Four Dates and Tons of Insecu...

By Writer_Bhavana

"Stop being strong-headed maybe you will stop seeing me as an enemy"-Adithi "Stop being annoying, cause that'... More

Author's Note
!Aesthetics!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Important Notice!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
The Hangout!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Notice!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Recap!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Something no one reads, But should!
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A Tribute
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
!THE END!
Took me long enough!

Chapter 10

71 9 27
By Writer_Bhavana

Chapter 10

🌷Meera's POV

The day I hated the most. It's here. I check the clock. It's still 6 in the morning very early. My shift ended at 12 yesterday night. I slept for five hours until I started tossing on the bed for the past one hour. Adithi is not home she must have gone to her early morning shift today at 4.

My past few days have been so happy. But am scared I might hurt myself somehow. This dreaded feeling where I have received too much happiness and any moment now I will be hit with sadness in my face. I don't want that.

I turn one year older today. My memories flash in front of me.

"Mom! I got 95% this year."I run towards her trying to show her my report card. She was with my elder brother helping him with his homework."Ok! But did you see what time it is! Your brother and dad must be hungry. Go cook dinner." She didn't even spare a glance at my report card. But I can't talk back anyway. I went to the kitchen to prepare dinner

At the dinner table."Mom and Dad! I need money to apply for the medical entrance exam. Can you please give it?"I was hoping they will listen to me."A girl doesn't need education. You need to just know how to cook and clean. You studied till your 18. That's enough for now."My father answers me.

My mom jumps right away to support him."In the next 3 years, you will be married. We will marry you off to a rich guy, who might pay us money in return. Now try to work on your weight. You are as fat as a pig."Saying that she pulls my plate away from me. I hear my brother snicker beside me. I try to ignore them and run back to my room with tears in my eyes.

I try to find a part-time job so I can pay for the entrance fees. I found a job at a supermarket. I told them I will be working only for a month. They were okay with that. I earned the money I need, with the help of my teacher I applied for the exam and got a seat in the best medical college with really less fees.

My teacher came and spoke to my parents about the admission. They had to put on this perfect parent facade so they accepted. They paid for the college but they were not ready to leave me. One night I took the opportunity and ran away from that hell of a hole just before college was about to start.

A notification from my phone brings me back. I get myself up from the bed. I slowly check my phone. It's a message from Rahul. It brings a smile to my face but once I see that message my smile drops. He canceled today's plans. I let a small sigh. I text him back telling him it is fine. He sends me a smiley emoji.

We have grown close for the past 12 days. His smile is enough to swoop me from my feet. The way he laughs.The way he shows his concern towards me. I feel something for him which I can't put a finger on. Just his presence around me is comforting.

Even if there is a probability that I might like him. He will never like me. Like what is there in me?Nothing. With the looks, he has he can find a perfect girl for himself. I wouldn't even stand a chance.

Me ? who would look at me? Even if someone tries to get to know me beyond looks I don't even have a great personality. I think I should stop thinking so much but as if they are gonna stop. I grab the towel and try to have a relaxing bath.

I won't get many wishes today anyway. My parents don't wish me anyway. It was just a mistake for them. Is it weird that I have never cut a birthday cake in my entire life? I chuckled at my pathetic thought.

Moving on I guess I will dress myself up a bit today. I picked out this Peach A-line dress. It comes to my knees, I style my hair into a half-bun. I finish it off with cute rose gold earrings with butterfly-shaped things hanging down. I look at myself very happy with my looks. So I go to the front room and start watching a kdrama as I don't have anything to do.

I didn't get a message from Adithi since morning. I guess she is busy with her work. After a while I was bored. I go into the kitchen and cook myself a small meal.Its just rajma chawal.I wanted to eat Maggi but I promised Rahul I will control my cravings.

After I eat my lunch I again go back to my kdrama marathon. It's a really sad scene where the heroine is tied up on the rooftop. She is also tied up to a bomb the hero is trapped out and she shouts for him to leave before he dies with her. Only a miracle can save them.

(A/N: Guess the drama again.)

