AS TIME GOES BY (CHAENNIE)

By crazyforrosie

Can't say how the days will unfold, Can't change what the future may hold But, I want you in it Every hour, e... More

I love you too,
Strike Two
Your happines > Mine
It's not stupidity!
Still F R I E N D S...
The Risk-Taker
Make up your mind
First of the too Many
It's a Date!
P R I O R I T Y
My Señorita
Can't Help Falling In Love
I love you!
Heart, Body and Soul
HOME
Let the World Know
The Hottest Couple!
Arranged Marriage
What is Love?
I wanna make love to you!
Ten Minutes
Conspiracy Theory
Timeless
roses_are_rosie
Chaeyoung-ah's Nini 💙🖤
U-Turn
The Kiss
Way Back Into Love
THE BET
The Plan
S O L O
Where's Rosie?
The Weekend Getaway
EPILOGUE
Author's Note

It's You!

1.7K 51 119
By crazyforrosie

And as if on cue, Chae comes up on the stage holding her guitar, strumming it softly, singing a Korean song with that cutie accent of hers.

Baby, I'm falling head over heels
Looking for ways to let you know just how I feel

I wish I was holding you by my side
I wouldn't change a thing 'cause finally, it's real

I'm tryin' to hold back, you ought to know that
You're the one that's on my mind

I'm falling too fast deeply in love
Finding the magic in the colors of you

You're the right time at the right moment
You're the sunlight, keeps my heart going oh

Know when I'm with you
I can't keep myself from falling

Right time at the right moment
It's you
You, it's you

Chae looks at Jennie with her tender loving eyes. Her heart was pounding hard because of the undeniable love she has for this girl standing in front of her, across her. Though she was the one who fell last between the two of them, no one would have ever known if she's really the last or she just didn't know she's romantically in love with her until the very moment when Jennie's feelings come to light and in the open.

All she knows right now is that she's so in love with her that she's willing to swim the whole ocean just to be with her, good thing she doesn't have to do that since Jennie is just right around the corner, and is so in love with her too.

They say falling in love is easy, but staying in love is hard. Well, that's what they say, but for Chae, staying in love with Jennie is never a hard thing to do, but if loving Jennie requires hardships, she's willing to go through it, and she knows she'll overcome, because it is Jennie, and Jennie is the only one that matters to her.

She saw a glimpse of what seems like a tear beginning to escape from Jennie's eyes. Maybe she already got the hint, Chae thought. That tonight is not just an ordinary date just like the other dates they had, that tonight will be the night they will surely never forget. The night when their hearts will finally seal the story that was long overdue, their destiny that was written long ago but has yet to be fulfilled. They were destined for each other, they were bound to be one. They were set to be together, in this lifetime or another.

Baby, I'm falling oh deeper in love
Everything that you are was all I'm dreaming of

And if I can break enough to show you that I need us
I'd give up everything I have girl just for you

I'm tryin' to hold back, you ought to know that
You're the one that's on my mind

I'm falling too fast deeply in love
Girl all I need to breathe is you

'Cause you're the right time at the right moment
You're the sunlight, keeps my heart going oh

I know when I'm with you
I can't keep myself from falling

Right time at the right moment
It's you

Jennie's tears finally rolled down her cheeks as she was reminded of the times when she thought she had an unrequited kind of love for Rosie, her Rosie.

She will never forget how she had spent a night crying alone in her room just because Chae already accepted Chanyeol's love.
She will never forget how her heart got shattered every single damn time they'd see them being sweet and all. That was one of the most painful times of her life, of her life secretly loving Chae.

But tonight was different. She's standing in the middle of that restaurant, looking at the love of her life, singing a very beautiful melody and song to her, together with her friends and family, yes, she noticed it just by now. And that she already knows what's up with this kind of romantic but silly ambiance.

Every night in my bed I'm dreaming
That it's you in my arms I'm holding
Girl all I want is you
(All I want is you, Jennie) Chae added some adlib and winks at Jennie.

You know you're the right time at the right moment
You're the sunlight, keeps my heart going
It's you, you, you yeah

'Cause you're the right time at the right moment (the moment)
You're the sunlight, keeps my heart going oh

I know when I'm with you (with you baby)
I can't keep myself from falling (falling)

Right time at the right moment
(Girl) It's you

And as if on cue, Lisoo brings the crying Jennie to the stage, right beside Chae. Chae's eyes never leaving Jennie's eyes. The mic was handed over to Jennie, indicating that Chae wanted her to end the song,

You, it's you (You)
You, it's you (With you)
You, it's you (Whoa It's you love)
You... (It's you yeah yeah)
You, It's you

"Jennie." Chae stopped the strumming and touches Jennie's face. She wiped her tears and kissed them goodbye.

