The Better Ones [JeongMin]

By jeongmin-

Jimin and Jeongyeon constantly spread nasty rumors about each other in their campus. š™– š™Ÿš™šš™¤š™£š™œš™®š™šš™¤š™£ š™­... More

Foreword
Characters/OST Bank
Prologue: Miss Cupid
Chapter 1: The Pharktom
Chapter 2: He's Everywhere
Chapter 3: Something About Him
The Bulletproof Update #1
Chapter 4: Confusions
The Bulletproof Update #2
Chapter 5: The Perfect Girl
The Cypher Update #1
The Bulletproof Update #3
Chapter 6: Nobody, Somebody
The Cypher Update #2
Chapter 8: Shining
The Bulletproof Update #4.1
The Bulletproof Update #4.2
Chapter 9: For a Show I
Chapter 10: For a Show II
The Cypher Update #3
The Cypher Update #4
Chapter 11: Controlled Emotions
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #1
The Bulletproof Update #5
Chapter 12: He-hello
The Cypher Update #5
Chapter 13: Interests and Whereabouts
The Cypher Update #6
Chapter 14: Like Him, Like Her
Park Jimin Update #1
Park Jimin Update #2
Chapter 15: The Protector
Chapter 16: Gut Feelings
Always Here
The Cypher Update #7
The Cypher Update #8
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #2
Chapter 17: Welcome Back
Chapter 18: Park Jimin I
Chapter 19: Park Jimin II
Chapter 20: Are You Okay?
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #3
Chapter 21: Pretend Play
The Cypher Update #9
Chapter 22: Five Harsh People
A Little Update
Chapter 23: Yoo Jeongyeon I
Chapter 24: Closure I
Chapter 25: Kim Taehyung
Chapter 26: Nayeon and Hoseok Time
Chapter 27: Playtime
Chapter 28: Dandelion

Chapter 7: Friends or Foes

326 31 9
By jeongmin-

Soon after realizing that he crushed the alcohol bottle that he was holding, Jimin put the stuff back in his locker not caring whether it'd spill there. He took a deep breath before clearing his throat, catching Taehyung and Jeongyeon's attention.

Jimin: Why are you here? Both of you.

Taehyung: Wae? We agreed to meet here. *still holding Jeongyeon's hand*

Jimin: *crossed his arms and leaned against the locker* Jinjja? *looks at Taehyung and Jeongyeon's locked hands*

Taehyung: *lets go of Jeongyeon's hand* Ne. Now, if you'll excuse us... we'll leave.

Jimin: *cackles* Yah! Why are you here, Yoo Jeongyeon?

Jeongyeon: *glares at Jimin*

Taehyung: I already told y—

Jimin: I'm not talking to you. Answer me, girl.

Taehyung: You're so frustrating! I told you we agreed to meet here.

Jimin: Jinjja? Here? Your locker area is K while hers is O, not G.

Taehyung: So what? My favorite letter is G... are you gonna cry about it?

Jimin: Liars everywhere... from her to you.

Taehyung: Again, I am not lying. Will you stop meddling in our business here? If we want to meet here, we will.

Jimin: You know what needs to stop? You loitering the locker area. Who are you following, huh?

Taehyung: If there's anyone who seems to be following people... it's you. How did you know our locker area?

Jimin: Because you loiter here and she— I just know. I don't care.

Taehyung: See? You're a stalker.

Jimin: No, I am not!!!

Taehyung: Oh goodness, you angry now? You angry 'coz you can't be number one, am I right?

Jimin: Shut the fuck up.

Taehyung: No, you shut the fuck—

Jeongyeon: STOP!!! Stop stop stop! Children of god, stop!

Taehyung: Jeongyeon-ah, mian—

Jeongyeon: Stop talking! Yah! Park Jimin! If it's gonna make your girly mouth shut up, we didn't agree to meet up here. I came here because I thought this is my area. Happy?

Jimin: Which is because...

Jeongyeon: What?

Jimin: C'mon, why did you think that this is your area? Say the word, you are a what?

Taehyung: Yah!

Jeongyeon: Here you go... I wasn't myself. I spaced out. My mind was floating. What else? I am stupid.

