When The Camellia Wilts | The...

Od AlecxMaeGallego

Mother Nature has always been extremely generous and loving. But, as every organism that exists, when taken a... Viac

Disclaimer
When The Veil Lifted
When One's Strength is Tested
When The Only Way Is To Adapt
When The Bond Gets Stronger
When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part I
When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part II
When Two Worlds Collide
When One Escapes Death
When One Can Start Over
When Justice is Vengeance Part I
When Justice Is Vengeance Part II
When Justice Is Vengeance Part III
The Captain and The Governor
The Walls Can Talk
The Rescue
The Acceptance
The Tombs
The Meeting
The Mourning
The Return To Woodbury
The Accident
The Illness
The Quartz
The Fall of the Prison
The Sign
The Wrong People
Don't Let Loose The Man With Loose Screws
All The Good Ones Die
You Gotta Die First In Order To Live
Carol's Kick Ass Casserole
Pretty Serious Spaghetti
Just A "Little More"
A Selfless Cigarette Thief
Classic Pot Calling The Kettle Black
Come Back Or Die Trying
Spin Around and Go Back
Not Enough Bandages
Nibble On That, Hot Stuff
Bisquick and Pancakes
Ugging Bumplies
Something To Talk About
Who Are You Really Doing This For
Your Brand-New Beginning

The Type to Have a Pity Party

34 4 0
Od AlecxMaeGallego

"It takes time to love someone properly, and in this business, you get very wary of people." 

- Mark Roberts

Aliya's head was tilted to the side as she watched, with cautious eyes, the view from her window. The trees were swaying peacefully as they picked up wind while the walkers all try to chase after them, driven by animalistic instinct and hunger. The only light they had was the moon and the other car's bright headlights. It was eerie and it seemed pathetic that she still hasn't become used to the dark and the monsters that lurked in it. 

Daryl looked at her briefly, checking up on her silently when she noticed and looked back at him as well. Aliya looked at his face, her eyes trailing all over, catching the sadness lining his cheeks and the tiredness in his eyes. She sighed, "Was it just you both after?" she asked gently. The softness of her voice made Daryl's eyes flutter a bit, "Yeah." he replied just as softly. Aliya couldn't imagine how he was feeling right now, but she knows it isn't anything light. 

Hearing about what went down that day made her heated. They were cornered by walkers and when they finally got away, some assholes snatched Beth up. The white cross reminded her of a hospital although she's not sure what the name was. But if they really were from the hospital and just wanted to help others, why would they steal a person off the road? Surely they didn't miss Daryl? He's kinda hard to miss. 

The best choice they had was to follow the car in order to know where they were based in. Running the car through and squeezing information out of the driver wasn't solid. They could refuse to speak and that would be the end of it. No more clues. 

Aliya squinted her eyes and leaned over in order to see the car more clearly, "Daryl, they're heading North, I-85." she leaned back as she looked at him worriedly. She heard that Atlanta was no-go, that it has been overrun with no chance of being cleared. But seeing the determined look in Daryl's face, she eased up a bit. If he wasn't worried, why should she be? 

The car reached to a halt in front of the stop light, making Daryl release an impatient sigh. "The hell is he waiting for?" he grumbled, his hold on the steering wheel tightening. Aliya's forehead creased as she watched the car's lights turn off, spitting out a person in police uniform. Who the hell wears uniform anymore? She pulled out her gun slowly and looked at Daryl when he looked at her, "He's wearing a uniform." she stated. Daryl's brow lifted at her obvious observation. 

She sighed and licked her lips, "He's a part of a system. They have a group." she was sure of it. And the fact that they still wore their uniforms was a little bit worrying. They're still hung up on their old authority and roles. Extremely dangerous. Daryl nodded at her, "We'll see what he does." he reached for her hand and squeezed it gently, trying to calm her down. 

They were both watching the car ahead when a sudden thump in the window made them both jump. "Fucker." Aliya whispered angrily as she stared down the walker. Daryl chuckled and shook his head slightly, amused by her temper. Aliya wanted to roll the window down to stab it in the head but decided against it when the man started moving again. He threw the bicycle against the post before dragging a body towards the side. 

