Number One || Oikawa x Reader

By KoocieMonster

"It's very easy to be number one: find the guy who is number one, and score one point higher than he does." ... More

โ™” ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š™๐š˜๐š—๐šœ๐š’๐š‹๐š•๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐š…๐š˜๐š•๐š•๐šŽ๐šข๐š‹๐šŠ๐š•๐š• โ™”
โ™” ๐™พ๐š™๐šŽ๐š— ๐™ฑ๐š˜๐š˜๐š” โ™”
โ™” ๐š„๐š—๐š”๐š—๐š˜๐š ๐š— โ™” ๏ฟผ
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š•๐š˜๐šœ๐šŽ๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐™ฟ๐šŽ๐š˜๐š™๐š•๐šŽ ๐™ฟ๐š•๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š› โ™”
โ™” ๐š†๐šŠ๐š”๐šŽ ๐š„๐š™ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— โ™”
Tired
โ™” ๐š‚๐š•๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š™๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐™พ๐š—๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐š‚๐š•๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š™๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ โ™”
โ™” ๐š‚๐š•๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š™๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐šƒ๐š‘๐š›๐šŽ๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฝ๐šž๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ โ™”
โ™” ๐š‚๐š’๐š–๐š™๐š•๐šŽ ๐šˆ๐šŽ๐š ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š–๐š™๐š•๐šŽ๐šก โ™”
โ™” ๐™ท๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š•๐š๐š‘๐šข ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŠ๐š• โ™”
โ™” ๐™ด๐š’๐š“๐š’'๐šœ ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐šข โ™”
โ™” ๐™ณ๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š™๐šŽ๐š› ๐š„๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐š’๐š—๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐™พ๐šž๐š› ๐šƒ๐š›๐šž๐š๐š‘ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š๐šŽ๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐™พ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ๐š‚๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐š‚๐šŽ๐š๐š๐š•๐š’๐š—๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐™บ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐šœ๐šž๐š—๐š˜ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐Ÿธ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ถ๐š˜๐š˜๐š ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐šข โ™”
โ™” ๐š๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š’๐š™๐š›๐š˜๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š– ๐™ฑ๐šŽ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‚๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š– โ™”
โ™” ๐™ป๐š’๐š๐šŽ ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š๐š ๐š’๐š—๐šŽ๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š'๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐™ณ๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐™ฑ๐šŽ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š› โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฝ๐š˜ ๐™พ๐š—๐šŽ'๐šœ ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š–๐š’๐š—๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฑ๐šŽ๐š•๐š˜๐š  ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‚๐šž๐š›๐š๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š–๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š ๐™ฒ๐š›๐š˜๐š ๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š—๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐Ÿน โ™”
โ™” ๐™ท๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š•๐š๐š‘๐šข ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŠ๐š• ๐š๐šŽ๐š’๐š—๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฐ๐š–๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐š๐š˜๐š˜๐š๐š๐š˜๐š™ โ™”
โ™” ๐š๐šŽ๐š•๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœ๐š‘๐š’๐š™๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š–๐š™๐šŠ๐š—๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šŠ๐š‹๐š•๐šŽ ๐š‚๐š’๐š•๐šŽ๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š ๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š— โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฐ ๐™ฑ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š” โ™”