Jimin: Yes!! *chuckles* I won! *smirks*

Jeongyeon: 😟 You're happy because of that? I see, I'm dealing with a weirdo. I've had enough of today and it's because of you. Go ahead and post something about this. Tell everyone that I am stupid. Jimin, *calmly* you know I am not as bad as you thought I am. I just wanna let you know too that I hate our situation. *leaves*

Jimin: *puzzled, gulped*

Taehyung followed Jeongyeon outside the building until he noticed that she was limping. They chatted while they continued walking.

Taehyung: Jeongyeon-ah, are you okay? Would you like me to carry you?

Jeongyeon: Mwo?!! That'd be weird!!!

Taehyung: What's with the reaction? I was just trying to help. Uhm, by the way, I hope I didn't make things worse back there.

Jeongyeon: Ani. You saved me. Thanks, oppa.

Taehyung: You're not stupid. You're just tired.

Jeongyeon: I know.

Taehyung: I need to make sure that these stupid people won't lay a finger on you starting tomorrow. I want to be by your side, I wish I was your classmate.

Jeongyeon: Don't worry about me, I can handle it.

Taehyung: Are there any of your friends who you can be with you every second of the day?

Jeongyeon: I don't have. Nancy even ditched me.

Taehyung: She blocked me. I was gonna apologize to her. I wanted to ask her to be with you no matter what.

Jeongyeon: I'm fine... don't worry about me. But... if you really want to make me feel better, why don't you treat me to this ramen house nearby?

Taehyung: Aren't you needed at the diner?

Jeongyeon: I already asked Mrs. Park if I could not come tonight.

Taehyung: Aishhhh. Arasseo. To ramen house!

〰️

Since Taehyung wouldn't be able to be by Jeongyeon's side all the time, he took Mina's phone number from her by force to ask her if she could accompany his friend in his place— every second of the day at school.

Jeongyeon: As if Mina will be able to do anything 🙄

Taehyung: Have you seen her stare at people? She could be scary!

Jeongyeon: And when did you see her stare?

Taehyung: Randomly.

Truth is, Taehyung was referring to that time when Mina slammed her locker and stared at him, making his knees weak.

After taking Jeongyeon home, he immediately dialed Mina's phone number. He was flustered when he heard her on the other line that he wasn't able to speak for a few seconds.

Taehyung: Uhm... H—hi! It's me, Taehyung. Mina?

Mina: *dropped the call*

Taehyung: *looks at his phone* Is she mad? 😕 Guess I will just leave a message.

By the end of the day, Mina texted Taehyung back and he got to explain what happened in the locker last time. He was lying on his bed when he received her first text message. It surprised him too much that he suddenly sat up.

Text Message:

Taehyung: I didn't really mean to
offend you, Mina. I mean if that's
what it looked. I hope you
give me a chance.

Mina: Sunbaenim, you are
only asking if I can accompany
unnie every day, what do you mean
by giving you a chance?

Taehyung: To be your friend.

Mina: Ah. Too much favor. Just
choose one. What's more important?

Taehyung: Damn. I think I need to
look for another person to join Jeongie
every lunch.
Or should I just let her be alone? 😛

Mina: Haha. I'm only kidding.
I was upset, but nice talking to you.
A piece of advice though.
Don't force friendship.

Taehyung: But at least I wanna know
if you've already forgiven me.

Mina: Of course, sunbaenim.
Don't worry.
I've already thought about joining
Jeongyeon during lunch.
Even before you called.

Taehyung: Thank you 💕

End of Text Message

▶️ PLAY - I'm In Love - NARSHA

Taehyung: Shit. Why did I send that? *biting his thumb nail* She might freak out. Babo, Taehyung!

He was typing 'I'm sorry for the emoji, I'm too sleepy' when Mina responded. He automatically smiled after reading the message.

Text Message:

Taehyung: Thank you 💕

Mina: Haha 🤗

End of Text Message

Taehyung got back to lying on his bed again not planning to stop himself from smiling until he could sleep.

He was thinking about her sweet smile and how innocent Mina was. He was thinking how people could ignore her beauty— he was kind of disappointed but somehow grateful that no one could take Mina away from him, not that she was his... but he knew he wanted her. He was just taking it slow, he didn't want to make Mina run away from him again.

〰️

Jeongyeon: Did Taehyung-oppa talk you into this? It's okay Mina if you really don't want to—

Mina: It's fine. I already thought about this even before he asked me.

Jeongyeon: *smiles quickly* Thank you.

