TEMPEST || genshin impact/tha...

By iloveunora

Rimuru Tempest was suddenly teleported into the unknown world called 'Teyvant' because of this 'Unknown God'... More

The Outlanders Who Caught the Wind
Shadow Over Mondstadt (pt.2)
For a Tomorrow Without Tears
Wild Escape (for a certain bard, outlander, and a pixie)
Behind The Scene
Chasing Shadows
State of the Holy Lyre (and Venti gets a nickname!)
Gathering the Tears
Reunion with the Dragon
Abyss Mage
Hurdle
Empty Abode
Calm Before the Storm
A Long Shot
When the wind dies down
A/N

Shadow Over Mondstadt

6.4K 227 176
By iloveunora

On the way back to Aether and the others, Rimuru helped some people with normal tasks such as delivering foods from afar, picking flowers from higher grounds, killing a bunch of monsters for people, and saving a rather reckless human he have ever seen. 

He also came across a lot of new monsters; two Eye of the Storms, and an Unusual Hilichurl. Oh, and he also managed to get 5 of the Anemoculus. 

Because of those simple tasks, he managed to gain a lot of this world's currency; Mora. Mora was created by the (current) oldest Archon in Teyvant; Rex Lapis, the God of Contracts and the God that protects Liyue. 

Some says that he's half-dragon. Rimuru thought, wondering if he could befriend the god. 

"Hey! RIMURU!!! THERE YOU ARE!" Rimuru snapped out of it when Paimon's voice reached his ears. "Where've you been?" 

"Doing some tasks, you?" Rimuru replied.

"We're just heading towards Jean." Aether said as they walked towards the HQ.

However, they saw Jean in front of the Goth Grand Hotel, a hotel Rimuru doesn't really trust. A shady organization called the Fatui was inhabiting the entire Hotel. He scowled. 

"...Which is what has brought us to this point in the first place." A fatui girl said, frowning. "If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui." Rimuru narrowed his eyes. "We can put and end to Mondstadt's dragon issues, all we need to do is bring that monster to the–" 

Monster!? How dare she! Rimuru is starting to hate this girl. 

"Monster?" Looks like Jean shares his thoughts. 

"Yes. What's your point?" The fatui girl scowled, raising an eyebrow.

The nerve of this feeble mortal! A familiar voice roared inside Rimuru's mind, causing the slime demon lord's eyes to widen in surprise. 

VELDORA!?!? Rimuru couldn't believe- actually now that he remembers his other Ultimate Skills, he can summon and telepathically talk to Veldora. 

MY BESTO FRIENDO!!! Veldora roared.

Rimuru sweatdropped. Are you trying to intimate someone in the Manga?  

Veldora laughed. Fret not! My sworn brother! I AM HERE!!

He is. Rimuru mentally sighed, shaking his head before focusing to Jean and the fatui girl. 

"I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats. Yet here you are saying you want to "put an end" to one of The Four Winds of Mondstadt?" Jean crossed her arms. "I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius."

You tell 'em, Jean! Rimuru thought, looking at Jean with a new light. It's weird that he is feeling offended when someone is insulting a dragon, it's probably because of his connections with Veldora.

"Heh... Hehehe... It's not as crazy as you make it sound." The fatui girl, Anastasia, scoffed. "Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage it's simply... an amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to make... thorough notes..." 

And with that, Anastasia left. However, Rimuru couldn't shake off the bad feeling about the Fatui. He needs to learn more of this world if he want's to help Aether get his sister back, and find a way back to his people. 

"Oh?" Jean noticed Aether, Rimuru, and Paimon. "Aether, Rimuru, you're back." She smiled, her earlier angry tone left at the sight of her new allies. "Thanks for your help. The elemental flow is finally stable. The aftermath of Stormterror's last attack is finally settled for the moment." 

Well, that's a relief. But what's the Four Winds of Mondstadt? Rimuru thought, confused. He really needs to go to a library. Surely they must have a lot information about this world. 

"However, the pressure from the delegation has become too big to be ignored..." Rimuru perked up at what Jean just said. 

"Delegation?" Paimon was confused. "From Liyue Harbor or Inazuma City?"

"Is it about the girl?" Rimuru guessed. 

Jean nodded, confirming Rimuru's guess before answering Paimon's question. "Snezhnaya. They choose to follow the God of Cryo. Their envoys go by a particular name: The Fatui. Heard of them?" 

Rimuru and Aether nodded. 

