The Tie That Binds

By danilynn87

After Peter Pan's curse, Regina decides self-wallowing is not going to fix her life without her son. As she l... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Five

1K 66 5
By danilynn87

"Why don't you use magic?" Emma nervously questions, her leg slightly trembling from all the willpower she's utilizing to not kick Regina away.

Regina pauses, the razor against Emma's leg just above the warm bath water. "I thought maybe you would enjoy being pampered," she answers, peering up through her lashes to study her girlfriend's panicked expression. "Why are you so uncomfortable with me shaving your legs?"

"I-I don't know...it's...weird. You used magic before, just flick your wrist and not waste our time. Enjoy the bath with me," she rambles, revealing just how uncomfortable she truly is.

Regina purses her lips, narrowing her eyes in a stern manner that demands Emma's whole truth. "What is it, really?" She interrogates, placing the razor down on the ledge before she latches onto those porcelain knees and caresses all the way up Emma's thighs submerged in the water.

"It feels very personal and intimate. You have never been so close to another person before, doesn't it feel awkward for you too?"

Regina considers her words, gently massaging Emma's thighs and hips beneath the water. "I suppose I've never been so close intimately with someone, however, in the Enchanted Forest we had servants that helped us bathe and dress, so modesty really isn't an issue."

"Right."

"Emma, did something happen when you were younger that you want to share?" She cautiously approaches the subject in case she's about to step on broken memories.

"No, nothing like that but being in so many different homes, I didn't have the comfort or security of parents that I trusted to help me when I was little," she quietly confesses. "I remember the first time a foster mom taught me to shower on my own, I was five, I think, and it was so uncomfortable. I felt so embarrassed, I didn't know this lady and I was standing there in the shower, naked. I remember thinking I better pay attention because I never wanted another stranger to watch me shower again."

"I can't say that I can relate," Regina pouts, her hands methodically massaging up and down Emma's legs while she remains nestled between those strong thighs and the cutest baby bump directly in front of her. "From the moment I was born, there was always someone bathing me and dressing me. It was all part of the routine."

"Cora never gave you a bath?"

"Not that I can recall, she had servants for that job."

"I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry for," Regina states with conviction, drifting closer in the bathtub to offer a delicate kiss. "So, you never showered with Neal?"

"No. It's not like we were showering every day. We usually had to sneak into hotels to grab a quick shower, besides, he knew from the whole not hugging thing that I had boundaries and luckily for me he never pushed."

Regina nods along, lost in thought for a moment, wondering if she is pushing the lost girl inside? "Emma," she gently whispers, "does this make you uncomfortable, being in the bathtub together?"

"I was nervous the first time we showered together but I'm not anymore. I feel comfortable with you, safe."

"Not safe enough for me to use a razor against your body though?"

Emma rolls those big green doe eyes. "If you want to, you can."

"Not if it makes you uncomfortable-"

Emma cuts off her arguing with a firm grasp upon Regina's chin. "I want to feel completely open and comfortable with you. I want to fix all my irrational fears from the foster system with you by my side."

Regina floats through the water, Emma still gripping her chin as she brushes her lips so sweetly against her one true love. "Okay," is all she whispers into the kiss before she drifts back and finishes shaving Emma's legs. "So, did you teach yourself how to shave?" She inquires, slowly dragging the razor carefully up that silky skin.

"Yeah, I think I was twelve and I saw a razor sitting in a shower and I was curious, so I used it." Regina nods, her sole attention on her task at hand as Emma releases a small chuckle. "The first time I got nervous because I thought someone was coming so I only shaved the bottom half of one leg."

Regina peeks up, a broad smile on her face that reveals just how madly in love with this woman she truly is. "Did you get in trouble?"

"Nah. I never asked anyone for my own razor though, I was too embarrassed. If I saw one in the showers, I would use it," she admits, shrugging so innocently.

Regina nods again, focusing back on the razor gliding so effortlessly up Emma's leg. She feels a staticky buzz pulsating between them for a moment and she wonders what's going on in that head of Emma's. She knows she's nervous about something and she hopes that it's not about this intimate moment.

