Bring it on love." Jisoo answers which makes Jennie stands in front of Chaeyoung "Our turn." She said. The redhead nods her head but they can still hear Lisa, Irene and Hyeri laughing. The DJ looks at the three.

"What's so funny?" she asks "Oh please don't tell me she doesn't know who Annabelle is!" Hyeri asked the two.

"Well, you do know that she's not a movie person, right? So, she doesn't have any clue about it." Irene answers "Because if she does, Jisoo's probably dead by now."

"Why? Who's Annabelle?" Jennie asks them again "It's one of the box office hits in this century Jen. Here let me show you what she looks like." Lisa fishes out her phone and searches for pictures on the internet. After a few seconds, she hands over her phone to Jennie.

"That's Annabelle! A demonic doll!" and the blonde girl start to laugh again. Jennie gritted her teeth but, in the end, she decided to just look at Jisoo and raise an eyebrow. Chaeyoung pulls her but before the redhead can say something, Jennie speaks first.

"You'll act, I'll guess." She said, Chaeyoung is being hesitant, she wants to guess and let Jennie act "Are you sure? You don't want to do this the other way around?"

"No, I need you to trust me and don't listen to them saying I'm not good. I'll tell you; we'll win this." Chaeyoung knows she must trust her wife so she nods her head and walks to where their daughter is.

"Good luck mom!" Ella says and Chaeyoung smiles at her. She unfolds the paper and her eyebrows furrows.

Oh, this is going to be hard

She places the paper in her pocket then look at Jennie who is smiling at her then to the girls who are giving her a pitiful look, like they are saying that Jennie won't guess it.

She will! I know she can do this!

"You ready mom?" Ella asks her. Little did Jennie and Chaeyoung knows that the game is manipulated by their daughter. While they are watching movies last night, she made a phone call to her Aunt Hyeri and Aunt Lisa to make a plan. They didn't include Jennie and Chaeyoung's names on the list so no one among them can be their partners.

"Yes baby and oh it's sci-fi." Chaeyoung answers looking at Jennie "Timer starts now!" the second thing is, the rest of the girls are the ones who picks the movies. They planned to act like they are thinking even though they already know the answer that's why no one reacted when Chaeyoung questioned the way Lisa guess the title. They didn't pick anything inside the box that only contains ten papers with the same titles. Ella already gave them their paper before their dinner starts.

Chaeyoung held up three fingers and points at her baby finger "Missing finger!" Jennie says.

'What on earth is she saying?' Joy whispered to Jisoo 'I don't know, she's your friend.' The brunette answered. Chaeyoung points it again "I lost one finger!"

"Damn it Jennie! It means that she'll act the third word on the title!" Irene says "Oh! My bad!" Chaeyoung shook her head but she needs to focus so they won't be the loser.

She draws an imaginary shape in the air "Circle?" Jennie says but Chaeyoung shook her head.

"Invisible circle!" still it's not right; Chaeyoung draws it again "Big circle!" Lisa laughs but stops when a pillow hits her face. The DJ thinks for a while then she says "Hole?" Chaeyoung smiles and nods her head.

She then points at her ring finger, meaning second word. She looks around but she can't find anything then she notices the color of her upper cloth and Jennie's t-shirt. She points at Jennie's shirt first; the brunette looks down.

"A hole in my stomach!" she shouted 'I know she doesn't like to watch movies because it's predictable but I can't believe that she's stu---clueless!' Hyeri whispered to Irene who just laughs at her.

Chaeyoung shook her head and keeps on pointing at Jennie's shirt "Oh I know it!" Jennie said.

"My hole!" the girls burst out laughing on what she said and also when one of Chaeyoung's slippers hits her head "Hey woman! Don't be brutal!" Jennie said.

Chaeyoung then changes her tactics and sees the color of the carpet in Jennie's living room; she points at it and then draws again "Your hole?" Jennie asked.

"God damn it Jennie!!" Chaeyoung shouted "What?! Oh wait, is it OUR HOLE?!" Lisa and Joy fell on the sofa as they keep on laughing at their friend but Jennie is ignoring them, she's too focused on guessing the title. Chaeyoung on the other hand is losing hope that they will win. She keeps on pointing at the hole she drew in the air while stomping her foot on the carpet.

"Holes having sex?!" Jennie asks again and this time Ella shook her head and sits on the table "Time's up." She said. Chaeyoung walks over to Jennie and stands in front of the brunette who is smiling sheepishly at her "Your hole?! My hole?! Our hole?! Holes having se--- arrrgghhh!"

"Hey don't blame me that we lost. You don' know how to act, you keep on pointing down at me and on your body." Jennie said "I'm not pointing at your body or my body; I'm pointing at your shirt because the word you're guessing is BLACK!!"

Jennie furrows her eyebrows and looks at Chaeyoung "So it's black hole."

