Macanese

By The_Autistic_Goddess

"It's not like you have to save the world." That's what mum told me after dad died. Now I wish someone could... More

Prologue
The Cornwall tree
Midnight murder
Time of Revenge
What to do
Funny Bus Journeys
First Day of Camp
The Dare
Off I go
I'm Alive
How Am I Alive
Reactions
I'm Boarding!
Ever heard of Triton
Proof Of Murder
Ready To Die
Who to trust
The Helpful Stranger
Police trouble
Middle of Nowhere
I'm no different
Hello Triton
Awakening
Back to my family
A trip to the V & A
Andrews Plan
My Next Task
Taking it all
Goodbye, Andrew
Epilogue

Ashêanna's Truth

8 1 0
By The_Autistic_Goddess

I nod at Ashêanna and she gulps for she knows what's coming to her.

"You can say whatever you need to say. We won't hold a grudge against you if it is reasonable." Jemina says, taking my hand and stoking it before I yank it away. I need to remain calm while saying it, meaning I need people to not touch me, especially if I don't want to hurt anyone, give them more proof that I am dangerous, false proof.

"Mum, it's not about me. It's about Ashêanna. I have said it before, but you guys didn't believe me because I was angry and thought no one was on my side." They all looked confused at me. "You know. Before you guys had me restrained due to my anger and the fact that I wanted to kill everyone which was never true, like I already told you at the hospital I only did it the first time so that I would have to be worried about PC Pippins stopping me from doing what has to be done."

"Oh. Well speak and please tell us all. Then we can decide if it really is truthful or you are just trying to get her in trouble."

"It is all truthful, mother but let's just start." I take a deep breath before reciting my tale. "I was in my room at school. I don't know how long ago this actually happened but anyway. Now where was I? Ah, yes. So, I was in my room and I was showing Ashêanna, Riley, Arthur and I can't remember the other one some evidence of Arthur wanting to kill me. I was on the last document and it finished by saying: Now be careful as anyone can deceive you even those of you have never thought could. In this game you can't trust anyone, not even your family. Good luck because you will need it. Then Ashêanna I assume stabbed me with something and then I blacked out. When I woke up, I was unable to move my legs and there were two people standing in front of me. The room was dark so I only saw the outlines of their bodies so there could have been more. One stepped forward and I didn't know who they were, I mean I recognised them but didn't know who they were. Couldn't remember why they were important to me. They then bent down in front of my body and... and they told me who they were. They said that they were important to me because they were my twin. That their name was Asheanna Cornwall."

"Surely she was there to help you." She said to me, "What would make you think that she wasn't?" She looked generally worried about what was happening, but I could tell that deep down she knew what I was about to say, and that it was going to be true.

"If I tell you the rest of my story then you will see why I said what I said. So, can I continue?"

"Yes, of course you can."

"Thank you now. She had just told me who she was and because she said that she was my twin I thought I could trust her. So, I asked her if she knew why I couldn't move and if she was there to set me free. She said these words: Yes, I do know why you can't move your legs but no, I am not here to save you though. Oh, certainly not. I am here to watch you die. I jolted backwards in the chair as she strapped my hands down on the chair and went back into the darkness. Then another person came forward. It was Andrew and he was holding a knife. Said he was there to accomplish something his family never could. So, I asked him how because the knife wouldn't hurt me. He said that I would be meeting my dad soon enough. Then he stabbed me with the knife. I then internally put most of my power into my arm and when it was full, I broke free and punched him. Ended up breaking his nose but that seemed fair to me. Then I ran out of the room. The whole time Ashêanna didn't help me. It hurt me both emotionally and physically. Now do you see why I don't trust her. Now do you see why she is a mess." I walk over and pick her up. "Do you see?" I threw her onto the floor then picked her up again and dragged her further up the wall with my gun pointed at her chest. I could tell that she was scared, she should be. "She is helping him and therefore she could be communicating with him. Therefore, she could tell him about everything that is happening, and she could kill me. She is stopping me from saving the world and sadly that means I have to kill her, and just because she is my twin doesn't mean she gets special treatment or anything. I can't let anything or anyone jeopardize my mission and if any of you guys try to stop me then you too will die and join Ashêanna and PC Perkins in heaven, and maybe a really nice part after all you have been as kind as you can be I guess, I'll put in a nice word of course."

Ashêanna clawed at my arm, trying to break free of my grasp when all people should know that it's not possible, not with my full strength holding her against the wall. She was struggling and gasping for breath, and with every struggling breath got smaller and smaller my smile grew bigger and bigger. She wanted to live. I wanted her to die and for once I should be getting what I want. Just something in me didn't want her to do this. I closed my eyes and opened them when I heard the trigger go off. Instead of Ashêanna feeling pain from a gunshot it was me. My leg felt like it was on fire and about to fall off, which due to my powers was worrying. I clutched it to make sure that I didn't bleed out before limping to my room.

I sat down on my bed and placed my leg up onto the chair and put a towel under it to catch all the blood so it didn't stream onto the floor. I leaned forward and slowly brought out the bullet while trying to not scream, only slightly succeeding. I rolled my eyes and sighed when no one came running to my outburst, it's like they didn't just not believe me, they didn't even help me, there goes my mother's promise to always help her family. I then brought out a laser and sealed it up. I took it off the chair and stood up on it, doing some basic stretches before walking downstairs after I was satisfied that it would be okay.

When I walked or rather limped into the lounge Ashêanna was sitting there getting hugged and reassured by my family. When they saw me standing at the door, Lenzonia stood up, walked over and closed it in my face. Why would they do that? I was doing what was meant to be done. She was a bad person that could cause Andrew to. Take over the world so she had to die. I opened the door and saw Jemina going for her gun, but I sped over and stopped her.

"I am not the baddie here, mother." I spat at her. "Ashêanna is so why do you treat it like that it is the other you are. That I'm Ashêanna and she is me because let's just say that she will never be like me. She is too damn stubborn to be and the chances of me being like her are far too small to be true! So, if you shoot me again, I will make sure that it will be the last time." I take her gun off her and slowly walk backwards while pointing it at her. Then I ran out of the room. They don't believe me, so this is going to have to be something that I do by myself.

I go upstairs and collect most of my clothes and write a note to my parents to say what I am doing and why I am doing without them. This is what I wrote:

Dear My Loving Family

I am so sorry that I'm running away but you left me no choice. You didn't believe me when I said what Asheanna did and that means that I cannot trust you. I am going away from here and hunting down Andrew. I really do need to kill him even though you don't want me to. And for your sake please don't come looking for me. You won't like the end result any more than I will. I really am so sorry.

Signed with love from your little goddess

Atchaco C. Cornwall

I placed it on the table in the hall outside the lounge. Then I took one last look at my family before running outside and didn't look back. I felt the wind against my face as I jumped across the train tracks as I saw the train coming my way and fell across the other side of the fence with a bow at the passengers who just looked with open mouths.

I smiled at them and continued on my journey. My legs never get sore from all the running, which was a first for me but then again, my legs aren't what they used to be, none of me was and I am grateful for that, ever since the accident I always was. After a long time, I decided to get a little rest. Let my body have some down time before I continue. It was now dark anyway. How about a little sleep. Yeah that would be good. So, I laid back on a tree and closed my eyes to have a little nap.

I was awoken by the sound of my phone ringing. I didn't remember the setting and alarm, so I picked it up to see why it was annoying me. My mum was phoning me. Oh great. I just rolled my eyes and left it. Soon it stopped ringing but in no time at all it was ringing again. Again, I left it and it stopped. After about the 6th time I picked it up. By this time, I just wanted it to stop ringing.

"What the f*** do you want?!" I shout at the phone.

"Please watch your language, Atchaco. We just want to talk." Lenzonia said softly. So softly that I felt happy for them, not that I wanted to.

"Just get this over with so I can continue on my journey."

"Fine. We want to talk to you about what you did."

"There is nothing to talk about! I didn't do anything wrong. Asheanna was the one that nearly killed me and Jemina was the one that shot me. Nothing more than that." I was about to hang up but Lenzonia stopped me.

"We read your letter, Atchaco. What you said hurt us. We're only doing what we are doing because we care about you. Nothing more, nothing less."

"A bit too late for apologies now, isn't it and even if you did it still wouldn't stop me. It has to be done for this world to survive the way it always has been. Which is not by his rule. So goodbye."

"Please. We want to help you."

"You want to help me then why were you being nice to Ashêanna she was doing everything but helping me. Explain that to me." There was silence on the other end, I knew they weren't going to answer, they never were going to, they had no reason, they had no excuse, they believe I am the one in the wrong. "Yeah, I didn't think so."

"There is an answer to your question. Just not one we can say over the phone. One, it is such a long answer and we would be here for a while. Two, he could be tracking us and everything we are doing, me telling could make us more in trouble and more likely to get hurt than we already are. Please just come home and we can explain. We all want you too, Atchaco, we love you and would love it if you would just make up with us so we don't have to be in the bad books with each other, I know that you won't want that either.."

"Yeah, because what you want is greater than what I want. Now go and if you interfere with me again then I will make sure you will not like what is coming to you. Also about not been able to tell over the phone because he could be listening and/or tracking us, I know that is an excuse, I'm a sophisticated cybernetically enhanced superhuman, if he wanted to hack anything to get to me, he would hack my cybernetics, he has a big enough brain to at least give it a shot." I hang up my phone and place it back in my pocket. Giving myself a reminder to get myself a new one at a shop so that they can call me again and interfere with me again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 13 12
Ever sense I was four I've had great power. The older I get the stronger and harder it gets to control. I won't let what happened when I was ten happ...
62.7K 1.3K 30
They say love is poison but I live when I die for you everyday..
25K 589 11
You think that being an immortal is the best thing ever? It's not. Supernaturals have ruling system just as humans do; however, if the simplest of la...
1K 14 27
There were many bad things in this world. I was one of them. Don't be kind. Don't forgive. Don't let the real me show. I told myself. Stay away. Come...