I was so immersed in this drama I hear my phone ring. It's Sharath."Hello, Meera are u free?"He asks me. He obviously wouldn't know it's my birthday" Yup, am so bored."I whine."Great am outside your apartment. Come out I need your help."He says from the other side. I was free anyway. I check myself in the mirror. Set my hair once again and go down

He is standing opposite our apartment, by his car. He comes near me and envelopes me in a hug."You look pretty ."He tells me. I thank him for the compliment."I look so underdressed."He says. I scan my eyes through his outfit. He wore blue denim jeans and a black t-shirt.

"Nope, you look great."I tell him with a smile."My sister's birthday is coming up. I want your help to buy her something."He tells me I nod through his words. 

But his words remind me of a certain someone. My own elder brother. He never tried to bring me any gift for my birthday. He always hated me since I was born. He should have been the one to save me from bullies, but he was the one to encourage others to bully me.

He was never-"Meera?"Sharath calls out to me shaking my shoulders."Yeah! I am here."I tell him."Are you fine?"He asks concern evident in his voice."Yes, I am fine. What are you planning to buy her?"I ask ."She loves a lot of jewelry ."He tells me."I am thinking of buying her a diamond she never got one." he tells me."That's so sweet ."I koo in front of him.

He flashes me a million-dollar smile. I take out my phone and open my Pinterest. I search for the type of jewelry that I had pinned a few weeks back."How is this one?"I show him. It's a solitaire diamond with a chain. It was minimalistic and beautiful.

He looks at the photo ."It's beautiful but don't get me wrong. It doesn't scream my sister."I understood what he was saying."Yeah! Let me take you to a few stores, These stores have beautiful collections. I think you might find some pieces there."I tell him.

"Lead the way mam ."He tells me. After walking throw 5 different stores and on the whole of the way him explaining his sister's taste and preferences. We come to the last store I know" I have a feeling this is the place ."I tell him.

As we enter an old lady comes to us with a smile on her face" How may I help you?"She asks us."We are looking for diamond pendants."I say to her she nods her head and takes us into the store. She takes out a few pieces and lays them in front of us.

But suddenly this pendent catches my eye."Please can you take out that one?" I point it out. She places the necklace on the table. It had a swan-shaped pendant with a black diamond as the eye. 

I have read that a black diamond signifies inner strength and justice. The way she stands strong even after the person she loved broke her trust."I think this one is perfect."I tell Sharath.

Sharath's eyes also caught on to it. It really was a beautiful piece."It's a really nice choice."The lady says."Shall I pack this ?"She asks. I look towards Sharath. He nods his head."Yes!Please."I tell the lady.

She smiles. We go towards the billing section."As you are the last customers for today, I would love to give you a discount."She tells us. We smile at her and Sharath thanks her. She packs it in a blue velvet box with a white ribbon. She slowly hands the package to me. I take it from her hands. She bids us goodbye and we come out of the store.

I hand the package back to Sharath with the same care."Thank you so much ."Sharath tells me."Very happy to help I tell him."He smiles at me."Want me to buy you something?"He asks me."Why would you do that?"I ask him.

"Cause you helped me buy my sister a perfect gift." he tells me."I don't want anything."I tell him."Are you serious?"He asks me."I haven't done anything great. I just did something which I enjoy, shopping for others."I tell him.

"You like shopping for others?"He asks me."Yup especially for Adithi, that girl can rock anything."I tell thinking of the times I helped her buy her first off-shoulder dress, it was her first knee-length dress as well. I smile at that memory.

"But still, I wanna give you something."He tells me."Okay then, Invite me on your sister's birthday so I can see how she reacts while receiving the gift."I tell him. He gives up asking me again and nods for my request.

We reach home. I invite Sharath to come in for a bit of rest. But as we reached our apartment door, it wasn't locked." Shit it's open" saying this I run towards the door once I open it. The lights switch on and everyone comes out shouting "surprise!".

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count: 1706

Happy Birthday to Meera!!!

As I promised a song, Which I felt was underrated. Give it a try I am sure you will love it.

Happy Birthday to every ARMY out there. It's our 8th Anniversary and as BTS told us let's get old together!!!! Borahae .Also, don't forget to stream'Permission to Dance'.

~Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 13.5K 29
°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...
322K 32.9K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
27.5K 1.5K 34
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur •••••••••••...
28.2K 811 23
Tale of Passion,love, loyalty and purity...... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Started : 9th October 2023 Ended : 28th December 2023 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ {Under Editing}