Misery loves company

By anonymouswriter27_

After Sheldon has an accident and is fighting for his life Amy,his friends and family has to find a way to li... More

Chapter 1: Ohana means family
Chapter 2: Time waits for no one
Chapter 3: Two parts of one whole
Chapter 5: I keep coming back to you
Chapter 6: The night before the day
Chapter 7: My home is always with you
Chapter 8: We need people sometimes
Chapter 9: Crying is the best medicine
Chapter 10: Fighting for you
Chapter 11: Deny,Deny,Deny
Chapter 12: Losing hope on the unknown
Chapter 13: Please stay with me
Chapter 14: Sometimes love doesn't win
Chapter 15: Please don't go
Chapter 16: I'm not going anywhere
Chapter 17: Alive with a heartbeat
Chapter 18: Fears, Friends and Fights
Chapter 19: We are all okay
Chapter 20: No one gets left behind

Chapter 4: Shouldn't be good in goodbye

154 7 0
By anonymouswriter27_

Misery loves company

Chapter 4: Shouldn't be good in goodbye

Hey guys :) Just wanted to give a big thank you for all the love on this story. The reviews make my day and keeps me motivated to write. I won't keep you long I hope you enjoy this chapter.

P.S This chapter isn't to sensitive but there is still bits that could be sensitive for some people.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"We started with a simple hello but ended with a complicated goodbye."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Good morning princess"Sheldon said handing her a mug with hot tea in it.

Amy sat up to grab the tea to only see a picture of her as snow white on the mug. It was the time she ditched work to go to Disney world with the girls.

"When did you get this done ?"Amy said looking at a gleaming Sheldon.

"That's for me to know and you to find out. You better get up so we won't be late for work." Sheldon was talking on until he realised what the time was.

He was about to leave until he stopped in his tracks to only walk back to Amy and gave her a soft peck on the lips.

"To make up for the kiss I never gave you years ago. I'm sorry I wasn't your prince charming then." he said as he was recalling to not kissing her when she was snow white.

"Well you have most certainly made up for it by being my prince charming now. I better go shower before you rush me because we are late for work." Amy said taking another large gulp of her tea before jumping out of bed.

"I can make it up more in the shower."Sheldon said eagerly.

"Well now Dr Cooper,as tempting as your offer is we will most definitely be late for work so I must decline. "Amy said with a teasing smile as she collected her clothes.

"You know you would have jumped at the chance years ago. What changed ?" Sheldon tried to tease back.

"Well I don't know I must be bored of you already. Maybe the spark died."Amy said in more of teasing tone now.

"Oh you really think so." Sheldon said with a smirk as he moved closer to her.

Everytime he got near Amy she took a step back until she was cornered to the cupboard. Sheldon trapped Amy in between his arms. Amy started to breath more heavily now and lightly bit her lip as she could feel Sheldon's hot breath on her face.

Sheldon moved near her ear now to whisper,"Amy,you could never get bored of me even if you tried.".

Amy gulped and could no longer talk in surprise of how little space was between them. Sheldon gave a teasing smile as he leaned in closer to kiss her. Amy closed her eyes waiting for his lips to be pressed against hers until she felt him move further away.

"Well it must be a shame if the spark died."Sheldon continued in a teasing tone once again and continued as nothing happened.

"You are such a tease Dr Cooper."Amy said a little annoyed .

"That I am Dr Fowler but you better get going before I decline you declining my offer to join you in the shower. "Sheldon said with a small smile as Amy went red.

"Okay fine I will go but not until I get this"Amy said walking up to Sheldon to only pull him down a little so he reached her height and she kissed him then continued,"you can tease me all you like Dr Cooper but I always get what I want. I got you didn't I ?"

She left with a little giggle and could hear Sheldon chuckle then mumble something under his breath,"That you did Amy and look how much happier that made me.".

Amy smiled then left to the shower before he realized that she was listening.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Amy's pov:

I could feel the hot water burn my skin like it was washing away all the emotional pain and replacing it with physical pain . I saw as my skin went red when the hot water touched my pale skin.

"Amy?" Sheldon called out as Amy was drying her hair.

"Yes Sheldon ? " Amy said looking at him with a soft smile.

"Do you realize that we are like hot and cold water ?" Sheldon said not looking at Amy now and placing toothpaste on his toothbrush over the sink.

"What ?" Amy said while looking at him questionably.

"Think about it. Hot water is great on its own but it burns in the long run. Cold water is great on its own but it freezes you but together they are unstoppable. Together they are better . Together they are each other's equal and everyone prefers them together. They are perfect together. " Sheldon continued on as he then placed the toothbrush in his mouth and started brushing in his usual pattern.

