The Lion King: Kion's Future

By anash2969

Kion and Tiifu are living together in peace while Kovu and Kiara step up and become King and Queen of the pri... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: New Beginnings
Chapter 2: The Big News & Memories
Chapter 3: Zira's Return
Chapter 4: Acending The Throne
Chapter 5: The First Ambush
Chapter 6: Troubling Times
Chapter 7: New Faces
Chapter 8: The Second Ambush
Chapter 9: Taking Precautions
Chapter 10: Kidnapping
Chapter 11: A Dangerous Rescue
Chapter 12: New Additions To The Outlands
Chapter 13: The Birth Of A New Generation
Chapter 14: The Presentation
Chapter 15: First Time Outside
Chapter 17: Going To The Gorge
Chapter 18: The Rescue
Chapter 19: Awkward Encounter
Chapter 20: Arguments
Chapter 21: The Attack At Pride Rock
Chapter 22: It's Hard To Say Goodbye
Chapter 23: Moving On
Chapter 24: The Truth Is Revealed
Chapter 25: Caught
Chapter 26: New Friends
Chapter 27: Family Times
Chapter 28: Growing Up
Chapter 29: Hofu vs Kali
Chapter 30: The Aftermath
Chapter 31: Falling In Love
Chapter 32: Hofu's Downfall
Chapter 33: A New Alliance
Chapter 34: Aisha's First Hunt Part 1
Chapter 35: Aisha's First Hunt Part 2
Chapter 36: Meeting
Chapter 37: The First Attack At Pride Rock
Chapter 38: More Tragedy
Chapter 39: Hofu's Showdown And Redemption Part 1
Chapter 40: Hofu's Showdown And Redemption Part 2
Chapter 41: Reunion
Chapter 42: Hunting In The Pride Lands
Chapter 43: Healing Wounds
Chapter 44: The Final Battle part 1
Chapter 45: The Final Battle part 2
Chapter 46: Peace And Harmony
Chapter 47: Epilogue

Chapter 16: First Time Outside Part 2

427 4 2
By anash2969

Aisha, Chaka, Faraji, and Nama ran outside of pride rock to play with their cousins and friends. Hofu sees his older cousins running outside; he wasn't allowed to go out because he was one month old. He sighed as he sees Hodari and Azuli trotting towards him.

"Hey, Hofu," The twins greeted.

"Hey, guys," Hofu greeted in return.

"What are you doing here?" asked Azuli.

"Yeah, shouldn't you be outside with us?" Hodari quipped.

Hofu shook his head, "Sorry, guys. My mom and dad said that I'm still too young to leave the cave,"

"Oh,"

"When will you leave the cave?"

"By next month. Then I'll be able to join you guys," Hofu answered.

"Oh, ok,"

Malaika walked towards her son, great-niece, and nephew, "Hey, Hodari and Azuli. What bring you both here?"

"We're just coming to see if Hofu can come outside and play with us," said Hodari.

"I'm sorry, but Hofu is too young to play outside with you two," Malaika said, apologetic.

"It's alright, Auntie Malaika. We understand," said Azuli.

Malaika turned to Hofu, "Hofu, it's time for your bath and breakfast. You can play with your friends in the nursery cave later," Malaika said as she picks up her son.

"Ok, mom," said Hofu, "See you guys later."

"See you later, Hofu,"

"Hey, sis. Let's go and play with the others," Hodari said as he ran out of the nursery den.

"I'm with you, Hodari," Azuli ran after her brother and caught up to him.

Before they can run down the slopes, their parents stopped them, "And where do you two think you're going?" asked Kion.

"We're going out to play," said Azuli.

"We have some rules to give you two first," said Tiifu.

"Awwww,"

"Yes, cubs. I know you don't want to hear them, but you have to," said Kion, "You both only can stay near pride rock at all times. Since you're two months old, you can't go any further without me, your mother, aunts, uncles, or grandparents to come with you."

"Your father's right, dears. And it would help if you also had Zazu to watch you. He's down there with your cousins right now, but you need to listen to him when he tells you something," Tiifu added.

"And most importantly; stay away from the outlands or anywhere that's dangerous for young cubs like you," Kion concluded.