"Oh, them. They are super famous." Paimon answered. "Wait, infamous is more the word..."

"I don't think killing Stormterror is the right course of action." Jean said.

Rimuru nodded. "Neither do I. You said Stormterror is one of the Four Winds, I'm guessing he is very important and used to protect you." Jean nodded and Rimuru continued. "Then, something must have happened to Stormterror. We cannot just kill him when we don't know the full story." 

Jean nodded, agreeing with him. "Exactly. However, the Cryo God's Fatui have always coveted the Anemo God's power. I don't believe they have Mondstadt's best interests at heart." 

Rimuru could relate to that. Hell, he slaughtered an army that he didn't like and it was necessary besides they strike first and broke his trust. It's only fair, and...

they deserve it anyway. A sinister voice that sounded eerie like his, whispered.

"Speaking of power..." Aether trailed off, glancing at Rimuru, who gave him a nod. 

"What is it, Aether?" 

"There's something I need to show the Knights of Favonius." Aether decided to trust them with what they saw before coming to Mondstadt.

"Oh? Let us head back to headquarters then." Jean said. "We shouldn't discuss important matters... out in the open." 

"I agree, especially when the Fatui is around." Rimuru agreed. 

Rimuru and the others followed Jean to the Knight's of Favonius' HQ. 

"Mondstadt and Snezhnaya are considered the same in status." Jean said, making Rimuru and Aether pay attention.

"How so?" Rimuru asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Mondstadt is independent, and does not belong to any other nation. In fact, despite being referred to as a city, Mondstadt is a nation. Though Snezhnaya's Fatui are known to be the most aggressive diplomats in Teyvat..." Jean explained.

Paimon nodded. "Makes sense, given the tone of that woman just now — so rude!"

Rimuru and Aether agreed. 

.

.

.

Finally arriving inside of Jean's office, Aether showed them the strange dark crystal they found in the forest. 

"It's a crystal embedded with some kind of power... Lisa, are you able to analyze it?" Jean asked Lisa, who narrowed her eyes in concentration.

"Let me take a look..." Lisa then frowned. "Hmm... I can see impurities in the crystal, but upon further inspection... No, I'm sorry, I can't make a proper analysis at the moment. Give me some time. I'll take a look through the library's restricted section." Lisa said, looking a little down that she couldn't able to figure it out. 

So, there is a library! Rimuru beamed. 

"Right. I'll leave the research to you then, Lisa." Jean ordered and Lisa nodded. 

"Understood. I'll notify you all if I make any progress." 

They're relationship is making me miss Shion and the others. Rimuru thought as a pang of loneliness came inside his heart. 

But, I will see them again. I swear to my name. Rimuru steeled his heart and harden his resolve.

"Though I wouldn't go getting your hopes up. They are incredibly ancient texts, not to mentio– Ouch!" Rimuru snapped out of it when he heard Lisa hurt. He looked at her and saw a slight bruise on her arms. "Gosh, that hurt! The impurities in the crystal... It hurts when I get close..." 

Lisa then realized something. "I see... It appears to react to Visions." Rimuru blinked in confusion. "The impurities and the elemental energy we embody repel each other." Lisa then looked at Aether. "It's strange though. The traveler has elemental abilities as well, but doesn't seem to be affected in the same way." 

Aether stayed quiet, he doesn't really know what to say. 

Rimuru also stayed quiet. He's more focused on the strange crystal and Aether. Could it be because Aether isn't from this world and doesn't have any Visions yet he was able to summon the Wind element after he touched that Statue. 

"Anyway, the crystal would be better left in the hands of my cuties. It will just be a pain if left with us — both literally and metaphorically." Lisa said, smiling. 

"Cuties?" Aether blushed. 

"Sure. We'll keep it." Rimuru calmly said, despite the slight blush in his face. 

Jean hummed as she watch Aether grab the crystal without any difficulties and put it inside his bag. "Fascinating. Do you know anything about what makes you special?" 

Aether nodded. 

"I do not know what to make of it either. Well, then, Aether and Rimuru... The Knights of Favonius have another favor to ask of you." Jean said, causing Rimuru and Aether to straighten up. "Please accept the title of Honorary Knights... and the gratitude of the Acting Grand Master." 

Rimuru and Aether's eyes widened before looking at each other and accepted it.

"Honorary Knight... of Favonius!?" Paimon seemed shocked.

"We ask for your continued assistance in finding some answers." Jean continued. "Stormterror's rage... and strange crystals... I know Mondstadt's peace hangs in the balance. May the wind open your eyes to the truth. We'll meet back here if you find anything." 