"It's the Black Hole." Chaeyoung answers and slump her body on the sofa. Ella smiles from ear to ear that their plan worked "So the winner of this game is Aunt Irene and Hyeri team!" the girls clap their hands including Jennie and Chaeyoung.

Hyeri and Irene high-five each other and looks at the loser "We're going to tell you later the consequence of losing and I do hope that you'll do it Chaeyoung." Hyeri said.

After the game, the girls made some conversation about what happened to their weekend. Jennie excuses herself and get some beer on the fridge. She returns to the girls and places the bottle on the table. She then looks at Chaeyoung while Ella is sleeping on her lap. She smiles and was about to sit down when she saw Hyeri goes to the terrace.

She whispered to Chaeyoung that she needs to talk to Hyeri and the redhead nods her head. The brunette went out of the terrace too and Hyeri knows that Jennie will follow her there. When she sees the small brunette standing beside her, she gives her a smile.

"So, what can you say about your daughter?" Hyeri asks her while looking at some bright lights on the other buildings near their place "A very lovable and smart little monster." The brunette laughs and took a sip from her bottle.

"Uhm Hyeri?" Jennie called her.

"Yeah?"

"I know I hurt your best friend in the past and there's no way you'll forgive me for what I did but I just want to apologize to you." The brunette said. Hyeri sighs and looks at her, yes, she did bring Ella here in LA to meet her but she's still a bit mad about Jennie.

"I broke my promise to you and especially to her." Jennie added

"You do know that I wanted to kill you and burn your body right after." She turns around and leans her back on the railing and looks at her friend.

"Why'd you do that Jen? You broke her heart that day while all she can think about is how to make you happy." Jennie took a sip from her bottle and looks at it "I know I'm stupid for doing that but to tell you honestly, I did look for her." Jennie said as she recalls the day she broke the heart of Park Chaeyoung.

*****FLASHBACK *****

Jennie slowly turn the knob on the door and pushes the door gently. It's already 11:30 in the evening and as she enters, she notices the food on the table. She looks at her phone and saw the date.

Fuck it!

She drops her bag on the floor and walks towards the table. Chaeyoung cooked all her favourite food and make an effort so they can have a decent dinner. She sighs then looks at the sofa, she saw her redhead sleeping on it.

She walks slowly while not removing her eyes on Chaeyoung's face.

I'm sorry if I had to do this but--- I'm sorry.

She kneels in front of her and stares at her wife. She wanted to hold her but afraid that she'll wake her up and if she did, it'll be hard for Jennie to leave her.

The thing is, their marriage is on the rocks for the past months. The first four months are the best days of their lives but it deteriorates. Chaeyoung didn't know that Jennie stops pursuing her college degree because she needs to work full time at the studio. The two left their dorms to live with each other.

At first Jennie doesn't want Chaeyoung to work because taking up medicine is not that easy but the redhead insists that the brunette needs help for paying their rent and bills plus the food and supplies they need every month.

She agreed but later on noticed the effect on Chaeyoung's study so she talked to her and told her to quit her job. Chaeyoung didn't quit but promised Jennie that this time, it won't affect her studies. Though both of them are struggling, Chaeyoung is the one who always lift up the brunette when she feels down.

But still, it didn't help a lot. They were fighting for almost every day, big or small things. Jennie always came home late and were hiding secrets from the redhead. The latter didn't say anything and respect Jennie's privacy until the day the brunette starts accusing her of things she didn't do. For Jennie, this is the only way she knows that Chaeyoung would hate her but in the end, she hated seeing the redhead getting hurt by her words.

A single tear escapes her eye 'This is not the kind of life I want to give you love. I failed you.' She whispered. She stands up before Chaeyoung can hear her crying and places the letter on the table near the sofa. She goes to their room and packs her things. She needs to leave the house before the redhead wakes up.

She shoves everything she finds in her luggage but stops when she saw their wedding picture on the cabinet. She walks towards it and take the picture frame. She smiles at the thought of Chaeyoung sharing her last name as her tears fall freely. She takes the picture frame and places it inside her luggage and quickly went out of the room only to find Chaeyoung sitting on the sofa reading the letter.

"Chae..." Jennie says, the redhead looks at her and she sees tears in her eyes "W-what's the meaning of this Jennie?" she asks.

Jennie opens her mouth but no words came out. She wanted to tell her personally that she's giving back her freedom but she felt a lump on her throat. She hates seeing Chaeyoung like this and now all she wanted to do is to run towards her redhead and tell her how much she loves her but she stops herself from doing that. She saw Chaeyoung looking at the luggage she's holding.

"Why are you leaving me love? Did I do something wrong?" Chaeyoung asks her and walks towards her "Please don't come near me Chaeyoung." Jennie said though she doesn't want to say it but she has to.

"I already said on the letter why and I think this is the best for both of us." But Chaeyoung being Chaeyoung, she runs towards Jennie and hugs her "Don't leave me Jen please. We can work this out." Jennie's tears start to fall but she quickly wipes it away.

