Uzumaki Nanami is here, Datte...

By ShinyUmbreon1243

Uzumaki Nanami, twin sister of Uzumaki Naruto and student of Lady Tsunade, Died trying to protect her brother... More

Chapter 1: A new mission, A new world
Chapter 2: meeting the kamado family
chapter 3: Cruelty
Chapter 4: Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki
AN
We have to evacuate
Chapter 5: Sabito and Makomo
Chapter 6: Final Selection
Chapter 7: Our Own Steel
Chapter 8: Accompanying a Demon
Chapter 9: Kibutsuji Muzan
Chapter 10: The Smell of Enchanting Blood
New Book Cover!!!
Chapter 11: Temari Demon and Arrow Demon
Chapter 12: Together Forever
AN #2
Chapter 13: Tsuzumi Mansion
Chapter 14: The Boar Bares Its Fangs, Zenitsu Sleeps
Chapter 15: Something More Important than Life
Chapter 16: The House with the Wisteria Family Crest
Chapter 18: Letting Someone Else Go First
Chapter 19: A Forged Bond
NOT A CHAPTER BUT IMPORTANT!

Chapter 17: Mount Natagumo

3K 166 36
By ShinyUmbreon1243

Blue eyes slowly opened as the red-haired woman sat up from her futon. Stretching her arms out and letting out a yawn. She sat there for a few minutes, her eyes rather dazed from sleep. It's nice to have a good sleep for once although she sometimes dreamt about the events of the war, it wasn't so bad now.

"Nezuko-Chan!"

Nanami snapped out of her dazed state when she heard Zenitsu's voice calling Nezuko repeatedly followed by the sound of footsteps that she presumed that they must be running.

"Zenitsu! Stop following her already!" She heard Tanjiro's voice. 'Ah, Tanjiro-Kun is awake already.' Nanami thought, rubbing her eyes a bit as she stood up and continued to listen to the other room while looking for her hair clip to fix up her bangs.

"Tan...ji...ro!" She heard Zenitsu hummed, along with Tanjiro's voice cringing which made her curious about what's going on in the other room as the rapid footsteps continued. She might as well go and see.

"Let's be friends, Tanjiro!"

"Zenitsu! Don't keep chasing us! I beg you!"

"Oh, don't be like that, Tanjiro!"

The door slid open revealing to be Nanami, her long, red hair was still down but her bangs were clipped to the side as she watched the bizarre scene in front of her. The Kamado sibling being chased by Zenitsu in circles. "What is going on here, dattebane?" She asked, her eyes dotted, rather clueless.

Hearing her voice, the three of them halted in their tracks and turn to stare at her. It was silent for a moment before Zenitsu broke that silence with his enthusiastic voice, "Nanami-Chan!"

He then started running up to her in a carefree manner. Rather startled by his behavior, she steps to the side before Zenitsu could reach her and started running. "Nanami-Chan! Nezuko-Chan! Tanjiro!" Zenitsu called from behind them. And so the chase continues with the Kamado siblings and Nanami being chased by Zenitsu.

Meanwhile, Inosuke sat outside, wearing his usual boar mask and shirtless uniform, listening to the commotion inside when his stomach growled. "Man, I'm hungry." Inosuke said, looking down at his toned stomach.

"Pardon me, sir." The elderly lady said, approaching the boar-headed, masked boy and sat beside him with a neatly folded yukata in her hands as Inosuke turn to look at her. "Those clothes of yours are quite soiled, I see. I'll clean them for you, so please wear these in the meanwhile. These are pleasant to the touch and quite comfortable." She offered.

Inosuke looked at her as a happy, fluffy feeling coursed through him at the old woman's offer.

"How does tempura for dinner sound? You know, something covered with batter and fried." The kind old woman added, making Inosuke feel even happier as the fluffy feeling remained.

In the meantime, Zenitsu continued to chase them around the room as the three of them ran from him. "Hey, wait up! Come back here, Nezuko!" Zenitsu called from behind when Inosuke slid the doors open and screamed, now wearing yukata the old woman gave him.

The chase came to a halt the moment Inosuke came in as the boy head-butted Tanjiro in the back, making the burgundy boy cry in pain. "Wh-what was that for?" Tanjiro asked, rubbing his back while Nanami knelt beside him.

"Inosuke-Kun?" You carefully called out his name, not knowing what made him go on a rampage so early in the morning.

