Selfish

By KrazyKC

Book #1 of The De'Sacra Series When 22 year old Kya De'Sacra gets signed by Elite modeling she has to move to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Selfless

Chapter 7

8.7K 361 48
By KrazyKC

I wake up to my alarm. I brush my teeth and use the bathroom before leaving my room to fix some breakfast then I'll workout. For the first time I notice a few pictures on the wall. Some of them are just Ari and in others Aurora's with her.

There's her first birthday party where she's sitting on Aurora's lap in front of her cake. I feel my eyes start to burn. I suck it up and look at the next one. It shows a little Ari crying while sitting on a mall Santa's lap.

A rueful but quiet chuckle escapes my mouth. I taste salty tears as they slide into my mouth. I didn't even realize I was crying. I quickly wipe them. It hurts, I should of been there.

"Kya?" I turn a round seeing Ari peeking her little head out from her bedroom door.

I sniffle. "I'm sorry did I wake you up?"

She shakes her head. "I already awake but I don't wanna wake up mommy." My heart swells at her admittance. She's so pure. "Are you sad my mommy's not awake yet? I wake her up for you." I chuckle as I walk over to pick her up.

"No, that's not why I'm sad." I reply quietly.

"Then why."

I blow hesitantly as I try to figure out how to explain it to her. "Because I missed your birthday's."

She frowns. "You don't have to be sad. Just come for the rest."

I smile giving her a kiss on the head. "Your right. Do you want to eat breakfast with me?" She nods her reply.

I set her down in the living room turning on the tv for her before I go into the kitchen and make us breakfast. I decide on scrambled eggs topped with avocado and tomato's.

I make enough for Aurora for when she wakes up and set it on the table. I find Ari playing with her toys. I take her to her seat where I had already set out hers. I decided not to add anything on her eggs because she might not like it.

After fixing our drinks I sit down with mine but Ari eyes my plate and then hers with an adorable frown.

"I want what you have."

I giggle taking her plate. "Sorry, I didn't know if you'd like it."

If this was somebody else's kid I would say 'Que pena' but Im happy to give her whatever her little heart desires.

"Thank you." She says with a smile.

"De nada."

She looks confused. "What's that mean?"

"'Your welcome' in Spanish." I did say I'd teach her.

Her brows furrow as she tilts her head a little. "What is Spanish?"

"It's a language, like we're speaking English now. Not every place speaks English. I was a born in Mexico, a country that speaks Spanish."

"Will you teach me?"

I smile happy she wants to learn. "Of course." As we eat our food I teach her a couple of words.

When were nearly done Aurora finally appears. Her hair is in a painfully sexy messy bun. Her hair being the only evidence of her sleep because the rest of her is flawless. I didn't even realize she doesn't wear makeup except for light eyeliner and mascara. But she doesn't need that because right now shes got my attention just fine. Though I doubt that's why she wears it.

I don't wear make up unless I'm doing a shoot that requires it. I'm just too lazy to put it on which is weird for someone who exercises. But I enjoy exercising I don't enjoy putting on makeup. Besides I already get stared at enough without it and I wouldn't want to increase that.

I remember one time in high school I let Aurora do my makeup. That was the best torture I've ever put myself through. Makeovers hit different when your attracted to the person doing it and their mouth is only a few inches away from yours plus the eye contact. That day proved just how much self control I had.

She says good morning as she walks by to make herself some coffee. Ew I forgot that existed. I don't like coffee unless it's a Frappuccino.

"Good morning mommy. Kya made you breakfast." Ari tells her.

She keeps her eyes on the coffee maker. "She did?" I roll my eyes at her surprised tone. I'm thoughtful it's not surprising.

Ari points at Aurora's plate on the table. "Yeah, look." She turns around and looks at her plate on the table

"Well that was very nice of her." She gives me an appreciative smile. "Thank you."

"No problem."

I wonder if Ari usually wakes up before Aurora and doesn't tell her. "Ari woke up before you but didn't want to wake you. She was going to wait until you woke up but heard me in the hall and came out. Isn't that cute." I smile.

Aurora looks at Ari with a sad smile and walks over to her. "Yeah, she does that every time she wakes up before me."

"Awww I love you so much. I told you not to do that. You don't have to worry about me." She pulls Ari's head to her in a hug before giving her a peck on the head.

"You don't wakes me up. When you wake up first." Ari says.

Aurora chuckles. "That's different."

Ari shakes her head as she says, "No." I snort at her stubbornness. She definitely gets that from Aurora.

I finish up my food and clean me and Ari's dishes while Aurora eats. I let her know I'm gonna use the gym. It's actually quite convenient that she has an at home gym because I was having to walk to the gym which was quite far from the studio.

I walk into the gym with a water bottle, phone, and earphones. She could run her own gym with this room. Almost every piece of equipment you'd find in a gym is in the room, there's even a flat screen tv installed in the corner. I see Ari has her own little area in here with her toys.

I put in my AirPods and start my playlist setting my phone and case beside me. Then I start doing some stretches. The song I'm listening to Soy Peor by Bad Bunny.

This song made me think something was wrong with me. He sings/raps about not falling in love again because he was hurt by the girl and now he'll just stick to meaningless sex with women instead.

That made me realize that after Aurora I tried dating a few times but it wasn't the same. I didn't feel any attraction to them and the idea of having sex with them didn't sit right with me so I didn't. I have no desire for sex. I'd love to have sex with Aurora. It seems like my libido only exists with her.

Shane said I could be on the asexual spectrum maybe a Demi sexual lesbian. I know im a lesbian at least, because guys are just no.

But Shane might be on to something because  when I first met Aurora they're were definitely times where she turned me on so I'm not sure about that. I had a crush on her. I thought she was perfect, she is perfect.