"Wow together we make a perfectly good shower. " Amy said with a giggle .

"Joke now Amy but I'm serious. You are my better half. You make me better. I'm a much better person now than I was before I met you . You changed my life and you made it better. "Sheldon said after he spat out the toothpaste and rinsed his mouth.

"Have you been watching Bridget Jones's diary with Raj again ? " Amy asked with a giggle.

"I did that once because Raj said I would like it but I'm certainly not watching it again. I do not see what is so enjoyable about it. I also do not understand what that has to do with what I said." Sheldon said annoyed but then grew a confused expression.

"I'm making a joke Sheldon. You are my better half to and life would suck an awful lot more without you so I agree. "Amy said softly before feeling her face heat up again .

"Of course it would be awful without me. " Sheldon said with arrogance.

Amy rolled her eyes then looked at him doing his hair in the mirror,combing it so preciously and carefully.

She couldn't help but smile like a fool before saying,"I love you Sheldon." .

Sheldon stopped what he was doing and gave her a big smile," I love you too,Amy" .

Amy gave another smile as they stared at each other and she tried to leave until he called out for her again .

Amy looked behind her to wait for Sheldon to continue.

"Life would be awful without you to ." Sheldon said with one long glance then went back to his hair.

Amy shyly left the room and realized how much she had everything she has always wanted.

I felt the hot water surround me and I slowly turned on the cold water a little more so it wouldn't burn so much. I felt the water fall on my face and hide the tears that were streaming down my face.

"You make me better"

I stepped out of the shower to wrap the towel around me . I watched as my skin slowly went pale again as I dried myself off.

"Together they are perfect"

I looked all around the bathroom to have constant reminders of him. His soaps and shampoos. His constant need to have multiple towels in the bathroom . Both his and my toothbrushes in the toothbrush holder and the tiny tapes on the floor that mark where you stand as well as his bathroom schedule on the door.

"Together they are each other's equal."

I looked at the bathtub that was filled with rubber ducky adhesives. He increased more of it when I was pregnant with Leo. I often grew more annoyed of him during my pregnancy because he was constantly around making sure I was safe all the time . I appreciated that he cared and worried but it was like I was a baby that wasn't capable of looking after myself.

"You know Sheldon, I'm growing a baby not becoming a baby so you don't need to be so protective. " Amy said while watching Sheldon apply more adhesive rubber ducks.

"Penny didn't have them and what happened to her ? So I'm protecting you both . No where did I say you were a baby and I'm very well aware you are growing a baby Amy. I know how pregnancy works. I have two PhDs. " Sheldon said still focused on his task.

" Yeah yeah we get it . You are a know it all smarty pants. " Amy said getting a little annoyed and crossed her arms together.

Sheldon stopped what he was doing and stood to look at Amy, " Well yes but you don't have to say it with that tone you know. I'm sorry I'm being a bit careful but you knew this would happen." .

" A bit ?" Amy scoffed .

"Okay Okay Amy . I'm very careful but it is for both your benefits. Clearly caring gets me no where so I will leave. " Sheldon said getting a little annoyed.

" No Sheldon wait I'm sorry . I just hate that everyone is doing everything for me like I'm not capable of doing it . I know a baby is going to change things but I don't want to change it to much . You out of all people should understand that. " Amy said looking a little disappointed.

"Then why didn't you just say so . Of course I understand . Everything is going to be different and change so I see what you mean . I can't say I know what growing a baby feels like but I worry about you both. I will try to give you a little more independence but I'm still going to be protective. "

" Thank you Sheldon. " Amy said as she reached on her tippy toes to kiss him .

" We are still keeping the adhesive ducks . " Sheldon said kissing her on the cheek and went back to what he was doing.

"Sheldon !!" Amy protested and Sheldon just laughed.

I laughed a little at playing back the memory then sighed to realize I was back in reality and decided I should get dressed for bed . It was going to be a long night.
-----------------------------------------------------------

" Mommy " Leo said in excitement once I walked into the room.

Emily was in the spare bed on the other side of the room. She was already fast asleep. The soft light was on so it was just bright enough to see what was around you. I walked to his bed and sat there next to him while he was lying down.

"Shh don't go waking Emily up. " I said showing my finger to my lip then looking at a peaceful Emily.

Leo copied me and put his finger on his lip. I laughed a little then kissed his forehead. Leo's face then quickly grew confused and looked around for something.

"Mommy ? Where's Daddy ?" Leo asked like he realized what was missing.

I was shocked to hear him ask that and couldn't get any words to come out of my mouth. I felt like crying as I stared at my little son looking for his father and he had no idea what was going on. How do you tell a little boy that ? How do you tell a child that ? Their brains haven't even developed enough to understand anything or how tragic the world is and you have to give them this. It hurt me to know my son had to probably face that reality.

