Devils in the Details •Jasper...

Galing kay DreamOn51

"𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞" Willow Grace Davis is a sophomore at Forks High School, liv... Higit pa

•Cast•
𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒
Chαρτεr 1
Chαρτεr 2
Chαρτεr 3
Chαρτεr 4
Chαρτεr 5
Chαρτεr 6
Chαρτεr 7
Chαρτεr 8
Chαρτεr 9
Chαρτεr 10
Chαρτεr 11
Chαρτεr 12
Chαρτεr 13
Chαρτεr 14
Chᥲρtᥱr 15
Chαρτεr 16
Chαρτεr 17
Chαρτεr 19
Chαρτεr 20
Chαρτεr 21
Chαρτεr 22
Chαρτεr 23
Chαρτεr 24
Chαρτεr 25
Σριlσgυε

Chαρτεr 18

2.2K 94 34
Galing kay DreamOn51

"𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙳𝙸𝙳𝙽'𝚃 𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙳 𝙴𝙽𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙷!"

Jasper hated hospitals. Ever since their creation he hated them. They were nothing but a temptation with their endless blood supply and dying victims. For Jasper the worst part of hospitals was the sorrow that radiated from deep within the very walls of the building. The beeping of the machine connected to Willow startled Jasper out of his thoughts. Shortly after the door quietly opened with Carlise in his white coat stepping inside.

"How's Marshall?" Maggie's tired voice sounded from the couch, her hand rubbing her eyes.

"He's going to be okay. His wounds are superficial. Exhaustion is what took him out." Carlisle explained.

"That means he's going to be just fine." Iris followed in behind Carlisle.  "Maggie take Maya to Marshall's room. I think it would be good for both of you."

"Mom.."Maggie's reluctance to leave her best friend was noble to Jasper.

"Margaret." Aurora paused, lighting the candles to look at her daughter. "Please don't make her ask for a second time."

"Fine." Maggie grumbled, roughly shoving her sister awake. Jasper turned his eyes back towards Willow not registering the sisters leave until the door slammed.

"Teenagers." Iris muttered under her breath.

"I understand completely." Caslisle stated with his hand landing on Jasper's shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze like a father would do.

"Is she okay?"Jasper sounded like he was twelve again and his sister was dying from consumption.

"She has some broken ribs, a cracked jaw and some internal bruising." Carlisle picked up her chart flipping back through all of the pages. "Aurora is going to take over the healing."

" Is she going to be okay?" Jasper felt like a twelve year old again, like every adult in the room ignored his existence while someone he loved died.

"I'm going to heal of the internal injuries, plus some of her sting from other injuries. I can't take the bruising away or all of the pain from her neck, it would raise suspicion." Aurora explained while she set crystals around Willow on the bed.

"When will she wake up?" Jasper hated the fear in his voice, hated the child like fear in him.

Looking at her, frail, broken, and bruised tore him up inside him. He knew she was alive. He could hear her heart beating and her blood pumping. It was the visual of seeing her as broken as she is now but with her heart stopped. He couldn't imagine her dead. He hoped that he'd never have to see it.

"Maybe by morning. It's hard to tell with these things." Iris was helping Aurora with the last little bit of her set up.

Jasper had never seen a witch in action, he'd heard stories while he was Maria. They could create wonders the eyes couldn't fathom, miracles that rivaled the bibles telling, and the destruction for civilizations. Despite his worry he trusted Willow in Aurora and Iris's hands.

"Marshall is getting stronger." Aurora's hands hovered over Willow's throat, a slight pink glow encased her hands. "He completely healed her windpipe before it could kill her."

"It took everything in him." Iris gently brushed some of Willow's hair away from her face.  "They're going to need proper training soon."  Her voice turned sad but Jasper didn't read too much into it.

"Still, he's a natural." Carlisle reassured them. Jasper watched Aurora's hands slowly move up from Willow's neck to her face, the pink glowing brighter.

"Jasper honey, can you please step outside?" Aurora paused her sweet voice catching Jasper's attention. 

"What? Why?" Jasper turned his full attention to her but she was focused on Willow. Her lips muttering words in a different language, her hands steady over Willow. Iris stepped next to Jasper, her hand softly patting against his.