After a while, Taehyung entered the cafeteria and was about to approach the two but Jeongyeon stopped him and signaled him to sit at another table. She didn't want to bring any more attention if he would sit with them.

When she thought that the day was going well as people were not as awful as they were yesterday, the atmosphere changed and students began to whisper among themselves. It was also apparent that the majority of them were looking at her.

Jeongyeon: Is it just me or are they looking at me?

Mina: *looked around* I think... you are not imagining it. *eyes widened* andawitchisapproachingusokayshesalreadybehindyou.

Jeongyeon: Huh? *looked behind her* Sowon?

Sowon: *moved to their side* What the hell is your problem??

Jeongyeon: *sips juice* Excuse me? 😐

Taehyung: *stood up and was about to get in between them*

Jeongyeon: Oppa, stay there. Let me handle this.

Taehyung: *frustratingly rubs his forehead and sighs but stopped just behind Sowon*

Jeongyeon: What do you need from me?

Sowon: Jimin did not come to school today.

Jeongyeon: It doesn't concern me. 😑

Sowon: I think it does. Why are you following him everywhere? You even followed him in the lockers? Are you that obsessed with him? He's terrified of you!

Jeongyeon: What? 😑

The way Jeongyeon showed disinterest to Sowon irritated and triggered her. She abruptly snatched the nearest drink to splash it to Jeongyeon's face. Thankfully, Taehyung's reflexes were faster than hers. He was able to stop Sowon by getting in between them grabbing the plastic cup.

It prevented Jeongyeon from being wet but Sowon and Taehyung's uniforms caught a bit of a drip from the juice.

Sowon: *eyes and mouth widened*

Before Sowon could get away, Taehyung grabbed her wrist with all his strength. His jaws were clenching. She was trying to escape from his grip but he was just too strong. He then forcefully made Sowon's hand spill the drink to her uniform which earned gasps from the students.

He let go of her but Sowon couldn't even budge because of shock.

Taehyung: Tss. I don't think it's enough. *took the ketchup bottle from Jeongyeon and Mina's table and squeezed out the ketchup to Sowon's head* Nice.

Jeongyeon: *stood up* Oppa! Enough!

Everybody went silent, Sowon was shaking from where she stood, and Jeongyeon and Mina were kind of freaked out.

Jeongyeon had always known that Taehyung was wicked— everyone at school did. But she still couldn't believe that he'd take it this far.

Taehyung: Yah! Listen, everyone! *glared around the cafeteria as he speaks* Don't you all dare touch Yoo Jeongyeon and any of her friends. That's a warning! I don't care if I'd get expelled. What I did here was just 2% of what I can do.

After his little speech, he started walking to get out of the cafeteria. The students were watching him— they were all terrified. When he finally stepped outside, the students continued eating but did not speak anything about what happened anymore.

Sowon, on the other hand, was finally snapped back to reality and stormed out. She was crying when she passed by Taehyung who was slowly walking down the hallways.

Nayeon: TAEHYUNG-AH!!

Taehyung sighed hearing the familiar voice before he looked behind.

Taehyung: Unnie... *pokerfaced*

Nayeon: What the hell was that??

Taehyung: 🤷🏻

Nayeon: Why would you do that to Sowon??

Taehyung: Call her out! I was just trying to protect my friend!

Nayeon: Who? Yoo Jeongyeon? She's our foe! She's from The Bulletproof! She's just gonna ruin your image like what she's been doing with Jimin's!

Taehyung: Listen, soil-digging-being...

Nayeon: What??!!

Taehyung: The Cypher is outside my personal life. Understand that. That girl... is my friend. Not you, not even Kim Seokjin, and most especially not Park Jimin. I will do whatever I want to do. I don't care about my image.

Nayeon: *shocked*

Taehyung walked back to the cafeteria, took his food from his former table, and sat beside Jeongyeon. The students avoided looking at him.

Jeongyeon: Yah! *punches his arms repeatedly* Are you stupid?? Why would you do that???

Taehyung: Wae? I don't want any of these people to hurt you.

Jeongyeon: But that was too much!

Taehyung: Your knees are still wounded, I think that's too much.

Jeongyeon: Sowon didn't do anything to my knees.

Taehyung: But she's like the trigger. I am pretty sure she leads their cult.

Mina: Sunbaenim...

Taehyung: Cut that, you can call me oppa.