"Ro-Rosie." Jennie's voice cracked a little due to anticipation.

"Jennie Kim, my Nini, my love, my wifey, my everything. For the love of the universe, will you, please marry me?" Chae respectfully and lovingly asked. "I know we've only just begun, and that there's still a long and bumpy road ahead of us, but there was never a time that I've been so sure of anything until this very moment with you. So I will repeat the question, will you marry me, Jennie Kim?" Chae knelt down as she slowly opens the box where a ring comfortably sitting at. When the ring meets Jennie's eyes, she couldn't believe it.

Right in front of her is a Tiffany & Co. Engagement ring. It was inspired by the fire and radiance of superlative diamonds, they used a unique combination of cuts for a distinctly romantic sensibility. The feminine arrangement of the ring is the embodiment of subtle glamour.

Chae looks at the sea of her friends and relatives to look for someone, and when she found Irene she mouthed the word "thank you". Irene personally helped Chae in deciding what engagement ring to give to Jennie. Though she knew that whatever kind of ring she gives to her, she will wholeheartedly accept it.

But this is a once-in-a-lifetime moment, and she has been blessed enough to have the means and access to these kinds of things.
And the moment she laid her eyes on this ring, she knew, this is the perfect ring for Jennie.

Jennie couldn't seem to find the right words to say, and she's seemingly having an internal breakdown.

She took a large deep breath and replied,
"Yes! Yes of course I will marry you, Rosie!"

And with that, Chae slipped the ring on Jennie's finger. The crowd gave them a full blast of claps.

Chae stood up from her feet and lifted Jennie's feet off the ground, spin her around while shouting the word "Yes! Yes!"

She brings Jennie down and whispers "I love you" and claims Jennie's mouth for a soulful, sweet, deep kiss that Jennie reciprocated with the same intensity and sweetness.

When they've finally let go of each other, Irene takes over the stage and announces, "Ladies and gentlemen, I now present you, Jennie and Rosé Park. A round of applause please. This will surely be the wedding of the century." the crowd cheered for the newly-engaged couple.

Chae escorted Jennie as they make their way to the witnesses who are saying their best wishes to them. They thank them while wearing their best smiles.

The couple came face to face with their parents. Both sides are really happy now that their daughters will tie the knot very soon, which they probably expected sooner than today since they knew how the two were always been in love with each other, but all is well, still.

"Dad, Mom," Chae said to Jennie's parents.

"Rosie," the two elders greeted back.
"We always knew that the two of you were meant to be together, it's just that this daughter of ours was really slacking in those past years." Jennie glared at her father. It was always Mr. Kim who teases Jennie.

"Rosie, thank you for giving back the love that my daughter has been wishing to receive from you, yet, she didn't want to force you into loving her. She's been so patient through all these years.
I've witnessed her being so grumpy just because you were having a movie date night with your own boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, I mean." their parents laughed slightly, but the couple just waited for the next lines to be spilled.
"All I can say is, thank you, thank you for being so understanding and loving to her. Don't be fooled by her height though, she can be very handful at times." Mrs. Kim said jokingly.

"Mom, Dad, you could have said something more plausible about me." Jennie complained to her parents. They all giggled at Jennie's stunts.

"Jennie, I don't know if this will make you feel better, but to tell you frankly, Rosie here almost lost her mind when she couldn't find you anywhere when you two had an argument." Mr. Park said, but Mrs. Park elbows him, as if telling him to be more cautious with everything he is about to say.

"Do you honestly thought that would make Jennie feel better? Look at her, you only made her feel guilty again. Please strike that out, his humor is sometimes out of the way, you know." Mr. Park could only scratch his head and whispered sorry to Jennie, to which Jennie said okay and no worries.

"Jennie honey, we, the Parks, do solemnly swear to protect you at all cost. Rosie told us how fragile you can be, and no, that's not a bad thing, it's called being human. We will do anything to make you feel safe and loved. And if our Rosie here, ever made you cry, we'll beat her ass up." Mrs. Park jokingly threatened Chae.

"Mom! I thought you're on my side."

"And we are! But you're bringing Jennie into this family so it's our vow to make her feel loved and valued. And besides, we know you wouldn't dare to hurt this mandu here."

"Of course Mom, she's everything to me," Chae assured them.

After their little chitchats with their parents, the two take the path to Alice, Lisa, and Jisoo, who are now busy fighting over some foods.

"Hey! What's going on here?" Jennie mediated among them.

"Your friend here, yes, your friend Lisa here ate the last piece of my Yakgwa here," Alice mumbled like a kid.

"But you already put your spoon and fork at rest. So I thought you'll never have it again." Lisa retaliates.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean I cannot eat with my fingers, hello, ever heard about finger-licking good thingy, duh!" Alice rolled her eyes on Lisa.

