Two Red Strings

By pinkcrazycorn

Soulmates. Two people that are destined to be together. Soulmates are sent into the world with no clue who... More

omg they baby
wow connor exists
ew they're in middle school now tf
omg the reveal
holy shart fluff, and my little pony
why does this exist
haha treebros lovers come get ur juice
heidi meets conNoR woWOoWOow
I wrote this on impulse
impulses are good
*first day of senior year intesifies*
treebros angst lovers come get ur juice
siNcEreLy mE
omg is this the climax of the story
omg they goin on a date yass
deleted scenes lol

jared kleinman is certified gaymer

124 2 37
By pinkcrazycorn

Chapter 4

Were going to get a LOT of Kleinsen in this chapter owo

Also, since I know nothing about most video games, Jared and Evan are gonna be playing splatoon. Pew pew >:3 (also screw time logic, this is a world where all the current games that are out, during what ever year this is) (am i going to dump my splatoon playstyle onto Jared? Yes. Definitely. Absolutely)

~🌲~

Holy spruce. Jared was coming over???!??!?!

Evan hopped out of bed and quickly combed his hair so he looked at least half presentable. He picked up a few things lying around his room before he heard a knock on the door.

"EVANNN OPEN UP! I brought snacks! And Splatoon!"

Evan raced down the hall and down the stairs until he arrived at the front door. He opened the door to see Jared(duh).

"Wow. you look like ass."

"Hehe, t-thanks."

Jared walked inside and placed the snacks he brought on the kitchen counter.

"So uh, w-what snacks did you b-bring anyways?"

"Bathbo- eR oREOS-! And me, I also brought you some cough drops."

"Wow, t-thats really t-thoughtful Jared- wait, y-you?"

"Yea, Im a snacc." Jared turned to Evan and wiggled his eyebrows.

"i-"

"....lets just go upstairs"

"Yea good idea"

Evan and Jared brought the snacks upstairs to Evans room, and sat down on Evans bed.

Jared pulled out his nintendo switch and popped the splatoon 2 game card in.

"You have a switch lite and splatoon right?"

"Uhh y-yea, I rarely ever use it t-though..."

"Good. dont use the switch lite often. It sucks."

"Oh uh. Ok?"

Evan grabbed his switch from wherever he keeps it, pulled out the Animal Crossing New Horizons game card, and put in the Splatoon one. It wasnt until Evan sat back on his bed next to Jared that he realized. He has no ferning idea how to play.

".........................uh Jared?"

"Yea?"

"I kinda..f-forgot how t-to play..."

"Its alright dude here Ill help you"

Jared started showing Evan what buttons did what, how to shoot, swim, move around. Reminding Evan what sub weapons and Special weapons are, and how to use them, all while being way too close than Evan was prepared for. Evan felt the heat rise up his neck as he tried to pay attention to what Jared was saying.

"And yea, thats pretty much all you need to know" Jared said, backing away, "dude, are you ok?"

"Huh? oh ..uhh. I-im fine, just a lot t-to remember...."

"Yea, dont worry though, it'll get easier the more you play."

'R-right. W-what weapon should I use?"

"Hmmm...use the N-Zap, it's relatively the easiest weapon to use. I used it when I first started playing splatoon."

"O-ok." Evan said whilst selecting the N-Zap 89 as his weapon.

"Alright, let's play a couple private battles together, just to get you used to the game again."

"Uh okie," Evan said, unsure of why Jared was being so nice, usually he would just blast Evan into a league battle before he was ready, and they'd lose. Then Jared would make fun of Evan for being so bad at the game. The thing was, that was in the past.

"Alright, I have a room open, the passcode is 6969"

Evan turned to face Jared, "really?"

"Yea hehe"

"Haha, whatever lol." Evan joined Jareds private battle and entered in the passcode.

"Alright, so were just gonna have some 1v1 battles so you can get some practice in, then we'll play some league."

"A-alright."

Jared changed the map to his favorite map, New Albacore Hotel and set the mode to turf war. He then pressed ok, put Evan on Alpha team, and him on Bravo. (simp)

"Ok, so you can change up your gear by pressing the '+' button, and then go back to the main page by pressing 'B', and once your sure you like what you're wearing press 'A'"

"O-ok." Evan pressed the '+' button and changed up his gear a bit.

Jared did the same, changed up his gear, then looked for a weapon he was in the mood to play. He ended up going with the splatter shot since its pretty basic, and a shooter like the N-zap, so it should be a kinda fair game.

Once Jared and Evan were both ready the match started. With Jared going straight to the center prepared for battle, while Evan had no idea what the fern he was doing.

"Uhhh...how do you a-aim again?"

