Chapter 16: The House with the Wisteria Family Crest

"Knock it off!" Tanjiro yelled as he rushed towards the boar-headed, masked boy in rage, throwing his first back before landing a punch in the abdomen. The sound of ribs cracking was heard for Zenitsu's sensitive ears to hear as the masked boy was sent away, grunting even.

"He broke his bones!" Zenitsu exclaimed. Nanami stood up from the ground after rupturing the ground with one finger as she walking to Zenitsu's side, leaving Tanjiro with the boar-headed, masked boy.

Tanjiro looked at him, absolutely furious at the masked boy, holding his fist up. "Aren't you a member of the Demon Slayer Corps? Don' you get why Zenitsu refuses to draw his sword? It's because it's taboo for us to draw our swords on each other for no reason! But here you are, giving him a one-sided beat down! Is that fun for you? You're the lowest of the low!" Tanjiro scolded.

Nanami looked at him, raising a brow and tilting her head a bit. 'Didn't you also break the taboo?' She thought, before shrugging her shoulders. She only ruptured the ground to stop the masked boy from beating Zenitsu more so, the masked boy wasn't hurt.

The masked cough under his mask at first before laughing, maniacally. "Oh, so that's why? My bad." He said before lifting his head. "In that case, let's fight barehanded." He coldly challenged.

Tanjiro was flabbergasted at the masked boy's challenge. "No! I don't think you get it at all! First..." Before Tanjiro could explain, the masked boy flips himself up quickly and charges towards the burgundy-haired boy as the latter tried to explain. "We're not supposed to fight each other, period!"

However, his words fell into deaf ears as the masked boy attacked him, launching his punches on the burgundy-haired boy. Tanjiro quickly evaded his punches whilst trying to reason with the masked boy. "Fighting barehanded doesn't make it all right! Listen to me!"

The masked boy lunged at Tanjiro, wrapping his legs around his head as he spun his body before throwing him away and launched a kick at him. Immediately, Tanjiro evades the kick by leaning his back a bit.

Nanami was impressed at the masked boy's relentless attacks, observing the way the masked boy moves. If anything it's almost akin to that of a four-legged beast! Zenitsu watches in disbelief, surely he heard his bones crack, and yet he's still moving relentlessly. 'Look at him! How can he move like that? I mean Tanjiro just busted some of his ribs.'

"Are you okay, Zenitsu-Kun?" Nanami asked, kneeling on the ground, meeting him at eye-level. Her voice laced with concern as she saw the blood on Zenitsu's nose and bruises.

"Hai. I'm fine, Nanami-Chan." Zenitsu replied.

Nanami frowned slightly, her brows furrowed as she rummages through her pocket only to take out her handkerchief. "Stay still." She told him before proceeding to wipe the excess blood away from Zenitsu's face. Her hands held gentleness and care while wiping the blood off. In all honesty, she was reminded of her twin brother. She would see Naruto covered in bruises and blood, seeing as they only have each other growing up, she was always the one who tries to treat his injuries with only the basic first-aid that she knows.

When they were young, Naruto was mostly the one who stood in harm's way to protect his only sister especially on the day of their birth when the villagers would be aggressive.

While Zenitsu's sat there, his body froze and his eyes blink several times before smiling at himself, seeing the pretty red-haired woman putting much care on his face. 'Ah, Nanami-Chan's touch is so gentle and soft! My heart is so touched!'

"You're not thinking anything strange, are you?" Nanami questioned him, impassively at the goofy smile on the blonde boy's face. Zenitsu quickly denied her assumption, also reminded of how she could destroy the ground with her terrifying monster strength. He does not dare to anger her at all. "N-No! No! I'm not thinking anything strange at all!"