Macanese

By The_Autistic_Goddess

"It's not like you have to save the world." That's what mum told me after dad died. Now I wish someone could... More

Prologue
The Cornwall tree
Midnight murder
Time of Revenge
What to do
Funny Bus Journeys
First Day of Camp
The Dare
Off I go
I'm Alive
How Am I Alive
Reactions
I'm Boarding!
Ever heard of Triton
Proof Of Murder
Ready To Die
Who to trust
The Helpful Stranger
Police trouble
Middle of Nowhere
I'm no different
Hello Triton
Awakening
Back to my family
AshĂȘanna's Truth
Andrews Plan
My Next Task
Taking it all
Goodbye, Andrew
Epilogue

A trip to the V & A

8 1 0
By The_Autistic_Goddess

I had gone to an abandoned and dark playground in the middle of the city, busy all around it but alone in the park itself, the opposite of what I am used to. I had to keep on looking out for people who might want to use it, not that they would probably ever want to, it was dark and horrible, the swing set rusted and beyond usable yet still in the best condition than the rest of the park. And to top it all off there is a new one not that far from here, that is in pristine condition and wanting to be used and ready for the little kiddies and anyone else that might use it. I am sitting down on the rusty swing thinking about where Andrew could be. I don't have a lot of information and he was very cryptic on the phone call, but I do know someone who can help me. John and Stew, the two terrible henchmen that came to mock and taunt me at the hospital.

I knew their cell phone number so I could track them, but did I really need to? Do I really need to invade privacy like that, even if it is for the greater good? Isn't there another way I could get the information that I need? Couldn't I just use his phone or would that give me away. No. That would give me away. I should just track him but that will definitely give me away as I would be meeting him in person but if I met him then I could be tracked. I also need to know the information is uncryptic, easy to read and easy to follow so I can get everything done quicker. I have already lost lots of valuable time.

It didn't take me long to find out where he was, but it was odd. Where he was odd. Why would he be there? I thought that they were on my side. They were so convincing. I knew that she was but the others. I cannot believe that they betrayed me. The two words that were in front of my eyes hurt like hell not physically, I could handle that, I have always managed to, but emotionally, and that is something I would never be able to handle, something almost no one would be able to handle. I cannot believe it. I should have done it when I had the chance. Because now the two words that I used to trust the most were the two words that I trusted the least. The two words I had always recognised as safe and kind.

The two words that I had always loved. This is what the screen said:

Device owner: Jonathan Davidson Miles
Device model: iPhone 6S
Device name: BigJ
Device location: Cornwall Manor, Highlands, Scotland

Cornwall Manor, my home, my place of sanctuary. The place that made me feel safe even after what had happened when I was younger. I couldn't believe the results, this had to be a trick, there is no way that this was true. I tried it again to make sure that it wasn't a flaw and sadly it wasn't. He really was at my house, my family had well and truly betrayed me, their god, their daughter, the person that has helped all they can, that has always been there for them, me, that would die for them, and they betrayed me. So, he is out of the question, I don't want to go to my family, they will find a way to slow me down. What about stew? Where is he at? He should be able to help me, but he wasn't that nice. I should still try him though. So, I tracked his phone, and this is the results that I got:

Device owner: Stewart Richard Johnston
Device model: Hawaii 6 pro
Device name: Rich_Stew
Device location: V & A, Dundee, Scotland

The V&A is a very public place so that is very smart for him to go to. Going there so there is a smaller chance of getting attacked by someone looking for answers about Andrew, someone like me, but him being in a public place won't stop me. I always end up getting what I want and no one can stop me. Doesn't matter where he is, doesn't matter what he has, doesn't matter what weapons to defend he has, I will always get him and my answers. So now that I know where one of them is I can go and get him. He is going to have a terrible day but I'm not. My day is going to be very good indeed. I laugh at myself before running to the train station to get a train to Dundee. The V&A is only next door. This is going to be too easy.

I put on some bagger clothes and walk towards the train station clutching my purse that is currently in my pocket. I keep my head down as I walk through and go to the ticket booth. I don't raise my head the whole time as the cashier gives me my ticket and I walk away. I quickly looked up at the time. My train leaves in 20 minutes. I sit down on one of the benches and bring out a sandwich and a bottle of Coke-Cola. I hear some footsteps come towards me and before they can sit down, I place my hand out to stop them. I don't look at them as I begin to speak in a made up voice for me.

"I have a thing for sitting by myself. So, if you can kindly sit somewhere else, I will be very happy. I can tell that they are laughing.

"I was coming to sit with you. I was wondering if you are on the train to Dundee and if you are if you need any help getting on or carrying your bags." They could tell that I was confused about why they said that. "If you are wondering, I am a girl guide and I am trying to get my helping badge." I stood up and placed my bag on my shoulder, I was smiling on the inside, I remember being in the Brownies when I was much younger, and didn't continue.

"That is very nice of you but for reasons that have nothing to do with you or the girl guides I have lost trust in everyone but thank you all the same. Also, her over there." I point to one of the other benches. "She is going on the next train and if I am not mistaken, I think that she might need help more than I do." Well I don't want me to be the reason that she doesn't get her badge, now do I?

"Why have you lost trust in everyone? I mean something bad must have happened for you to say that." They asked in a nice and soft voice. I hear the announcer say that my train is arriving into the station and I stand up and head to the platform, looking forward and not breaking contact with the wall.

"Every person that I have trusted has tried to or help try to end my life. Normally ends up with me in hospital and then escapes from the hand of the police." They look shocked and I climb onto my train and look out of the window as I leave the station, waving at the nice Girl Guide. During the whole journey I think about how I am going to confront Stewart and get the information that I need. I mean I don't want to attract too much attention.

I had just finished up my plan when the announcer said that we had arrived at Dundee, so that was very convenient. I quickly leave the train and run outside. It is very dirty yet at the same time quite clean, not that I know why. I look ahead and see the V&A standing there beside the discovery centre. Like two ships ready to set sail. It is quite unbelievable and yet understandable and a feat of engineering. I walk up to the entrance and look up in awe at what they were able to do. The building is quite abstract and yet very modern. It is a mixture of everything, and it is done amazingly. I run my hands down its side and smile. This is still one of the best places to be. I walk in and look around.

The café is quite busy with people chatting and eating. Some admire the interior of the building which is just as amazing as the outside. I walk up to the shop and look at what they have. This month's theme is Landscape and Language. I walk up the stairs while also looking out of the window at the magnificent view. I really don't want to fight him here. I would hate to ruin this amazing building. As I walk up to the landing, I get many stares because of my weird eyes and the fact that they are inhuman and red, but no one asks any questions as I walk towards the special exhibition. I open the door and I am about to walk in when I see Stewart walk out of another door.

I run over to him and grab his arm and pull him near me and force him to look up at me, forcing him to stay in my bright and deadly eyes. His hair is messy and dark, falling all over his small face. His eyes are green, and his skin is fairly pale like a ghost, but has a slight bit of life in it, but not much. He looks a lot like a vampire. Most people flinched at the look of his face, thinking he might kill them, but not me. I have grown used to unusual things, me being one of those unusual things. He darts his eyes around the building, seeing if someone will help him, and he is honest to god scared. He doesn't want anything to do with me. He knows what I am capable of.

"Stewart. I need to talk to you in private about something." I whisper at him. He quivers at me and gulps but nods saying that he will. I let him go and he backs away slightly before following me outside where surprisingly no one is on this beautiful day. "Do you know who I am?" I ask him nicely. He straightens up slightly and looks at me and then at the discovery center across the street.

"You... you... your Atchaco Cornwall." He mumbles looking back at me. "John warned me that you might try and find me for information which I am never going to give, I know of your powers, and I know how to block them."

"You are the worst henchmen in the world. If Andrew finds out, then you will be fired and knowing him being fired means being killed, because just like me that's what we do when we can't trust someone anymore, when we think that they will get in our way of saving the world." Stew shakes his body and steps away from me and places his hands on the banister. He mumbles and quivers. His nails are digging into the cold metal that is the banister. He is scared and understands but also doesn't and I realise this. "Andrew never knew that you came to me, did he, you both came of your own accord because you thought you were smart. Clearly unaware of the consequences me or Andrew might bring towards you." He gulps and presses harder on the banister.

"O... o... opps. I am... dead." I nod at him. "N... n...n... now what... t... t do you... you want?"

"I want to know where Andrew is?" I glaring at him. "And if you don't want to die, I would recommend telling you everything I want to know. I won't hesitate to make you fall from this height, I can make it look like an accident too so don't push me."

"I... I... I have promised ta... t... to keep and... and... Andrews' location is a... a... secret." Stew gulped as I brought him closer to my face. He looked like he was going to scream but by the time someone comes he will be dead, and by the near silent squeak he lets out, even he knows it.

