Twenty Stints | ✓

By imsherath

"Are you mixed? Cause you look half fine and half mine" -"Oh, so we're going smooth with it? 😏" "I thought y... More

Hello!
1 | Soulmate
2 | Bad Luck
3 | It Began
4 | It's Happening
5 | Spill the Tea
6 | A Long Day
7 | Ari?
8 | I'm Okay
9 | Alone
11 | Four
12 | Ring
13 | Lunch
14 | Ball
15 | Oh...
16 | The Truth
17 | Five
18 | Life
19 | Twenty
20 | Meet
Epilogue

10 | Ultimate Quintet

54 7 3
By imsherath

About a week after learning that not only am I supposed to overcome my fears, but Theo's too, I'm back in the gym with Nelson.

"That's cheating" I pant when he does a backflip and somehow manages to once again have his sword against my throat.

"I don't cheat" he simply says and uh... it's true. He never cheats.

"But you backflipped! That's cheating!"

"Is it? How many times have I tried to teach you to do so?", he crosses his hands and gives me 'the glare'

Shit, "Uh... never... ?"

"Within this year, twenty-two times, your highness. Twenty. Two."

"Well it's not like I go around training people all day, I have to learn to run a country"

"You've been in the king's office like ten times during your whole life", Nel scoffs.

Once again, he's spitting the truth.

"I've started", I hold my head up high "I'm learning the ways"

"Good to hear that we won't be starving after the king steps down" he teases and I lunge at him, making him laugh and run away from me.

I somehow slide under his legs, put my legs through so that I have a tight grip -the corkscrew they call it- and flip him over, making him fall onto the floor with a thud.

Smoothly standing up, I lightly place my foot over his chest, adding a little pressure, "I'm gonna be the best damn Queen you'll ever get, Mister Dransfield", I lick my lips, throw my sword to the ground and sashay out of the room.

Oh my god that was so cool I bet I looked so cool I can't believe it actually worked ahhhhhhh.

Moving on.

"Katyana"

I whip my head around. What was that? There was no one roaming around these halls.

"Yes?" I ask hesitantly. For all I know, there's nothing there and I'm looking dumb by talking to myself.

"Katyana"

Okay, there's definitely something there.

I turn right. That voice sounded right next to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Katyana"

Good Lord that's creepy.

"Yes? I'm Katyana"

"Katyana", from behind my back.

"Hello? Anyone there?!"

"This way" the voice trails off to my left.

I turn around and see the doors that lead underground.

When did I even get here?

"This way" the voice goes through the doors.

Oh dear lord.

"Do we have to!?" I mumble as my mother adjusts my tie.

"Yes, it's the annual dinner, everyone attends", she concludes and walks over to Daphne. She whines in protest as mother applies some kind of powder on her face.

"LET'S GO PARTAYY" Allison walks in, all dressed up.

"See, why can't the both of you have the same energy as Allison here. You look beautiful, darling", mother praises my cousin and I groan, "Can we just get this over with, please?"

"Don't be so grumpy" Alli loops her hand through mine before dragging me outside, through the halls, and into the dining hall. The room is full of chatter and laughter and lots and lots of fake people. Ahh- my kind of event.

Not.

"Presenting, Her Grace Allison Di' Vazquez and His Highness Prince Zade Di' Vazquez", the announcer announces and all prying eyes fall on us.

"Gee, so much for a quiet entrance", I mutter in Allison's ear as I take her hand and walk her down the stairs.

"Oh shush, you're the prince, there are never quiet entrances", she says through gritted teeth, trying to smile at everyone.

We navigate through the hungry eyes of the jealous men and women, and of course the paparazzi until we meet Tyler, Daphne, and her best friend Emma by the corner.

"Ah, Emma. Always a pleasure", I grab her hand, trying to kiss it. She yanks it away before wiping it in her dress, "Wish I could say the same, Zade", she snickers. She doesn't like me or hate me for some reason, and I love teasing her because of it.

"His Majesty, Henry, and Her Majesty, Catherine Di' Vazquez" the voice booms through the room as the big doors open, mother and father stepping out. Everyone starts clapping, the slow, delicate clap that everyone is used to doing.

"Where's the witch?" Emma whispers in my ear.

"Sent her to her room, I don't think father let her out yet", I smirk and she laughs.

"Okay so, we didn't reunite here for nothing now, did we?" Tyler starts, "Zade, Allison, Daphne, Emma, and Tyler. The ultimate quintet"

"Ew, that makes us sound related" Daphne gags.

"Three of us are related" I explain sarcastically and she gags even more.

"Now, now, dear cousins, stop meddling, will you. This is a serious event" Allison smirks, letting us know that she has a wicked plan brewed up.

"See, this is why I love you", Emma loops her hand through Alli's.

"I am pretty lovable" Daphne starts "- oh, you meant Allison. I thought you're my best friend"

"I love you too" Emma sticks her tongue out at Daphne, and Daphne does the same, making Alli laugh.

"Damn, the womance is thriving" Tyler chuckles and gets glares from all the girls.

"Uh, Zade, dance with me-" Emma almost breaks off my arm, dragging me to the dance floor.

