Lost Luna

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritag... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Hello
COPYRIGHT PAGE
announcement ~ Wattpad Originals & YONDER
Readers Views
miserable
champagne
fall
coffee
mate
shift
leave
new
forest
doctor
friend
hard work
problems
afire
suspicion
breaking point
control
lonesome
transform
green
dance
blur
headache
dominance
bewilderment
hold
office
barren
lyra
whistle
sunset
BONUS ~ mate
nervous
shirt
traveller
a while
raw
BONUS ~ interest
BONUS ~ intervene
feeling
caged
quiet
BONUS ~ uncertain
rain
raven
ally
thoughts
cold
warmth
story
brother
anger
revelation
phone call
gaia
takeover
plan
curious
sleep
BONUS ~ close
blood
goodbyes
pack
BONUS ~ protect
north
anxious
cowardly
fear
BONUS ~ unconsciousness
reality
stealth
attack
revenge
embrace
heal
consolation
safe
castle
royal
serve
peaceful
tension
case
stranger
empathy
BONUS ~ pleasure 18+
reassurance
strong
death
BONUS ~ challenge
honour
BONUS ~ travels
grateful
thankful
morning
abilities
desire
BONUS ~ desire 18+
mated
happy
Sequel updates
New Cover!
the series continues

BONUS ~ care

164K 5.8K 1.4K
By XDeafening_SilenceX

verb ~ feel affection or liking to; attach importance to something

PHOENIX

After the scans, we sent Nova back into the now warm hospital room. I stayed with her; sitting her head in my lap seemed to calm Ares. He wanted to go rip a storm up and kill every last rogue wolf he could find. But in this position, I could feel every breath she made and the thrumming of her heart as she slept.

She had been in hospital for a few hours now; it was around nine but I hadn't left. The hospital was getting busier since I saw flashes of people passing by the foggy door.

A knock sounded and Kate walked in with Nova's paperwork on a clipboard. "How is she?"

"Warmer," I muttered, stroking her hair.

She nodded and stood beside the heart monitor, checking the drip bags too. "She's doing fine thankfully. Her vitals look good. The medicine and steroids I've given her should help wake her wolf as it did to Gamma Sean. Speaking of... he got the news that she had been found."

I raised an eyebrow. "He did?"

"Beta Charlie doesn't seem to know what secrecy is." She smiled awkwardly.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "Just Sean I hope, I don't need a million wolves storming in here."

Her eyes darted to the door and I noticed the apprehension in her features.

"What?"

"Well... he is here... as are his sister, her mate and Beta Charlie." She blushed.

I groaned and shook my head. "I'll speak to them once I know she's definitely going to be okay."

She nodded and turned her attention back to the clipboard. "Well, from the top. Her ankle is fractured but we already knew that hence the cast. A couple of ribs are fractured too, but mainly bruising and swelling. Her shoulder had been dislocated again, the same one that was injured previously but I have popped that back in already... There's severe trauma to her skull and jaw, it... looks like she had been beaten."

I growled and forced myself to remain calm through deep breaths. "So now what?"

"We hope the antidote kicks in, we get her dressed and hope she stays warm, and that her heart rate stays steady. Getting her through the night is a priority." She explained.

"Would my blood help?" I asked.

"It would. I have the supplies right here." She gestured to a nearby drawer, already prepared.

"Take as much as you need," I grumbled, holding my arm out for her.

She grinned and began to set up a tray of the instruments needed. Blood sharing was a sacred thing, something that shouldn't be taken lightly. I barely felt the prick of the needle as she began, my attention never away from the wonder in my arms. She was so strong...

I eventually felt the needle pull away and Kate smiled in thanks. She began to organise and hook it up to a cannula on Nova's elbow. It took a while as Nova's veins were weak, no doubt from malnourishment and her blood loss. Once it was hooked up, she sighed in relief.

"One bag should do it." She smiled.

I inhaled deeply again and close my eyes. I didn't want to do this, but the growing crowd outside, could not be ignored.

I looked at Kate. "Can you and stay with her whilst I go speak to everyone?"

Her gaze softened and she nodded. I began to slide out from under Nova, laying her head onto the pillow gently. She didn't move or stir, her body falling into the comfort of the bed. I sighed and gave her one last glance before leaving the room.

I made my way to the small waiting room, scratching at the nape of my neck. I felt anxious about leaving her but knew she was in safe hands and monitored well. Kate spoke of setting up a brain activity monitor too so we can see when she regains consciousness.

As I turned the corner the group of them immediately stood to their feet and rushed to me. I held my hand up to silence them, my head aching already. When I looked up at them, I watched as they all breathed out in sync.

"What are you all doing here?" I asked.

They all turned to look at Charlie who shuffled on his feet. He nervously chuckled and avoided my gaze for a moment.

"I felt they needed to know." He shrugged.

I sighed and went to sit down in a chair, my head in my hands. "I understand. I'm sorry for not telling you."

Sean came and sat beside me, clapping his hand on my back. "It's okay. It's a lot to take in."

I nodded, raising my head to look at him. I still felt hostile towards him for being too touchy with Nova. But at this moment, I was glad she had so many people caring for her.

My eyes turned to her brother and Molly. Their mating mark seemed to mock me as it sat upon their neck. Molly's eyes brimmed with tears as she clung to her mate's arm.

"I-is she okay?" She whispered.

I shrugged and leaned back, crossing my arms. "She's stable for now. She had hypothermia from the storm and the fact Alex found her nude, but it's under control for now. She was blue and drenched from the cold. We think she's in a coma of sorts, her body is not reacting to anything."

"There's an 'and' coming isn't there?" Charlie grumbled on my other side.