" Daddy's taken a trip for his work, Leo but he will be back as soon as possible. He misses his little boy so much. " Penny said walking into the room now and tickling his stomach till he was laughing so much he couldn't breathe.

Penny eventually stopped when he needed to catch his breath and he seemed pleased with her answer.

" Okay tell Daddy I love him. Goodnight Mommy and Aunty Penny . " He said with a big yawn then closed his eyes.

" Good night my baby." I said with a small smile and kissed him on the cheek before I switched off the soft light.

Penny and I got outside and as soon as I closed the room door I leaned on the door as I gave a big sigh.

"You shouldn't have lied to him Penny. He needs to know what is going on. " I eventually said in a whisper.

" I know but he is a child. You can't expect him to understand. We don't even know what is going on so if something does happen we will take it from there but let's just leave it at that okay ? "

" I just don't think I will be able to tell him if...if Sheldon doesn't come ho.." I said as the tears filled my eyes .

" Hey Amy , let's not come down that road till we get there okay . He needs to come back. He just needs to." Penny said with the last sentence in a pleading whisper .

Penny pulled me in for a hug. Mary came by to say goodnight to her grandson to see more crying and hugging.

" Amy, Are you okay ? " Mary asked then looked down on the ground realizing it was a stupid question.

" No but it's okay . " I said giving a small smile.

" I'm going to say goodnight to my grandson so why don't you and Penny go to the kitchen and I will meet you there. "Mary said and I nodded in agreement before we left.

She quietly entered the room to see a sleeping Leo and she sat beside him .
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mary's pov:

I stroked my fingers lightly on Leo's cheeks and realized how much he looked like Sheldon when he was younger . If you gave him a plaid shirt and a bow tie it would be spot on . He really looked so much like Sheldon and Amy . I could feel a tear rolling down my cheeks as I kissed his forehead.

" My poor grandbaby. If only you realized what was really going on . "I said in a very quiet whisper.

"You know your daddy can be so difficult sometimes but he would do anything to protect the people he loves, especially you little one. He would fight the ends of the earth for you. " I said with a slight smile speaking through the tears.

"There was a time when he was a little boy and when you grow up you will realize on how religious I am but your daddy isn't. I lost my faith for a short period of time and I lost myself . I didn't see the point of living in such a cruel world and honestly I was in such a dark place but little Shelly,your daddy helped me restore my faith.He temporarily tried to believe in what I believed in to show me how much he cares and I never told him how much that meant to me. He restored my faith when he doesn't believe in it himself. "

"I tell you Leo that he was most certainly not a child I expected to have. I was scared on how I would deal with him and keep up with him . He grew up to fast, he was stubborn and arrogant but he was such a kind little boy . He really tried. Unfortunately your grandfather's death hit him harder than he would care to admit but he was never the same. He shut everything and everyone out . He refused to acknowledge his feelings until his friends and your mommy came along but no matter how much harder he was to look after I couldn't have asked for a better child. All my children are the best things that have happened to me."

"You are one of the best things to have happened to your daddy. He is so proud of you always even when you walk and talk. You should see how your mommy and daddy's face lights up when you walk into a room. You are most definitely loved by everyone and you have quite a big family. I never expected to get a grandchild from your daddy but I love you so much because you exist." I rambled on not even knowing the point of talking to a sleeping child.

"Well I better go now and let you sleep. Goodnight sweetie and please know how much we all love you. I know your daddy misses you just as much as you miss him so hopefully he will be back soon. " I said kissing his forehead then made sure I looked fine before leaving the room.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Amy's pov:

Mary walked to the kitchen where I was sitting lost in my own imagination, Penny was drinking more alcohol than her body can take while Leonard was trying to read but every now and then would glance at his wife with a worried expression. Mary walked over to Penny and took the alcohol away while Penny was very disappointed.

"I think that is enough alcohol for you sweetie . Why don't you and Leonard try to get some sleep? I know tonight there isn't going to be much sleep but it wouldn't hurt to try get some rest. "Mary said looking at Leonard who mouthed a thank you.

Penny reluctantly left with Leonard until it was just Mary and me.

"Would you like some chamomile tea ? " Mary asked to a dazed me.

"What? Oh uh chamomile tea? " I snapped out of my daze to only smile a little as I realized it was Sheldon's favourite calming tea,"Yes please actually. It might help me sleep." .

"Okay I will get right on it then . " Mary said through the now awkward silence.

We didn't know what to say or what to do . What do we say to each other ? It was Mary's son but my husband. He clearly meant so much to the both of us which is something we have in common so why was this so hard. Why was addressing the elephant in the room so hard.