"Oh, you aim by using motion controls" Jared said, moving his switch around as an example. "Once you find a comfortable position to play in, you can press 'Y' and the default point for your character will be in that position."

Evan followed what Jared said and moved his switch around, he eventually did find a comfortable position to play in, pressed 'Y' and started shooting now that he could aim.

"Wow. thanks Jared!" Evan said with the cutest smile Jared had ever see-

"No Problem lol"

Evan and Jared's characters soon met in the middle of the stage. Jared stood still so that Evan could get an easy first kill, but Evan did not take it. No, Evan was shooting everywhere but where Jareds character was standing.

"uh...Evan...are you gonna kill me or not?"

"Sorry! I wasn't sure if you wanted me to kill you..."

"Dude, I'm standing still in the center of the stage for a reason."

"R-right haha"

With that, Evan killed Jareds character, and the smile left on Evans face after, was literally the purest thing in the world. Jared never wanted to look awa-

"Nice Job Evan."

"T-thanks!"

"No problem!"

Evan's character respawned, and Evan went straight to the center of the stage again, ready to fight Jared.

" This time I'm gonna make it a bit harder, I'm not gonna shoot you, but I am gonna be moving around ok."

"Ok!"

Evan and Jared continued to practice in private battles together until Evan got pretty good with the controls again.

~🌲~

"Alright, I think youre ready for some league, we've been practicing for like almost an hour"

"Yea, I t-think i am too, w-wait an h-hoUr-?!" Evan looked at the clock in his room and sure enough it read '1:32'.

"Yea, but its ok, cause now you can actually play the game!"

"R-right..."

"Lets just play some league" Jared opened a league battle.

"Yea...is the pass '6969'?" Evan asked

"You know me too well" Jared said with a wink. (which Evan blushed at, but Evan didn't want to think about that right now.)

Evan entered in the pass code and joined the league room. He was still using the N-Zap since he had gotten pretty good at it, while Jared was using what looked like a fishing rod combined with a windex bottle. A very strange weapon.

"What weapon is t-that? I dont t-think ive seen it b-before."

"Oh this? Its the 'New Squiffer' Its like the regular squiffer but with a different sub and special weapon."

"Right...uhh...w-whats a s-s-squiffer??"

"Shit. I forgot you don't know what that is. A squiffer is a type of charger. A charger is like a sniper, where you hold down on ZR to charge up a shot and once youre ready to fire you release ZR. There are also variations of the charger which have scopes which gives you a bit of extra range, but makes it so you can only see a small area, so I prefer to play without scopes. The E-Liter 4k, or 3k if you're playing the original splatoon, has the longest range out of all the chargers, but it takes very long to charge up a full shot, so they're very backliner weapons, well i mean all chargers are backliner weapons but the E-liter is like very only for backlining, backlining doesn't really fit my style of playing, but I still really like the aiming skill that comes with using a charger, so I use a squiffer. The Squiffer has the shortest range of all the chargers, but it charges up a lot quicker than other chargers. The squiffer is the frontliner of chargers, and thats why I love to use it. Its probably my favorite weapon in the whole game."

Evan just stared at Jared as he explained all of that. Jared looked so focused, and so happy talking about it. It was kinda cute, in a way. NO NOPE. Evan was not going to start crushing on his friend, er family friend. No way no how. He was already nervous enough around Jared, he didn't need to add a crush onto that. Evan looked back at Jared to try to pay attention to what he was saying, but ended up focusing on the cute hand motions he was doing, and his pretty chocolate brown eyes-

...OK- Maybe Evan was starting to crush on his friend, family friend, whatever. It wasn't like Jared had been a lot nicer to him recently which made him think Jared might actually care about him. It wasnt like Evan had been wondering how soft jared's lips were while he was talking. ... Spruce. Evan was in deep.

"And yea, that's what a squiffer is." Jared had finished talking which dragged Evan out of his (very gay) train of thought. "Dude, you're like really red, how sick are you?"

"H-huh? OH uHHh, yEA- iM juSt reAlly siCk hahA"

"hmmmmmmmOk" Jared shrugged. "Anyways, ARE YOU READY TO PLAY SOME RAINMAKER?!?" He said very enthusiastically.

"YEA! Rainmaker is where you carry the weird fish looking thing to the enemies podium, right?"

"Yea! I'm impressed you remembered."

"Hehe" Evan blushed at the compliment and prayed Jared wouldn't notice.

Before Jared and Evan knew it, other players had joined the lobby and the battle started.

The stage was 'Humpback Pump Track' and Evan and Jared went straight to the center as soon as the match started.

~🌲~

The match ended rather quickly with the Enemy team getting a knockout in the first 45 seconds of the game.