"So, we became Honorary Knights! Isn't it cool, Rimuru?" Aether said in excitement. 

Rimuru laughed, scratching his cheeks. "Maybe." Though, I have some strange feeling that things will be busier... "Wait here for a sec, I have to talk to Lisa." 

"Sure." Aether nodded, a little surprised. 

Rimuru walked towards Lisa, who quickly noticed him. "Lisa, can you tell me about the Library?" He asked.

Lisa blinked, surprised. "Sure, you can visit whenever you need to look something up." Rimuru's eyes gleamed in excitement. Yes! "Naturally the library is free to access. Just don't forget to return books on time, or you'll make my job difficult." Lisa said, her eyes gleamed dangerously. 

Rimuru was quick to agree, feeling that something bad will happen to him if he didn't return books. Gee, she's giving me Shion vibes. Or was it Treyni? He quickly shook it off and smiled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, sweetie~." Lisa said with a sly smirk on her face.

Rimuru quickly get away from her after that, and went back to Aether. 

"So how was you're talk with Lisa?" Paimon asked, causing Rimuru to shiver.

"She's... dangerous. Don't piss her off." 

"Huh?" 

.

.

.

After leaving the HQ, Paimon brought something up that made them think back about the strange person they saw in the forest. "There's something you didn't tell them. That dragon and the crystal weren't the only things we saw." She said.

Rimuru sighed. "I was thinking about that guy too." Raphael-san, you said that the boy has the same energy as the Anemo Statue, what do you mean? 

[ I'm afraid you have to figure it out on your own. ] Raphael said.

Alright. Rimuru sighed again before focusing back in the present. 

"I'd like to investigate it on my own first." Aether answered. 

Paimon beamed. "So you guys do remember him, that green guy." 

Rimuru then noticed a familiar smell and looked down to see the main topic of their conversation. "There he is." He announced, pointing at the green guy. 

Paimon and Aether look as well. "The exact same shade of green, what a coincidence." Aether said, and Paimon nodded. 

"See? See?" 

Rimuru sighed and facepalmed. "It's the same guy, idiot." 

"Eh..???" Paimon's brain stops working. 

"EH!?" 

"Why don't we follow him rather than just standing here like an idiot?" Rimuru said, causing Paimon and Aether to snap out of it, and do as Rimuru said.

However, during their investigation, he disappeared. 

"Damn it." Rimuru cursed before calming himself and concentrate. 

"That green guy disappeared!" Paimon pointed out.

No shit sherlock. Veldora grumbled. 

Did you read Moriarty the Patriot? Rimuru asked, deadpanning. 

uh-huh! Veldora proudly said. 

Rimuru sighed. At least, you're enjoying. I haven't been able to check out the new episodes- wait a minute! I'm getting distracted! He glared at Veldora, who turned his face to the side and whistled. 

"Use Elemental Sight to track him down!" Paimon said as Aether did just that. Rimuru uses his Universal Detect

"I know where he is." Rimuru said, running towards where the boy's heat signature is. Paimon and Aether followed him until the footsteps suddenly disappeared. 

"His footprints lead to this wall. Did he climb up from here?" Paimon asked. 

"Let's go after him!" Aether said.

"Hang on." Rimuru warned them, much to their confusion, but they didn't have time to prepare themselves as Rimuru opened his wings and grabbed Aether by the waist, and flew. 

Aether gave a startled scream. "You could've given me a warning!" 

"I did warned you." Rimuru said, smirking. 

Aether blushed. "That's hardly a warning!" 

Rimuru laughed. 

"HEY!! DON'T FORGET PAIMON!!" 

And so, the chase continued.

.

.

.

Thanks to Rimuru, they managed to catch up with the green guy in no time. 

Without alerting anyone, Rimuru gently flew down to gently drop Aether to the ground and deactivate his wings. Thankfully, the people are too busy to notice us. 

Rimuru then noticed the green guy telling a story to the citizens of Mondstadt. Wait, is he a bard? 

[ It would appears so ]

Rimuru and Aether shared a look before joining the crowd. 

"What is to be sung transpired in days of yore,

When the divine archons still walked the earth.