โ™” ๐™ท๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ณ๐š’๐šœ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐š๐š’๐š๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฝ๐šŽ๐š  ๐™ผ๐š˜๐š˜๐š— โ™”
โ™” ๐šƒ๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š—๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ ๐šˆ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฟ๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฝ๐šŠ๐š๐šž๐š›๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ด๐š—๐š“๐š˜๐šข๐š–๐šŽ๐š—๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐™ต๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐š…๐šŠ๐š•๐šž๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š˜๐š•๐šž๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— โ™”
โ™” ๐™ผ๐šŽ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐™ท๐š’๐š– โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฟ๐š›๐šŽ-๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š‘๐š’๐š๐š‘ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š‘๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐™พ๐š—๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š‘๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š‘๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐šƒ๐š‘๐š›๐šŽ๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฝ๐šž๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐™พ๐š—๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฑ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐™ต๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ต๐šŠ๐š–๐š’๐š•๐šข โ™”
โ™” ๐šƒ๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š ๐™ฑ๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐š๐š˜๐š–๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐š’๐šŒ ๐š๐šŽ๐š•๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฟ๐š›๐š˜๐š“๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ๐šž๐šœ ๐š๐šŽ๐š๐š•๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— โ™”
โ™” ๐š‚๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐™ฑ๐š•๐šž๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐šƒ๐šž๐š›๐š— ๐š˜๐š ๐™ด๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐š†๐š‘๐šข ๐™ท๐š’๐š–? โ™”
โ™” ๐™ท๐šŽ'๐šœ ๐šˆ๐š˜๐šž๐š›๐šœ, ๐™ฝ๐š˜๐š ๐™ผ๐š’๐š—๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฒ๐š•๐š˜๐šœ๐šž๐š›๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ถ๐š›๐š˜๐š ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š„๐š™ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ต๐š’๐šก โ™”
โ™” ๐š๐š˜๐šž๐š๐š’๐š—๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ธ๐š— ๐™ท๐š’๐š๐š’๐š—๐š โ™”
โ™” ๐™ต๐š’๐š—๐šŠ๐š•๐šœ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ต๐š’๐š—๐šŠ๐š• ๐™ต๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ๐š ๐šŽ๐š•๐š• โ™”
โ™” ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š? โ™”
โ™” ๐šƒ๐š›๐šŠ๐š’๐š—๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š–๐š™ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐š'๐šœ ๐š†๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š” โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฑ๐š’๐š›๐š๐š‘๐š๐šŠ๐šข ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐™พ๐š—๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฑ๐š’๐š›๐š๐š‘๐š๐šŠ๐šข ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ฑ๐š’๐š›๐š๐š‘๐š๐šŠ๐šข ๐™ฟ๐š. ๐šƒ๐š‘๐š›๐šŽ๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐™ด๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š‚๐šž๐š–๐š–๐šŽ๐š› โ™”
โ™” ๐™ต๐š’๐š›๐šœ๐š ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐š˜๐š’๐šŒ๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐š„๐š—๐šœ๐š™๐š˜๐š”๐šŽ๐š— โ™”
โ™” ๐š๐šŽ๐š•๐šŠ๐šข โ™”
โ™” ๐™ต๐š˜๐š› ๐™ผ๐šŽ ๐™ต๐š˜๐š› ๐™พ๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ โ™”
โ™” ๐š๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š•๐š’๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— โ™”

