Bois-Des-Esprits

By autumn_zea

"I can't sleep." I answered, embarrassedly while looking down and I heard his footstep approach me. He grasp... More

Author's note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapher Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Nine

13.1K 489 144
By autumn_zea

Aster was still holding me to his chest as his cold breath fanned the crook of my neck. One of my hands was rubbing his back as the other was buried in his dark hair.

"Aster?" I said trying to pull away from the hug but he tightened his arms around me. "Will you let me go so I can make you some hot chocolate? It'll warm you up."

"But you're warmer." He mumbled and I internally cooed at his adorableness.

"I promise I'll be back soon, yeah?" I said softly and he groaned in disapproval but he let me go.

"You better." He muttered cuddling to his blanket instead.

After grabbing the plastic bag, I hurriedly went to the kitchen clutching at my racing heart.

God.

I couldn't believe what I was feeling. I mean in some way I could because Aster was one of the kindest man I have ever met but still.

Since the moment I met him I had thought he was attractive but now I knew it was more then just an attraction.

I decided to go with saying that I have a crush on him.

I mean who wouldn't, right? It's no big deal. Just a tiny little crush that won't matter once I leave.

But what if it does matter? What if you can't forget him? What if.. something happens?

I ignored my subconscious and assured myself that nothing would happen. After all, I was 100% sure this was a one sided crush.

But then I remembered all the things Aster has been doing for me and I cut myself some slack and went with 80%.

I decided to stop torturing myself with these senseless thoughts and started to make that hot chocolate I promised.

As it was being made I grabbed a box of pads and went to the bathroom. Looking at it made my heart flutter at the thought of all that trouble Asher went through to get it for me.

When I was done I walked back to the kitchen to grab our cups of hot chocolate and then walked to the living room where Aster, despite his large size, had managed to wrap the blanket over him completely.

I stifled a laugh at how funny he looked and set our cups down on the small coffee table.

I let out a small gasp of surprise when Aster grabbed my wrist and pulled me down so I landed on his lap with my back pressed to his front. He wrapped the blanket around me as well before burying his face in my hair.

"Took too long." He whined and I laughed.

"You're being such a baby." I told him as I grabbed his cup and handed it to him before grabbing mine. "Be careful, it's hot."

"Mhmm so good." He said after taking a sip.

"I'm glad you like it." I told him, taking a sip of mine.

"I like everything you do." He said.

"Ah?" I asked with a teasing grin.

"Yep. You're just so... wonderful." He told me and I blushed.

"I think the cold must have gotten to your head." I said and he chuckled.

"I'm saying what I've always thought, darling. When I look at you it's like I can breathe again. You give me hope." He whispered the last part and I furrowed my brows.

"Hope?" I asked and he hummed.

"For what?"

"That's a secret darling." He said stealthily.

-

"Oh my fucking god, please kill me." I groaned rolling in the bed.

"I think that's the first time I heard you curse." Aster mused from where he was sitting next to me.

"I can't." I cried out as another wave of pain hit me.

"Did you take the painkillers?" Aster asking running his hand through my hair and I meekly nodded.

After we had finished drinking our hot chocolate my cramps had started to get worse so I had taken two painkillers. But I knew they wouldn't do much, especially on the first day. I had no choice but to wait for it to pass.

Aster had been the sweetest as usual, staying with me the whole time and checking up on me every few minutes. After he had warmed up he made us lunch and then he carried me to bed where I was now suffering and wishing upon death.

"Aster." I whined as my eyes welled up. "It hurts."

"Shhh." Aster whispered, laying down behind me and pulling me until I was pressed against him. He moved his hand until it landed on my lower stomach and he rubbed it.

"You're okay." He said softly.

"I'm not!" I exclaimed as the tears fell from both pain and frustration.

"I'm sorry, darling." Aster said, wiping away the tears. "I wish there was something I could do to make your pain go away."

"It's not fair." I whimpered and I felt him nod behind me. "It isn't."

"C-can you just continue to rub my stomach?" I asked when I realized it was soothing.

"Of course." He said.

I felt Aster move his hand to slip it under my shirt and then his now warm hand was on my bare skin as he softly rubbed circles.

"Is this okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I whispered, closing my eyes.

Aster reached his other hand to grab my hand in his own and he gave it a comforting squeeze.

"Is it always like this?" He asked.

"Yeah it's always the first two days that are the worst for me. Tomorrow is probably gonna be worse." I said, already dreading it. "Usually I just lay in bed crying and wait until it goes away."

"You have me now." He told me. "I'll do my best so it's less painful for you."

"Thank you." I said.

Aster pressed me closer to him and then he pressed a gentle kiss to my hair and my eyes widened even more when he brushed my hair aside and pressed another kiss to the back of my neck.

"Just don't want my darling to suffer."

Hello!

Thoughts?

I know this is super short but I didn't know what else to write (';ω;')

Was the second half of the chapter me projecting my own period pain and writing what I wish I had when I'm suffering?

Yes, yes it was.

-till next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 389 25
Suddenly I turned around. And I shouted loudly. Mr. Devil is standing there staring at me and narrowing his eyebrows. What the hell he is doing. I'...
49.4K 1.5K 11
"Mommy are you in wuv with the nice man?" She asks, her eyes all wide. I raise an eyebrow at her, looking into her matching eyes. "What makes you th...
173K 6.2K 21
[DNF Prison!AU] "New roomie, how great." The man spoke with deep sarcasm, voice rough as if unused. "Haven't had one in a while." He stood up, easily...
76.1K 3.1K 34
For her, he is a stranger For him, she isn't They both shared a past which she is unaware about Dive in to know what will happen When she will know...