"You two should stop acting like kids. We can always order some more, Unnie." Chae suggested.

"Yes please!" Alice agreed.

Chae saw Suzy attending to her parents' needs and the moment she left their table, Chae politely called her in.

"Ms. Suzy, can we ask you a favor?" Chae said shyly.

"Anything Ms. Park." Suzy's blushing again.

"So our kiddos here were fighting over your Yakgwas (Honey Pastry), do we still have some in there?" Chae asked.

"Absolutely Ms. Park, I'll just let the servers know," Suzy replied to Chae's relief.

"Uhm, Suzy, Suzy right?" Lisa barged in unannounced.

"Yes, Ms. Manoban."

"Do you know that our friend here, Alice Park, Chae's sister, has been checking you out since the beginning of this engagement party?"

"Lisa!" Jisoo was shocked by Lisa's sudden confession, but what shocked her the most was Alice's response.

"Why? What's wrong with checking out a woman like this beautiful and elegant?"

"Alice!" Jisoo, Jennie, and Chae said in chorus.

Suzy on the other hand was blushing uncontrollably upon hearing their conversation as if she ain't standing there with them.
She looks at Alice shyly and immediately regretted it because Alice is staring at her intently.

"I—, I'll let the servers know about your orders." Suzy almost did a walk-run just to avoid embarrassing herself more.

"See what both of you have done? You embarrassed the girl." Jennie scolded Lisa and Alice.

"Excuse me but she's not just a girl, she's hot and ethereal, and also, she's a woman." Alice defended.

"And also, it's better to try, take the risk, and get rejected than to never try at all. You of all people should know that, Jennie." Lisa backed Alice up.

"Oh gaaahhhh! I cannot with these two." Jennie said in exasperation.

Alice and Lisa did a high-five as if they have won a case or something. Chae just shrugged it off.

"Love!" Jennie pull in Chae's arms and brought themselves to an isolated part of the restaurant.

"Hey baby, can't you wait until we get home?" Chae asks.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Jennie also asks, innocently.

"I mean, what are we doing back here? Are we gonna, u-uhm?"

"Rosie! No!"

"Oh, I thought we will, I was also waiting for us to be alone you know. I kinda miss you." she grabs Jennie's waist and hugs her.

Jennie melted with the gesture. Who would not fall for this woman? Anyone would, too bad I already have her wrapped around my tiny fingers. She snapped at herself with those last thoughts.

"We will, later, and I miss you too, love. But I just wanted to ask why do you have to go such length just to propose to me, and this ring, love, I really love this, but this is so expensive. I know you can buy whatever you wish to buy hubby, but any kind of proposal, any ring will be perfect because you are the one doing it, you are the one giving it. I would still agree to marry you even if you proposed in your own room, I love your room because it smells like you, and it speaks about you a lot, or even if the ring isn't as extravagant as this. But I'm thankful, really, I just wanted to let you know that you are enough, more than enough, everything you do for me brings happiness to my soul, you are the joy of my whole being." Jennie said lovingly.

"I know baby, I know you might ask this to me. But Jen," she held Jennie's hands and brought it to her mouth and kisses them softly. "Jen, wifey, you deserve all of this. I know you'd say yes even if I didn't pull off stunts like these, but love, oh I love you so much that I cannot stop myself from giving you what you really deserve, you deserve the world baby. You've been through so much pain because of my obliviousness, so please let me replace every pain with my love. And if going with these lengths will show you how much you mean to me, then I'd gladly do it again, and again, and again. I love you so so very much Jennie Kim." Chae responded in a way of a declaration of her love for Jennie.

"Oh love! Thank you, really, I felt so loved." Jennie hugged Chae as if there's no tomorrow.

"Lo-love, I can't breathe." Chae breathlessly uttered.

"Oops, sorry baby," Jennie said and kisses Chae's cheeks.

"It's okay. So, Are you ready to start this new chapter with me?"

"Yes! I'm more than ready, I've been ready since nobody knows when. So yeah, I'm ready, I'm excited to start a new chapter and life with you. Because I'm with you, and because it's you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 554 10
My stutter makes it easy to become the center of attention for all the wrong reasons, so I try hard to stay out of the spotlight. But when Jennie Kim...
56.1K 1.3K 33
"Letting go has never crossed my mind. We only have to pretend a few more months til we disband, we can make it and we can finally tell the world tha...
2.9K 88 10
Lisa falls in love for the first time. She should be happy but things are not easy especially if the girl that she fell in love with was Jennie, her...
171K 3.7K 53
Lots say, once a best friend, always a best friend. What do you say? Obstacles, it has ensued in Lisa's life ever since that man stepped into their h...