little santiago (shadowhunter...

By -starrywriting

For Elizabeth Santiago, family is everything. More

0. DESCRIPTION + CAST
I. MUNDANE
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen

chapter two

2.3K 64 2
By -starrywriting

c h a p t e r t w o ; rescue mission

Elizabeth had been grounded. It seemed childish because her two best friends couldn't be grounded, because they were both legally adults and their parents rarely grounded them either. Elizabeth was still seventeen and was going into her senior year of high school in three weeks.

Elizabeth stared at her ceiling. No one had answered her emails (that she sent from her tablet she had gotten back in junior high) because that was the only way she could get a hold of Simon and Clary. Her phone was in her father's car while he went to visit his mother at the nursing home. Elizabeth declined to visit. She wanted to wallow in her own self pity.

But this was all a week ago, her sentence was almost up. Simon had eventually responded to her many emails, and sent his apologies. He felt it was his fault she was grounded, she told him it wasn't. She couldn't blame Simon.

"I need school supplies," Elizabeth stated as she walked into her families living room. "Simon's taking me, and I will be back before dinner."

"You'll be back sometime after midnight again," Elizabeth's brother, Manuel, stated. Elizabeth glared at her older brother.

"Do you need any money, mija?" Elizabeth's dad asked. Elizabeth shrugged, not wanting to say yes or no. He pulled out his wallet and handed over a hundred dollar bill to his daughter.

"Dad, I need school supplies too," Manuel added.

"Mijo, you already graduated high school and we're already paying for your college," their dad responded. Elizabeth laughed, before giving her dad a hug.

Elizabeth's phone dinged and she read the text.

simon: we have plans tonight. Ask if you can spend the night at Clary's. It's important.

Elizabeth responded back with an 'okay'. She met her mother in the kitchen. It was a Saturday, so everyone was home from work. "Mom, I was going to go get some school supplies but Clary just texted and wanted to do a sleepover with me, her, Maureen and Simon before we all get busy with school. Can I stay at Clary's tonight? Her mom's always there, and I think Luke has been staying over, too. He's the cop-"

"I want you to text me every hour. And before you go to sleep, and when you wake up," her mother gave in. "I trust you, but you're still my little girl."

"Thanks, mom," she hugged her mother. Did Elizabeth feel bad for lying? A little bit, but she was happy to get out of the house. It was less than two weeks for her eighteenth birthday, but three weeks until her senior year started.

Simon knocked on the front door, and was greeted by Manuel. "Lizzie, it's your nerdy boy friend!"

"Hello to you, Manny," Simon responded. "Hi, Mr and Mrs Santiago. Clary and Maureen are-"

"See you guys later! Los quiero mucho!" Elizabeth interrupted grabbing Simon by the arm leading him out of the apartment before he could ramble and spill whatever he wanted to keep a secret.

"Thank you," Simon said. "Your parents scares me. Your brother, not so much."

"He's more annoying than anything. Now, what's so important?"

"Clary's missing, and so is her mom," Simon said when they sat in his van. "I tracked Clary's phone but I haven't went there yet. It's an abandoned church."

"Ay, dios mio. Really, Si? I'm not going to an abandoned church, that's where the demons are," Elizabeth responded.

"Clary's our best friend, she could be in trouble. You can either join me, or tell your parents you lied about going to Clary's house."

"You know what. Screw you, Simon Lewis. Let's go get possessed by some rogue demons," Elizabeth said. "I'm kidding by the way! Unless it actually happens, then I'll tell you that I told you so."

Elizabeth and Simon walked up towards the abandoned church. It was definitely creepy, but Clary's phone was ringing and after many tries she finally picked up.

"Oh my god, Clary. Are you okay?" Elizabeth asked into her phone microphone.

"Clary, we tracked your phone. Is there a meth problem you're not telling us about?" Simon questioned. Elizabeth gave him a face. "Are you inside that abandoned church?"

"There's a lot to explain, I can't tell you over the phone. I'll meet you two outside," Clary hung up.

"What was that?" Elizabeth questioned. She was worried, Simon was, too. Clary had supposedly been missing since the night before, and she was freaking out the day before. Simon barely knew what was going on, so that mean Elizabeth barely knew what was going on.

