The Girl Nextdoor

Από hoplessromantic143

Camila Cabello is an average girl. She's not popular, or somewhere in between. She belongs to a group that he... Περισσότερα

Pilot
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Quick Question
IMPORTANT
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important I guess
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Help?
Chapter 39
Hey guys...
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65: Part 1
Chapter 65: Part 2
Chapter 65: Part 3
Chapter 66
Chapter 67: Part 1
Chapter 67: Part 2
Chapter 67 Part: 3
Chapter 67: Part 4
Chapter 67: Part 5
Chapter 68 Part 1
Chapter 68: Part 2
Chapter 68 Part 3
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71: Part 1
Chapter 71: Part 2
Chapter 72: Part 3
Hey guys!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Important
Need your help!!
Come say hi
The book cover
Fin

Chapter 42

32.2K 880 897
Από hoplessromantic143

Camila's POV

The next day, Lauren didn't show up for class. I had third period English with her and her empty seat mocked me. I know it wasn't my job to know where she was 24/7, but ever since the day of the party, I've been worried about her. I feel like her demon is still haunting her. Like she's still haunting her. She pretends that everything is okay, but it's not. I know that it's not. I can see it. Because it's almost as if I'm looking back at me. Like I'm looking back at my own reflection. I see the same broken girl from four years ago. And I just don't want Lauren to fall into the arms of death like I almost did. Or at least do something equally as stupid.

Throughout the day though, I tried to be patient. I stared at the classroom door anxiously for the whole period until eventually, the class would end. And a little shred of my hope going along with it. I thought of texting her, but I knew that if I did, I would just be selfish again. I wanted to give her space, because I feared that I would anger her again and push her even further away from me. Because, like I said, I knew what it was like. And even if I don't want to admit it to myself, what happened last night was an escape for her. And if I could give that to her, even in the most external way possible, then it was worth it.

Instead of annoying her with my texts, I decided to see her after school. That way my curiosity would be dealt with, and my worry would be put to rest. School was never the same without her though. It always felt Bal Harbor was missing something when she was gone. I don't what it was about Lauren, but whatever it was, it kept the school on it's feet. And, I wouldn't even want to begin to imagine school... or even life without her.

"Milaaa." I heard Darren whisper.

His voice brought my out of my thoughts. I shook my head lightly before, I turned to meet his gaze next to me, "Yeah?"

"Where's your girlfriend?"

I felt my brow twitch in slight annoyance, "Darren, you know she's not my girlfriend." I muttered.

"Yeah, I know. I just like teasing you." He said with a cheeky smile before it faded into a serious line. "Seriously though where's Lauren?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? Aren't you texting her?" He said pointing down at my phone that had been sitting on my lap.

"No, I'm reading."

He rolled his eyes playfully,"Lauren could possibly be half way to Mexico and you're reading?"

"Yeah..."

"Aren't you at least a little concerned? I mean it is finals week..."

I gave him a pointed look, "Of course I'm worried but I can't do anything about it."

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm trying not to be too clingy."

"What's wrong with being clingy?"

"It's annoying, isn't it?"

"Sometimes. But it's only annoying when you don't like that other person."

"Darn, Lauren must really hate me then." I said as my eyes hovered back to a page in our Biology textbook.

Darren rolled his eyes at my sarcasm, "Shut up. She tolerates you more than I do. You're lucky."

"I know..." I said with a half smile.

"You're going to see her though right? Because I texted her and she said she wasn't feeling well, so she stayed home. I think you should check up on her. Just in case, you know, she's been acting kind of weird all day."

"Weird?"

"Yeah, she doesn't seem like herself."

"How so?"

"I don't know she just...seems a little distant that's all."

"Yeah...she's been like that lately." I said thinking about what had happened this past week. "Sometimes I just want to pry the information out of her but-"

"Great. So I'll tell her that you're going over then. " He said pulling out his phone.

"Wait. No." I said snatching the cellular device. "I want to surprise her." I explained before his phone vibrated in my hand. I couldn't help but look at the contact name that flashed on the screen.

Camila's Daddy:
"Shut up."

I cocked my brow amusingly at the text and handed him back his phone, "I can't believe you guys are friends now. I don't think Ill ever get used to it."

"Me and Lauren friends?" He almost laughed, "I hate her."

"Shut up. God you two swear you're not friends. I don't text people I hate. Or god forbid even visit them at their house."

"That's different." He said pointing at me. "Lauren and I-"

"Lauren and I?" I teased.

"Yes. Lauren and I have different reasons for our acquaintanceship. If it wasn't for you we wouldn't even be talking to each other."

"Oh yeah? Reasons? What are they?"