"The outlands? Aren't all the former outlanders living here now?" asked Azuli.

"Well, yeah. But, some more outsiders moved into the outlands, and they're very dangerous," Tiifu answered.

"You do not want to go there. Trust me," Kion remarked

"Yes, mom and dad,"

"Good. Now go on out there and have fun," said Tiffu.

They nuzzled each other for a few seconds before Hodari and Azuli ran out of the den, "They have so much energy as we did, Kion," Tiifu remarked.

"I know. Remember all of the troubles we go into?"

"Kion, I didn't get into trouble. You and Kopa did when you two went to the elephant graveyard, " Tiifu remarked, playfully nudging Kion.

"Yeah, I remember that," said Kion, "When can we tell the cubs about their late uncle?"

"Not right now. Let's wait until the cubs get a little bit older," said Tiifu.

"Alright, Tiifu. If you say so,"

Afua, Naba, Zuri, and Nuru walked outside with their cubs sprinting ahead of them, "Nalia, Neema, could you stop for a moment?" Naba called out to the cubs, who stopped and faced their parents.

"Yes, daddy?" Nalia said.

"Before you two leave. We have rules for you to follow," said Nuru.

"What kind of rules?" asked Neema.

"The rules that will keep you safe. As long as you follow them, you'll be alright," Zuri answered.

"Neema, you have to stay near pride rock at all times, and you can't go further without me, your mother, or your grandparents," said Afua.

"That goes for you too, Nalia," said Naba. "You can also have your aunts or uncles to take you somewhere."

"Zazu is below pride rock with your cousins and friends. Listen to him when he tells you something," Nuru added.

"Yes, mom and dad," said Neema.

"Ok, mommy and daddy," said Nalia.

"And remember; stay away from the outlands, or anywhere that's dangerous for you. Even though the former outlanders had moved here, there are some more that are living in the outlands, and they can hurt or kill you," Afua concluded.

"Yes, dad. We understand," said Neema.

"Good, have fun and make sure you come back when it's time for lunch," said Nuru.

"We will,"

Nalia and Neema nuzzled their parents. They returned the favor for a few seconds before watching their cubs running outside to play. Meanwhile, the cubs are below pride rock, waiting for Kopa and Kali to come out. Zazu was near the cubs, watching them from the distance as he's on top of pride rock, looking down below.

"Ugh! What's taking them so long?" Chaka asked impatiently.

"They should be here by now. Auntie Vitani and uncle Moto are probably talking to them," Aisha pointed out.

Kopa and Kali ran from pride rock after hearing lectures from their parents, "Here we are, guys. Our mom and dad had to hold us up," Kopa said as he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, talk about lectures for safety," Kali remarked.

"Now that we're all here, let's play a game," Azuli piped up.

"Let's play tag," Neema suggests.

"Yeah, that's a great game," said Cala.

"Ok, we can play tag," said Nadra.

"Who's going to be it?" Asked Hodari.

All the cubs except for Nalia places their paw on their noses in unison, "Not it!"

"Not it," Nalia cried out, realizing she was last, "Aw, man!"

Kopa rapped his cousin on the shoulder before running, "You're it, Nalia!"

"Oh yeah! Well, I'm going to get you all!" Nalia declared, running off after her cousins and friends.

Everyone ran separate ways to avoid being tagged by Nalia. However, Nalia had caught up to Nama and tapped her before shouting, "Tag! You're it, Nama!"

"I'm going to get you!" Nama yelled before running after her cousin.

Nalia sped off from Nama with a proud smirk on her face. She had hidden behind a rock where she spotted Nadra and Cala hiding there.

"Nalia, who's it now?" Asked Cala.

"It's Nama. We can't let her see us," Nalia answered.

Nadra has a confused look on her face, "Why are we hiding? Aren't we supposed to be running?"

"I can hear you," Nama said in a sing-song voice. The three cubs turned around and screamed as Nama tagged Nadra with a grin, "Are we playing tag or hide-n-seek? You're it, Nadra!"

Cala, Nama, and Nalia ran off as Nadra pouted, "Awww, no fair!"