"This- never happens. Emma, are you okay, are you sick? Should I ring for a nur- OW" I wince as she steps on my toes. "What was that for?"

"Subtly look to your right" she whispers and I lift an eyebrow while slowly scanning the room unsuspiciously.

There's nothing unusual- Ah shit

"You owe me" Emma grins as I twirl her around.

I sigh, "Thank you"

You see, there's this person, a girl, well, a princess, Audrey to be exact, who has this severe crush on me. She doesn't care for the stints and apparently 'knows' that we're meant to be.

I feel sad for the poor bloke waiting for her.

"Now, if you must, you may kiss my cheek once this dance is over" Emma steps on my toes once again.

"Look who's also starting to have a crush on me" I tease, only to get stepped on again.

"OW- Okay, okay, no more teasing, got it."

She smiles in victory. "Also, I'm on my fourteenth stint, idiot", she states as she moves away from me, both of us bowing to each other. I slowly plant a kiss on her cheek, "Offer my condolences to the poor guy" I smirk before walking away from her.

"Ah, ah, not yet mister, you still owe me a dance" Allison grabs my hand, once again leading me to the dance floor.

"No, please, someone save me!", I whine dramatically, holding a hand over my forehead.

"I saw Audrey around the corner" Allison chuckles while I wrap my arm around her waist.

"Don't remind me", I roll my eyes.

"Does she really think that she can bend the traditions that have been here for thousands and thousands of years?"

"I know right?! Like honestly, who is on her side even?"

"I don't think that her parents even know, Zade. I'm pretty sure she must've done some tasks already, with or without knowing"

"Are we...?"

"You are", Allison smirks. She spins around and I dip her before bringing her back up. She glares at me and now it's my turn to smirk. She hates it when people do that. She feels like we might drop her any second.

"Also, Zade, I didn't want to tell you this but uhh, I have to tell you this", she pauses, looking at me scaredly. Oh no, she's rarely scared.

"What's wrong?" I pull her closer so that if she wants to, can whisper to me.

"We need to go somewhere private", she grabs my hand before quietly slipping us away from the room and into a bathroom.

"So, what's up?"

She opens her mouth to talk, then closes it, then starts pacing up and down. I lean onto the counter island, waiting patiently.

"I've completed seventeen tasks", she blurts out suddenly.

"Oh... WAIT WHAT!?" I slip and almost fall.

Seventeen tasks!? Can't be- she started her stints like a week and a half ago- no way- there's no way in hell-

"See", she shows me her wrist.

There might be a way in hell-

"B-But how?!"

"I don't know!! I just get random feelings to do stuff, I do them, I get tattoos", she shrugs.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that she is almost done with the stints while Ari's just getting started. And Ari started before Alli for god's sake. There is no way Alli did this.

"Did you uh, talk to him? Or her? Or him? It could be-"

"It's a him, and yes, we've talked. He gives out such big shlong energy-"

"MY EARS, my ears! Woman filter yourself", I cover my ears, pretending to not hear anything.

Just then, there's a pain in my wrist.

"Ah, fuck", I grab my tattoed hand with my other grab, gripping it tightly. Fuck it's like a thousand nails are being pierced into my skin- it burns.

"Ahhh, make it stop- fuck", I've tears in my eyes when the pain finally goes away.

"Are you okay?" Allison hands me a towel.

"Yeah, I'm f-fuck!" I squeeze my eyes shut as the pain reappears. Twice!?

"Here, hold onto my hand, it'll help with the pain," Alli says and I grip her hand so tight you could see blood. I'm actually seeing blood right now, from the pain.

My wrist hurts for another fifteen seconds or so before it stops.

"Oh thank god", I pant as Alli wipes the sweat off my face.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, I'm totally- FUCK!" I fall to my knees as the pain appears in my wrist once again.

Thrice!? God, I have to go talk with Ari.

"What is happening?" Alli mutters to herself as she also gets on her knees to keep me steady. All this pain and I didn't even get to see what the tattoos are. My skin burns and pricks and aches before it finally stops.

"Please tell me it's over", I whine and lean back onto the marble wall.

"It's over, don't worry. Are. You. Okay?" Alli insists.

"I'm fine, third times the cha- fuck!", I grab my wrist again, the pain starting once more.

"We have to get your hand checked", my cousin grabs my hand, holding me still. The pain is so unbearable that the last thing I hear is her calling my name before it goes black.

...

Spank me, slap me, choke me, bite me...

Love,
Sherath 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.6K 23
Ranked #12 in girlxgirl |03/23/20| Ranked #6 in Updates |08/20/20| Ranked #2 in kingsandqueens |3/20/22| Trapped inside castle walls, heiress Aless...
320K 25.6K 35
A new system of marriage for the prince has been made in the kingdom Taraxac: The Dandelion System. When Karlina Dearcage makes a deal with the manip...
610K 20.9K 31
Princess Eva is a hopeless romantic and has always dreamed of falling in love. The problem is, in the royal family marriages are always arranged for...
66.3K 2.8K 31
you can see it on Amazon Kindle... In the heart of Victorian London lives a girl names Katherine Davis. She is the real life Cinderella yet she was d...