Dating Mr. Mogul (Book 2 of M...

By MelonDiaries

SAMPLE ONLY! CHAPTERS TAKEDOWN ON AUGUST 12, 2020. "I'm having second thoughts about going with him, about th... More

Copyright. Disclaimer.
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten

Eight

93.3K 2.4K 163
By MelonDiaries

"Are you ignoring me again?" he asked as I closely listened on the other end of the phone.

"I was just saying goodbye to Sydney," I said grimly, annoyed at his moodiness. "Are we always going to be like this?"

I heard him sigh before his tone smoothened. "Are you done? I'm already downstairs."

"What? You are here? I thought you are busy," I replied breathlessly. I couldn't see him after that quick kiss this afternoon. I flushed just remembering it.

"I want to see you, so I came," he replied sincerely, making me wonder how he looked right now.

"What..." I trailed off breathlessly. I cleared my throat as I tried to put more volume on my voice. "I will be right down in a minute," I stated softly before ending the call. I knew it was futile talking some more since we would see each other, anyway.

I quickly headed down the lobby, feeling my heart pick up its pace. I took a deep breath before heading out of the lift to face the inevitable. When I got out of the building, my eyebrow scrunched together as I eyed the empty pavement in front of the company building. Did I dream about that phone call?

As I was about the reach for my phone to check, a familiar black SUV pulled up in front of me. I stiffened for a second as I stared at it. When the car parked in front of me, I snapped out of my trance and quickly walked towards it. Before I got within a foot away from the passenger door, it opened and revealed its passenger.

I grimly stared at William and then scanned the slightly busy sidewalk to see if someone was looking at us. When I felt sure that no one was looking, I hastened my pace and jumped in the car before William could consider going out to meet me halfway.

"I thought we already had this talk about being seen too much in public," I stated sternly, pursing my lips in disagreement.

"There aren't paparazzi around, Andy. Those guys don't have the free time right now since my sister is getting married," he said dryly.

"Which is a good reason why you should watch your back more. Your family would be a hot topic leading up to the wedding," I countered in disbelief.

He opened his mouth to reply but shut it back as he saw the weight of my words. He eyed me for a second, analyzing my expression before he sighed in defeat. "I get what you mean, and you are right this time."

I watched him in surprise, a bit taken aback by his quick agreement to my views. "Wow, this is new. You are agreeing quickly after one round," I stated smugly, a smirk tugged at the end of my lips.

"Don't get used to it. I only agreed because you have a point there." He chuckled in amusement. That moment was gone when his expression turned serious again. "So, that would mean they'll probably follow me around again this week," he pointed out knowingly.

There was a short silence in the car as Mark drove quietly in the night towards my apartment. I hope it was where he was taking us right now. We couldn't afford to go anywhere together if there was a possibility of my gut feeling being right. Then I remembered our lunch together this afternoon. I stiffened as I searched my memory for someone who looked suspicious enough to be a journalist. I couldn't have this all over the front page of the daily paper after what happened last time. It would be difficult to deny something that was actually true now.

I let out a sigh of relief as Mark parked the car in front of my apartment although I felt disappointed that William and I aren't staying longer together. I lingered for a few seconds on my seat while trying to think of a way to say goodbye, but before I got to say anything, I was shoved back as an arm wrapped around my waist.

Surprised at the sudden movement, I squealed in protest. I was about to swat his hand away, but when I looked up, he had another surprise for me. I stiffened as my lips came in contact with his. I was rigid and unresponsive for a second, but when my body adjusted to the feeling, I slowly give in to the kiss.

It was slow and very intimate at first, but as the kiss deepened, it became a feverish, urgent kiss, like we were afraid it would be the last. My body reacted to his touch. I faintly registered that he released the arm he held around my waist, but he had no plans on letting me go. With a light caress, he ran his hands up my back while his free hand guided my body closer to him. Even though those little acts, our lips remained locked with each other.

When he finally moved away to give us both time to breathe, I got a deeper grasp of the position I was in. It didn't help that as I was already flushed from that passionate kiss. Our ragged breath added to the erotic feeling as I straddled him with my knees placed on both sides of his hips.

"How long have you wanted to do that to me?" he asked teasingly, his voice hoarse.

I blushed more at his words as my brain finally remembered the two other men in the car with us. I ignored him for a second and snuck a peek at the front of the car. When I saw that it was empty, I sighed heavily in relief. The car engine was still running, though. It fueled William's amusement of the situation.

"When did he get out of the car?" I asked shyly and quickly glanced at the view of Mark's head on the side of the driver's door facing away from the tinted window

"I think the moment you squealed. I quickly snapped my fingers to ask them to get out before you could notice," he replied with a chuckle, making me turn back towards him.

I watched him die on the eyes but couldn't maintain my stern expression as he lightly rubbed my back. The feeling reminded me of that day a month ago when he did the same soothing back rub to me at the hospital. A lot had happened since that day.

"Right. Good thing that you asked them. I wouldn't be able to look at their faces if they've witnessed that," I mumbled as I shook my head in disbelief.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about last weekend," he stated after a beat of silence. He sounded serious.

I gave him a small appreciative smile before kissing his cheeks as a thank you. "I'm sorry for not telling you about Evan a few days ago," I countered in a light tone after pulling away from him.

His hands slowly slide down my back towards my thigh. Though there was a thick fabric between his hands and my leg, the action itself was enough to drive my mind into a series of wild imaginations.

"We should do more sharing," he stated with a beaming smile.

I grinned at him and grabbed his tie to fix it playfully. Though it wasn't wrinkled, I wanted something to do with my hands before I could decide to pull him again for another kiss. When did I become so needy?

"Finally, something we both could agree on," I replied with a wink.