"Um, Regina?"

"Hmmm?" She hums so softly, finishing up a thigh before she offers her undivided attention.

Those emerald irises are swimming with insecurities and never has Emma ever appeared so young before. She scrunches up one side of her face, shrugging her shoulders so nervously as she summons the strength to say whatever is on her mind. "Uh, do you think when we are done, maybe you could paint my toes?" Regina's one eyebrow skyrockets from the request. "I'm sure almost all the paint is off by now. I usually do them myself, I never go to a professional-"

"Emma, stop rambling. Of course, I will," she vows, pressing one more kiss to those dainty lips before she starts the next leg.

"Thanks."

"No need to thank me. I think you should know by now how much I love you."

"Yeah well, just because you love me, doesn't mean you don't deserve a thank you when you do something nice for me," Emma plainly answers like it's the most obvious statement in the world, but Regina pauses for a moment, allowing those words to soak in.

She was always expected to do things for others, never receiving a thank you in the process and she never realized until this moment, how much that small phrase could mean. Truthfully, it makes her want to do all kinds of things for her loved one because she knows how much it means to Emma to have someone take care of her.

"Regina?"

"Huh?" She quickly blinks away her thoughts.

"I love you," Emma says through a crooked little grin.

"And I love you."

"Good, don't leave me with one leg shaved again."

~~~~

Regina dutifully glides the tiny brush against the smallest nail imaginable, however, the doorbell ringing causes her to flinch just the slightest.

"The one time your mother is early," she groans, flicking her wrist to erase the blob of red nail polish that ended up on Emma's pinky toe.

"Just use magic to finish them," Emma says, already pulling her foot back from Regina's lap upon the bed but the brunette is far quicker than that and snatches her foot.

"You sure have been frivolous about the use of magic lately," Regina declares, narrowing her eyes as she holds Emma's foot into place. "Henry," she hollers, "can you please get the door?"

"Sure, mom," he calls back from his room, allowing Regina time to finish what she started.

"Regina, it's fine. I'll just put some socks on."

"As much as you love your socks, it's ninety-five degrees outside today and we are going to be outside and you are going to be miserable with your feet suffocating in cotton and gym shoes," she dryly retorts, yanking Emma's foot closer for inspection.

"Come on, if my mom is here, that means everyone else is on their way," Emma urges, wiggling her damn foot around to escape. "Just use magic," she complains again.

Regina scowls, pinning her impatient girlfriend with a hard glare. "I have a feeling, my dear, giving up magic is going to be tougher than you anticipate," she sternly states, her digits dancing and producing a thick fog over Emma's toes.

"Thanks, babe!" Emma chirps, flinging her feet over the bed and earning herself an even fiercer glare.

"Why must you annoy me when I have been so kind to you?" She sarcastically quips, following her very pregnant girlfriend off the bed.

Emma abruptly spins back around, a cheeky little grin spreading across her entire face, the one that Regina hopes their baby inherits. "Because I love you, baby," she enthusiastically claims as she dives forward to smack her lips against Regina's pursed mouth.

"Move," she orders, playfully shoving her blonde toward the door. "You're far too hyper, maybe I gave you too much magic this morning." 

"Maybe," Emma indifferently replies, "I do feel energized, more so than I've felt in a long time."

"Hopefully it lasts the entire party."

Regina follows closely behind, keeping a watchful eye on her klutz of a girlfriend that she doesn't trip over her swollen feet and tumble down the stairs. She distinctly hears Henry speaking so sweetly to Emma's baby brother and soon she finds the Charmings observing the interaction with matching dopey grins.

"Hey, guys," Emma greets them, still so unsure what she wants to address her parents as.

"Oh my," Snow gasps, already charging forward with her hands out to latch onto her daughter's bump. "I saw you a couple of days ago but I swear you've grown. Hi, my sweet Autumn," she coos, her thumbs sweeping around to feel for a protruding limb.

"Tell me about it," Emma groans, "I swear I was never this big with Henry."

"You look good, Emma," David beams, so damn proud of his daughter. "You have that beautiful pregnancy glow."

"That's not pregnancy glow, that's Regina's magic radiating from me," her girlfriend chuckles.

"Hey grandma?" Henry peeks over his shoulder from his kneeling position in front of Davey's car seat. "Can I take him out?"

"Of course, just be careful," she sweetly pleads.

"I will," he assures her, already unclipping the belt.

"So, four more weeks, huh?" David asks, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Yes," Regina answers, her smile ready to split her face in two. "Unless Whale thinks we should plan a c-section the week before."

"How exciting!" Snow squeals, her eyes glossy from the emotions bubbling up to the surface.

"I can't wait," Emma grumbles, pressing her fists into her lower back. "I'm so ready to be done being pregnant. She's sucking the life out of me. Hear that, kid? This is your eviction notice, you have four weeks and then out."

Regina rolls her eyes but her mouth betrays her and she does chuckle softly. "Come on, why don't we get comfortable in the backyard?"

"I got Davey," Henry announces, holding the newborn close to his chest as he takes baby steps toward the back of the house.

David swoops down to grab the carrier, gesturing for Emma to take the lead. However, Snow doesn't budge, instead, she latches onto Regina's forearm and steps in front of her.

"Regina, I just want to say thank you. You didn't have to throw this gathering for everyone to meet David and welcome him into this world," she says, choking back her sob because her emotions are still all over the place from the pregnancy.

"I know I didn't have to. This is my peace offering. We are going to be family now and I want us to move forward on a positive note."

"Thank you," Snow whispers as a tiny tear dribbles down her cheek. "You know I spoke to Emma about everything but I want you to know that I'm happy for you two. I know you two will do anything and everything for one another. I know how much love you have in your heart and I'm so glad my daughter and my grandchildren are on the receiving end."

Regina's eyes fill with tears from the acknowledgement of what's truly in her heart and not the front she has been portraying for too many years now. She offers a small smile, fighting back the tears that are threatening to reveal just how soft she is for her family.

"Thank you," her broken voice whispers. "Now, come on, the other guests will be arriving shortly.