Aliya's breath hitched in her throat as the man started walking towards them, making her curse the walker in her head. Even though they couldn't see it clearly, it was obvious that the man found the car suspicious, his body leaning towards them as he tried to look closer. She only released her breath when the man walked back into the car. 

Daryl turned the ignition on but it only spluttered air. He tried once again before cursing under his breath, "Tank's empty." he grumbled as he slapped the wheel in frustration. What a timing. Daryl noticed that she was looking around, her neck straining as she pivoted her body, "We have to find a place to hole in for the night. Let's pick this up in the morning." he looked at her face intently as she nodded. 

----

Daryl watched as Aliya lead the way, his forehead creasing in the familiarity in her steps. She walked through the halls and into doors as if she knew exactly where everything was, where they were going. They arrived in a room with bunk beds and his eyes dropped down to the thick book on the desk. 

Treating 

Survivors of 

Childhood Abuse

He glared at the book before lifting his head up to look at Aliya. Was she? Daryl could only watch her in silence as she took off her jacket and her gun. Noticing the silence, Aliya turned to look at him. She followed his gaze down to the book and sighed, "What's wrong?" she urged gently. He looked at her in intrigue and curiosity, "How do you know this place?" his voice held a lot of questions but his words fell short. 

She blinked rapidly as she shook her head, "I wasn't abused, if that's what's worrying you." she walked towards him and pulled him inside by his hands. Daryl allowed her to take his bow off, helping her take off his vest in the process. Her hand placed itself on his chest as she looked up at him through her lashes, "I used to volunteer here all the time." she explained, making him relax slightly. 

Aliya smiled up at him and caressed his cheek gently, "You can take the bottom bunk." she fixed his hair with her fingers. Daryl watched her with fondness in his eyes, her gentleness was addicting. It was making Daryl feel....human. Aliya backed away from him and fixed her stuff on the top bunk, "I'll take first watch. You've been driving all night." she offered as she walked towards the window with her arms crossed. 

If it were all up to Daryl, both of them would be catching sleep now. But seeing as Aliya was on watch, he couldn't bring himself to relax and rest. He wanted to watch with her, not trying to waste time alone anymore. Aliya could feel his eyes on her, "Can I ask you something?" she asked, tilting her body so she was facing him while she could see outside the window. 

He had his elbow propped on his knees as he looked at her through his messy hair, "Yeah." he hummed in response. Aliya pressed her lips tightly together, "Why'd you save me that day?" she breathed as she stared in his eyes. She has always wanted to ask him that, ever since he took her hand. The only thing different is that this time, she had a fond feeling in her heart as she asks. 

Daryl stared at her for a while, enjoying the way the moonlight danced around the crevices of her face. He wiped his lips, "It was the right thing to do." he answered truthfully. It was not the plan at all, they were only there for Glenn and Maggie but seeing Aliya shaking like a leaf beside them tugged at his heartstrings. She looked so defeated. 

Aliya smiled brightly which made Daryl curious. What was the smile for? She bit her bottom lip to stop her smile as Daryl nodded at her, "What's that smile for?" he asked as the corner of his lips lift up as well. Her smile was contagious. She chuckled lightly, "You're just a really good man." 

Daryl chuckled before shaking his head at her, "What's really on your mind?" he pushed further. He had a feeling that that wasn't really her question and he wanted to hear her out. Aliya looked away from him before her eyes dropped to the floor, "Were you really hanging with me because I was the only one who could tolerate Merle?" She immediately felt pathetic as soon as she finished her sentence. 

She wanted to take it back so badly, and seeing the look on Daryl's face, she almost wanted to cover both of her ears for his answer. Aliya immediately turned away from him and stared out of the window, "Never mind, I'm talking out of my ass tonight." she mumbled as she pushed herself further into the windowsill. Daryl's face turned stoney, "The fuck kinda question is that?" he grumbled as he stood up from the bed, marching towards her. 