I sighed and nodded. "She's showing signs of trauma. She had some scans and she's on having a blood transfusion. Broken foot, ribs, shoulder... her face is black and blue, and her wolf is barely holding on. She's there, she's just so weak so Nova is healing like a human. Kate ran some tests and it's the same combination they gave you, Sean."

He growled from next to me, his fists clenching in anger. "Can I see her?"

I tensed, a grumble of my own forming in my throat. "I don't know if my wolf would allow that whilst she's unconscious."

'Damn right I don't. She's mine.' Ares snapped.

I saw him sag beside me, a sad look crossing his features and I felt partially guilty. I knew he was her friend, but Ares was feeling too overprotective of her fragile state.

I sighed, demanding Ares to calm down. "If you do not approach her bed or look at her in a way other than a friend, you may come in."

He swallowed, his eyes widening in fear. He knew that I knew he had feelings for her, and that scared him. He knew what kind of wolf I was, so he needed to tread lightly. So, knowing my threat, he bared his neck and nodded in submission.

"What if I went in too?" Leo asked.

I hummed and let Ares observe him since he had not truly met him before. I kept my gaze on him just as he tried to keep mine. I could feel Ares rising to the situation, my vision becoming sharper. Leo swallowed and finally looked away in submission.

Ares grumbled and back down. 'I'll accept that.'

"That should be fine." I nodded, and I turned to the others. "You guys too."

Molly smiled gently and bowed her head. I pushed myself up from the chair and began to walk away, knowing they'd be on my heels. I paused at her door and turned to look down at them once more. They hesitated, not knowing what I was going to do, avoiding looking me in the eye. I inhaled deeply and opened the door.

My eyes immediately found the hospital bed with Nova in the same position, only this time she was clothed in a gown. The sight and smell of her calmed me instantly. I heard Molly inhale sharply behind me, her heart rate stutter in surprise. She stayed silent though, the only sound was the monitors beeping and humming.

"She's really here," Leo whispered.

I smiled sadly and brushed by them to make my way over to her bed. Just being able to see her settled my nerves; her faint scent calmed my erratic heart. I sighed and slid my way back to where I was previously; behind her, taken her pillow's place with her head in my lap.

I brushed her hair to the side before looking up at the others in the room. Kate blushed and excused herself from the room, but the others just stared at me wide-eyed. Charlie was the first to break, a sly smirk crossing his features when he saw how I was positioned.

"Don't," I warned.

"Aw come one. I was just-"

"Don't," I warned. "Don't say it."

He chuckled and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Say what?"

"You know," I grumbled.

He cocked his head with a grin. "I do? Oh, was it about how you're whipped already? You never give your blood away either."

The others snickered a laugh, even Sean despite his grey mood. I growled at him, offended he would think so low of me. I wasn't whipped, I was just caring for my mate... I had done a lot of thinking about her being gone; it was about time I sorted myself out.

When the laughter died down, Molly carefully walked over to the bedside. I had never seen her so timid and quiet before as she stood beside me. I eyed her warily but her eyes were filled with tears.

"Oh Sherbet." She sighed, her hand coming to rest on Nova. "I'm so glad you're back."

Her mate approached her but stood a few feet behind when Ares growled. He was such a protective bastard, but he was so dominant that I struggled to force him back sometimes. His need to protect his mate was too strong.

"Is she able to hear?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Not sure. I don't think so, her body doesn't even jolt when she's moved."

He sighed and just nodded mutely. All of them held a frown, even Charlie was quiet now. Once the tension died down I relaxed my back muscles and sighed when Ares finally backed off.

"Find a seat," I grunted.

Their eyes widened but they did without any further hesitation. They gathered around a small coffee table and turned on a nearby TV for background noise. I think Leo mainly did it to hide the sound of his mate's sniffles.

"How long do we reckon until she's aware?" Charlie asked, standing near the bed.

I frowned. "I'm not sure. Kate wants to monitor her closely through the day but hopefully, her wolf pulls through."

He mutely nodded. "Well, I'm glad she's back Phoenix."

"Me too," I muttered.

He chuckled and stared down at Nova in wonder. "That girl holds all the power right now and yet she doesn't even realise it."

I grinned and gazed down at her sleeping face. She was so peaceful and warm; it soothed me to know she was okay.

"I better go back to the pack house if you're staying here." He straightened up, back to being serious and I turned my attention to him. "Let me know when anything changes?"

I nodded. "Of course. Thanks, Charlie."

He smiled as he walked away. "See you guys."

The room fell into a comfortable silence, and I sighed in contentment. I finally allowed myself to relax, blocking out the sounds of the chatter in the corner. I focused on the thrumming of her heart and the deep, long breaths through her nose. She never once moved otherwise, peaceful as an angel.

I hoped when she woke, she wouldn't be traumatised, but her soft caring heart can only take so much. My Nova was delicate in a way, and I hoped she would pull through.

I couldn't wait to see her blush, to smile with her little dimple. I couldn't wait to hear her soft voice or the angelic chiming of her laugh. I couldn't wait to see her tending to her garden, cursing every single weed and bug before feeling guilty and apologising for cursing at them. She deserved the world and nothing less, and I wished and hoped I could give it to her.

••••••

You guys loved Phoenix P.O.V so much so I figured another wouldn't hurt whilst Nova is asleep.

Question of the Day:
What do you all think of Molly?
Is she a good character to you?

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 © XDeafening_SilenceX on Wattpad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

614K 20K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...
498K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
2.4M 75K 46
Cover by @auroralust This book is available on Goodreads under this title Elora Reed has spent the majority of her life being beaten, abused and scre...
2.7M 75.3K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...