Mina: I— okay, oppa. *blushes* Uhm, why did you go back?

Taehyung: I haven't eaten my lunch yet.

Jeongyeon: Huh? Then why did you walk out of the cafeteria?

Taehyung: C'mon, a speech like that requires you to have a dramatic exit.

Jeongyeon: What an idiot. 😑

Mina: *giggles*

Taehyung: She laughed. *pointing at Mina*

Jeongyeon: You're both idiots.

They were peacefully eating when Taehyung saw Jihyo march to their seats.

Taehyung: Oh. Jihyo's here.

Jihyo: Unnie! *hugs Jeongyeon* Are you okay? Did you get hurt?

Jeongyeon: Ani! Is it your lunchtime too?

Jihyo: Ne. What happened here already circulated online. I was so worried I ran coming here. *sits beside Mina*

Jeongyeon: Ah. Mina... this is Jihyo, my bestfriend. Jihyo, she's my classmate and new friend.

Jihyo: *shakes hand with Mina* Annyeong.

Jihyo: So, what happened? Why did that witch suddenly approach you?

Jeongyeon: She said something about following Jimin in the lock— oh no! *took her phone from her pocket and checked Instagram* That jerk!

Jihyo: *looks at Jeongyeon's phone cackles* What exactly did Sowon say?

Mina: I remember she told Jeongyeon-unnie that Jimin is terrified of her.

Jeongyeon: And that I am the reason why he didn't come to school today. Tss.

Jihyo: You know what, I think she's just jealous! *still laughing* Look, he's basically flirting with you.

Jeongyeon: Huhhh??? I think you should eat.

Jihyo: She's jealous that Jimin can't give her attention. *shaking her head*

Jeongyeon: I told him to post this and tell everyone that I am stupid. But instead, this son of a bitch told everyone that I am head over heels for him. Arggggh!

〰️

It was almost the time to go back to their classes when Kim Jun Myeon/Suho, a member of the disciplinary committee, approached them.

Kim Jun Myeon/Suho, 30

Suho: Kim Taehyung? You are being called to the discipline office.

Taehyung: W—what???

Suho: Ms. Yoo, come with us.

The two exchanged looks before following Suho.

Inside the office were the head of the committee— Ju Ji Hoon, another member of the committee— Lee Ji-Eun, and Sowon.

Ju Ji Hoon, 39

Lee Ji-Eun, 29

Suho: Sit down.

The office was wide that it could fit ten people at most. Sitting behind the table was Ji Hoon and on its left were four small tables that were for the members of the committee. In front of these were four stools in which two were facing across the other two.

Sowon was alone on the left side while Taehyung and Jeongyeon were seated beside each other.

Ji Hoon: Ms. Kim here informed us of what you did in the cafeteria. Care to explain, Mr. Kim?

Taehyung: She was bullying Jeongyeon so I came to protect her.

Sowon: I'm not denying that, okay? But why did you have to forcefully pour the drink on me and put ketchup on my head? You could've just stopped me.

Ji Hoon: So?

Taehyung: She embarrassed my friend.

Ji-Eun: So you took revenge?

Suho: What are you, a kdrama hero?

Taehyung: What? No! I don't watch kdrama! Tss.

Jeongyeon: Jinjja?

They continued discussing what happened until it was already time for the decision. The committee asked Jeongyeon and Sowon to go back to their classes so that they could talk to Taehyung about it in private.

Ji Hoon: Upon deliberation...

Taehyung: What? Did you really deliberate??

Ji Hoon: Yes, we have a group chat.

Taehyung: Group chat? You are literally beside each other.

Ji Hoon: ...

Taehyung: Sorry, go on.

Ji Hoon: You are suspended for a week.

Taehyung: What??? No!! How will I tell my parents about this? My mother will be furious.

Ji-Eun: Jinjja? We were told that you announced earlier that you don't care even if you get expelled.

Taehyung: Of course that's just for the effect! That's how they do it in kdramas.

Suho: I thought— never mind. 😑

Jeongyeon waited for Taehyung outside the office. She couldn't go back to her class knowing that Taehyung might be punished for something that she was partly responsible for.

When he got out, he genuinely smiled at her, wrapped his arms around her shoulders, and proceeded to walk with her.

Jeongyeon: How was it?