โ™” ๐š๐šŽ: โ™”

731 42 49
By KoocieMonster

Recap:

"To finals." (F/n) said and placed her hand in the middle of the volleyball.

Day two, round three and quarter finals, of Interhigh ended with another victory for both Aoba Johsai's teams.

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

Oikawa's eyes when he looked at (F/n) gave it completely away. He was just holding Watanabe and talking to Watanabe exactly the he was now to (F/n), but it was so obviously and completely and utterly different. Everything was different, his smile, his eyes, even the way he titled his head when he listened and spoke.

It was so obvious to everyone. Both team's gazes, collectively, fell onto Watanabe. Even (F/n)'s gaze parted from Oikawa to nonverbal apologize to Watanabe.

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) and Watanabe be finally reached the road where their paths split. They stood diametrically opposing sides facing one another. The air was eerily quiet. With a small exhaled, that's when Watanabe decided to speak. "Without sparing anyone's feelings, even your own, I just want you to think about something." The question that (F/n) was spend all night thinking about came out:

"When you look at Oikawa, do you see somebody looking back at you? Or do you see somebody that's in love with you?"

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

"Yeah. You're going to be there, right? You promised." (F/n) said to her mother while walking over to the kid's bags.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." Her mom declared. "Your father is coming?"

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) leaned her head against Oikawa's arm. He looked down at her, "Let's just try our best today for whatever reason we do or do not know. Kay?" (F/n) said.

"Okay."

"Promise me you'll do your best."

"I promise."

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) got up and left the group to call her mom once again. And once again it went to straight voicemail. Once the beep went off, she spoke.

"Hi, it's me again... calling. I'm still just wondering where you are. You missed semi-finals. But you can still make it to finals, even if you're not on time, you know I just want you to show up. Uh- Uncle and Dad are here. And I'm playing against Midori. It's been a long time since you've seen them... Um, yeah, I just... just call me back when you get this. Bye. See you soon?" (F/n) hung up.

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) was benched with her head on her knees, her arms were crossed in her front to block her face. It was so obvious that she was crying. She just didn't want anyone to see. Coach Glenn didn't do well with tears and Daisuke didn't want to overstep so they just let her sit in between them and cry.

Besides (F/n), everyone's frustration was so evident on court. With the current score board, it was understandable. They needed to win. They needed this game... but that didn't mean they get to just because they needed to win this game.

Omonojawa High School was ruthless and powerful. No half-ass or mediocre plays would get through them.

Oikawa checked the stands for the people that were here. Ray, Fukui's older brother... (F/n)'s friend and his girlfriend.... five former third years from last year... what looked to be (F/n)'s Dad and his family... (F/n)'s Mom's fiancé... but no trace of (F/n)'s mother.

That's what it was.

Oikawa took the biggest breath of his life and held on to the railing. He shouted for full to make sure (F/n) could here him. "Baka!" He screamed. Everyone in the stands stared at him.

"You promised me that you'll do your best, you dumby! When did you start going around and breaking your promises!? Are you seriously going to give up this easily!? Stop being a selfish brat and get up! Get up! Who cares about the people who aren't here for you, there are people who are! Get up! Get up, get up, get up! Your friends need you, don't leave them alone! You're leaving them when they need you! Suck it up and get up, you idiot!"

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) kept her head down and her gaze low. Still, she recognized her mom coming after the match was over. In a suit, she wasn't even suppose to go to work today.

"(F-"

"Don't." I replied. "You were busy."

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) just broke down. My voice lowered after her speech, "...How come she don't want me?"

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) was a quiet person, just never this quiet. As their walk continued, Oikawa kept looking towards (F/n) who always stared straight. It didn't look like there was anything or anyone behind her eyes anymore.

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

Everyone was in the living room with (F/n). Their personalities were very evident in all their characters. For a group that had just lost their game and maybe even their club, they were very lively. It was obvious on her face, but they did brighten her mood up even if it was for just a bit.

Everyone worked together to make cookies. It was exactly what you expect from a group of teenagers baking cookies together— lots of screaming, insulting, singing, goofing off, competing etc.

┈┈✧┈♛ ♛┈✧┈┈

"Why do we keep getting people who don't know how to love us the right way?" Eiji asked.

"Because when people are sad, they do bad things to other people they care about. We call those people hurt. And hurt people hurt people." His older sister explained to him. "I'm supposed to protect you from those people. I'm sorry."

"But if you're protecting me, who's going to protect you from them?" Eiji asked.

(F/n) put out a smile for him and pulled away from him. She made a muscle with her arm. "I'm a strong girl. I can handle myself."

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

Oikawa brought his attention off his phone and to (F/n). He softly smiled. "I'll always be here. You're stuck with me forever." Oikawa declared.

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

All in all, people had to start going leaving. Tendou and Midori were the first to leave because of the dorm rules. The kids went to a room to play with one another. Everyone else slowly funneled out, she said goodbye to everyone. 

Until it was just Eiji, Haru, Haya, and Oikawa. I stayed on couch cuddled up with a blanket. Oikawa moved over to sit next to me. He played with my hair like a ditz. I did the same to his brown locks. "Is there anything else I can do?" He asked.

"Stay... you could stay, please." (F/n) said. She looked straight into Oikawa's eyes.

