Bois-Des-Esprits

By autumn_zea

"I can't sleep." I answered, embarrassedly while looking down and I heard his footstep approach me. He grasp... More

Author's note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapher Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Twelve

12.5K 457 119
By autumn_zea

The next morning when I woke up the spot next to me was cold and I frowned. I sat up in bed and stretched my arms before a smile overtook my face.

It was Christmas!

I slid out of bed and walked out of the room. When I closed the door behind me and looked up my breathing stopped.

Yesterday after we had finished making the cinnamon rolls and devouring them we decorated the house with the limited decorations we had but we had let the ornaments be since we didn't have a Christmas tree.

So then, why was there a decorated Christmas tree next to the fireplace?

I looked at Aster who was sitting on the couch with a grin and a laugh of disbelief bubbled out of me. He was wearing his red Santa sweater and a Santa hat was sitting on top of his hair.

He stood up and walked over to me, gently putting the other Santa hat over my head.

"Merry Christmas, darling." He said leaning down and pressing a small kiss on my forehead.

"Aster." I whispered as tears blurred my vision and my throat clogged up. "H-how did you-?"

"Are you crying?" Aster asked, alarmed and I let out a laugh that sounded more like a sob as I threw my arms around him.

"I-I don't even know what to say." I said, my voice muffled from my face being squished in his neck.

"You can tell me if you like it." Aster told me as he wrapped his arms around me and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"I love it. How did you even get the tree?" I asked pulling away but he kept his arms around me.

"I got it from the forest we're surrounded by." He chuckled as he moved my hair away from my face and cupped it.

"I woke up super early for you and you thank me by crying?" He said as he wiped the corner of my eyes with his thumb.

"These are happy tears." I sniffed and he smiled, moving his face closer to mine until his forehead was resting against mine.

"No one has ever done something as sweet for me as you've been doing for me since the moment I met you and I just I don't know how I'll ever be able to thank you." I told him looking into his eyes as they softened.

"You don't need to thank me Hyacinth. I feel really happy just being with you here, in this cabin. I thought I was going to spend my Christmas alone but then you came stumbling into my life and I couldn't ask for anything else." He confessed and I smiled widely at him.

"I'm really happy I'm spending it with you too." I told him.

"Go freshen up and wear your sweater and then we'll eat breakfast." He said and I nodded, getting out of his hold and walking over to the bathroom.

When I was done I went back to the room to get the sweater and change into it. When I slid it over my head I looked down at the large black sweats I was wearing and frowned.

I looked like an idiot.

I opened Aster's sock's drawer and started looking through it to find some appropriate socks that could replace the warmth of the sweatpants.

When I finally found big white socks that would hopefully come under my knees I took off the sweats and wore them. The sweater was really large so it came to a stop a bit above my knees and so there was only a bit of my legs that were showing.

I decided that I still looked like an idiot but it was definitely less worse than before.

I walked back out and towards the kitchen where Aster had set up the breakfast.

"We had waffles?!" I exclaimed and he laughed at the heartbroken look on my face.

"I was saving them for today." He said.

"All this time." I said with a shake of my head. "I could have been eating food from heaven and you kept it from me."

"Don't be so dramatic, darling. You're having them now aren't you?" He chuckled and I stuck my tongue at him.

I pushed myself on the stool making my sweater ride even higher on my thigh and when I looked up at Aster he was staring at my legs with wide eyes, just now noticing the lack of my pants.

"Aster?" I said and he immediately brought back his eyes to my face where I was teasingly grinning at him.

"Oh-um yes?" He asked.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" I asked with a raised brow and he cleared his throat. "Right."

He sat down and we started eating in silence and then when we were done he took our dishes to the sink and then he walked over to me.

"Stay here, and I'll be back okay?" He asked and I frowned in confusion but nodded my head nonetheless.

After a few minutes he came back with his hands behind his back and a nervous smile on his face.

"What're you hiding?" I asked.

"Shh." He hushed me.

