Searching for Death

By rhuvmar

"I saw you sitting here, you the most beautiful little thing I've ever seen, depressed and alone. I looked in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A/N WOO

Chapter 19

6.2K 264 4
By rhuvmar

Anastasia was covered in stitches, has bruises everywhere, and was lifeless. I felt terrible. She didn't deserve this. I pulled up a chair to her hospital bed and held her hand.

"I'm so sorry Anastasia. I love you so much," I say about to break into tears when the doctor walks in.

"Um hello, are you Parker?" he asks.

"I am...why?" I ask having no clue why he'd be looking for me and not May.

"Well, the police were investigating the scene and they found something that may be the cause of the crash but I was unsure if I should tell you or her guardian," he explains.

"Well did you tell May?!" I ask anxiously. I need to know! I need to know this isn't my fault!

"Yes. It seems...texts and calls may have...distracted her from driving...." he says clearly nervous of my reaction.

That's when everything becomes clear. And fuck, this IS my fault. Not my parents, all mine. The realization is too much to handle. I let go of Anastasia's hand. I can't hurt her anymore. I run out the room feeling more guilt then the average person feels in a lifetime. Anastasia could die and it would be all my fault.

Anastasia's POV

I wake up utterly exhausted. I try to get up, nothing. I try to open my eyes, nothing. I try to speak, still nothing. That's when I remember. My accident, Parker's father commenting about my weight, all of it comes flooding back. It like the days where I'd go out with Mara and we'd get way too drunk. We would wake up with a hangover and have no recollection of the night before. But this was different. I couldn't move or do anything! What the hell?! That's when my second realization hit me. This one packing more punch than the last.

I'm in a coma.

Panic strikes immediately. I wanted to scream and kick my legs and get out of this horrible, endless slumber but I couldn't!! If only I hadn't looked at that call from Parker...wait no. I can't think that. He will probably already make a big fuss about me being in a coma. "Anastasia don't be such a bitch! He's showing he cares about you," my subconscious tells me. She's right. It's sweet of him. But I don't want him to be sad. He deserves the best the world can offer him. He's the most charming guy I've ever met.

I'm snapped from my thoughts when I heart footsteps enter the room. When the person sits in a chair and holds my hand, I know it's Parker.

"I'm so sorry Anastasia. I love you so much," he says about to crack.

I try my best to squeeze his hand so he knows I'm ok, but I have no luck.

Then another person enters the room.

"Um hello, are you Parker?" the man asks. I assume he's a doctor

"I am...why?" Parker says, clearly confused and suspicious.

"Well, the police were investigating the scene and they found something that may be the cause of the crash but I was unsure if I should tell you or her guardian," the doctor is explains.

Oh no. Please don't be the texts and calls. Please. He doesn't need to know.

"Well did you tell May?!" he asks.

Oh no. If he finds out he will not take it well.

"Yes. It seems...texts and calls may have...distracted her from driving...." the doctor says, just as anxious as I am.

I hope that Parker will be ok but somehow I doubt it.

My suspicions are confirmed when he lets go of my hand and leaves the room. I may not be able to do much but I can still feel things. And I'll I feel now is sympathy and the lingering touch of Parker's hand in mine.

hey guys! once again tysm for reading this story. I've honestly fallen in love with this story and just writing in general (even though I suck at it lol) but I'll be updating more often (as you can tell) but just thank you for reading my story. you guys are the best xo

-olivia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...