"Simon! Liza!" Clary called out rushing out of the church. Elizabeth stepped back realizing Clary wasn't wearing her usual clothes, she was wearing skintight, black and short clothes. Clary screamed, and both Elizabeth and Simon looked to where Clary was staring. Nothing was there. "Please show yourself to them, so they don't think I'm crazy."

"Sorry," Elizabeth turned to the stranger's voice. A blonde guy covered in tattoos held a pen to a glowing tattoo. "You two are lucky you weren't killed."

"Simon, I told you this church was filled with demons!" Elizabeth responded, slapping his shoulder.

"Actually, I just killed the demon that was going to attack you mundanes," the blonde guy said. "You're welcome by the way."

"Can we go back in?" Clary asked the blonde guy. He led the three in, Simon caught up to Clary trying to make sense of this whole thing. Elizabeth followed behind.

The stepped into the church, it was definitely abandoned. Until it wasn't. People were walking around technology looking on the screens. Working. Training. Elizabeth looked around in awe.

"You're bringing in more mundanes?" A tall dark hair guy walked up to the blonde guy. "I think one's enough, Jace."

"Mundanes? What are mundanes?" Elizabeth whispered to Clary.

"Mundanes are mortals with no angelic or demonic powers, humans," the blonde- Jace explained.

"So like muggles or No-Maj?" Elizabeth asked. No one responded, but Simon who agreed with her.

"I'm just saying, it's strange that Clary saw us that night. And the seraph blade lit up when she held it. She can't just be a mundane," Jace told the taller guy.

"Why are you talking about me like I'm not here? My mother is missing, and I need help finding her!" Clary shouted.

"Jace, I'd quiet down your girlfriend if I was you," a girl walked up to the group. She had a smile on her face, her long black hair cascaded down her back. She had matching tattoos like Jace and the other guy. "More mundanes, too?"

"I prefer muggle," Elizabeth jokingly whispered to Simon.

"Isabelle, this is Simon and Elizabeth," Clary introduced everyone. "And the tall guy, who clearly doesn't like me is Alec."

"Ah, Alec doesn't like anyone. I wouldn't take it to heart," Isabelle continued. "Not much of a people person, are you big brother?"

"Would someone explain to me what's going on?" Simon asked.

"I'd like to know, too." Elizabeth added.

"We don't owe any mundanes an explanation. Especially since we need to figure out why she can see us without us showing ourselves to you," Jace said.

"You guys are all crazy!" Elizabeth said. "I'm going home and-"

"Good luck with that," Alec interrupted. "If you or your little friends leave, there are plenty more demons waiting to attack you. It pains me to say, you're better off staying here until we figure out why your friend can see us."

"We can see you, too," Elizabeth pointed out.

"We're allowing you to see us," Alec said. "Big difference." He towered over Elizabeth, but he only reminded her of her older brother.

"We need to talk to Hodge," Jace walked towards a training room, Clary behind him. Elizabeth stayed put, Alec's eyes never left her. She felt uncomfortable.

"Those are cute shoes," Elizabeth commented on Isabelle's shoes. "Are you going out?" Isabelle was wearing heels, high heels.

"These old things? Just waiting until danger calls," Isabella responded. "Nothing less than seven inches, it's a personal motto."

"What is it you guys actually do?" Simon asked.

"Keep mundanes safe," Alec stated.

"Thanks for that very specific answer," Simon responded. "Not much of a charmer, huh?"

"We need to go see the silent brother's. They're the only ones able to help us get into Clary's memories," Jace said as he walked up to the group. "We need to go now. The faster we get there, the faster we find out answers."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 1.1K 27
Based on the TV show and it has a few bits from the books included in it too! When Alec, Izzy, Max and Jace's sister gets stripped of her runes and f...
1.5M 35.8K 30
"I saw a girl with eyes like fire. I had to look away. She was swearing like a sailor. And demanding her own way. " [Alec Lightwood]
31.3K 589 99
Requests are closed Jace,Simon,Magnus,Raphael,Alec,Sebastian,Izzy,Maia,Clary
30.5K 500 21
Alec x Clary (Shadowhunters)