"It's Christmas and the most important part of Christmas is giving gifts. Now clearly I couldn't have gone out and bought you anything but I still wanted to give you something." He said, his voice filled with nervousness.

He brought his hand in front of him and when I looked down my eyes widened at the gold necklace with a small Moon in his hands.

"Stella got this for me on my 20th birthday. She got me two because she didn't know which one I would prefer and I chose the silver one and I've been keeping the gold one with me for as long as I can remember." He said, taking his out from his shirt and I stared at it with awe.

"Aster- I couldn't possibly take this from you. Your sister gave it to you." I said as I stared at him.

"When she gave it to me she said it was because I was the moon to her stars. She said when she looked at me she saw hope, that in her eyes I was always shining bright like the moon." He told me, his voice growing hoarse as he took a deep breath and cleared his throat.

"And when I look at you, darling I feel the same way. You made my dark and empty sky shine with your light. You are my moon."  He said and my breath hitched as my heart started racing at his words.

20%

"So I want you to have this." He said, pushing my hair away from my neck and placing the necklace on it. He moved closer to me and reached behind my head to clasp it and I breathed in his comforting scent as I tried to process his words.

"Aster-thank you. I promise you I will treasure it." I told him, wrapping my arms around his waist while he was still clasping the necklace and he laughed as he hugged me back in the weird position.

"I wish I could give you something" I said with a small frown and he smiled.

"I don't need anything, your presence is enough." He said pulling away.

"Oh!" I suddenly exclaimed when I remembered the drawing I made for him a couple of days ago.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." I said as I jumped from my seat and ran to the room.

I got the small paper out and grinned at it. When I drew it I wasn't sure if I should give it to him since I didn't want to make him uncomfortable but now I was sure he would like it.

When I walked back to go to the kitchen, Aster was walking out and I bumped into him.

"Oh shit." He said, grabbing my shoulders and steadying me before he looked down at the small paper.

"What's this?" He asked as he grabbed it.

"I made it super small so you can fit it in your wallet." I said nervously and when I looked up at him he had an unreadable expression on his face.

"Aster?" I asked nervously.

"You-when did you draw this?" He asked when he looked at me.

"Just-just a couple of days ago. I was looking at the picture and I thought that maybe you'd want to have it with you all the time. It doesn't have colours but I tried to make it as detailed as possible." I told him as I took a small step back but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer.

He put the drawing that was a copy of the picture of him and Stella in his pocket and held both of my hands. "I love it."

"Really?" I asked and he nodded, making me smile in relief.

He pulled me closer until we were pressed together and he swayed us in a hug. Suddenly I felt him freeze and when I pulled away I saw him looking up with wide eyes.

I followed his gaze and my expression mimicked his.

The memory of him hanging the mistletoe yesterday flashed in my head and heat crawled to my face when he looked back down at me.

Is he...?

I felt excitement rise to me at the thought and God, I really wanted him to do it.

But I didn't have time to contemplate more because Aster grabbed my face and moved closer until his forehead was touching mine and our nose were pressed together.

Our breaths mingled together as he waited for me to do something and when I slowly moved my hand to cover his cheek, his light stubble scraping the palm of my hand, he got the consent he was looking for and he leaned down, pressing his lips against mine.

The only thought left in my mind was 3%.

Hello!

Thoughts?

Did you expect that? 👀

-till next time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

793 49 19
I could feel his whiskey eyes on me. Felt him stabbing me with his staring. "Can you stop?" I finally pointed it out after being too.. nervous? "St...
412 65 12
[This story is for mature audiences] [16+] "You fucking piss me off." His lips are inches away from mine and those hazel eyes burn into mine sending...
262K 10.7K 25
"I knew if I wanted a relationship, I should find someone else. But I didn't want anyone else and I still don't." I managed to take his arm from arou...
94.3K 1.5K 15
#1 hiccupxreader Warning: LEMON, also, following this story will put you in major FEELS! I didn't change Hiccup or Toothless's personally btw:) summ...