Aliya could feel the heat radiating off of his body as he stood beside her. Daryl took a hold of her arm and pulled her so that they faced each other. Aliya kept her eyes on the floor in embarrassment, fully aware that she was acting pathetic. Daryl lifted her gaze up by nudging her chin towards his face, "Do I look like the type to have a pity party?" he challenged, staring her down. They stared at each other for a while, not saying anything and not moving either. 

It was so awkward that she bursted into laughter, making him chuckle as well. What the hell was that? She shook her head, wiping away the tears of laughter that escaped her eyes. Daryl's lips seemed to turn into a permanent smile as he watched her fan her face dry. Aliya noticed this but acted indifferent as she looked at him, "To answer your question earlier, no." she smiled before plopping down his bed, eyes closed. 

A moment later, the space beside her dipped as Daryl plopped down next to her. She opened her eyes and stared at the bunk bed on top, trying to ignore the way that their bodies are squished together. Aliya gulped as she felt Daryl's hand crawl towards her hand and encircled it with his. Daryl turned so that he was facing her, his eyes on her face. His eyes trailed from her forehead, brows, her eyelids, her nose, her cheeks, down to her lips and chin. 

When Aliya finally mustered up the courage to face him, she froze as she saw the look on his face. It was overwhelming. It was so warm, so gentle and so pure that she felt breathless. She watched as his eyes zoned in on her lips, making her lick it moist. Her eyes fell to his neck, her eyes fluttering at the sight of his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. Both of their eyes synched up to meet in the middle, making their breaths harden. 

A hum escaped Daryl's throat as he leaned forward, while a moan escaped Aliya's throat as they met in the middle, both of their lips pulsating in excitement. A groan from Aliya's throat ignited a fire in Daryl's body as he put both of his hands on either side of her waist, pulling her up so that she was straddling him. Feeling the vibration of Daryl's appreciation in his chest, Aliya melted right then and there. 

Their excitement were bubbling and threatening to surface when a banging in the distance pulled them away from each other. Still straddling him, Aliya reached for the metal bars supporting the top bunk and turned to look at the window. Both of their chests were still heaving due to their ragged breathing. She looked back at him, "You heard that?" she asked quickly before looking back at the window. 

Daryl cleared his throat as he squeezed her waist, "Yeah." he answered, his voice was still raw and it took Aliya all of her will to allow him to push her up to stand. She moved to the side to let him go to his bow while she reached up for her gun, the moment they shared just moments earlier, momentarily left to the wind. 

----

Abandoned cars and bodies laid on the streets of Atlanta while trash and the scent of death danced in the wind. Aliya and Daryl were crouched down as they kept themselves near the building walls, jogging lightly so they could reach the tall building faster. Reaching the corner, Daryl set a sketchbook on fire before throwing it towards the walkers, a distraction tactic. 

It didn't take long for them to arrive inside the building where they were greeted by the sight of walkers wriggling in their sleeping bags. Aliya couldn't help but wonder how they died. Did they starve to death? Were they all suffering from a sickness that they succumbed to? All of those questioned were left unanswered as they both graciously put an end to their misery. 

They both jumped at the tents moving as they were passing by. Daryl muttered a curse under his breath as they both passed it quickly. Aliya nodded thanks at Daryl as he held the door open for her to crawl into. She pushed her things in front as she pushed herself inside and held onto Daryl's bow for him as he squeezed through the tight opening. She chuckled at his light-hearted joke, rolling her eyes at him as they pushed on. 

Soon, they arrived inside an office of some sort. By the way it was designed, it was probably the company president's. Aliya went straight to the window and marvelled at the view. The buildings of Atlanta were left in ruins, burn marks and signs that it was a bomb explosion was blatant. She could feel Daryl beside her, "I always wanted to ask you..." he trailed off, making Aliya look at him. She uncrossed her arms as she waited for the continuation of his question. 

He sighed and looked away, contemplating whether to ask it or not. Mustering up the courage to bring it up, he looked at her, "Who's Arden?" 