Mary placed the tea on the table and drank hers quietly letting me have my silence with my thoughts because she knew that her son was the same to . Her son. The person she brought into this world and wanted nothing but the best for was now on a hospital bed fighting for his life. No one knew what would happen next . I couldn't imagine Leo lying on a hospital bed. I couldn't stomach the idea . He was my little boy. My beautiful, optimistic little boy and I felt completely sick thinking about anyone harming him . I felt this sudden urge to hug my child so tight and protect him from everything.

"Thank you Mary. " I said looking at my hands covering the cup as I was absorbing the warmth radiating from the hot beverage.

Mary gave a slight nod and the room was filled with silence again.

"Mary,Im sorry. " I said barely looking her in the eye filled with guilt.

"For what my dear. " Mary said looking at me questionably.

"For everything. For Sheldon being in hospital,for you needing to constantly look after me, for me not caring how you feel about everything and most importantly not checking up on you . I know Sheldon meant just as much to you as he did to me maybe even more. " I said taking another sip of her tea.

"Thank you Amy but how you are reacting is completely normal. I mean when my husband was whisked away to hospital and it was to late to say goodbye I was a wreck. We weren't in the best time of our marriage, I had to look after two kids and a Sheldon all by myself and it was so hard . I couldn't seem to care how anyone was feeling but myself. So if that is how I felt I can't imagine how you are feeling because your love is different. It is pure and real . I have never seen anything like it and I wished George and I had a relationship like that. So don't apologize because you have every right to be selfish right now. " Mary said trying to comfort me.

"That's just the thing. There is no definite which makes it worse. He could live or worse he could d..i ... ". I couldn't bare to finish it, "Im just so scared because I don't think I could do this all by myself. I can't do this without him . " .

"Amy you aren't alone. What I found most comforting after Sheldon's father's passing was that my mother was there. She knew how it felt to lose a husband. My mom and dad had a special relationship to kind of like yours and Sheldon's. No one seemed to understand it but them.It didn't matter though because it was just about them. My mom was never the same when he passed. So when she comforted me in my hardest time I felt eternally grateful to her. I know your mother isn't always reliable in the comforting department but I have always considered you like my daughter so Im here and you are not alone. " Mary said with tears in her eyes.

"I have always considered you like a mother to me too. " I said crying even more but it was happy tears.

"Aww Amy, come here. " Mary said as she pulled her in for a hug once she reached her,"Sheldon isn't going anywhere if I have something to do about it. If I know him he is the most stubborn person I know and that is saying alot when you know my father so he isn't going anywhere without a fight either. " .

"This is the first time I have heard you speak about your parents and husband in a long time. " I said as I broke the hug to wipe my tears.

Mary smiled and sat back down to tell me more stories of her and Sheldon's childhood as we drank our tea. The moment was disturbed to only hear a phone ringing in the distance. I knew it was my phone but I was terrified to answer it. The last time I answered it I found out the love of my life was in hospital. I froze in fear only picturing the worst.

"Sweetie I'm sure that is your phone aren't you going to answer it?" Mary asked.

"Umm can you please do it ."I looked at her with pleading eyes.

Mary nodded to pick up the phone and exchange pleasantries. She then handed the phone to me and said it was Wil. I sighed in relief and breathed out a breathe I wasn't even aware I was holding. I took the phone and mouthed a thank you before talking.

After some talking and I insisted that he didn't need to come over after he heard what happened I ended the call. I then burst out crying which surprised Mary who now feared the worst.

"What's wrong ?" Mary asked trying to comfort me.

"Nothing nothing I just,I'm crying in relief I guess. I thought the worst when I heard my phone ring and to hear it was only Wil made me feel relieved."

"You poor thing. Why don't you finish your tea so you can try get some sleep you must be exhausted."

We both did just that and talked a little while as we were finishing our tea then headed to bed to try and sleep.

to be continued...
-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope this chapter wasn't to bad. I thought I would give you a little more Shamy this chapter before we continue. I wanted to show the in betweens of the story so alot of things in this chapter is going to come up later. Till the next chapter :)

Thank you in advance for the reviews :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222 26 17
Reece looses both his parent to a suicidal-murder and his boyfriend ditches him. he moves in with his Aunt. he becomes friends with the neighbor. Je...
21.5K 556 46
Believe me: it (might) get better after a while. I try to have a equal amount of angst and fluff, but there is a high chance that there will be more...
35.2K 1.5K 43
Not everyone's trust issues come from failed relationships. Sometimes, it comes from the family and friends closest to us. Griffin Miller and Parker...
12.6K 189 12
Heyy it's my first fanfiction so be nice Have fun A girl sent into a glade full of boys. What will happen? Will she fall in love? Read the story and...