Born of starlight and shadows

Por disorganized-galaxy

Stella hasn't ever exactly been "normal." Not by a long shot. But-mental problems and friend problems aside-t... Más

~note~
~Prologue~
~Part one: Stella~
~Part one (a): Inescapable Reality~
~Part one (b) Out of place~
~Part one (c): Dreams~
~Part one (d): Shocked into believing~
~Part one (e) New Connections?~
~Part two~
~Part three~
~Part four: Hannah~
~Part five: Stella~
~Part six~
~Part seven: Hannah~
~Part eight: Maria~
~Part nine: Stella~
~Part ten: Carter~
~Part eleven: Hannah~
~Part twelve: Carter~
~Part thirteen: Stella (?)~
~Part fourteen: Maria~
~Part sixteen: Stella(?)~
~Part seventeen~
~Part eighteen: Carter~
~Part nineteen: Maria~
~Part twenty: Hannah~
~Part twenty one~
~Part twenty two: Stella(?)~
~Part twenty three: Hannah~
~Part twenty four: Stella~
~Part twenty five: Carter~
~Part twenty six: Hannah~
~Part twenty seven: Maria~
~Part twenty eight: Celestina~
~Part twenty nine: Midnight~
~Part thirty: Celestina~
~Part thirty one~
~Part thirty two~
~Part thirty-three: Maria~
~Part thirty-four: Stella~
~Part thirty-five: Hannah~
~Part thirty-six: Midnight~
~Part thirty-seven: Carter~
~Part thirty-eight: Celestina~
~Part thirty-nine: Sapphire~
~Part forty: Stella~
~Part forty-one: Hannah~
~Part forty-two: Maria~
~Interlude~

~Part fifteen: Hannah~

13 3 2
Por disorganized-galaxy

 Rough hands. Chains clinking together. Footsteps echoing down long, long, hallways...and fear. Oh, there is so much fear.

There is a blindfold over my eyes, keeping me from seeing where I am being taken. I wish I could say 'where I am being dragged,' but when I tried to fight a moment ago, or possibly several moments or much, much, much longer, the man holding my shoulder in a viselike grip slapped me across the face. Hard.

"Do that again and you'll get much worse," he hissed.

So I have not since tried to fight. I have instead felt for that spark inside of me, that power-and have felt nothing.

For once in my life it doesn't seem like a curse. And yet, I cannot reach it. I am truly, utterly, powerless.

My dad once told me there was a type of metal that could actually block the power contained inside of a Star Child. I didn't want to believe him, but now, I do. I see he was right-painfully, truthfully, correct.

I don't want to think of my dad. I can no longer think of him without thinking of what he did, and how that impacted where I am now-in short. I don't want to think of where I am right now either. What I want, what I truly want, is to be somewhere, safe and sound, with my dad, and with Stella.

Just thinking her name is painful. So very painful.

For almost as long as I can remember, I have always had at least one song floating inside my brain, bouncing around, sometimes hitting other songs. Now, there is nothing.

The happy little bubble I managed to surround myself with for so long has popped at last, it seems. My hands are shaking so much, the chains on my wrists are rattling.

The silver bracelet I took to wearing is no longer around my wrist, but it is pushed way up my long-sleeved t-shirt. I don't know if I am glad it's still there or not-the same way I'm not sure if I'm glad to still have my old clothes with me. They are a reminder of a safer existence, another life. No, it can't have been very long since this whole thing happened, you're right, but there is a clear difference where the past ends, and the present, the new present, begins.

I don't know where I'm being taken. Even if there wasn't a blindfold over my eyes I doubt I would be able to remember the route-I couldn't even find my way around a stupid school building, for crying out loud!

But possibilities are rattling around my thoughts: will they run a bunch of tests on me? Throw me in a cell?

The longer I am forced to walk, the more apprehensive I grow. I debate whether or not to try and break free of the guard's grip again, but fear rules out and I don't. I find myself envying Stella all of a sudden: she didn't spend much of her childhood fearing of the day when she would be plucked out of her life and brought to a hush-hush, hidden facility chock-full of people who hated the likes of her. Yes, yes, she did hear a bit from my father-was that all just a way to hold her attention, I wonder now?-but she doesn't understand as much of how it all works as I, I'm sorry to say, do.

I feel guilty for thinking such things-I watched her crumple to the ground. She's no more better off right now than I am-there's no way. Neither are any of the people, the Star Children, here.

Before, I knew some of them were only here because of me. But I don't truly comprehend exactly what that entails until right now.

I couldn't tell you how long it's been-if I had to guess I'd say several minutes, though it felt like a slow, slow class period where the clock seems to be running backwards, one that seemed to last an eternity. But eventually, the man comes to a stop.

He rips the blindfold off my face-none too gently, but that's expected.

My eyes don't get a chance to adjust to the harsh lighting of the long, long, hallway I can now see I'm standing in. That's because the door directly in front of me, which I could just barely, barely make out through the colors swamping my vision, swings open. (How did the guard do it? I wonder. Some sort of keycard, perhaps? I didn't see...).

I can make out two indistinct shapes inside, hear the sounds of conversation that quickly dies as the man shoves me inside. I stumble, nearly losing my balance, but manage to catch myself before I fall.

"Move," the man orders, pushing me yet again.

I reluctantly take a step forward and he forces me into a sitting position on the cold, hard ground. Before I can try to do anything, he fastens chains around my ankles-though he takes the handcuffs off of my wrists, at least.

Then he leaves the cell, the door clanking shut behind him with a finality that makes me shiver.  

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

205K 11.7K 51
Yet again Darkness is hungry for a war to end it all, but Light will always have troops at the ready. One girl. One kingdom. Eleven friends. Four Ele...
79.9K 3K 38
After an accident in eighth grade, Louisa Kelley was blind. Every day was a struggle for her as she tried to adjust to life both at school and at hom...
49 5 4
Matt wanders back into Alexs's life... injured and babbling. Why is he here? Alex doesn't have time to argue, not with Matt's life on the line. Howev...
214 19 39
What does society choose to do when children start being born with magic powers? Throw them into a prison of course! That fixes everything. Except...