Taehyung: I'm suspended 😁

Jeongyeon: What? Why are you smiling??

Taehyung: Because for a week, I won't have to attend my classes. I will focus on protecting you and Mina.

Jeongyeon wanted to hit his head. One reason was for being so stupid since he should've known that he won't be able to enter their campus if he was suspended, the other reason was obviously still for what he did to Sowon. If they'd let Sowon pour juice on her, it would be her who'd be facing that decision.

But then, she realized that she wouldn't have the thought of telling the committee what could've happened.

She looked at Taehyung, smiled, and pulled his waist. She was side-hugging him while they walked going to her classroom.

〰️

Park Jimin did not attend school because he didn't get enough sleep. What Jeongyeon told him really got him.

She hates our situation? What situation?

He felt guilty for making her tell herself that she was stupid so instead of putting what really happened in the caption, he just came up with a lighter, unreal story.

Although he was not feeling well, he went to a vinyl shop at around 7 PM. Whenever Jimin was stressed, he'd come here. He was staring at Jeongyeon's comment on his post when he heard her voice. He quickly hid— he wouldn't want to be punched here and get banned forever.

Jimin listened to the conversation.

Jeongyeon: Don't you have the other volume of this record?

Seulgi: Yoo Jeongyeon??

Jeongyeon: Oh my god! Seulgi! It has been a while!

Seulgi: I know!! How are you?

Jeongyeon: I'm— okay? I guess. It's quite challenging.

Seulgi: Jinjja? Wae?

Jeongyeon: Hmm, let's say maybe I'm now being a target of bullies at school.

Seulgi: Omo! Jinjja??? I can't imagine it. I mean... people at your previous school would tremble when they see you.

So are they schoolmates or not?

Jeongyeon: That was before, Seulgi. I no longer have that power here in Seoul. Also, I don't want them to know that. I just made friends!

Seulgi: Hmm, but can they protect you? I mean, you were so good at protecting yourself. You didn't need friends back then.

Jeongyeon: I needed you! *laughs*

Seulgi: Our shop, you mean.

Okay. So they were not schoolmates but Seulgi knows what school Jeongyeon went to. And what are they talking about?

Jeongyeon: Yes! And you! I mean, you're the only person I could talk to at that time.

Seulgi: Oops, I think more people will be coming in... take our card. That's my number. Text me.

Jeongyeon: Yeah, sure. How much for this by the way.

Seulgi: It's yours, my gift to you. I couldn't send you off so that's my send-off gift. Super late but, yeah.

Jimin: *muttering* Unfair!

Jeongyeon: Jinjja???? Wow! Seulgi! Thank you!!

Not long after Jeongyeon and the other customers left, Jimin went to the counter.

Jimin: *clears throat* Seulgi...

Kang Seulgi, 21

Seulgi: Oppa! You're stressed again?

Jimin: Ne. How much for these?

Seulgi: 35,000 KRW.

Jimin: Okay. Also, there's something else that I wanna ask.

Seulgi: Yes?

After hearing what Jimin wanted to know, Seulgi creased her forehead. She thought a lot. Why would Jimin want to know? What was his relation to Jeongyeon? Would Jeongyeon be okay with that? She thought for a minute or two.

Seulgi: Arasseo, I'll write it down for you.

〰️

A/N: Hiii! Hehe so many special characters unlocked on this chapter.

I was publishing the chapter earlier when Wattpad crashed. Thank goodness I was able to save the chapter on my notes or else I would have to rewrite half of it 😭😭

Ahhhh I just noticed that we already got 2k reads for this book and 7k for the other (Feel Special). Thank you 💕💕💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 2.6K 20
Y/n has never been the one to initiate a friendship nor does she have the courage to do so. Having overly strict parents contrary to the luxurious li...
40.9K 1.6K 27
a min yoongi x park jihyo fanfic. #2 in yoongyo 05/09/18 #51 in bangtwice 05/09/18 #6 in yoonghyo 03/20/20
16.6K 848 22
Jeongyeon, a multi-millionaire heir meets Jimin, a stripper. Jimin, her sperm donor 5 years ago. Jimin, the father of her child. š™– š™Ÿš™šš™¤š™£š™œš™®š™šš™¤ļæ½...
68.4K 3.4K 37
Even after five years of break up Jimin could not forget Dahyun but his ego never let him to contact her in this long five years. Just like past four...