She blinked rapidly, taken aback by the question. She felt her heart constrict a bit, making her clear her throat as she looked back at him, staring right at his eyes. "He was the one who took me in when all of this shit went down. He saved me and Marina from the airport but Marina had to split from us so it was just me and Arden for a long time. He was the only constant factor in my life until..." she trailed off, looking at Daryl intently. "He was there when we were attacked at the cabin, he was there for Camellia." she added, silently taking in the small crease in his forehead. 

Daryl looked away and nodded, "He sounds like a good man." he offered. She smiled and chuckled, "He really was." she agreed, nodding at him lightly. Arden was a great person. He deserved better. Daryl smiled at her gently, entwining his fingers with hers. Aliya understood how special Carol is to him while Daryl understood how special Arden was to her. They're solid that way. 

Aliya squeezed his hand gently, "Why'd you ask?" she brought his hand to her lips, kissing his hand soothingly. Daryl shrugged, "You used to cry his name in your sleep." he answered, frowning at the memories of her crying herself awake. He could see the sadness in her face as she sighed. He pulled her into his arms slightly, offering her some comfort. He was just glad that she hasn't had nightmares in a while. 

Looking out of the window, Daryl's body stiffened up. Aliya backed away from him and looked at him in worry. "What's wrong, Daryl?" she questioned as she tried to follow his gaze. Still looking out of the window, Daryl reached her hand towards her, "Hand me that rifle." Aliya immediately unstrapped it from her torso and gave it to him. He then gave the rifle to Aliya and pointed the direction of the white truck. 

"You think it's them?" 

He nodded, "Been there a while too." 

It was the lead they were waiting for, it meant that their base was just nearby. A step closer to finding Beth. Aliya immediately went to the water dispenser to fill up her water bottle. When she was done, a painting on the wall piqued her interest, making Daryl curious as well. They both just stared at it in confusion. Aliya offered her bottle to Daryl who held onto it while he dissected the painting and graciously offered his opinion on it. 

Aliya chuckled loudly, "It kinda does, huh?" she agreed teasingly. Daryl gave her a boyish smile as he took a sip of the water, nodding at her. "But you do know that I painted that, right?" she pointed at the painting while lifting her brow at him. Daryl's smile fell as he looked at her, "You're not serious." he guffawed. Aliya crossed her arms together as she glared at him, "What do you think I was studying in college?" she drilled. 

Daryl caught a ghost of smile inner lips before she turned to strap her rifle back in her torso. He blew a breath of relief as he shook his head at her, amused that she got him with that bluff. She marched away while Daryl rolled his eyes at her, "You got me there." 

Aliya was still chuckling to herself while she crawled out of the opening they entered just a while ago. Her smile dropped when she realised that there was a young man with his gun aimed at her. Daryl squeezed through and all lightness in his face faded once he realised what made Aliya stop chuckling. 

Aliya stared at the young man in intrigue. He kept commanding them what to do but he still said 'please' in every sentence. He kept saying sorry too, like he didn't really want to do this. Daryl's jaw clenched at the sight of his crossbow on the young man's shoulder. Aliya glared at him as he cut the tent open, talking about how they were tough and would survive. 

Daryl unsheathed his dagger and stabbed the walker down while Aliya stared at the young man's retreating figure with her hand on the gun on her belt. One look from Daryl solidified her choice not to shoot. 

No more wasted bullets. 

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

901 34 19
~ "the world was on fire and no one could save me but you" Vivian harper was simply trying to find her way in the end of the world and protect her li...
65.1K 1.5K 48
Romance should be the last thing on her mind once the world ended- and it was... until she met Daryl Dixon. While trying to adapt to the way the new...
2.1K 209 22
Death is a universal, unavoidable fate that awaits the entire human species. While it does sound morbid, it also gives us a sense of connection to th...
4.6K 159 12
THE DIXON TWINS KNEW DISAPPOINTMENT. It greets them like an old friend. A welcomed intruder into their lives in which they have learned to live. So w...