Devils in the Details โ€ขJasper...

By DreamOn51

"๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ž" Willow Grace Davis is a sophomore at Forks High School, liv... More

โ€ขCastโ€ข
๐‘ƒ๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘”๐‘ข๐‘’
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 1
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 2
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 3
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 4
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 5
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 6
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 7
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 8
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 9
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 10
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 11
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 12
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 13
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 14
Chแฅฒฯtแฅฑr 15
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 16
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 17
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 18
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 19
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 21
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 22
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 23
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 24
Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 25
ฮฃฯฮนlฯƒgฯ…ฮต

Chฮฑฯฯ„ฮตr 20

2.1K 79 78
By DreamOn51

""𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚢."

Willow's living room was set up with air mattresses and bowls full of snacks. Charlie was outside fixing steaks, hamburgers, and grilled veggies. Paul's birthday was always made into a grand celebration at the Swan/Davis house. Even if it was a simple get together it was always a big deal to all of them. Just as Willow was bringing in the tray of cooked hamburgers the door swung open and Paul walked in.

"Happy birthday!" Willow set the tey down and sprinted to her friend. He caught her in his arms when jumped for a big bear hug.

"Thank you Lola!" Paul laughed and held her tight for just a moment before he set her back down on her feet.

"Steak Paul?" Charlie called from the back door.

"Absolutely." Paul answered just as the others started walking in the door. Marshall walked straight up to him and wrapped his arms around Paul's waist.

"You look handsome." Marshall muttered before he stood on his toes and kissed Paul sweetly.

"Eww, get a room." Quil yelled from the doorway.

"Grow up." Leah smacked the back of his head.

"You first." Embry stuck his tongue out at Leah.

"Very mature." Leah rolled her eyes and stepped past the two of them. A tap on the door made Willow's eyes pop back to see Jane and Matthew walking in.

"Ding dong! We come bearing cake." Jane gestured to Matthew who was holding the large white cake box. Matthew walked in and sat the box on the counter taking the lid off to reveal beautiful layered cake

"Ohh that looks good!" Maya squealed looking at the marbled icing effect, gold running down the side. "Who made that?

"I did." Matthew smiled proudly.

"My love bug has real talent." Jane wrapped her arms around him from behind.

"All you happy couples make me sick." Maggie grumbled as she grabbed a soda from the fridge.

"No Jasper tonight?" Leah jumped up on the counter with her legs swinging.

"No, he has a family to get together." Willow answered as she put some cheese on the hamburgers.

"What movie are we watching first?" Maya turned her attention to Paul who was leaning against the entryway to the living room with Marshall attached to his hip.

" 'Interview With a Vampire'. It's older and cheesy but I kind of like it." Paul explained with a shrug.

"You like it because I like it." Marshall looked up with a look of disbelief. "It's your birthday.

"And for my birthday I want to make you happy. " Paul leaned forward and pressed his lips to Marshall's forehead.

"I'm going to puke." Maggie gagged and leaned against the counter by Leah.

"I think it's sweet." Maya smiled.

"You think everything is cute." Embry teased and the conversation carried on to the kitchen.

Willow wiped her hands off on a towel and knocked a few strands of loose hair out of her face. She grabbed Paul's hand and drug him away from the others to the bottom of the stairway. She grabbed the small box wrapped in colorful wrapping in a bow off the stairs.

"Here." Willow pushed the box into his chest.

"I said no gifts." Even as Paul said the words he took the gift from her hand.

"Well you're going to love this one." Willow chewed on her bottom lip as she watched him pull back the wrapping. The look on his face when he opened the box was worth the price of gift.

"Where did you get this?" Paul pulled the black string necklace with a silver token out of the box.

"I asked Jacob to make it. I think he did pretty good." Best 80 dollars Willow ever spent.

"Jacob has some amazing talent."Paul held the silver pendant in his hand, his fingers tracing the wolf outline.

"It's inspired by the stories your dad used to tell us." Willow watched him as he examined the necklace. "About the creation of your tribe."

"Those were always my favourite." Paul's lips pulled up slightly at the memories.

"You know Maggie said she blessed this." Willow laughed when his head popped up in surprise.

"How?" Paul demanded.

"I have no idea but it's supposed to be lucky." Willow stated with a shake of her head.

"I better never take it off then." Paul slipped the necklace over his head with a smile.

"Foods ready!" Charlie yelled with a tray of steaks and vegetables in his hands.

The crew spent a good hour eating, joking, and just talking. They helped Charlie clean up before they ate some of the cake. When time came to watch the movie Charlie said his good nights and headed to his bedroom.

When they put on the movie they all made themselves comfortable in the living room. Marshall and Paul laid on one of the air mattresses. Maya, Maggie and Willow were sprawled out on the couch. Leah was laid back in the recliner while Embry and Quil had a blanket fort made on the ground beside her. Jane and Matthew shared the other air mattress.

Willow had seen 'Interview With a Vampire' a few years ago but watching it now was like watching evidence unfold. The pale cold skin, the unnatural beauty, the quick reflexes, and the way they talk. Like they were from another time and they were.