"That's confidential." Darren said sliding his phone back into his flannel pocket.

I rolled my eyes at him before I returned my attention back to class.
Mr. Anderson had been writing the homework assignment on the board. This must mean that class is almost over. I looked over at the clock and sure enough, there was a minute till. I put my things away and prepared myself for the certain doom that awaited me outside.

*Riiing*

In that second, I stood up and quickly made my way to the bathroom. Passing period was only like five minutes so if I needed to make a stop, I needed to make it quick. I wanted to get a few paper towels or something to blow my nose with, because my allergies had been acting up lately. And fortunately, I made my way safely into the restroom. I retrieved what I needed and just as I was about to leave, I heard two familiar voices approaching the door.

"I'm so fucking beat." I heard Vero's voice say.

In that second, I started to panic. I turned to look for an escape route but there was none.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Me too. Why did you need to come in here again?" Madison asked.

"Because I need to check my make up. That idiot Drew made my laugh so hard in class that I fucking cried."

"Oh god. What did he say?"

"I don't even remember."Vero said laughing a bit, "But it was something about those losers."

"Ugh don't even remind me about them." Madison said before she pushed open the door.

I quickly ran into the nearest stall and locked myself in it. I sat on the toilet seat and held onto the green bathroom walls. I tried to calm myself down as my heart began to beat in my ears. The air around me was slowly becoming thinner as their voices rang throughout the small sanitary room.

"Has she texted you back?" Madison asked turning on the sink to wash her hands.

"Yeah...she said she wasn't feeling well. Maybe it was something she ate?"

"No..." Madison's voice trailed off, "She must have caught a cold. Probably because of what those dorks did yesterday."

"Oh, yeah..." Vero said in realization, "Should we call her, just in case?"

"No...she's probably sleeping it off like she always does. We should stop by after school instead."

"Stop by?"

"Yeah. Aren't you worried about her?" Madison asked.

"Yeah...but we have a game today."

"Crap. Well then after it?"

"Yeah. That sounds good..." Vero's voice trailed off before she realized something, "Wait. What are we going to tell coach?" Vero asked worriedly.

"That Lauren's sick? I mean that's the truth."

"Yeah but she's the star player. Do you really think we'll win without her? I mean it is Tampa High, biggest game of the season."

"Yeah so?"

"We're going to lose." Vero said in a duh tone.

"Just because Lauren's... Well Lauren. It doesn't mean that we can win without her."

"It kind of does..."

Madison sighed, " If you all think that way then I guess we'll loose then. But Lauren didn't lead a team of losers. So you all better get your shit together and pull through today."

"Ugh." Vero groaned at the thought of their game. "I don't even know why I play softball."

"Because Lauren does. And you know how it is, we have to do whatever she does. That is, if we want to keep up with her."

"Are you fucking kidding me? I barley keep up with myself, being Lauren's friend is harder then I thought." Vero pouted.

"It's always been hard. But it's worth it." Madison said with a shrug.

"How? All we've gotten to do was hang out with her."

"And go to cool parties...nice places...get cool things-"

"Okay I guess your right." Vero interrupted.

"Plus..." I heard Madison's voice trail off, "We've made a good friend on the way."

"Yeah... Lauren is a pretty big idiot."Vero said lovingly.

"Yeah but she's our idiot." Madison half smiled.

"Gross what just happened?" Vero divulged.

"I don't know. Don't ever say that again though."

"Agreed."

"..."

"I can't believe she's sick." Madiosn brought up again.

"Ugh, I know those idiots don't know what's coming."

"Sure hell they don't." Madison said turning off the sink.

Suddenly I felt my foot slip off the toilet. I practically fell off but caught myself before I went first face into the ground. My hands gripping the stall walls as the rest of my weight shifted to my knee that had made a huge thud sound as it hit the ground. A sharp pain ran from my knee and all the way to my thigh. I closed my eyes tightly as I tried to contain my whimper.

"What the hell?" I heard Madison say before she and Vero began to approach the door.

Fuck.
--
A/n: To be continued...

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

969K 24.4K 22
Lauren Jauregui; Captain of the softball team. Most popular girl in school. Every girls hero and every guys dream. She's dating the most popular girl...
45.5K 1K 30
Thrown together for a project that is due by the end of the year, Camila Cabello and Lauren Jauregui battle through the stages of a relationship in H...
674K 18.7K 25
Camila Cabello was just an average girl. One day, she ran into trouble, made by none other than the school's badass troublemaker Lauren Jauregui, whi...
1.7M 54.9K 44
A small girl catches my attention one day during lunch and I can't seemed to get her off my mind. My new friends and others advise me to stay away fr...