Nadra started to run after her friends. She caught a glimpse of Kopa, who was running with Hodari and Chaka beside him. She caught up to them and tapped Chaka, "Tag! You're it, Chaka!"

Kopa and Hodari ran in different directions, "You better run! I'm coming!" said Chaka as he begins to run after them.

They played tag for five minutes until they stopped and saw the lionesses getting ready to leave to go on their morning hunt with Kiara and Vitani in the front and Tiifu and Zuri in the back.

"Look, guys. The lionesses are going to hunt," Nadra pointed out.

"It's not like we can eat meat yet," Kali rolled her eyes which made Nadra glare at her for a bit.

"Guys, don't fight," said Aisha.

Meanwhile, on top of pride rock, Zazu was talking to Kovu as he was ready to take her for her first royal lessons, "Sire, I can assure you that the cubs will be safe from harm,"

"Make sure none of them leave from your view. If there are any problems, find Kiara or me," said Kovu.

"Of course, sire. Do you like to hear a morning report?" asked Zazu.

"Yes,"

"Ok. The gazelles and zebras are sharing the pond near the tall grasses, while the elephants and hippos are getting along just fine. The cheetahs are using their hunting grounds as usual, and the monkeys have not been causing any more trouble with the leopards," Zazu reported, "So far so good, everything seems to be in order."

"That's great to hear. Now, I want you to tell Aisha to come with me to begin her royal lessons. After that, continue watching the cubs until it's time for lunch," Kovu commanded.

"Yes, sire," Zazu flew from the top of pride rock and went down below where the cubs are playing. He spotted Aisha with her siblings and clears his throat to get her attention, "Miss Aisha; your father needs you to come with him so you can begin your first royal lessons,"

Aisha nodded, "Yes, Zazu,"

"I'll see you guys later," said Aisha as she follows Zazu up to pride rock, where her father is waiting on her.

"See you later, sis," said Chaka.

"Have fun!" Nama cried out.

"Good luck!" Faraji yelled.

Kopa, Kali, Neema, Nalia, Cala, and Nadra approached them with curious looks on their faces, "Hey, where's Aisha and banana beak going?" asked Kopa.

"Aisha is going on her first royal lessons with our dad," said Nama.

"She's the future queen of the pride lands," Faraji boasted.

"Really?" Nadra squeaked.

"Yep,"

"If Aisha's the future queen, then what will happen to you three?" asked Cala.

"I'm going to start my pride when I grow up. I'll leave the pride lands and find a place to live where I can become king," Chaka answered.

"I'm not interested in being king; I'll stay and help the males patrol the borders," Faraji added.

"And I can be a leader of the hunting party," Nama cut in.

"Being the leader of the hunting party," Cala had a look of confusion on her face, "Isn't that the queen's job?"

Nama shrugged, "Beats me,"

"We'll ask the king and queen later. But for now, let's continue playing," said Neema.

All of the cubs begin playing with each other once more, under the watchful eyes of Zazu. Meanwhile, Kovu and Aisha walked in the pride lands, looking at various creatures going past them.

"As queen, you must keep the circle of life balanced. From the crawling ant to the leaping antelope," Kovu explained.

"Dad? Don't we eat the antelope?" Aisha questioned.

"Let me explain, Aisha. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eats the grass. We are all connected to the great circle of life,"

"Wow,"

"When the king goes on his rounds. It's the queen's job to lead the hunting party,"

"I get to lead the hunts?"

"Yes. And your sister can too if you have important things to do in the kingdom,"

Aisha sat down and looked at the gazelles eating the grass nearby, "What kind of things should I do?"

Kovu sat down in front of his daughter and said, "That's a good question; not only you can lead the hunts, but you also can keep everyone in line by doing checkups to the kingdom,"

"Checkups?"

"Yes. To make sure nobody's fighting or doing anything that may harm or kill anyone," Kovu explained.

"Ok, dad. I think I can handle this when I'm older,"

"That's good, dear. Now, let's continue your lessons,"

"Yes, dad,"

Both father and daughter got up and continue walking around the pride lands as Kovu teaches Aisha how to be a queen. Meanwhile, in the outlands, Abasi and Mabaya are teaching their cubs how to kill. Tanabi and Shani are three months old, and this is the day where they begin their training.