His right hand left her hair, instead it held the side of her face to keep her in place. The distance between then continued to close, especially since Oikawa took initiative and leaned into her until she could feel his lashes up against her.

He backed off, "...Which is why I need to go to Yui, right now. Takeru, let's go." He called out for him. Takeru came out of Eiji's room. Oikawa said bye without facing her. They both left.

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

When she looked up, (F/n) was greeted by face in the mirror. She didn't recognize it as myself causing her to freak out. She fell back and hit my head on something on the bathroom wall.

While laying on the floor, she struggled to reach for her phone. Her fingers could barely hold the weight of it. Her vision could barely see the screen. Still, she managed to type 91, before she hit the number on–

"Scars are not injuries, Tanner Sack. A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole." —China Miéville, The Scar (New Crobuzon, #2)

||| Oikawa's POV |||

I walked passed Class 3-5 like I always had to to get to my class, Class 3-6. I back tracked when I heard so many people whispering. I walked into the classroom and I could see over most people.

My eyes fell on (F/n). There she was. I was so happy to see her. It was such a relief. She was a little different from before. She got rid of her dyed front two strands. (If you're hair isn't already dark, the you dyed it black as well.) She dyed the back of bottom half her hair turquoise as well as the tips of the rest of her hair. Her dark hair rested over the dyed black. It looked so good on her.

She also got another ear piercing. The only reason I could recognize it is because of she was wearing two earring on each ear.

Everything else was pretty much the same. Her eyebrow still had two slits in it. Her uniform was the same. Even if she didn't do much at school, most people did stop to look at her.

"(F/n)-chan!" I cheered loudly with a genuine beaming smile. Her eyes traveled over to me. There she was looking back me. I smiled wider and approached her. "I've missed you so much. I'm sorry about–"

"Oikawa, it's fine." She reassured me. "Everything was just a lot a week ago... for both of us. Friends?"

"Friends." I agreed.

I picked her up. I was careful because she was wearing a skirt. My arms wrapped around her thighs to keep her up. She held onto my shoulder for support. "I'm so glad you're back!" I cheered while looking up at her.

Yui came into the classroom. She didn't say anything probably just to wait for us.

My attention went back to (F/n). She looked down at me with a softest small smile and soft eyes. "Sorry for keeping you waiting." She said.

"Hehe, you are forgiven." I was just so happy to see her. I wasn't sure if things were going to be complicated once she got back, but everything seemed okay. That almost kiss shook me up a lot.

Slowly as news spread that (F/n) was back. All her friends started funneling in. I hogged her from everyone, but they couldn't hurt me since I was holding her. I got to laugh in their faces and stick my tongue out at them. (F/n), of course, rolled he mr eyes.

"Oo!" She exclaimed softly. "I made you something...For all of you." She tapped me letting me to put her down.

"You did it?" I questioned.

I put her down gently. Once she was on the floor, everyone had their chance to say hi. Everyone got a hug from her. Iwaizumi picked up and twirled her around. I glared at him for trying to flex on me for making her giggle. He put her down. The resident idiots— Fukui, Yuina, and Mato— were crying from how much they missed her. She let them have a group embrace.

"You're going to get her shirt wet." Matsuba scolded them. She picked up (F/n) causing her to gasp at how high up she was. Matsuba was the tallest here being the same height as Mattsun who was 187.9cm or 6'2". Matsuba welcomed her back.

Rana's embrace was very loving. Shen and her was content. Kosuke and her embrace was all rainbows and sunshine. Nato and her embrace was simple and heartfelt. Destiny didn't embrace her, their glances just acknowledged one another. Jun bumped fist with her. Matsukawa and her shared a sweet embrace. Hanamaki and her were all shits and giggles. She pulled Watari and Yahaba into a group embrace. Kunimi got his own quick embrace. (L/n) lifted Kindaichi up.

Her smile quickly wiped from her face as if it never existed in the first place. "Now that that is done. The next time you can expect that from me is if I'm about to die." She said plainly.