"I can have double work during my free time, please baby." Jennie shook her head, if she really wants to do this, she must act strong and doesn't care about her anymore. She gently pushes Chaeyoung off her "I'm tired, this is not the life I wanted."

"Jennie---"

"I needed to be alone for a while, to think Chaeyoung and you do the same." she walk pass by her but Chaeyoung stops her "I don't need to think. Jennie can't you see? You're my other half, you complete me and I don't need somebody else in my life!"

Jennie didn't look back at her or look at the hand on her arm stopping her from walking away "We can work this out and if you want, I can give up my studies to work." Jennie's heart breaks into million pieces. Chaeyoung should have been mad at her for deciding things on her own but all she can hear at the redhead is how much she loves her.

"I love you Jen. I love you with all my heart and soul." Chaeyoung said in between tears "I-I'm not in love with you anymore." Jennie answers.

"I'm already in love with someone else." The brunette feels the hand on her arm starts to lose "Please d-don't say that." Chaeyoung answers.

"I have to go; she's waiting for me outside. I'll just contact you once the divorce papers are done." Jennie starts to walk and hope that Chaeyoung won't stop but she knows Chaeyoung won't give up just like that. She felt Chaeyoung's body hugging her from behind.

"Please don't leave me love, please. I'll do anything you want just please don't leave me." Jennie tightens her grip on the luggage she's holding or else she'll breakdown and cry "All I want for you to do is to let me go." She said but Chaeyoung didn't.

The brunette removes Chaeyoung's hands wrapping around her body and walks away "Jennie please. I need you." She hears Chaeyoung says but she's not stopping or looking back "We need you." Chaeyoung says once more but ignores it, opens the door and walk out of Chaeyoung's life.

Tears starts to fall freely as she opens the door of the cab, she looks back at their house and wanted to run back but someone stopped her "It's for your own good. You can find her and win her back in the future, for now, let's make your dreams come true."

Jennie looks at the girl and nods her head; she went inside the cab and closes the door. The girl told the driver they are ready to go while the brunette is still looking at their house.

I'm sorry Chaeyoung, I really am.

She cries silently as the cab starts to move. She knows that time; she's the cruelest person in the world for breaking her wife's heart into million pieces on their first wedding anniversary. As the cab gains speed, Jennie looks at their house for one last time and saw Chaeyoung running towards the vehicle.

'Chae...' Jennie whispered, she's looking back and even though that the windows are closed, she knows that the redhead is shouting her name.

Is this really what I want? I give up Chaeyoung just to have a career?

Jennie felt the cab going slow and she looks at the driver who is looking at her too, she was about to say to him to stop but the girl beside her orders the driver to hurry because they need to be at the restaurant in an hour.

The brunette looks back once more only to find Chaeyoung on the ground crying while looking at the cab, Jennie cries hard and didn't remove her eyes on her but the cab turns right and that's the last time she saw her wife.

*****END OF FLASHBACK*****

Hyeri looks at her friend who is wiping her tears away "What happened to the girl and the divorce papers?" she asks.

"I don't have any plans on divorcing her; I only said that so she'll hate me." Jennie answers "You know Chaeyoung won't hate you even if you broke her heart."

"That's why I'm asking myself, do I really deserve someone like her?"

"What do you think Jendeuk?" the smaller brunette thinks for a while then shook her head.

"Don't think that way, whatever happened to both of you is in the past now. Why don't you talk to her and explain everything."

"What do you mean?" Jennie asks "I know someone is manipulating you that time. Maybe she promised you a better life or what, am I right?"

Jennie nods her head "But still it's my fault that I believed her." She sighs and the two girls went silent for a while "Do you still love Chaeyoung, Jen?"

"It didn't change Hyeri-ah and I'm falling in love with her more." Jennie answers while staring at Chaeyoung laughing on what Jisoo is telling her "Then make things right again."

"Do you think I still have a chance?" Hyeri didn't answer her and just look at her friend.

Should I tell her?

"Because I'll do anything and everything to win her back." Jennie added "Then do it! You only have a few months to change her mind." Hyeri starts to walk away when Jennie runs after her.

"What do you mean by changing her mind on what?" Hyeri gives her a small smile and looks at their friend.

"Changing her mind on marrying Jisoo." She answered.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1.5K 70 14
One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, f-" "Why do you always stop at four?" "I...
Ice cream Від Ace

Фанфіки

72.7K 1.7K 53
Lisa is a 22 years old college student at KM university. Finishing up her fourth year in college and persuing her photography dreams.She lives alone...
102K 3.2K 33
Rosé's quiet high school life gets turned around when her single father remarries, to a 30-year-old woman named Jennie Kim. Rosé doesn't like her ne...
149K 4.9K 32
it's almost two years later and jennie kim has made a name for herself in south korea. she's one of the biggest soloists, signed to YG entertainment...