๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐„๐‘๐’ ๐‚๐‹๐”๐

By stunna4cee

" Having somebody by your side to help you, can make them everyday battles easier... especially if that wasn'... More

1 .
2 .
4 .
5 .
6 .
7 .
8 .
9 .
10 .
11 .
12 .
13 .
14 .
15 .
16 .

3 .

7.7K 330 96
By stunna4cee

" So how you been? ", my older brother, Vontae, questioned me. I reached my hand out to grab his hand as we sat at the tables. The police officer eyed me intentively but I didn't care. I missed my brother so much.

" I've been good... I'm sorry I haven't been visiting as much. I just started a new job and mom has been in and out of treatments so- ", I started explaining until he cut me off.

" You good Cee, I understand you got shit going on. You don't have to worry about me... I'm good. ", he assured. I nodded and gave him a small smile. " How's dukes? "

I sighed and looked down at the table and slowly moved my hand away from his. Mom isn't really getting worse but she isn't getting better either. I keep paying and paying for treatments that aren't helping her to become better.

" She's okay. ", I told him truthfully. He leaned back away from the table. I stared at him, it's always been hard to read Vontae's face. He never showed emotions and it was always hard for him to speak up about how he feels.

He's always been like that since we were little. I've learned that if he was ready and really wanted to express hisself he would. He's always patient with me so I always try to make sure I do the same.

" You okay? ", I ask him softly. He nods, " Yeah... you still paying for the treatments? " I nodded but didn't say anything.

" Times up! ", one of the guards yelled causing me to jump a little. Vontae stood up and so did I. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my hair before pulling away. " I'm proud of you sis... I love you. "

I gave him a smile, " I love you too Vontae. " Hearing that he's proud of me makes me feel better about everything. I don't really hear people tell me their proud of me often.

I wanted him to be able to go home with me so bad. I miss having my brother around. It's not really his fault he's in here and it's sad he's doing time for somebody else's actions.

•••

I scan over the club and spot Deion as he's talking to a group of guys in a different section. He's been hanging and talking with them for the past 3 hours.

I sigh as I look at my phone, I tried calling my mom 10 times and she didn't answer. She was supposed to be out of treatment by now. I usually try to talk to her after her treatments to see how she's feeling.

The nurses told me I couldn't call them late at night anymore. My cutoff time was 10 and it was 11 now.

This was the first time she hasn't answered my calls after treatment and it's worrying me.

I put my head in my hands and take a deep breath. I hope the treatment went good. I really hope it did...

" You straight? ", I heard someone ask me. I look up and a guy was sitting on the other side of the booth eyeing at me.

I nodded. He looked familiar, I squinted my eyes and realized it's the guy from the last meeting who didn't do or say anything but stare at me. He must work with Deion or something for him to keep popping up at different meetings.

He chuckled, " Why you looking at me like that? " I took a sip from my drink. This was my 5th drink tonight. I don't usually drink but it's been helping me take my mind off my mom and my brother.

I just feel so useless and guilty that I'm not doing more to help them. I feel like I need to do more but I just don't know what more I could do. I'm barely making it by paying for my mom's treatments.

" I was trying to see your face. It's dark in here. ", I kinda yelled at him so he could here me over the music. He nodded and licked over his lips and drank the rest of his drink, " What's in your glass? "

I looked down at my drink and swirled my drink around slowly. I had to think about it since I've been sipping on this for a while. " Don Julio. ", I finally told him.

He smiled. " Lemme fill you up. ", he insisted. He reached for my cup but I pulled it back and raised my eyebrow at him, " Why? " I blinked slowly, I honestly didn't need a refill. I was starting to feel these drinks now and I can't be drunk when I'm supposed to be here with Deion doing work.

I told him I don't drink.

" Come on. Lemme do sum nice ", he insisted again. He grabbed my glass from me and got up. He walked over to the bar. I watched him as he called over the bartender.

I looked around for Deion again. He wasn't in the section he was just in. Where did he go? I stumble to get my phone out of my purse. " Where is it. ", I groan to myself. My purse is so unorganized, I can't ever find anything in it.

It lights up and I grab it and pull up me and Deion's messages.

𝗗𝗲𝗶𝗼𝗻

𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖽𝗎𝖿 𝗒𝗂𝗈 𝗀𝗈?

𝖶𝗁𝗒 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝖾𝗑𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗒𝗈?
𝖨 𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗉𝗉𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗎𝗍𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾, 𝖨𝗅𝗅 𝖻𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄

𝗂 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗂𝗆 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗇𝗄 😟

𝖫𝗆𝖺𝗈 𝖨 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗈𝗇𝗍 𝖽𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗄?

𝗂 𝖽𝗈𝗇𝗍

𝖨𝗀𝗁𝗍, 𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝗎𝗉 𝗒𝗈

I locked my phone as the guy sat down and slid my refilled drink to me. I looked down at it and it was bubbling at the top a little bit. It was almost like something was poured over the top. My drink didn't do that before...

" What's your name? ", he questioned sitting up to the table. " I already said my name when we were in the meeting room... ", I reminded him looking at him with a slight mug. I was starting to have a bad feeling about him...

He held his hands up, " My bad shordy, you ain't gotta mug me. I forgot for a second. " I rolled my eyes looking away from him and back at my drink. It stopped bubbling so I shrugged and drank some. He stared at me.

" Why do you keep staring at me? It's weird. ", I sassed. " I cant stare at you? ", he teased.

Before I could say anything Deion walked up to the table and motioned me with his fingers, " Let's go yo. " Deion eyed the other guy and he was trying his best not to look up at Deion.

It feels like they don't like each other.

" You're still having meetings until 12... ", I reminded him looking at the time on my phone. I had alarms set for all the different meetings he had to attend tonight so that he wouldn't miss them.

" I know. Ion wantchu sitting over here talking ta him though. ", Deion answered getting impatient.

" If she wanna stay, she can. Mfs think cause they got money they can run everybody. ", the guy argued standing up starting to get in Deion's face.

I cant deal with fighting right now so I started gathering everything I brought. Making sure I had my phone, house keys, and wallet.

Deion pointed at my drink on the table, " Did he get that drink for you? " I nodded and looked up at him confused, " Yeah... why? " I stood up and as soon as I did I got lightheaded. Deion caught me and held me close to him.

I started losing feeling in my legs and I was starting to get hot. What is happening? I felt Deion stand me up as I relaxed on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me making sure I didn't fall.

" Aye! Somebody get me a water! ", Deion yelled over the music causing my hearing to tune in and out. I was hearing a lot of things echo at once, the loud club music, Deion yelling, and people starting to gather and talk. I covered my ears and winced in pain as my ears were starting to ring. He sat me back down in the booth, " You good yo? "

I tried to respond but my head was spinning and pounding at the same time. I see the guy who gave me the drink slyly make his way through the crowd that was now surrounding my section. I didn't know what was happening to me. I felt like I was losing control over myself. The dizziness took over my body as I laid in the booth.

The last thing I remember was Deion grabbing my purse and picking me up out of the booth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.5K 33
๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ'๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด, ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด.
201K 8.7K 119
๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸพBaby I can be your sneaky link๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ
709K 22.3K 91
"Your job is simple really, just stay by my side."
469K 11.6K 50
"But whatever you do, stay away from thugs". I was told this all my life but thugs were sexy and had money. Every girl loves a man that can handle he...