The Game of Push and Pull ||...

By bakun0ya

What do you do when you get rejected? How about receiving news that your parents have passed away? What if it... More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
🎄CHRISTMAS SPECIAL 🎄
🎊NEW YEARS SPECIAL🎊
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi

vi

4.5K 146 149
By bakun0ya

Mina and I stepped onto Grounds B where everyone was enthusiastically admiring each other's costumes. That's when I saw him standing on the other side with his lips in a frown. My smile had disappeared when our eyes met and Mina had left. I felt that same vulnerability that appeared after I confessed to Bakugou. I let myself be unguarded for a second and all these emotions came flooding back. My body turned away from Bakugou's as I shook my head. No, I wasn't going to let this stupid boy have power over me.

All Might soon joined us on Grounds B and I could have sworn that I saw Aizawa mean mug him. The yellow-haired man explained our heroes vs. villains exercise and then divided us up into teams. Thanks to my luck, I ended up being on the same team as Bakugou. I walked towards him to figure out some sort of plan.

"So-"

"Just stay out of my and guard the rocketshit, extra" The boy said.

"Okay fine, but what are you going to do? Chase Izuku and Uraraka around?"

"I'm not fucking chasing them, I'm going to kill them"

I sighed and facepalmed.

"We need to work as a team-"

"You just listen to me and stay out of my way" Bakugou spoke harshly.

"Well for your information we won't win without your cooperation" I commented and then listened as All Might explained the rules. Then it was game time.

As soon as Izuku and Uraraka stepped into the stone building the timer began. I stayed at my post, occasionally tuning into Bakugou's channel to try to talk to him, but all he would do was scream and yell. For fear of my eardrums, I stopped attempting to communicate with that boy.

All of a sudden there was a loud explosion that caused the building to rumble. I immediately tuned in to Bakugou's earpiece.

"YOU IDIOT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I yelled as I kept watch on the 'nuclear bomb'.

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT EXTRA. YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR CRAP AND I TAKE CARE OF MINE"

"MY COUSIN IS NOT YOUR CRAP"

"SHUT THE H-"

PING

I turned around to see Uraraka standing right behind my metal bar that was now at its full length. She gave me a little smile and I just raised an eyebrow.

"Hi, Y/n-chan!" The brown-haired girl spoke as she waved her hand. I could tell she was smiling away her nervousness.

"There are ten minutes left, Uraraka-san, I'm not letting you touch this" I said calmly and stuck out my hand which retracted my metal bar from the wall.

From there we spent the next couple of minutes fighting until she managed to relocate me to the other side of the room. The 'bomb' was on the other side and Uraraka made a run for it. I threw my metal bar at her and used my quirk to swing it in front of her before pinning her wrists against one of the pillars.

"You're strong Y/n-chan"

"Thanks"

With my left hand keeping Uraraka trapped, I used my right hand to bring the 'bomb' towards me. Earlier, I had attached a couple of magnets to the item which would make it easier to move without touching it. Just as I had brought the target to my side there was a louder explosion and followed by that was a blast in the fucking ground. THE GROUND.

The explosion had shocked me and made me lose my focus on Uraraka. By the time I turned to find her I was met with multiple chunks of stone flying at me. I ducked to avoid most of the debris, but unfortunately, one flew at my feet and caused me to lose my footing. I had begun to fall through the hole in the floor. Quickly, I stuck my hand out to summon my metal bar and used it to stick into an opening in between the stone flooring.

With all my strength I pulled myself up just enough to see Uraraka almost touch the 'bomb'. I immediately flicked my left hand to the right, causing the magnets that were once attached to the 'bomb' to fly towards the girl and pin her down.

"TIME IS UP! VILLAIN TEAM WINS!"

As soon as that was announced I felt my hands lose grip of the bar and I was falling faster than I could process. I screamed as my eyes desperately searched for something to grab onto. Don't get me wrong, I did have my hand out for my hero accessory, but it wouldn't come to me. Eventually, everything went black.

•~~~ఌ~~~•

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I opened my eyes, finding myself in a hospital type of environment. The room smelled of medicine and old lady if I was being honest. I slowly sat up, seeing that I was still in my hero costume.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING DUMBASS?!"