"DAMNIT! They got a teamwipe on us, and by the time we respawned it was already too late."

"Im s-sorry..."

"What? Ev why are you apologizing? It was all our team's fault, not just yours."

"Oh, r-right. sorry..." Evan blushed at the nickname.

"Hey don't worry, we still have plenty more games to play."

So Evan and Jared played another game, the stage was still Humpback Pump Track.

The match started with an almost team wipe, Jared was the only one alive. The enemy team got a pretty big headstart, and almost won, but Jared shot the rainmaker, and the rest of the team killed the opposing team.

The rest of the match was Jared and Evans' team trying to push forward, but failing miserably. So Jared and Evan lost again.

When the match ended and the stats showed up, it showed that Jared had gotten 16 kills with his squiffer, which was the most kills in the lobby(which he was very proud of) and Evan had gotten.....3 kills...

"Dang Evan...you did terrible."

"I-im s-sorry!!"

"No, no, its fine, i just didn't realize just how long its been since we've last played splatoon together like this...or any game really..."

"Y-yea..." Evan paused, "I've missed hanging out with you Jare."

"I've missed hanging out with you as well Ev."

Jared and Evan were so close to each other. Jared wanted to close the gap between them. To tell Evan everything. His feelings for him, how he has the two strings as well, just everything. Evan wanted to close the gap as well. But he was far too much of a wimp to have the guts to do it. I mean Jared had been acting really nice to him recently, and if Evan kissed Jared, then surely Jared would hate Evan and never want to see him again. Not to mention the fact that there was no way Jared was Evan's soulmate, Evan had two strings, and Jared was a normal person who had only one.

So the two boys just stared at each other in silence. Both thinking the same thing, both too scared to actually do anything.

All of a sudden, the intro battle music started playing and Evan and Jared realized that the next match was staring and quickly looked away from each other to focus on the game.

This time, the stage was Goby Arena. and Jared was feeling pretty confident that they would win. Well he felt confident the last two times, but this time it was different.

The game started out similar to the last game they played, except it was reverse. It was their team that had killed most of the enemy team and Jared had grabbed the rainmaker and was now advancing closer to the podium. That is, until he was stopped by an E-Liter 4k

"Shit" Jared muttered under his breath.

The thing that was different about this game though was that the enemy team managed to push and get the lead. Which led to more swears from Jared. The match continued with Jared trying to get the Rainmaker to the enemy podium but he couldn't, and by now there was only 10 seconds left.

The enemy team had gotten even closer to the podium but luckily their team managed to kill the enemies, resulting in a team wipe on the enemy side. Jared and the other two teammates had died while killing the opposing team, leaving only Evan alive.

"Evan, you have to grab the rainmaker, and then start going as fast as you can to the enemy base, if you have the rainmaker then the match will go into overtime, and we'll have a chance to win."

Evan simply nodded and followed Jareds instructions. He popped the rainmaker bubble, picked it up, causing the match to go into overtime, and started racing to the enemy's podium. By the time he reached the center, some of the enemy team and Jared had respawned.

Jared super jumped to Evan in time for one of the enemy players to be in range of Jared's squiffer. Jared shot the enemy, and Evan fired the rainmaker, making a path for himself, and also killing another foe.

Evan and Jared were racing into the enemy base, with their teammates, having respawned, following close behind. Evans teammates took care of the enemy team while Evan just focused on moving forward. By the time Evan reached the enemies base, and was 5 count away from taking the lead and winning the game, all his teammates had died, same with the enemy team, except for the E-Liter.

Evan was scared. He didn't know a battle in a game about squids could be so terrifying. Then he heard Jared say something along the lines of, "c'mon Ev! Go for it!" So Evan did just that, he raced further into the enemy base, dodging the E-Liter, and took the lead.

With that the match ended with Evan and Jareds team winning. Jared stood up and punched a fist into the air. While Evan felt a tug on one of his fingers.

Word count: 2,454

BY FAR THE LONGEST CHAPTER WE'VE HAD HOLY CRAP

(sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger lol)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 747 24
You and Connor hate each other. Basic and simple so you try to ignore each other. What happens when life makes that impossible. yea I suck at descrip...
Fleur By waxxed

Fanfiction

10.9K 574 14
Evan always tried to hide his flowers. It was pointless, almost everyone had them, but their flowers were bright yellows and pinks that made them loo...
111K 4.6K 26
Everyone is born with a timer on their wrist, counting down to the exact time they'll meet their soulmate. Connor Murphy doesn't believe in soulmates...
10.3K 450 22
Everyone had a soulmate. everyone had a red thread that only they could see leading to the person of their dreams. Once you touched linked hands, it...