"There she is." Everyone muttered.

"Anyways, I did make you guys muffins." She said. She turned to the extra tote bag. Everyone got a muffin in their favorite flavor whether it was chocolate chip, blueberry, pecan pie, etc. The muffin was placed in a personalized box of everyone's favorite color on each side of the box there was a drawing. The top of the box was decorated with a small cardboard flag with the person's name.

Hanamaki: Pink with drawings of a cup of coffee, a rainbow, a Broadway paybill, and a butt

Rana: Orange with drawings of a frog, a heart, a number one jersey, and apple juice

Matsukawa: Teal with drawings of a bass, a gray cloud, a phone, and a music note

Iwaizumi: Turquoise with drawing of his puppy— Bear, Godzilla, a pair of dumbbells, and chemical formulas

Mato: Green with drawing of the sun, honeybuns, smiley face, and volleyball

Destiny: Pastel Orange with drawing of a phone, a bed, a cat, and of the 'Zzz's

Kidaichi: Salmon with drawing of volleyball, an turnip, an elephant, and water

Kunimi: Black with drawing of ':P' face, a pen, caramel, and a cat

Nato: White with drawing of the moon, a journal, tea, and a shy dog

Watari: Purple with drawing of volleyball, puzzle, headphones, and a notebook

Jun: Beige with drawing of clothes, a bed, a sleeping cat, an imagination cloud

Fukui: Yellow with drawing of soccer ball, volleyball, magazine, and her jersey number

Yahaba: Magenta with drawing of rubber duck, a fountain, an arrow, and a volleyball

Kosuke: Gray with drawing of a cat, a dog, a lizard, and notebook

Yuina: Red with drawing of a magazine, dumbbells, scissors and comb, and lollipop

Matsuba: Ash Purple with a drawing of a book, a flower, skirt and heels, and first aid kit

Shen: Dark Blue with drawing of her iguana— Godzilla, deadlift, a dog, and milk carton

Oikawa: Turquoise with a volleyball, flowers, alien, and journal

It was a sweet gift. Everyone was in love with it. I loved the gift, no doubt, but the greater gift was just getting to see her again. I couldn't stop gushing at her new look. It looked so good.

I held her face in my hands. Her hands almost naturally held onto my waist. I smiled brightly. "Ah, I love your earrings!" I exclaimed. They were moon earring that connected with a chain the other a star on the other earring. "And your hair! I'm so jealous!" I gawked. My eyes gravitated towards her lips. I tried to pull myself back together. But my eyes kept flickering back to her lips, they were right there. And God, did I want to kiss her the other day. I just wanted to- "You look amazing!" I finally made out, snapping out of it.

"Thank you." She replied calmly. "...I'm pretty sure Watanabe wants to be with you right now. You should go to her." She was pushing me away again.

"Right." I said. "I'm gonna.. yeah."

"Yeah." She said.

Everyone gave us weird looks, I walked up and went to Yui. I hugged her from behind her shoulders since she was sitting in her seat. I put a huge smile on my face. I kissed her cheek.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked.
"I'm okay. How about you?" She said.

"I'm good, great, actually." I exclaimed. "I'm glad (F/n)-chan is back. I was so worried especially since I was the last one to leave."

"Well, she's back now so there's no need to worry, right?" Yui told me. "Things can finally go back to normal."

"About Friday... I'm really sorry. I was just really tired and drained." I expressed. We hadn't spoken since then.

"Tōru, it's fine."

"Hey... follow me." I said. I held her hand her and took her to one of the empty classrooms. I closed the door behind us. I held her face and pushed her against a wall. I studied her face. I love her, I do.

"Right now?" She questioned.
"Unless you don't want to." I said.

"I want to."
"You have to be quiet."