Inosuke only responded with a loud war cry and the chase began once again. This time with Inosuke chasing them while Nezuko at the side with dotted eyes, unsure of what to do.

"Hold up! Hold up!"

"Stop chasing us, Inosuke-kun! Dattebane!"

"Tanjiro! Nanami-Chan!"

Ah... What a great way to start the morning.
————————————————————————————————————————

Later in the day, the doctor arrived. The three boys stood in front of him expectantly while Nanami sat at the side, already concluded that she had been well-rested.

"You're fully healed." The doctor said, sitting across from them with the elderly lady sitting beside him. This brought smiles and relief, glad that now they're healed, nothing will hinder their movements while facing demons in their next missions. Although, Nanami did help with fastening the healing process during their stay, not that the doctor or the elderly woman knows.

After all, it was their little secret.
————————————————————————————————————————

Once the doctor left, Nanami was back in her temporary room, her seals and weaponry laid out as she arranged the contents and doing maintenance on her weapons. She glanced at the scroll Urokodaki gave her, recalling that it was given to the first Water Hashira by someone from another world, her world, in fact.

She remembered that dream from the other night, about that mysterious woman named Uzumaki Miyo. She doesn't know who that woman is since she was born after Uzushiogakure was destroyed, plus she and Naruto didn't pay much attention to history for that matter. The only prominent historical figure she could recall with the Uzumaki name is Mito but that's because she was the First Hokage's wife and Kurama's former Jinchuriki.

So what exactly happened to her when that seal exploded? How is she connected to this world? Just thinking about it made her head hurt!

Her train of thoughts was interrupted by a loud caw as her Kusagai Crow landed on the floor. Putting her scroll down, she offered her arm out to the Crow, making the crow stand on her arm. "North-northeast! North-northeast! Your next mission is north-northeast! The four of you are going to Mt. Natagumo! Head to Mt. Natagumo!"

"Hai!" Nanami nodded, letting the crow down as she immediately packs up her stuff along with the scroll that Urokodaki gave her. Her Uniform was neatly folded at the side of the room as she put it on. She then put her long, red hair up in a ponytail and grab her nichirin sword. She was ready to go.
————————————————————————————————————————

"We're heading out now. Thank you for everything." Both Tanjiro and Nanami bowed in gratitude towards the kind old lady and the latter did the same as the group now donned in the demon slayer uniform, setting off to their next mission's location.

"Now then, for good luck." The elderly woman said. In her hands are stone and steel to which Nanami recalled that it was an old tradition called Kiribi. It was to send someone off by striking a stone and steel so that sparks fall on their backs, supposedly to keep the person safe from harm or injury.

"Thank you so much!" Tanjiro said as he, Zenitsu, and Nanami turn around with the exception of Inosuke. The old lady then strikes them causing sparks to fly from the rock which freaked the boar-headed, masked boy out.
"What do you think you're doing, old hag?" He exclaimed.

Immediately, both Tanjiro and Nanami held Inosuke down while Zenitsu stood in front of the old lady before Inosuke could attack the elderly woman.

"What are you doing, a moron? She's striking sparks for good luck! It's a purification ceremony! Because we're gonna go on a dangerous mission!" Zenitsu yelled at the top of his lungs.

After calming Inosuke down, the elderly woman bid her farewell to the group. "Always live your lives with great pride. I wish you luck in battle!"

Bowing with great gratitude, the group then heads out to their mission location. Inosuke glanced behind him as the elderly woman continue to bow her head until they left. As they ran through the wood with Nanami in the lead, followed by Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke behind him, the masked boy ponders about the old woman's words.

"'Great pride'? 'Luck in battle'? What does that mean?" Inosuke asked.

Zenitsu glanced behind him and thought, 'Jeez, this guy is totally clueless.'

Both Tanjiro and Nanami hummed at Inosuke's question. "Well, yeah, now that you mention it, it's kind of difficult. 'With great pride'... I guess it means that you know your place and that you behave properly so that you're never ashamed of yourself. How about you Nanami-San?" Tanjiro asked the red-haired woman.

"Well... It really depends on how you think about it, but I personally don't know its true meaning, dattebane." Nanami hummed. What the old woman said may have reminded her of Jiji, the Third Hokage, and his lectures. "But the old lady is also praying for our safety, dattebane."

"So, what is this 'place'? What do you mean, 'never ashamed'?" Inosuke asked more of his questions.

"Well, it's..."