"She needs positive energy in order to heal and while I can regulate most of the energy in this room, your ability is too strong. You're projecting your anger, guilt, and grief onto all of us."

Iris's words called attention to Jasper's ability and he realized he had lost his iron grip. He quickly pulled it back in, like a force field that extends out to protect others. Jaspers would manipulate emotions and only when he wanted to. This is the only time he could recall losing control of his ability. But truth be told he never had a witch who could  manipulate energy around to tell what he was doing before.

"I- I didn't-" Jasper stuterd. 

"It's okay. The person you love is hurt and you can't do anything to help. No one is in control of their emotions in a situation like this. Not even a 150 year old vampire." Aurora twisted her head, some of her blond hair falling in her face. The small she gave him made Jasper feel less worried.

"Go son, spend a few hours with your siblings." Carlisle turned Jasper toward the door. "You need to feed and you need to sleep."

"I'm fine." Jasper tried to shrug him off but Carlisle pushed him toward the open door.

"Go." Carlisle ordered with a father-like tone, with reluctance Jasper walked out of the room. He watched the door close and stood in the hall for a while.

Unsure of what his next move was, Jasper's foot tapped, his hands buried in his pant pockets. After a few minutes of debating he turned toward the back exit, his boots stomping on the tile with every step. He shoved the back door open hard enough that it collided with the building, knocking chips of concrete off.

His siblings were all gathered there in the nearly empty back parking lot. Alice was sitting on top of Edwards silver car, legs crossed with her head tilted with sympathy in her eyes. Rosalie was leaning against the vehicle with a cigarette between her teeth. Emmett was sitting on the ground leaned up against his jeep. Edward stood off to the side, his hand wringing together. His nervous tick.

"She's going to be okay Jasper. I promise." Alice's normal cheerful voice was tainted with worry of her own.

"You didn't know?" Jasper turned his anger towards Alice.

"I swear I didn't know. It's like TV static everytime I try  to see his future." Alice gracefully jumped down to the ground. Jasper knew she was telling the truth. her worry was just as his. He could feel it radiating off of all of them, all except one.

"She's going to be okay." Rosalie tapped some of the ashes off of her cigarette. "Charlie arrested Noah."

"I should kill him." Jasper spat as he began to pace, his fingers flexing down by his side.

"I agree with Jasper." Emmett raised his hand.

"We can't kill him." Rosalie blew some smoke out of her nose. "No matter how bad I want to."

"Why not?" Jasper turned on her. Rosalie tossed the bud on the ground stomping on it as she stepped towards Jasper.

"Think for a second pinhead." She tapped her finger harshly against Jasper's forehead. "If you kill him we will have to leave. After we attended his funeral. You know Carlsile will make us. You will have to leave Willow behind." Rosalie stared up at him, her dark eyes narrowed.  "Is that what you want?"

"No." Jasper met her stare head on.

"Then pull yourself together." Rosalie gave him a slight push but he didn't budge. They stared at each other for a moment, both of them sending silent challenges at each other. After a few minutes Jasper sighed and reluctantly nodded some of the anger leaving his body.

"Edward? Are you okay?"Alice's question turned Jasper's attention to his brother.

"You haven't spoken since you got here." Emmetts words were lost in the background with Jasper's entire focus on Edward. The worry from his other siblings and the slight guilt they felt was nothing compared to Edward. The guilt that was consuming him was direct guilt the kind Jasper only felt from people who were somehow directly involved.

"I'm fine." Edwards' voice cracked and when his eyes met Jasper, it was over.

"You knew." Jasper growled.

"Jasper.." Edward took a step back when Jasper turned toward him.

"You knew the bastard was there and you knew what he was going to do." Jasper stormed towards his brother.

"What are you talking about?" Emmett was now in between the two, his hand on Jasper's chest holding him back from Edward.

"He's riddled with guilt." Jasper snarled.  "Not like the rest of us." Jasper's nostrils flared with anger. "No. This is a gut wrenching guilt. A 'I could have done more' guilt."

"Jasper. Wait!" Edward yelled just seconds before Jasper moved around Emmett tackling Edward.

The others watched as Jasper slammed through the windshield of his volvo. Edward quickly recovered and attempted to swing at Jasper. The blonde ducked and when Edward swung again with his left hand, Jasper caught his fist and with a twist flipped Edward onto the black top. The black top cratered around Edward and before he could recuperate Jasper grabbed him again.  