~~~~

The backyard is in full swing with their closest friends to celebrate David Junior's arrival, yet every guest also brought along a gift for Autumn which made the event feel more like a combined party of baby arrival and baby shower. The grass seems to be more vibrant than Regina can ever recall and the flowers are an assortment of beautiful colors that brighten every corner. She's never had people over in her backyard before, she's never even had people at the house, yet, it feels familiar. It actually feels normal and she suspects that has everything to do with a certain Savior.

Nothing seems to be complicated with Emma Swan in her life now.

"Here," she whispers, leaning over her girlfriend's shoulder to place a plate full of food down on the table in front of her.

Emma jumps, a little startled by her sneaky presence but a goofy grin easily slips across her face. "See, this is why I'm a hippo. She's always shoving food down my throat," she snarks, her fingers already diving for the thick cheeseburger.

"Quite stunning hippo," Regina teases, clasping her fingers onto those warm shoulders and pressing her cheek against Emma's.

And it's been almost two months now since they have engaged in any sort of sexual activities and it's very hard not to notice the swell of Emma's chest peeking over that red sundress. Of course, sundresses aren't really the Savior's style but she's swollen, hot, and uncomfortable and those pregnancy jean shorts with the elastic on the top seemed to have offended Emma this morning. So, Regina flicked her wrist and created something that would be accommodating for this afternoon event in the sweltering heat. A flowing dress with spaghetti straps, very plain, and crimson to match Emma's toes, especially since she opted out of footwear this afternoon. It's taking everything in Regina to keep her composure from how absolutely gorgeous her pregnant girlfriend is, glowing in the warm sun.

"Take a seat," Emma mumbles around her mouth full of food, pulling a chair out beside her for Regina. "Belle was just telling us about training under you."

"Alright, let's have it," Regina sighs, elegantly slipping into the seat. "I'm ready for the criticism."

Ruby snorts into her bottle of hard cider, her arm casually draped across the back of her girlfriend's chair. Belle rolls those crystal blue eyes, but she's grinning just as hard as Emma has been as of lately and Regina smiles, knowing that the couple is so much happier together than either of them have ever been.