He chuckled in amusement before he moved his hands away from my leg, bringing it back up to my back. "Good. How about we do that every time we meet?" he suggested, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

I nodded with a smile, loving the moment we were in right now. It was rare. It might be the first time since we were together that we acted out of the pull of physical attraction we had for each other. I suddenly had butterflies in my stomach at the thought of having this kind of moments whenever we are alone.

"I think you should head up now. It's late, and I want you to rest. I know you didn't have that much sleep," he said softly and cupped my face with his right hand. He lightly rubbed his thumb in a back and forth motion under my eyes.

I gave him a sad smile, remembering why I had those evident eye bags in the first place. "Well, I suggest you call me next time even if you just wanted to yell at me," I stated sourly though my tone didn't have a bitter edge to it.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled sadly, though he kept the smile on his face.

"Me too," I replied as I leaned in for one last kiss.

The second kiss wasn't as passionate and heated as the last one, but it held more meaning and emotions. It was a kiss of forgiveness and acceptance. It was a kiss to pull us out of whatever anger we had towards each other. After that, I gripped my hand tighter on his blazer, wanting the moment to last longer.

As I closed the door to my apartment, I learned by the frame feeling my knee give out. I reached up towards my lips, remembering our kiss a few minutes ago. A blush was creeping up to my face, so I fanned myself lightly, hoping to cool myself down.

When I was able to gather my thoughts, I silently made my way towards the living room where I heard a faint noise coming from the television screen. I did a double-take as I eyed the two men sitting on my couch.

"When did you two get here? Why didn't you tell me you were visiting?" I asked as I glanced between Terry and Andrew.

"Andy! You are back!" Terry cheered in greeting as he jumped on his feet. He skipped in my direction and enveloped me in a bear hug.

"Don't try to change the subject," I grumbled under my breath as he held me tightly. "Can you let me go now? I can't breathe," I added.

"Sorry. I just missed you," he gushed cheekily and returned to the couch.

I followed him while eying the back of his head suspiciously. "Hi, Andrew. I suppose you are the only decent person in this room who can answer my question without attacking me," I said as I turned my attention to Terry's lover, who sat silently throughout the exchange. I can tell his amusement from the smirk on his face, though.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion, Andy. Your dad called Terry while he was on his way to pick me up. He wanted some help with recording some show on the television, but when we got here, there was no recorder attached to it to record the show," Andrew replied shyly.

"I was also thinking about that before I called, but you know technology these days. I thought it was possible with this television," my dad suddenly interrupted as he appeared, standing in the hallway leading to our rooms.

I turned towards his voice, a small amused smile plastered on my face. "Didn't you listen to me when I told you about it last time? We didn't have that recording thing," I pointed out half-heartedly as I kept my voice light and less angry.

"Well, I'm glad that you called us, Mr. Peterson. Andy here had already forgotten about me since she started hanging around a lot with her hot-shot Mogul boyfriend," Terry stated teasingly, making me look at him in a warning.

"Oh! Don't be jealous, Terry. He doesn't have the class to ever replace a man like you in my life," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"He can try, but he already lost the moment he wanted to bang—" he countered with a wicked grin but stopped when I cleared my throat, realizing that he was about to cross the line.

"Okay, Okay. Let's stop talking about me. So, what is this show you wanted to watch Dad?" I said to divert the topic away from my relationship.

As my father gave me his reply, I glared at Terry for a second while he eyed me teasingly. I smiled at his failed attempt at embarrassing me in front of my father. Terry could be quite aggressive when you challenge him in a battle of witty comebacks.

Since it was the start of football season, my father had been recently glued to the television. Tonight, we were watching a recap game of his favorite team. Even though he already knew who won, his reactions to each goal were all the same. It was a sight to see my father so enthusiastic again.

After the game, Terry and Andrew decided to call it a night. I was so distracted from the moment I came in the door that it took me a while for me to realize that Terry was supposed to be at work tonight. When I asked him about it as I walked them out, he looked hesitant and disgruntled for a second.

"I quit," he finally admitted in a whisper.

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked in surprise and then it crossed my mind. Now, it explained a lot of things from the last time we met.

"I wanted to tell you when he had those drinks last Friday, but I couldn't. I know you'll be up to my case, and you are currently dating my boss's boss," he replied abashedly.

"You didn't tell me because I'm dating William?" I stated in disbelief, a little appalled at his admission. I thought there wouldn't come a day where people around me would start hiding things because of the people I associated in my life, but I spoke too soon.

"Don't blame this on yourself. I can see it on your face. This is not about you. This is on me. I didn't want to worry you. You dating William is enough trouble and stress as it is," he stated, his eyes filled with sincerity.

I stared back at him with the same intensity before nodding in agreement. I understood why he didn't tell me. Terry was one of those people who didn't like to burden others with his problems. It was one trait of him that I found admirable.

In defeat, I reached up and pulled him into a hug. My actions took him by surprise for a second, but he responded after he understood the situation. Faintly, I could see Andrew standing wearily beside him. While my head rested on his shoulder, I glanced up toward Andrew and mouthed 'please take care of him'. In reply, he gave me a quick nod and a smile.

When they were gone, I went back inside and crasheddown on the living room couch. I understood what Terry had told me. I knew whatI'm going to be dealing with if I dated a man like William Maxwell. I knew thatthe huge difference in social status would be a strain on our relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 43 9
Hendry Arnaud Camden came from a long line of wealth. Hendry was groomed to be one of the successors of his family's wealth. With all the strict rule...
84.2K 3.7K 79
"Do you have any idea how damn frustrating you are?" He trapped me between him and the wall. Stubbornly, I looked squarely at him, "You say this lik...
1.5M 50.5K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...
544 32 15
"I shouldn't be loving you..." Sandy and Anthony have been best friends since high school despite their differences in backgrounds. Sandy is hardwork...