"Should we stop them?" Emmett asked as Jasper tossed Edward into a tree.

"No." Rosalie smirked. "It's good for both of them."

"How?" Alice cringed when Edward made contact with Jasper's face.

"Jasper is getting his pent up rage out and Edward deserves to have his ass kicked."  Rosalie explained her lips cracking into a smile when Jasper punched Edward back.

"If Edward can read minds, how is Jasper kicking his ass?" Emmett inquired, his eyes never leaving the fight.

"Jasper was created to fight." Rosalie's voice was stoic, her face expressionless. Rosalie didn't like to think of what her brother had gone through before he met them. "He's the soldier of legend and myth. You don't earn that title without having the skills."

Jasper finally pinned Edward up against the Volvo with his forearm pressed to Edwards throat. Cracks started to form on Edward's neck up to his cheek. Alice tried to step forward but Rosalie held her arm out blocking her sister.

"Why didn't you do anything?" Jasper pressed harder into Edwards neck.

"I tried to stop her." Edward's voice was calm against Jasper's hold.

"YOU DIDN'T TRY HARD ENOUGH!" Jasper screamed in his brother's face his entire focus on Edward. The rage inside of Jasper was so consuming that he didn't notice the cracks on Edwards face.

"I wasn't sure it was even him. His thoughts are like TV static to me too." Edward explained, the will to fight had left Edward completely.

"That's not a good enough excuse." Jasper

"I swear Jasper. If I had known for sure.." Ed

"You're full of shit." Jasper pulled him back and slammed him harder into the car. "Why didn't you stop her?" Jasper demanded, his eyes turning darker by the second.

"She wouldn't listen!" Edward rose up from the car pushing against Jasper slightly.

"Wrong answer." Rosalie clicked her tongue.

"Are you blaming her?" Jasper turned with his grip still tight on Edward, throwing him back onto the black top.

"No! I would never!" Edward pushed himself up onto his knees. "I'm sorry Jasper. I really am." There was desperation in voice and Jasper could feel his sorrow and guilt twisted into a cocktail. Jasper knew he was being too rough, maybe too harsh, but maybe Edward deserved it, Jasper would sort through it all later. Right now it was all rage.

"Jasper, that's enough." Alice's small hand landed Jasper's shoulder and her words had reason but Jasper still couldn't see straight.

"No it's not!" Jasper pulled back from her grip. "If he wasn't so against Willow, to her being human, he would have tried harder!" Jasper gestured towards Edward stepping back towards him with his rage and pain his only driving force.

"Jazz." Rosalie, one of the only two people who called him that, appeared in front of him.  "Come on, let's go on a hunt, get some air. Then some rest. We'll come back in the morning." Jasper stayed silent for a moment before his eyes left Edward to meet Rosalie's gaze. Unlike before her eyes were soft and filled with concern. 

"I can't leave her." Jasper relented and bowed his head in exhaustion.

"Edward and I will stay with her." Alice once again placed her small hands on Jasper's shoulder and with her words Jasper looked down at her with venom. "You're going to forgive him Jasper. But you both need time." Alice explained.

Jasper closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He had to stay calm. He had to reign in his ability before he projected his own anger onto everyone else. It was no one's fault but Noahs and Noah's alone. His anger towards Edward would fade and Jasper would see reason. Forgiveness was hard to come by as vampires.

"Fine." Jasper opened his eyes and nodded to Alice.   "I'll be back in the morning. If she opens her eyes, call me."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.4K 95 8
❝I think I may be downright and undeniably in love with you.❞ ❝That's not surprising. I'm one of a kind.❞ ──────────── After issuing an ultimatum for...
113K 1.8K 42
Kennedy Arielle Davis just moved to Forks, Washington. Follow her on her journey through love, loss, and heartache as she falls for a certain honey-b...
141K 3.2K 26
'She is kind but strong, And that is where so many mistake her. They interpret her kindness for weakness And force her to show her strength.' •JmStor...
131K 2.8K 22
Fifteen year old Maddie Hunter lost her parents when she was five years old due to a house fire. She was saved from sharing the same fate and was pla...