A cast his curious gaze on the world below

As he parted from the heavens that gave his birth.
The dragon sought truth amongst common folk,But mortal trifles only fogged his mind.
The strummed his strings dolceAnd the Holy Lyre answered his questions kind.
The dragon was but a child full of wonder,And soared the heavens free from care.
The bard's songs invited him to sing along,For he yearned to let all perceive him fair.
Enchanting legends the bard and dragon were,But the tides of despair soon engulfed the land;The lion fang perished and the falcon flag slept.
As a approached Mondstadt in lone stand,Over the Cathedral loomed death and his friends.
Of the people's agony the bard soon sang.
The soaring dragon heeded his grave calls,And amidst the windstorms a brutal war sprang.
Blood of venom sent the sky dragon into slumber,Only to awake to be expelled in abhor.
"Why do people in this age loathe me so?"But the Holy Lyre replied no more.
Wrath and woe, vigor and venom,Poured from the dragon's bitter eyes.
The dragon's curse sprawled in silence,But the Lyre could no longer soothe his cries." The strange bard finished his tale. 
Meanwhile, Rimuru couldn't help but sympathize with the dragon. The dragon must've been Stormterror. The lion and the falcon... those two must have been two of the Four Winds. 

But, blood of venom? Rimuru's eyes narrowed. So, the dragon was poisoned and went to a deep sleep. He woke up, expecting his people's love only to be expelled. He sighed as he realized something. I understand now. 

I pity the dragon. Those humans should be grateful. Veldora scowled as he crossed his arms. He knew humans fear him, they wanted nothing to do with the Almighty Veldora, but unlike Stormterror, he was okay and proud that people fears him. Humans doesn't matter to him, but the monsters (who deeply respected him) matters, especially the people of Tempest. 

True. But we should understand, humans fear what they do not understand. A dragon popping out of nowhere will make them afraid, it's only natural. Rimuru stated facts. Don't worry, I'm not defending these humans, I'm stating facts. 

Once the crowd began to lessen, Rimuru and the others walked towards the strange bard. The bard quickly noticed them. "Wait, you guys are..." He trailed off, recognizing them. "Oh, that's right! You're the ones that scared Dvalin away." 

We finally know Stormterror's name, Dvalin! Rimuru thought as Veldora was happy to know one of his kind's name (even if they are from a different world). 

"Dvalin? Who's that?" Paimon was confused.

"That's Stormterror's real name." Aether answered.

"Huh?... Oh, right. Most people seem to call him "Stormterror."" Paimon said, nodding. Rimuru sighed. "Why do you call him that... are you two meant to be close or something?" She asked.

"Oh, so close." The strange bard said with a nostalgic and strained smile. 

Rimuru smiled, understanding the bard. "I bet." 

"Hey, Aether. Paimon thinks this guy and Rimuru has a screw loose..." Paimon whispered to Aether. 

Rimuru gained a tick-mark and grabbed Paimon's cheeks. "I can hear you." Paimon yelped in pain.

"It hwrts!" 

Rimuru let go of Paimon as Aether and the strange bard laughed. 

"Hello, I'm Rimuru Tempest, the floating pixie is Paimon or Emergency Food (HEY!!), and this guy is Aether." Rimuru introduced with a smile. 

The bard smiled back, sensing no hostility on them. "Good day, outlander. Seems we meet again." 

"And you are??" Aether asked.

"I'm Venti the bard!" The strange bard, Venti, said with a giddy smile. "Three-time winner of the "Most Popular Bard of Mondstadt," to be precise." Rimuru hummed, impressed. He must've been extremely talented and adore music. "So, what do you need from me?" Venti questioned.

"Given you recognize us, Paimon doesn't believe we need to explain any further." Paimon said.

"It's about Stormterror." Rimuru said, getting straight to the point. 

"Storm...?" Venti fake a confused expression, pretending that he doesn't know anything. 

Rimuru gave him an annoyed expression. "I know you know something so cut it out." 

"Yeah!" Paimon nodded. "Cut it with the amnesia act! Aether, show it to him!" 

Aether nodded before showing the crystal to Venti. 

"Oh! Isn't this–" Venti was cut off.

"Interesting." Rimuru mused to himself as he stared at the purified crystal. He glanced at Aether. Who would've thought he had this kind of power? To purify the impurity. He mentally smirked. He's getting more intriguing the more I spend time with him. 

"What!? The crystal has been purified!? When?" Paimon's eyes widened as she looked around the crystal. 

"Not sure how this happened." Aether was confused himself. "Do you know how this happened, Rimuru?" 

Rimuru raised an eyebrow. "Don't look at me, I have no idea what happened." He puts his hand at the crystal. Raphael-san, look into this as well.