Willow could count on one hand how many times she had seen any of the Cullens eat. Vampires with abilities caught her attention too. Maybe there was a way to manipulate emotions. That would explain why her emotions would drastically change sometimes around Jasper. Maybe all of them had gifts.

"I swear that guy can read minds."

It's impossible. It was illogical. It's irrational.

But it might be true.

"Where are you going?" Maggie asked when Willow quietly climbed from the couch, stepping around the fort to the stairs.

"My room. I just remember that I didn't put my paint up." Willow whispered before she scurried up the stairs. Her heart felt like it was beating out of her chest when she sat down at her computer.

Willow considered what to search for. Nothing was going to tell her that vampires do existence and if she asked someone they would think she was crazy. Willow fingers lightly taped the keys as she thought of racking her brain for some kind of proof. Finally Willow settled on searching for Jasper Hale. When nothing came up she tried his middle name, Jasper Whitlock Hale.

The image that pulled made Willow want to puke. Jasper Whitlock's was in a family portrait from the 1950's. But it wasn't just him. Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, Edward, and another girl with brown skin and short hair was in the photo. They had different last names for every single one of them, but It was clear that it was the same people. They looked exactly the same as they do now.

Her suspicions were correct.

"Holy shit." Willow mumbled and staggered back from her chair. "They're vampires."

****

Willow spent all night debating what to do with the information. She puked several times and a part of her thought that she was crazy. But her instincts were telling her that she was correct. The proof she found was undeniable but the main issue was Jasper. She was in love with him and she knew this would change everything.

For worse or for better she didn't know. She just hoped she was right. It was late afternoon when she invited Jasper over. The others had left and Charlie had left to go fishing giving Willow time and a space to put forth her plan. Jasper knocked on the door before he let himself in, Willow's heart skipped a beat. For a moment she debated not going through with her plan.

"Where's Charlie?" Jasper stepped closer to her but Willow sidestepped him to refrigerator

"He went fishing with Henry Clearwater." Willow explained grabbing the tub of leftovers. "You want a leftover hamburger?"

"No. Thank you." Jasper stepped even closer, putting his hand on the counter beside her. "Willow, are you alright?" The concern in his voice caused the nervous feeling in her to grow.

"I'm just fine." Willow lied, putting the bowl back, adjusting the knife in her sleeve. "I watched an interesting movie last night. It's older, a cult classic, you know?"

"What movie?" Jasper raised his brow and followed Willow into the entryway.

"'Interview with a Vampire'." Willow turned back to face him, searching his face for any sign of lying.

"I've never seen that movie." Jasper's face was expressionless and his eyes shifted to her arm.

"Do you believe in mythical creatures?" Willow tilted her head and stepped towards him.

"I guess it depends." Jasper raised a brow and gave her that famous smirk. "I don't believe in unicorns."

Willow snapped into motion. She rushed into him, shoving his hard body into the wall. Willow was surprised that he moved at the small amount of force she used. Her left arm pinned his torso back and her left hand held a knife to his throat.

A little drastic maybe.

"What are you?" Willow demanded, her grip firm on the knife.

"You know, this is actually very sexy." Jasper's tone was teasing his golden eyes looking down at her. He wasn't tense or afraid at her outburst nor did he try to get out of her grip.

"What are you?" Willow repeated, ignoring the need to puke.

"Are you going to stab me?" Jasper asked with his brow cocked and his tilting slightly.

Willow was beginning to lose her patience. Her cheeks were flushing red and her ears felt like we're bruing. Partly out of embarrassment. If she was wrong she was probably about to lose the best relationship she ever had.

"What are you?!" Willow screamed and pressed the harder into his throat.

"You tell me." Jasper's tone lost it's sarcasm and his eyes seemed to narrow, "You seem to have figured it out."

"A vampire." Willow spoke with a breathy whisper.

"What makes you think that?" Jasper seemed surprised for just a flash of a moment before he regained his composure.

"Your skin is freezing. Your eyes turn black." Willow stated it like it was obvious.

"Contacts." Jasper stated plainly.

"Don't give me that bull shit." Willow spat at him, her anger flaring again. "You talk like you're from the 1800's. You said your heart didn't beat."

"It was a joke." Jasper scoffed.

"You move faster than any human can." Willow tilted her head. "I found a picture of you from the 1950'as. You're well preserved."

"It's a good theory." Jasper laughed, "How are you going to prove it?" His eyes narrowed in a challenge. The beautiful eyes that she loved dearly. Silently she hoped he'd forgive her for this.

"Like this." Willow jerked her hand back with the knife and drove the blade into his chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 686 28
"You'll be mine and I'll be yours." When the Cullens left a part of Willow's heart went with them. After a terrifying experience in Italy Willow find...
131K 2.8K 22
Fifteen year old Maddie Hunter lost her parents when she was five years old due to a house fire. She was saved from sharing the same fate and was pla...
113K 1.8K 42
Kennedy Arielle Davis just moved to Forks, Washington. Follow her on her journey through love, loss, and heartache as she falls for a certain honey-b...