I don't know it's all so confusing I think I'll leave the labels alone. I know Aurora's a lesbian she told me. But she said she'd never been brave enough until me. She told me she fell in love with me.

I get on the Ab bench once I finish my stretches. Today's a core day. Each day I work out different muscles. Yesterday was a legs day and tomorrow is arms then it resets. She made my first year in America the best even after everything that happened. I open my eyes when I finish and my body jumps in place from seeing Aurora standing over me.

I return the smile pulling out an air pod.

"¿Que tal?" I sit up. I spot Ari watching a tablet I didn't know she had where her toys were in the room. I wouldn't be surprised if Aurora bought that kid her own personal water park.

"I'm about to workout too. I was just wondering what you're listening too?"

"None of your business." I playfully glare.

She smiles but I find hers sexy at the same time. "Seriously."

I hand her the one not in my ear and she leans down rather close to me. I don't know why because they're AirPods. "Don't judge me." I say.

"Love on the Brain. Good choice."

Soy Peor finished a while ago. Love on the Brain was also a part of my post breakup playlist. But she doesn't need to know that. "You like it?" I quirk an eyebrow.

She turns to me. "Love it actually."

"I thought you liked country music." I glare suspiciously as I remember that being the only thing she put on. Taylor Swift being her favorite.

She giggles. "I like all music, that was just what I was raised on."

Her voice is quieter as her face Is inches away from mine and I can feel her minty breath on my face. My gaze accidentally flickers down to her glistening lips and I can't look away. She licks them and I have the urge to do it for her. I wonder if she feels the same pull. Is it just me or is she getting closer. Maybe love on the brain is making me delusional.

Then she stops and puts it into my ear and pats my cheek lightly with her hand before backing away.

"I'm gonna go workout now." She says casually and starts walking towards the treadmill.

Surely she knows what she's doing to me. She's fucking with me she did not have to get that close. I swallow before standing up and getting ready to do some no equipment exercises.

Once I get done with my workout I take a shower. I opt to wear a dark military green button up shirt and white ripped jeans with my forces again. I know I'm basic. I blow dry my hair and decide to leave it down. My hair is naturally straight so I don't have to straighten it unlike Aurora who straightens hers but I like her slight natural waves. I usually curl my side bangs slightly so they swoosh giving off an aesthetic look. Ari's hair is exactly how I remember Aurora's. It's slightly wavy and dirty blonde but it is a bit longer. I thought most 3 year olds hair grew to shoulder length but her flows down her back.

****

Today I'm doing a shoot for the cover of a Vogue magazine. I didn't even know people still read magazines. But I hope they don't stop because I'm getting paid 10k for it.

Vogue isn't the only magazine company that's contacted my agent. Elite really lives up to its name. I have the looks I just needed someone to put me out there and that's what my agent did.

Deven stops me as I'm heading to my dressing room. It's already become a routine for me to straight there.

"I've got good news for you. Real has decided to do a collab with Victoria's Secret." Those two lingerie brands are the best in the fashion industry. Real is in front of Victoria's Secret. "They want to do a special shoot to promote then lingerie set they've worked together to design and want you to model it." I frown confused. ¿Por que? They both have the hottest models in the industry working for them.

"Why me?"

He smacks his lips. "Are you wearing makeup right now?" He observes my face.

I give him a puzzled look thinking he ignored my question but answer anyway. No."

He lets out a little exaggerated squeal making me laugh. He reminds me of Shane. "Exactly your gorgeous ass could of fooled me. What do you mean 'Why me'. Also you SKIPPED the competition and the casting. The few models that have skipped the supermodel competition just because their looks had that much potential are the richest models in the world. Their net worths reaching the billions."

I frown In confusion because I have no idea what he's talking about. What competition?

"What competition?"

He chuckles as if I told a joke. "Good one."

He stops when he realizes I'm not joking and his brown eyes widen. "Your serious. Girl, how can you put in a request at Elite and not know about the competition?"

I shrug. "I didn't have to do anything. I had someone pull some strings." I didn't have to research how to apply because Ricky did it for me.

"Elite has a supermodel competition for women who want to be signed by them. About a hundred or so participate at a time but only a few make it. It's mandatory because they want to make sure they are choosing the best. The casting is where they choose girls to compete and you didn't have to that either."

Does that mean that Ricky cheated to get me in?

"Are you saying I cheated?" I ask genuinely worried.

"No! that's not possible like I said. Plus I was there when they where looking at your photos honey. Nobody skips the competition even if they can pull a few strings it's about your potential. They saw your photos and didn't see a point in making you go through the competition because your that gorgeous." Really? I know I'm attractive but It's not that serious.

"Oh, well that's nice to know I guess. But I still don't understand why me. I'm not the only pretty face."

"Your right but you are the only you and
they want you. You'd get paid 50k into your bank account that day."

My heart almost leaps out of my chest. Damn that's a lot of money. I have about 200k in the bank but that's from three years of modeling. He's telling me I can make a quarter of that much in a day.

"When is the filming?" I ask.

"Saturday tomorrow. But it won't be here they have their own photographer. Reece will send you the deets I'm just the messenger."

I was supposed to be off but 50k is calling my name. "Yeah I can do it." I'm flattered they think I'm worth that much. I would of done it for way less.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 3.9K 33
{Edited 7/1/23} Kaya is 29 years old, she has lost all hope of ever finding her mate, she has become depressed, and she pushed everyone away. She has...
18.4K 511 54
What happens when you find out a sadist is your new step sister. Liv Brooklyn just moved from her home town of 19 years. Since her mom got engaged t...
3.7K 25 32
▪️FWB Stella is an 18 year old who just finished high school and is trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life she ends up moving into...
38.7K 945 13
" 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞" 𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍 Laura Ho...