"What exactly does it mean to 'behave properly'? Why in the hell would that old hag pray for our safety anyway? She has nothing to do with us. Then, why? She has no clue what her own place is, does she?"

With that said, both Nanami and Tanjiro were offended and sped off, leaving the two behind.

'They sped up!' Zenitsu thought. Noticing this, Inosuke started to run after them.

"I won't get beat!"

"Wait up!"
————————————————————————————————————————

The sun soon went down and the sky darkened. The location of their mission, Mt. Natagumo, let out an ominous air to it when the group arrived. Subconsciously, Nanami let her guard up.

"Hold up!" Zenitsu yelled. "Would you mind waiting a second?"

The three looked at him, rather puzzled on what is it now? "Zenitsu? What's wrong?" Tanjiro asked.

"I'm scared, all right?" Zenitsu whined, sitting on the ground and hugged his knees as tears fell out comically. "Now that we're nearing our destination, I'm so scared!"

Nanami sighed and Kurama groaned. They really don't want to deal with this again. "Why the hell is he sitting? How creepy is that?" Inosuke sarcastically remarked.

"Who are you to talk, Pig Face!" Zenitsu retorted, he then pointed the mountain behind them. "Don't tell me you're not getting any vibes from that mountain!"

They turn to look at the mountain behind them. While it looked majestic, there was something off about it. The air around it felt eerie, that it made Nanami shiver slightly. The three turn to look back at Zenitsu. "Still, what good will it do to just sit there, dattebane?" Nanami asked him.

"I told you, he's creepy."

"I am not in any way creepy! I'm normal! I'm the normal one! You guys are abnormal!" Zenitsu yelled, pointing accusingly at them. Before Nanami could speak, she sensed a chakra signature nearby, turning to look behind them. Tanjiro followed suit, his nose picked up a scent.

The notion concerned Zenitsu at their alarming behavior. "What? What's wrong? Hey..." he uttered.

"What is this smell?" Tanjiro uttered under his breath. Both Nanami and Tanjiro then took off, heading towards the mountain as Inosuke followed, along with Zenitsu. "Come on! Don't leave me here by myself!"

Getting closer to the mountain, there they saw a boy laying on the ground, wearing the same demon slayer corps uniform. The boy looked up, his eyes filled with fear as tears flowed down from his face. "H-Help me." He uttered.

"He's got our uniform on! He's a Demon Slayer! Something must've happened!" Tanjiro informed. Nanami quickly went to the boy's aid as the others followed after her.

"Hold up!" Zenitsu cried while running after the others despite being scared himself.

Nanami approached the boy, kneeling on the ground in front of him. "Hey! Are you alright? Please, tell me what happened." She asked him. She then froze, her blue eyes expanded when she saw the strings attached to his body with blue energy that seemed to be seeping out on the strings.

'That's—!' Before Nanami could even think about it, the boy was then pulled away into the dark forest of the mountain as he cried out. "They were attached to me, too! Help me!"

The others stood there in horror when they watched their fellow demon slayer being pulled into the depths of the forest. Nanami clenched her fist and her eyes narrowed, "I'm going in." She said, before she, too, entered the mountain, paying no mind of the malignant auras she sensed in the mountain.

Tanjiro was about to go after her when his nose caught a whiff of something that instantly made him froze, beads of cold sweat trickled down his face, his hands trembling slightly before curling them into a fist. His red eyes are now determined. There's no way he's leaving his elder sister figure to face whatever's inside there alone!

"I'm going too." Tanjiro said.

Inosuke then steps forward, bumping Tanjiro's shoulder. "I'll go on ahead. You can follow me, shivering. This is making me hungry." He said, his hands went to his clothed swords on his hips.

"Inosuke..." Tanjiro uttered, staring at him at the back while Zenitsu, on the other hand, sat on the ground, hugging his knees as he trembles and cry in fear. "This is challenging enough for you, right?" Zenitsu asked.

Inosuke let out a yell, feeling rather pumped about this before running inside the mountain with Tanjiro running behind him, leaving Zenitsu behind. "Let's go! I'm not gonna let Nadaki get ahead of me!" He yelled.
————————————————————————————————————————

In the meantime, Nanami ran through the forest, searching for the boy that got pulled into the mountain. There's a good chance that many other demon slayers are trapped in this mountain. However, something was amiss, she had a strong feeling in her gut that she couldn't quite place.

Sensing someone from the right, the red-head immediately stepped to the side before jumping forward, avoiding a sword that slices through the air where her head was supposed to be. She then avoids another sword about to slash her from the left by bending her back slightly before skipping away.

The moon now shone brightly above, revealing her attackers to be Demon Slayers. Their eyes were lifeless, indicating her that they're already dead. However, their bodies were moving abnormally. As if they were being controlled by something. Blue eyes glancing up to see the same blue energy that seeped out from the strings.

"Kurama, are you seeing this!?" Nanami communicated the giant nine-tailed fox while quickly pulling her sword out and block a sword coming at her.

"Yeah. I saw, kit." Kurama grumbles in reply. His red eyes trained at the strings that are seeping out chakra. Judging by the way how these bodies are controlled, it's similar to the Jutsu used by one of the Sand Siblings and the one from the Akatsuki. However, it's different. The chakra that was seeping out, it's merely strengthening the strings that are attached to them. He wonders...

Nanami blocked another sword before kicking them away. She then heard someone coming in as she held her sword in front of her in her stance when her blue eyes caught sight of another demon slayer. The fear was evident in his expression.

"Please... help." He uttered in a fearful tone. His body forcefully charged towards her with his sword up, ready to slash her as he closed his eyes. She immediately blocks the attack coming towards her before glancing at the others behind. Now that she focused closely, some of them are still alive, she can't hurt them!

"Cut the threads."

"Huh?"

"Are you deaf? I said cut the threads. Just trust me, kit." Kurama said.

With that, she pushed the slayer away. Channeling chakra into her sword and cut the threads above the demon slayers as one by one fell to the ground. She went to the demon slayer she met outside of the mountain, concern in her voice. "Are you alright?"

"Yes! Thank you so much!" He said, his voice held relief at being freed from the threads that controlled his movements, along with his allies.

"Can you move?"

The boy promptly nodded, standing up as Nanami sigh in relief. She looked back at the other demon slayers laying on the ground, Kurama's voice resounded in her mind. "Just as I thought. They're not like the chakra threads that were used for Kugutsu no Jutsu. These threads were merely enforced by chakra to strengthen the threads' mobility, similar but entirely different."

"I see..." Nanami thought to herself.

"Um..." She then turns her attention to the demon slayer. Other than the standard uniform of the Demon Slayer Corps, he possesses an athletic build, straight jet-black hair parted down the middle, and similarly colored eyes. "Thank you for saving me, um...."

"Uzumaki Nanami."

"Uzumaki-San. My name's Murata." He introduced himself. The two then started to walk through the forest, their hands on their swords in caution, none said a word as Nanami glanced around her surroundings that were filled with spider webs to which the redhead took some off that was stuck on her hair.

"Uzumaki-San." Nanami turns to Murata as they continued to walk. "Was there anyone with you when you came?" He asked.

"No, I was with three boys but we separated. I'm sure that they're here as well, dattebane." Nanami answered. Murata nodded when he heard something, he then crouched down followed by Nanami as they look around, their gazes wary of their surroundings when the red-haired woman sensed Tanjiro and Inosuke's chakra signature coming towards them from behind.

She turns her head to look at them, relief flashed in her eyes. "Tanjiro-kun! Inosuke-Kun!"

"Nanami-San!"

Murata immediately turns around to meet Tanjiro's red eyes as the burgundy-haired boy crouched with them. "We've come for backup. I'm Kamado Tanjiro, Rank Mizunoto." He said.

"Mizunoto..." Murata uttered, relieved at first but then he quickly realized. "Mizunoto? Why didn't they send a Hashira? No matter how many Mizunoto they send, it won't help! It's pointless!"

As soon as he said that, a fist landed on his face as Murata grunted. "Inosuke-Kun!" Nanami scolded him while Murata held his face in pain.

"Shut up! As far as pointlessness goes, your existence itself has no point at all!" Inosuke yelled. He then grabbed a handful of Murata's hair while Tanjiro held the boar-headed masked boy back. "Now, tell us what's going on, you spineless fool!"

"Who the hell is this guy? Did you forget I have seniority?" Murata said. He grabbed his hand that was holding his hair and attempts to pry it off, earning a tick mark on his face. "Th-The crow gave us the order! And ten of us Demon Slayers came here. Not long after we entered the mountain, the Slayers... The Slayers started killing each other! I... I..." Murata trailed off, closing his eyes as he recalled the events that transpired with his group to the three Mizunoto.
————————————————————————————————————————

"You did well to return." A soothing voice was heard as he gently held the panting Kasugai Crow in his hands. He sat at the front of his home where the moon illuminated from above, two girls with white hair with him. One sat beside him, while the other stood. "So, most of my children have been slaughtered? We might find the twelve Kizuki there, then. It seems I'll have to send in some Hashiras." He added, his tone turning serious.

The two girls looked behind the man where two figures sat. One was a certain male with a half and half Haori, while the other is a petite young woman with a pale complexion and large, compound-like eyes that lack pupils, only a haze of gradient purple, making her eyes appear similar to those of insects. She has shoulder-length wavy hair that fades from black into dark purple, usually styled at the back of her head into a flat 'yakai-maki' bun, fastened with a white and purple butterfly ornament. She has center-split, ear-length, voluminous curtain bangs that flow down to frame the sides of her face, with two slightly thinner chin-length locks of hair in front of her ears below them.

She wears the standard Demon Slayer uniform with gold buttons, consisting of a dark-purple tinted straight-lined black jacket and matching colored tabi socks and hakama pants, tucked into white butterfly pattern Kyahan fading into pale turquoise then pink around her lower legs, fastened with white ribbons. Over her uniform, she wears a white haori which has a butterfly wing pattern that fades into a pale turquoise then pink color on the sleeves and hem which are cuffed with a black and white dotted trim. She wears white zōri sandals with purple straps for footwear. What's notable was the smile on her face.

"Giyu... Shinobu..." the man uttered their names.

"As you wish!" Both of them answered simultaneously. They understood what is to be done.

Without glancing at the man beside her, Shinobu spoke, her smile still present on her face. "If only humans and demons could get along. Don't you agree, Tomioka-San?"

"Impossible..." Giyu said, not taking a glance at the petite woman beside him. "As long as demons eat humans."
————————————————————————————————————————

'I wonder if they hate me.' Zenitsu thought, sitting on the floor with his arms hugging his knees as he sat in front of the mountain. 'Would you really leave your friend by the roadside? Wouldn't you talk him through it if you were friends? If they tried to talk to me into going, I would've gone, okay? Sure I would. But no, off they went on their merry way up that scary mountain. Poor me left alone here...'

A chirping sound was then heard as Zenitsu's sparrow chirped beside him. Zenitsu looked down at his bird companion as the sparrow continued to chirp at him. If the bird could speak, it would've said, "Sulking isn't going to do you any good. You have to go help your friends now."

Alas, Zenitsu couldn't understand what his sparrow was saying as the boy sighed. "Lucky you, you don't have a care in the world. You don't understand a thing about humans, do you?" Zenitsu smiled slightly at the sparrow.

However, the sparrow was actually offended by the blonde boy's statement and bit his hand. Zenitsu screeched in pain at the sparrow. "Ouch, ouch, ouch! You're not cute at all! I mean it! Not that side of you! Seriously, you've got zero charm!" He yelled, pointing at the sparrow as the latter chirped angrily.

Zenitsu picked up the sparrow in his hands as the little bird turn its head away from him, still mad. "I mean, look how cute Nezuko-Chan is, and she's a demon! And let me tell you about Nanami-Chan! She may be scary at times but at least she's kind! But you're a sparrow, and you're so vicious!"

The blonde boy paused for a moment, now that he thinks of it Nanami went ahead of Tanjiro and Inosuke into the mountain, while Nezuko is inside the box with Tanjiro carrying it inside the mountain!

"He took Nezuko-Chan with him!" He exclaimed as he took off running inside. "Why did he have to take my precious Nezuko-Chan with him when he has Nanami-Chan! Damn Tanjiro! Don't take a young girl into danger! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!"

"NEZUKO-CHAN!"
————————————————————————————————————————

A subtle crackling sound was heard from the forest around them as they all went cautious and their senses on high alert. Nanami's eyes narrowed at the sound.

"What is this sound?" Tanjiro asked. Fear was evident on Murata's face, recognizing the sound, the very same sound when his fellow Slayers brought their sword upon each other.

"There it is again. It's this sound again! I heard this sound, and the next thing I knew, everyone started killing each other!"

"Where's it coming from?" Tanjiro questioned himself. They stood still for a moment, not moving a muscle. Nanami attempted to sense out the chakra on the area around them, if she wasn't able to sense the deceased chakra, she might as well sense out the chakra that was enforced on the threads.

As soon as she did that, she immediately turns to the side when she sensed it. "Over there." She informed as the three males look to where she was looking. Murata then gasped when he saw silhouettes of his fellow Slayers emerging from the darkness.

Murata, Tanjiro, and Nanami stood up. Blue eyes, narrowing at the threads controlling them. One of them started to run towards Nanami and tries to slice her but the redhead dodges them easily, seeing how slow it was. 'We need to find the demon before we get controlled.' Nanami thought, dodging another strike.

Another one came and tries to attack Inosuke, but the boy managed to dodge it as well as Tanjiro who observed their strange movements. "These guys are all morons! They don't know that it's taboo for us Demon Slayers to fight each other!" Inosuke exclaimed.

"No, that's not it! They're not moving normally! They're being manipulated by something!" Tanjiro exclaimed, dodging another slice.

"All right." Inosuke started unwrapping his swords from its confines. "I'm gonna slash them to ribbons!"

"You can't do that! They're alive! Some of them are still alive! Besides, we can't harm the corpses of our comrades!"

"Stop denying me at every turn!" Inosuke yelled, annoyed at the burgundy boy's refusal, and head-butted him on the stomach as Tanjiro let out a yelp.

Nanami dodged another attack, before turning briefly at the two. "Stop fighting, you two!" The redhead scolded before blocking a sword coming at her before pushed him off and knock him off his feet before slicing the threads off as Tanjiro and Inosuke helped Murata by knocking them down. "It's the threads! They're all being manipulated by the threads attached to their bodies! We need to cut the threads!"

Tanjiro nodded and draw out his sword as Inosuke charged at the group of Demon Slayers, jumping up above them as he quickly slashed off all of the threads behind them, setting them free whereas Tanjiro did the same, being careful to not cause them more injuries. Once the threads were cut off, the bodies fell to the ground.

"I already knew that before you caught on!" Inosuke exclaimed as Nanami looked at him blankly before stiffen when she felt something crawling on her right arm.

'Don't tell me...' Nanami thought, before looking down at her arm and sure enough, spiders are crawling onto her arm. If there's anything that she hated other than tomatoes, it's spiders. Instantly, she shrieked and started waving her arms violently to get the spiders off of her.

Surprised, Tanjiro immediately went to Nanami when she screamed. "N-Nanami-San! What's wrong!?"

"Spiders!" Nanami screamed, pointing at her right arm where the spiders are still latching onto her arm. Suddenly, her arm was then being tugged up and Tanjiro instantly slashes the threads off. However, this made him realize something. 'Spiders! So, the spiders are attaching them to the puppet strings? That's means...' Tanjiro's thoughts trailed off when he and Nanami saw the bodies getting up as the spiders quickly made their work in attaching their bodies.
————————————————————————————————————————

Meanwhile, far away from them, there sat a female demon. She was a relatively short and voluptuous woman in her 30's (or its demon equivalent). Has milky-white skin, teal eyelashes and nails, and circular, red facial markings. Additionally, she had bushy eyebrows and long, white hair parted down the middle of her face which was tied with teal orbs into two, thick strands.

She wore a lengthy, layered kimono — maroon on the inside layer and white on the outside layer — that exposed part of her chest and was tied with a patterned obi. She also donned a beaded necklace composed of teal and purple orbs and decorative anklets. She also goes barefoot and has black nail polish on her toenails; the lower front of the kimono is open, exposing her long legs.

Strings were attached to fingertips as concentration of blue energy was seeping out from them. The female demon giggled, smiling in delight. "Now then, my sweet little dolls... Dance until your arms and legs fall off."
————————————————————————————————————————

Nanami's eyes narrowed. "Looks like just cutting the strings won't be good enough, these spiders are just gonna stick more strings onto them, dattebane!"

Tanjiro was about to say something when his nose caught a whiff of an acrid scent as he immediately covered his nose at the irritating odor. 'That acrid smell again! What is it anyway? It's being carried here by the wind!' He thought, he then noticed the spiders about to crawl up to him as he immediately jumps away from it while Nanami stomped on them hard and jump away as well.

"So, all we gotta do is kill those damn spiders, huh?" Inosuke questioned, raising his sword as if he was ready to attack.

"That would be impossible. Those spiders are tiny, and I'm sure there's a ton of them! We gotta find the demon who's controlling them!" Tanjiro explained, not wanting to waste any more time. However, Inosuke didn't listen as he started stabbing the spiders.

"It's no good, Inosuke!" Tanjiro glanced over his shoulder to see what he was doing before evading another slash. An idea then pops up in his mind. "Nanami-San, can you sense out the demon's location?"

Nanami nodded. "I can, but I needed to focus on pinpointing them out, there's a lot of signatures that I'm sensing." She said.

"All right. Then just in case, Inosuke, if you have some kind of power that can pinpoint the demon's location, then help us out! This weird smell has been flowing in, and my nose isn't working great! And also, um..."

"It's Murata!"

"Murata-San! Murata-San and I will find a way to deal with the people being controlled! Inosuke, Nanami-San, you..."

"Tanjiro-Kun, above us!" Nanami warned as they look up to see a young boy. His skin is white, with red dots. His hair is light pink and bears resemblance to spider legs. The sclera of his eyes are red, while his irises are pale blue. His shadow looming over them, Nanami could see that he was standing on strings as the boy spoke in a monotone voice. "Don't disturb my family's peaceful life."

'He's floating! No. He's standing on the threads!' Tanjiro thought, gripping his sword. However, something boggles his mind. 'What did he mean by 'family'?'

"Mother will kill you all right away." He stated.

"Mother?" Nanami uttered, rather taken aback by what the boy said along with Tanjiro. They were sure that demons can't band together. However, Inosuke let out a war cry as he used one of the bodies of the Demon Slayers to jump up and attack the demon but it wasn't high enough. The demon stared at him for a second before he began to leave.

"Damn you! Where the hell do you think you're going? Fight me! Fight—" in a flash of red, Nanami catches him before he could fall on the hard ground.

"Be careful, dattebane!" Nanami said, before looking up to where the demon formerly stood. If what he said is true, then his 'family' are somewhere around the mountain.

"Why did he show up anyway?" Inosuke questioned.

"That kid probably isn't the demon pulling the puppet strings! So, first, let's..." Tanjiro referred to his plan before Nanami warned about the demon above them as he defends himself from the Demon Slayer's attacks.

"Okay, okay, okay! I hear you all right?" Inosuke said, dodging another slash before cutting the threads behind the Demon Slayer. "You want me to find where that demon's at, right? Shut up already, Forehead!"

"Inosuke-Kun," Nanami called as the boy turned to look at her while the redhead dodged another sword coming and cutting it off. "I'll pinpoint the other demons residing in the mountain. If what that boy said is true, then it's likely there are others somewhere. You just focus on finding—"

"Yeah, yeah, I know." He said. Stabbing both of his swords on the ground, his arms spread while kneeling on the ground as chanted underneath his breath. "Beast Breathing Seventh Form, Spatial Awareness!"

With this technique, his now searching through the forest for the demon's location using all of his senses before finally finding them a mile away. "Found it! There you are!"

Nanami on the other hand focused on sensing out the chakra signatures of the demon's family residing in the mountain until finally, she senses the familiar black mixed color signature. "Five signatures locked on." Nanami uttered.
————————————————————————————————————————

Somewhere in the mountain, the same demon stood on his strings as if overseeing the mountain himself. "I won't let anyone get in our way."

He raised both of his hands that have cobwebs above his head as he gazed at it, looking through the night sky, and declared, "The five of us are going to live in bliss as a family. No one can break our bonds."
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Hey everyone! So... it's been about a month since I last updated but just so you know, I'm doing my hardest to update as much as possible while balancing my personal life. I try to have workable schedule so that I can work on both books, along with my personal studies and life. Rest assured! I'll be working on the next chapter and try to finish it as soon as possible!

And here's a Taisho Secret:
-both Zenitsu and Inosuke freaked out when Nanami healed their ribs for the first time.
-When Nanami was young, Naruto may have pranked her with spiders before resulting in her having a phobia of spiders

So bye and stay awesome!😊 Peace Out!✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 227 14
☆------------------------------☆ This story talks about the life of a demon slayer who's only goal was to fix the relationship she had with her remai...
4.8K 218 31
This story follows the same cruel fate that was given to tanjiro but what if it was his sister nezuko? what if she was the one who survived and her b...
53.3K 1.5K 23
"Do you promise...?" "I promise..." Y/n, less than a quater demon, and more human then not, has been alone most of his entire life. Besides the Kamad...
30.8K 949 46
Sayake Uzumaki Uchiha the daughter of the twin sister of naruto Naruko Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha the older sister of Saya Uchiha being a Anbu she was...