Calamity || The Mandalorian

By letsbesiriusnow

- 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘀𝘬𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘒𝘷𝘦. For as long as Kasia Torelo can remembe... More

β˜†
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight

epilogue

4.6K 157 51
By letsbesiriusnow

"Holy fuck Din, how the hell are you able to stand up with this thing on your head?"

From underneath the helmet—though if one were being entirely honest it was little more than a glorified sack—that Kas had bought on their last fueling stop and roughly forced into his hand with a demand that he put it on and finally let her try on his godsdamned Beskar helmet, Din rolled his eyes, giving a noise that was somewhere between a grunt and a snort.

Language, he reminded her silently. She dutifully ignored him.

They were situated in the main area of the Razor Crest, and after enduring Kasia's demands to try on Din's armor for so long, he was now watching in amusement as she struggled to balance the helmet atop her head without falling over.

"I mean Gods Beskar-brains, you must have the strongest fucking neck muscles in the galaxy to keep from falling over anytime you put this thing on," Kasia continued, her back muscles straining from trying to stand upright. She squinted through the visor in what she approximated to be his general direction. "And how the hell are you even able to see through this thing? It's so damned foggy I can't tell if I'm looking at you or the kid."

"At both of us, actually," the Mandalorian informed her, glancing down at the child in question who rested comfortably in his arms and was peering in an almost inquisitive manner at Kasia. In response to her question, he gave a short, nondescript shrug, "I guess you're just not cut out to be a Mandalorian," he teased.

He found the way that he could practically feel her glower from beneath the helmet slightly disconcerting.

"You're damn lucky I can't see shit out of this thing and am too afraid to hit the kid to throw the Limmie ball at you," Kasia stated flatly as she turned towards again towards the mirror she had made a point to install in the room—she thought it gave the space a rather homey touch and besides, if she was going to be the only visibly human person on the spacecraft, she was damn well going to make sure she could see her own face.

"Still," she mused as she scooted closer to the glass, squinting through the fogged-up visor to admire the reflection, "the aesthetic of the helmet definitely makes up for the other negative aspects."

"Hmm," Din responded, his voice unamused even as Kas literally could sense his amusement. "Are you done playing dress up now, or?"

She looked over her shoulder to glare at him once again, smiling in satisfaction a moment later as she realized she had just done his cool, silent, unimpressed glower. Gods this helmet was cool.

"Hand me your disintegration gun and then we can be done," Kasia bargained.

Only if you promise to shoot me with it, was Din's silent quip as he indeed handed her his rifle. Also, I told you it was called an Amban phase-pulse blaster.

"Ha ha," Kasia deadpanned as she snatched the weapon from his hand, spinning back to the mirror and posing with it. "And I told you I don't really give a shit what the official name is—disintegration gun is much better anyways."

Right.

She ignored him.

"Gods I look like such a badass," Kasia grinned as she aimed the disintegration blaster towards Din's reflection in the mirror. "Pew pew," she mimed shooting, struggling to keep from laughing at the Mandalorian's exasperation.

Shaking his head, Din gave a long-suffering sigh. Kasia snorted.

Twenty minutes later, she slumped into the copilot seat, grabbing the child from Din's lap and replacing him with her feet.

"So, what do you think?" she grinned cheekily at the back of his Beskar helmet as she fiddled with the Beskar necklace he had gifted her with the hand not holding the kid in her lap. "I'd make a pretty damn good Mandalorian, huh?"

From beneath his helmet Din gave a thoughtful noise as he tossed her the kid's favorite ball. "No," he answered bluntly, smiling slightly at the sound of outrage Kas gave. His heart beat loudly in his ears as he continued, "Not a good Mandalorian. But perhaps a good riduur."

Kas was silent for a long moment. Then, "What the hell is a 'ree-door?'" she demanded, drawing out the Mando'a as she struggled to pronounce it.

She frowned as Din spoke to her silently, his words not an answer, but rather an invitation. I'm not entirely sure myself, cyar'ika. I suppose we'll figure that out together.

For a moment Kasia remained quiet, sifting through his memories to figure out what exactly the word riduur meant. And when she at last discovered the answer, when she saw what his words meant and what he offered through them, no star in the entire galaxy could have hoped to rival the light in her eyes nor the brightness in her heart.

"I suppose we shall, ake'fe," she answered, her voice tight with emotion as she clutched the Beskar moon above her heart. "Let's go on an adventure, Din Djarin."

Din smiled, pausing to flip the switch to put the Crest into hyper speed before he responded.

Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum, di'kut. I love you, idiot.

Kasia Torelo rolled her eyes, not fighting the smile on her face as she realized that she was home again, at last.

"Wen'ae awn ye, nie'we."

I love you too, asshole.

*.*.*

It's done!!! Wow I can't believe we actually made it! I just want to thank all of you who read thisI really appreciate all the support you've given this book, and I hope you enjoyed it!

P.s. if you like Game of Thrones and/or Pedro in general, you should go check out my Oberyn Martell fic, Tale of a Viper and a Rose! It's a lot of fun (speaking as a completely unbiased third party of course).

Anyways, thanks again for reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74 0 8
In a galaxy rife with danger and betrayal, bounty hunter Val Van-Karan is known as one of the Guild's very best. When a routine mission goes sideway...
5.7K 220 12
━ ❝𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘡 𝘨𝘰𝘰π˜₯ 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, π˜₯π˜ͺ𝘯. 𝘸𝘦 π˜₯𝘰𝘯'𝘡 π˜₯𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘒 𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘦𝘯π˜₯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨.❞ OR ━ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘀𝘩 𝘒𝘯 𝘒𝘴𝘴𝘒𝘴𝘴�...
1M 34.5K 50
|BOOK ONE| Mae Dameron was a woman with one too many secrets. She held secrets of how she was taken from her family back on Yavin 4. Of the intense...
13.9K 633 46
Lesia Mirri never wanted to be a Jedi. The rules of the Code didn't sit well with her restless spirit. Lesia resisted their teachings and attempted t...