I took my time to lean into her. I kissed her ever so softly. I took my precious time with the kiss as if it was the first time I had ever kissed her. I couldn't help but think about what it'll feel like to kiss (F/n). I didn't want to have the thought while I was with Yui, but that ended up being all I could think about. The more I thought about (F/n) the more delicate the kiss became. Why? I don't know.

I quickly erased the thought. I wiped mind of (L/n). I only thought about Yui. I kissed her passionately. I moved us over to one of the desk in the corner.

|||

Yui button up her shirt while I did my pants buckle.

"We've got to get to class." She said rushing me before the last bell rang.

"I'm coming. I'm coming." I said. I walked along side her.

"Hey, can you come over tonight?" She asked.
"Yeah, sure. What's up?" I asked.

"I just want to hang out." She expressed. "You started taking volleyball breaks on Mondays so I know you're free and I don't know."

I brushed my thumb against her cheek. "I'd love to. But I think it may be better if you come over. I still have to practice for my cello competition."

"Okay, yeah. I'll come over." She agreed.

"Great!" I said. "I'll see you later." We ended up in front of her class. I kissed the top of her head before she entered her classroom. I looked in just to get a glance of (F/n). She sits in the last row on the very end so it was easy. She was arranging her bag, not paying anyone else any mind. She didn't even have to look at me to make me smile. I sighed. I walked over to class.

||| (F/n)'s POV |||

Immediately, when the bell rang for lunch. There was a magazine slammed on my desk by Fukui and Yuina.

"Check it!" Yuina said.
"A sports magazine?" I questioned while packing my notebooks in my bag and getting my lunch.

"Yuina, you were suppose to open it." Fukui pouted.

"Oh, shit." Yuina said. When she grabbed hold of the magazine, Kosuke took it from her hands.

"It wasn't your news to deliver." Kosuke told them.

Rana came into the room panting heavily, "How... are y'all so... fast? You guys are in the second year building." She held onto her knees. I arched my brow at what was happening.

"I don't know why you ran." Shen said. "You could've just walked." Shen looked out the door and called out. "Matsuba, can you handle Fukui and Yuina?"

"Yeah, I got them." Matsuba entered the classroom. She picked both of them up and moved them aside.

"Am I finally going to get to know what's happening or do we have to wait for everyone?" I asked.

"Hehe, we have to wait for the first years." Kosuke informed me. "Only the third years were suppose to know, but two nosy noses heard the news and stole the magazine." Kosuke took a seat in the desk in front of me and faced me.

"Hey, hey!" Mato cheered and jumped into the classroom. Destiny got dragged in by Jun. Nato walked in.

"Just to catch (F/n) up to speed. After the match, the local news reported on our game and it actually positive for once." Kosuke said. "We didn't know if we were getting shutdown or not. Coach Glenn didn't know, Daisuke-sensei didn't know. But look at this..." Kosuke opened to the long awaited Seijoh page.

There was a giant picture of me mid-spike.

Everyone gathered around my desk to get a closer look and look at their pictures as well. Chatter and pointing filled the circle about everyone.

"Ah, look!"
"Mato, they think you're part of the big dogs."
"Haha, they're not focusing on Daisuke-sensei face for once."
"Look at our numbers."
"Woah, look our quiet Jun got a spotlight."
"HUH!? WHY DID DO I LOOK LIKE THAT?"
"Don't mind. Don't mind."

"They're impressed by our games. Even though we lost during the finals, the fact that we doubled the amount of points we got is unheard of." Kosuke narrated. "The fact that we beat Seize High School and Omi High isn't that impressive, but kicking Shiratorizawa Academy out in the second match, beating like, Senseki High and Kouchi High, and making Omonojawa High School go to three sets... sealed the deal. We didn't win, but no one is calling us the Fallen Kingdom. They think we're a force to be reckoned with and they're calling us..."

"The Rising Kingdom." Everyone said in shock.

"That sounds much cooler."

"This and also the fact that Daisuke wants to have a meeting before practice could mean that–"

"We're going to stay open!" Fukui and Yuina cheered.