[ Affirmative ]

Venti frowned, grabbing the crystal. "Dvalin, he... the anguish he feels... has brought him to tears..." He said with pain and sorrow in his voice. 

"Tears?" Paimon asked.

"He was once such a gentle child. Now so full of rage and suffering..." Venti explained. "I also came across a Teardrop Crystal. Can you purify it?" He showed a Teardrop Crystal. 

 Aether took it and purified it, much to everyone's amazement. 

"Ehhhh!?" Paimon shouted in confusion and amazement. Paimon didn't know that Aether had this amazing ability!

"You... really do have some wonderful abilities..." Venti said with hope in his eyes. This could probably help him! "Someone like you is going to end up getting written into a bard's poem. Oh, a hero so bright, should he stand in the light. Though stand in the shade, and you'll be met by a blade..." Venti then looked at Rimuru. "With his trusty partner, who has an eyes of a demon and an air of a king. A king so kind yet heartless in the face of the enemy, should he stand in between." 

(guys I suck at poetry)

Rimuru's eyes widened. Oh, this guy is impressive. He smirked. 

Venti sighed in disappointment. "Alas... I've really not the time to compose a melody for you at this moment. Anyway, even if Dvalin is not taken down, his life will still wither away in the breeze... He'll burn himself out in the flames of anger." Venti said, sad.

"I also feel sorry for Dvalin." Aether said, Rimuru nodded in agreement.

"Thank you for that, and you for purifying the Teardrop Crystal." Venti was very grateful. "But I have my own plans for what is to follow."

"We can help." Rimuru said with a smile.

"Yeah, and what plan would that be?" Paimon asked.

"Seeing this tear has brought to mind a friend so dear." Venti said with eyes filled with nostalgic and deep sorrow. Rimuru can only sympathies with the bard as he too lost a dear friend (and nearly lost one too). 

"Friend?" Paimon was confused.

"Paimon!" Aether hissed for her to stop poking other people's past. 

"What??"

"Heh-heh, one must be going." Venti laughed, avoiding the subject as he prepares to leave. 

"Hey! Where're you running off to!?" Paimon shouted in confusion.

"To the "Symbol of Mondstadt's Hero." Bye-bye~" With that, Venti disappeared.

"Huh... Aether, Rimuru, what do you make of that?" Paimon asked, crossing her arms.

"This "weirdo" as you put it — we need to keep an eye on him..." Aether said. 

"We can trust him." Rimuru admits, finding the bard to be trustworthy. 

"As far as he's concerned, you're a weirdo too ya know." Paimon deadpanned at Aether before looking at Rimuru. "And what do you mean 'we can trust him'??" 

"He isn't hostile, and well," Rimuru gave a mysterious smile and chuckled. "You'll understand." 

"Huh!? I don't understand you and that weird bard at all!" Paimon complained.

Rimuru and Aether laughed at the floating pixie. 

"You know..." Aether trailed off once he's done laughing. 

"Know what?" Paimon questioned.

"His voice seems familiar..." Aether wondered.

"Familiar? I don't know... You're alone on that one..." Paimon said, she also doesn't understand Aether at all. 

She's been hanging out with weirdos. 

(Says the floating unknown being)

"But did he just say "Symbol of Mondstadt's Hero"? What could that be?" Paimon wondered.

"What about the huge tree near Mondstadt?" Rimuru said, remembering lying down at the comfortable tree. Although, he's peace was disturb by a strange Hillichurl. 

Paimon nodded while Aether looked so confused. "Oh yeah that one! You know, the gigantic one! You can't miss it, surely you still remember!" 

And with that, they traveled to Windrise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 7 7
(One week before Lanter Rite 4.4) As Lantern Rite gets closer and closer, the more the dreams get sadder and sadder. The dreams, no they are not drea...
28.3K 1.2K 9
"𝙸-𝙸 πšŒπšŠπš—'𝚝 𝚍𝚘 πšπš‘πš’πšœ...!" "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘𝚝 πš–πšŽ πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ, πš πš‘πšŠπš'πš›πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŠπšπš›πšŠπš’πš 𝚘𝚏?" ━━━━━━━━ Life is difficult. Shocking, am I...
28.8K 813 40
αƒš(' β₯ 'αƒš) You pretty much get isekai'd and wake up as a slime in the world of Teyvat. But not in the way you, Y/N expected. This takes part after all...
41K 1K 18
Rimuru The Supreme Diety escapes to another world to escape the unending amount of paperwork he has to deal with the world he escapes to is called Te...