"If you scream, I will drop you. If you hurt me, I will drop you. If you threaten me, I will drop you. If you don't tell me what I want to know, I will drop you. Do you understand that." He slowly nodded. "Good, now tell me where Andrew is hiding. I need to speak with him." I push him against the edge and drag his body upwards so that he hangs off the edge.

"I... I... I do not know which house he is at, but I do know where each of the houses are and if you want, I can give you his phone number." I look at him. "S... s... s... so you can track him." I smile and place him back on the ground. He leans over to my ear and tells me where his safe houses are. Then he hands me his phone number. I look at it and say thank you before turning to leave. I see Stew walking towards the door, and I stick my foot out to trip him up and hurt him a little bit but to my surprise and my dismay he falls backwards and over the edge.

I run over to him and he is grasping on for dear life. His hands are slipping on the smooth metal. I kneel down and grasp one of his hands and start to pull him up, but my hand slips a bit as I start to feel scared. I hate PTSD. He was going to die the same way I nearly did, apart from the fact he was going to be falling off a building rather than a cliff. I don't know which one is worse and I don't want to find out. I gritted my teeth as I got hold of his hand again and started to walk backwards telling him to move his hand up the rails as I brought him up.

I suddenly started to feel lighter as I brought him up. I looked down to see why and I was surprised, my legs were no longer touching the ground, they were levitating, now I knew I could fly, but levaitating was different. Okay that is a new one and at this point a helpful one, maybe Triton knows what he is doing. I levitate upwards and flow down and place Stew on the ground who catches his breath. Once he has, he hugs me which catches me by surprise. It was my fault that he almost died. I was the one that tripped him up. "Thank you. Thank you." Stew cries into my legs.

"Hey, it's okay. I've got you. I won't try that again. Now can you? So you want to tell me something." He nods at me. "Why do you help Andrew? I mean what has he ever done for you."

"He hasn't done anything for me. He just promised something. He just promised that if I stick with him then I will become important, that I will become somebody, that I will no longer be the nobody that I am, unnoticed by everyone. That I will get whatever I want. He promised. He said he won't go down on his word and that is all I need. I trust him."

"You cannot trust anyone in this world. No one is who they ever seem to be. They will always be hiding something."

"But I can trust Andrew." Stew says looking up at me. His eyes glinted in the sun. I nod and stand up. I look up into the skies and do not reply for a long time. I turn my head and look down before sighing.

"You can never trust Andrew. He will cause you nothing but harm. Trust me on that. I am a victim of all his harm. So, if you want to live then I request that you don't stick to his rule and follow mine." Stew walks up to me and takes my hand. He smiles before gripping my waist. "I'm 15, Stew and I have a boyfriend, sorry to burst your bubble but you can't take me."

"Then don't tell him. Also, I will follow your rule." I look down at him and smile. He laughs and buries his head into my chest, right beside my powercore. "You are really warm."

"Now that is a surprise. Maybe it knows that you are cold and heated me up." I grin at him.

"I'm confused by what you said. Why are you surprised that you are warm, aren't most people meant to be warm, we are warm blooded beings after all? Also, who is this person that you talk about?" I look down and shake my head before taking him off my body and walking away back to the train station. I turn my head and see Stew not that far behind. He runs up to me and tries to take my hand, but I stop him. He looks confused. "I thought we were meant to do this together." I look down at him.

"Doesn't mean we have to hold hands. I only did it mainly with adrenaline and to save your life. Come on. People don't hunt themselves and I think, o I know, that it is going to happen soon." Stew looks at me with a confused face.

"Know what?" He asks. "You are a very confusing person, do you know that?" He looks at me fascinated and curious, studying my movements and how similar my cybernetics and hydraulics were to a flesh and bone human body.

"I know that I am confused. Now come on, we don't have long. Also, I will explain everything on the way there. Now do you want to fly or train." He laughs and points at the train. I shrug my shoulders. That is a good idea and we both walk on, smiling, maybe life can get better, maybe baddies can get better, maybe people can get better, maybe I can learn from them instead of trying to teach them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 255 19
I've watched her for a long time... Ever since she was born and up until now.... I'm timeless and eternal but alone... My job is not the best but som...
120 16 8
I spent almost 10 years alone. Then three boys showed up, and helped ruin my life. Although, one is pretty cute. I spent most of those ten years sea...
1.3K 79 20
Sometimes all you gotta do is let someone explain to see the truth. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices just for others to keep living, that's why...
42.2K 2.3K 41
(Can be read as a stand-alone) She was my best friend, the love of my life. She was a beautiful soul, too perfect for this world and the people that...