"That was my line!" Kosuke scolded them. He sighed and ran his hair through his hair. "That means we need to start prepping for Spring Interhigh! We didn't have to worry about the early Qualifying Rounds because we made it to the finals. That's all good news. Now the not bad, but can be interrupted as bad news, this is the week of home visits by teachers where they have conferences with our parents and for, us, third years, we can either keep playing or retire from the team. (L/n), you have Daisuke-sensei as your homeroom teacher so that's not much of a problem... Everyone else, we have some convincing to do."

"That's easy. I'm not going anywhere." Rana said. "Saying that I think it's a good time for the second years to decide who they want to be their next captain."

Matsuba, Fukui, and Yuina looked at each other. Fukui and Yuina both crossed their arms and closed their eyes while nodding, "Matsuba." They both agreed.

"What? Who said–"

"That's a great choice!" Mato cheered.
"No one else can control those two." Nato agreed.
Jun nodded and smiled at the decision.
"I will die before I let those idiots lead me." Destiny added.

"Looks like Fukui and Yuina can make a smart decision." I stated. "But Destiny, I thought you were leaving after this year." I questioned.

"Harley-Rae's thinking of staying." Destiny informed me. Everyone perked up at the news and looked towards Destiny happily. She crossed her arms and backed away. "Don't touch me." She said, knowing a lot of people on the team were huggers.

Rana spoke up, "Matsuba, are you up for the job? I think you'll be a great fit."

"Fine." Matsuba said. "I'll be the next year's captain." Everyone welcomed her.

"So now moving forward. I will handle finding a new manager to replace me." Kosuke said.

"We've got our next year's captain." Rana said.

"We'll have to start fundraising again." Shen added.

"And practice. We were ass at receiving at the beginning of the year but we have the highest numbers of receives in the tournament. Our attacks and serves and blocking needs to improve a lot more. We need our attacks and serves to land and not come up. We need our blocks to do more shutting down. With our current playing style we'll exhaust ourselves half way through a match."

Everyone smiled at me.

"Stop that." I stated bluntly.

"It's just good to have you back." Fukui said. I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, team. We have our work cut out for us. Let's be prepared for our meeting with Daisuke-sensei." Rana lead the group out so we could start brainstorming. I walked in the front with her and everyone else followed. The halls parted liked the red sea so we could pass.

The school datwent by. It was time for the meeting with Daisuke-sensei. He told us everything that he knew. Apparently, we've gotten some donation for our team and both our team and the boys' team have brought sponsors for the school. The school won't fund us unless we make it to nationals, we were on own financially. All-in-all, we weren't being shut down.

"Please, try your best." Daisuke-sensei said.

"Don't you know us?" I questioned.
"We're going to make it to nationals." Rana added. "Let's get to it."

"Yes, ma'am." Everyone cheered and dispersed.

I had to meet with my teachers for makeup work. I've already gotten mine from literature with Daisuke-sensei, but I need that for all my subjects.

|||

After practice, I was back to my old routine. After changing back into my uniform in the locker room. Oikawa stopped me, he wanted talk.

"Could we talk another time? I have to get the kids." I said.

"I really need to talk to you. I'll come along." Oikawa said. I agreed. He brought up what happened the last time we saw each other once again.

"Oikawa, seriously, you need to drop it." I told him. "It was nothing more than hormones and whatnot. I'm fine. I'm the one who told you to go."

"But you literally asked me to stay and I left." He argued.

"So you wanted to stay and cheat on your girlfriend?" I asked him.

"What? No."

"Then you made the right choice." I said.
"But-"

"But nothing, Oikawa. I should apologize for putting you in that situation, it wasn't fair to you. My mental being isn't your responsibility. I'm okay. You're okay. Everything's okay. We both have other things to deal with, so let's just deal with it. We're friends like we're always been, nothing changes that. I just won't overstep my bounds." I expressed.

"That's not the problem, (F/n)-chan." He whined.

"I can't fix the problem if you don't tell me." I said.