"Alright, cubs. Today's the day where you can learn how to kill," said Abasi. "You must show your enemies no mercy and compassion when you attack. If you do, this will only make you weaker."

"Our motto is: compassion and love show weakness to us, but the strength of our enemies. We must keep our power by fighting ruthlessly and aggressively against them and never feel any remorse," Mabaya explained as she catches two field mice that were scurrying along their path.

"You see these field mice?" she held on to the mice to prevent them from escaping, "I want you two to show us what you've learned so far. You both kill one mice and don't let them go, got it!"

"Yes, mother," Tanabi and Shani said.

"Excellent. On a count of three, I will let them go so you can catch them," The cubs unsheathed their claws and crouched down, ready to pounce, "Alright, one, two, three, GO!" she released the mice as the twins ran after them.

Shani quickly tackled one of the mice and bit down on its neck, killing it instantly. Tanabi was having a bit of trouble with catching the mouse, much to his parent's dismay.

"Tanabi! Don't let it go!" Abasi barked as Tanabi continued to chase after the mouse.

Shani was about to run after her brother until Abasi stopped her, "Let him catch that mouse, dear. You've had your first kill already,"

"Yes, father," said Shani.

"Don't let it get away!" Mabaya roared as Tanabi attempted to catch the mouse with no success. He pounced on the mouse and pinned it down, preventing it from escaping.

"Kill it, Tanabi! Kill it!" Abasi commanded.

As Tanabi is about to sink his teeth into the mouse's neck, the mouse broke free from his grasp and ran into the hole of the cave wall.

"Why'd you let it go!?" Abasi bellowed as he ran over to his son, who was cowering in fear from his father's voice, "How can you be a king if you can't kill a single rodent?"

"Sorry, father. I didn't pay attention," said Tanabi.

"When we tell you to do something, you do it. Don't you ever disappoint us again! Do you hear me, son!?"

"Y-yes, f-father," Tanabi stammered.

"And stop quivering! Future kings don't shake like a newborn cub! You're three months old, for crying out loud!" Abasi boomed.

"Abasi! That's enough shouting!" Mabaya intervened by getting in front of her son.

"He's got to learn, Mabaya! He's our heir, and he will not fail us!"

"I understand that, hon. But-"

"No buts!" Abasi turned around and glared at his son with anger in his eyes, "Tanabi, it seems that you need to work on your speed and stamina. I need you to do ten laps around the entire outlands and don't stop until after you did your tenth lap!" Abasi commanded.

"Yes, father," Tanabi said as he ran out of the den.

"Shani, since you've completed your kill. Go out there and make sure your brother completes his laps,"

"Yes, father," Shani said as she ran out of the den to watch her brother.

"He's going to have to do better at killing! He can't fail us, my dear!"

"I know, hon. Tanabi needs a little more patience and time. Show him the ways of killing, and that way; he'll become a true killer in the future," said Mabaya.

Abasi's ears perked up, "That's a great idea, dear. I'll show him how to be a killer. When he gets older, he can take down Kovu and all of the other pridelanders with us,"

"I know. In the meantime, I'm going to check up on the cubs," said Mabaya as she gets up and walks out of the den, leaving Abasi alone in his thoughts.

"Yeah, you do that. I'm going to think of something that'll get our cubs involved in our plans later on," Abasi said as he walked to the back of the den to think about his plans that'll get Tanabi and Shani involved later on.

End Of Chapter 16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 36 17
It's been about a year since Kion's coronation as King of the Tree of Life and life has been going well. Fuli and Azaad got together and Baliyo and T...
583 11 1
after the death of zira, simba invites kovu into his pride, Kiara has a huge crush on kovu, but little did she know her crush doesn't have the same f...
7.7K 71 14
My Pride's characters doesn't belong to me and I don't claim they are ! The story is mine however. ...
20K 206 16
Kion is a Knight and warrior Prince back home, but is given the chance to become a King. Join Kion and his Lion Guard as they travel to a faraway Kin...