"I was actually complimenting you. I thought it would be hard taking over for you and learning everything that you know. It was intimidating at first and that's why I was reluctant to accept the position but I've really been enjoying myself. You're a wonderful instructor, Regina," Belle happily explains.

"I guess a few months living with the Savior and the Queen finds that sweet princess she buried away from all those years ago," Ruby acknowledges.

"I beg your pardon?" Regina rushes out, baffled by Ruby's accusation.

"Snow and I had many, many conversations back in the Enchanted Forest when we were at war with you," the wolf so boldly and smugly divulges. "She shared lots of stories. You know, when you used to braid her hair or when you taught her all about horses or when she would sneak into your room at night because she thought you might not want to be alone."

Regina freezes, her blood running cold because for some reason, she banished all those memories from her mind. She remembers how Snow would tiptoe into her room on nights when the King would visit. She would be crying from all the ways the King defiled her and Snow would come lay next to her, not muttering a word, silently offering her comfort, support. She always lied to the princess, claiming she missed her family or she missed the stable boy who ran off on her. She wonders if Snow knows now why she was truly weeping all those nights?

"Awww, did you and Snow have some slumber parties?" Emma muses, lightening up the mood because she can read or maybe she can feel the horror swimming through Regina's blood at the moment.

She quickly clears her throat and plasters on that political smile. "Where's Davey? He's the only Charming that isn't annoying," she deadpans as Emma reaches beneath the table and offers a little squeeze for comfort.

"Our son is hogging him still."

"I don't think he's put that baby down once since we got here," Belle acknowledges.

"Your little girl is going to be so spoiled," Ruby chuckles. "I don't think any of you are ever going to put her down. I remember you always carrying Henry around, Regina. I thought he was attached to your hip for a while."

"Nah, she's going to be in daycare most of the day. We both need to work if we are going to afford a house just outside the city," Emma explains.

"What are you guys going to do for work?" Belle curiously inquires.

"Well, I will still have my job as a personal trainer when we go back. I already talked to the owner and explained I was on bed-rest and he was totally fine with it. He said all the trainers pitched in to cover my classes until I get back."

"And Regina?" Ruby suspiciously questions. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm not quite sure yet."

"I told her she should stick to the politics." Emma shrugs, munching on a piece of pineapple.

"Thirty years as a mayor, I'm burned out at this point," Regina informs the small group. "I was thinking maybe I could work in the administrative department with the school district, that way I could have the same days off as the children."

Emma's eyebrows jump high as she pops a grape into her mouth, nodding along with the idea. "That would be good."

"It's something to consider," she answers, knowing very well the amount of money she has stashed away from the curse.

She is more than capable of purchasing their first home by herself and still manage a few years off from work before finances becomes any true threat.

"Well, as soon as you guys are settled, we would love to visit," Ruby says through a warm smile. "I know Belle has always wanted to see the world and that would be a great first trip."

Belle smiles so sweetly, swaying closer to gift her girlfriend with a kiss of gratitude and even though Rumple's death still aches, Regina is so happy to see Belle free from his mind games.

"We would love to have you guys," Emma mumbles around her fruit. "Right, baby?" And she can't even manage a straight face, especially when Regina rolls her eyes and shoves her away.

"I think it's about time I steal your brother," Regina announces, stiffly standing up again. "At least he doesn't find annoying me, amusing."

"Just give it time," Regina hears Emma say through a giggle as she struts away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 1.3K 18
Regina, Emma, Snow, Hook and Charming are in Neverland, searching for Henry who got kidnapped by Peter Pan. As if that was not complicated enough, Ro...
211K 7.1K 35
Do you ever get that feeling when you want someone you can never have? Have you ever had to pretend to hate that person to avoid detection? Basically...
16.1K 809 13
As Regina is running away from her problems, she has a close encounter with a tree branch, knocking her off her horse and leaving her unconscious. Sh...
75.4K 2.8K 30
Emma is married and has three kids when one day Regina moves to a house in her street. Her new neighbor locks herself out of the house and asks her f...