I flinched a bit from the shouting. Knowing without a doubt that it was Bakugou.

"I'm sitting up, idiot. What else would I be doing?" I rolled my eyes and turned my head to look at him. He sat in a chair underneath the window, making his ash blonde hair even brighter than usual.

"Where am I?" I asked and looked around the room.

"You need to fucking lay down and take a fucking rest you shitty extra"

"That's a lot of profanity you're throwing at a patient"

"I agree with the girl" A cute old lady spoke as she walked in. She wore a white coat and had her grey hair thrown up in a bun. It reminded me of Mary.

"Yeah well I don't give two shits about your opinion," Bakugou said and stood up. "I'm leaving now"

"Don't talk to her like that" I scolded. He just glared at me.

I waved to him in a sarcastic manner as the old lady checked me. I'm guessing she's the school nurse.

"I'm seriously going dumbass" Bakugou told me as he stood at the foot of the bed.

"Go then. No one is going to stop you"

"I AM!"

The nurse shook her head at our conversation.

"It doesn't seem like you sustained any injuries from the fall, thankfully, however, you should take it easy. An incident like that can be very traumatic" The old lady informed. She glanced at Bakugou who was exiting the room. "Luckily you have a boyfriend who cares deeply about you"

"WHAT?!" Both Bakugou and I shouted in unison.

"NEVER in my life will I EVER like that damn extra!"

"YEAH! I too will NEVER develop feelings for that JERK... AGAIN!"

"Yes. My name is not Recovery Girl and I don't have a support quirk" The nurse said and rolled her eyes. "Off to lunch you two. It's almost over and you need energy to recover"

Despite her small stature, Recovery Girl managed to shove us out of her office and into the hallway.

Bakugou and I walked in silence until I realized that I didn't have my necklace on. My hand frantically searched my bare neck for the jewelry, sending me into panic.

"What are you doing dumbass?" Bakugou asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm searching for my necklace you idiot! It's not on me! I lost it. Did it fall? Fall here? Or maybe.. back over there?" I turned around and searched the ground to see if it had dropped. Worst case scenario was that it fell during our training and broke, but I didn't want to think about that.

Bakugou grabbed my wrist and turned me around. "Calm down dumbass"

"No I won't calm down, Bakugou! That's the only thing I have left of- them.." I mumbled. It was getting hard to breathe. Just the thought of losing that necklace scared me shitless.

"Look" The boy said as he tilted my head up. My eyes fell on the silver chain with a white gem that was dangling from his hand.

"Why do you have that?" I asked as calmly as I could.

"I caught you and your dumb necklace got caught on my gauntlet"

"You caught me from falling?"

"That's what I said dumbass"

"Thank you.." I responded and adverted my eyes to his. I noticed his cheeks turning a little pink.

"Tch. Whatever" Bakugou spoke and placed my necklace in my hand before walking away. "When you're my partner again just don't go doing shit like falling in midair. I can't go out of my way just to catch you because you suck"

"I don't suck! The last time I check, I was protecting the target and I made us win while you were busy fighting my cousin" I defended as I jogged up to him. I put my necklace on and turned to look at him.

"OI! I kept the other team busy! If it weren't for me you would have been dealing with both round face and shitty Deku"

The both of us continued to walk side by side, talking about the training we had just done. By talking, I meant arguing about each other's teamwork and ridiculing one another for different reasons. We had reached the cafeteria doors when someone through the school speakers began announcing something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 34.3K 55
discontinued [F/N] [L/N] is an incredibly powerful young woman, living with one of the most powerful quirks known to man. She wants to become a her...
20.8K 596 22
Born with a dangerous quirk you couldn't control, you were sent to Juvenile Detention, only to be released when UA High starts a new year in which vi...
338K 7.3K 55
You attend U.A. high school and start to make some friends, you thought everyone was nice until you met this one boy. He was hot tempered with a low...
128K 4.8K 40
"𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏, 𝑰 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆." ꒰ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ @ᥕᥱᥣᥴ᥆꧑ᥱ ! 〄◌˳˚⌖ ➥ to 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆...