Chapter 15: Something More Important than Life

"Damn insects! So infuriating!" The demon said. He tapped his tsuzumi on his left shoulder twice and the room rotates to the left twice just as how the demon tapped his tsuzumi on his left shoulder.

Tanjiro was able to find his footing and landed safely as he stared at the demon in an upside-down manner with a determined gaze, putting his chakra into the soles of his feet. The demon then taps his tsuzumi on his stomach. A gush of wind narrowly passes at Tanjiro's head as if unleashing a claw slash attack, which Tanjiro dodges by ducking his head to avoid the attack.

The demon taps the tsuzumi on his right shoulder, rotating the room to the right side as Tanjiro leaps to where it was rotated when he felt his chakra that he put on his feet started to nullify. 'The tsuzumi on his right shoulder flips the room right!' Tanjiro thought.

Just as the room rotated, the demon taps the tsuzumi on his left shoulder as Tanjiro rolls to the side to regain footing before leaping to where it was rotated again. 'The left one flips it left! Right leg forward spin! Left long backward spin!' Tanjiro noted in his mind.

The demon taps the tsuzumi on his stomach, unleashing his attack. Tanjiro immediately gains his footing before jumping up to avoid the attack, releasing the chakra from his feet to stick himself. 'The tsuzumi on his belly launches that claw attack!'

The demon continued to strike his tsuzumis at the same time making the room rotate more. However, Tanjiro immediately adapts the rotation of the room before jumping from above to slash the demon's head. The demon immediately strikes the tsuzumi on his stomach to stop the burgundy-haired boy by unleashing his claw attack on him as Tanjiro evaded the attack in mid-air.

'So fast! The speed of the rotations and attacks is devastating!' He thought. He briefly thought back to when he, Nanami, and Nezuko were with Tamayo and Yushiro. Nanami has some of her wounds treated and helped Tamayo by fastening Tanjiro's healing process, though not fully. Nezuko was playing with the bandages on the floor mat while Yushiro has that intimidating face with a knife in his hand. Nanami didn't have much time to heal both herself and Tanjiro as they need to go for their next mission immediately.

'Both Tamayo and Nanami-San treat my wounds, even if Nanami-San fastened the healing process somewhat, these injuries aren't fully healed yet! Can I beat him? Can I? These injuries hurt so bad, I can hardly stand it!'

His mind went back to when he, Nanami, and Zenitsu walked together as he twinges in pain but went unnoticed and held his right side, he made sure the Nanami didn't see him in pain. 'All this time, I've been enduring it! When I pulled Zenitsu off that girl since I know Nanami-San suffered more injuries than me, when I shouted out, I was enduring the most terrible pain! I bet Nanami-San felt the same thing too! I was able to withstand it because I'm the eldest son and didn't want Nanami-San to worry more about me when she should worry about herself! But I couldn't have if I were the second son!'

Back to the room where he's facing the demon as the room around them rotates with Tanjiro trying to gain his footing while also enduring the pain. He could feel the injuries that Nanami healed send waves of pain in his body like he was exerting force at some parts of his body that wasn't fully healed yet.'Whenever I dig in, the broken parts creak and I can't muster any strength. Also, this place seems to be canceling some of my chakra that I couldn't fully stick my feet and prevent myself from following alongside the rotation.'  Tanjiro thought.

The demon strikes the tsuzumi on his stomach again as Tanjiro immediately leaps upwards to avoid the attack as it left claw marks to where he once was. 'That demon's attack is leaving scars the look like claw marks. It scares me so much that I can't move an inch closer! Since I'm not at full strength, if I charge forward to get within striking distance, a flash of pain makes me stumble! I'll get sliced into rings!'