"The problem is I wanted to stay there with you." He finally admitted out loud. "But–"

I stopped him while he was ahead, I took a step back, "But you have Watanabe." I said. His phone started ringing. He told me to give him a second and like I guessed it was Watanabe.

"I've gotta go." He told me.

"So do I." I said. "I wanted to give this to you." I went into my bag and took out a key. "It's the key to my apartment, just you know, since you're there all the time. If you ever just want to... you know, check in."

He paused for a second. "Did anything happened when I left?" He asked.

"Not really." I answered. I didn't want this to end on a bad note or him try to pry in the week I was away. "You still do owe me a puzzle session though and I still have the director's cut of Spaceballs you brought."

He softly smiled and took the keys. I'm sure he thinks we're good which we were. "I thought you were going to expose us in front of everyone."

"I'm willing to die on many hills, but that is not one of them. Remember we take this to our grave."

"To our grave." Oikawa agreed.

"We're good, Oikawa." I restated.

"Okay... We good, (F/n)-chan. I'm gonna go. I'm pretty busy, but I'll come by tomorrow and we can watch the movie and do the puzzle. Alright... I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll see your dorky face tomorrow." I crossed my arms over my head. "Do me a favor and can you tone down the smiling tomorrow it makes me want to puke." I said nonchalantly as I walked away.

Oikawa exclaimed at my sentence. "You're so mean." He told me.

"The meanest." I replied and kept walking.

"I missed you." He said. I didn't turn around. Instead, I stuck my muddle finger up at him playfully. He laughed it off and said goodbye.

He wouldn't have missed me if he stayed like I asked him to. Last week could have been so different if he didn't leave me. I'm not mad he left. He had every right to. I would've left too. I combed my hand through my hair. Nothing has changed for me. I just get use to it happening.

The truth is the both of us were so stubborn to outwardly admit our stupid feelings for each other. Before Oikawa was blinded because of Watanabe. But now Oikawa was actively pushing against it because there's no one way any one could talk him into breaking up with Watanabe, not even his own feelings towards me.

I picked up Eiji and Haru from volleyball practice, then Haya from daycare. All three of them made me carry them. Ever since they saw me again today, they've been super clingy. I carried Haru and Haya in my arms and Eiji on my back. I sucked it up even though all of them combined were heavy because I could only imagine how scared they were when they safe haven disappeared.

We made it home. I got the boys started on their homework while I made dinner.

I needed to catch up on the week I missed from school. There was a lot for me to worry about.

||| Next Day |||

Oikawa and I walked home together. The kids went to go do their own thing. Oikawa entered the apartment for the first time since everything that happened.

"It's different in here." He commented.

"Uh, yeah. I moved some things around to make it feel different. Nothing has changed in the apartment since I was a kid so I thought it was time to change things up." I explained.

"Nice." He said while looking around. "You moved all the furniture by yourself?"

"I had some help. Anyways, I'm gonna order a pizza. Do you want any toppings specifically. I'm getting two."

"Uh, no. It's whatever you guys want." He said.

He went over to the living room and sat the table. I handed him to phone so he could order it. I didn't want to interact with anyone even over the phone. While Oikawa was on the phone, someone knocked at the door and I went to do answer it.

When I walked back in with a brown paper bag. Oikawa asked who it was.

"No one." I answered.
"What's in the bag?" He asked.

"My meds." I answered.
"You're still taking them?"

"Yeah, I've made it this far." I said.
"Wait, so if they came to drop your meds. You know that person and you have to be close to them." Oikawa commented.

"Oikawa, guess what you're not doing right now?"
"Minding my business."

"And what should you be doing?"
"Minding my business."

"There you go." I sarcastically appaulded him. We decided to start with the puzzle until the pizza got here. It was a three thousand piece space jigsaw puzzle. We collaborated on it. At one point, Haya got bored and came to us. She tried her best to help with the puzzle but it was fairly difficult compared to the 25 piece puzzles she was use to.

When the pizza got here, the boys only came out to get their slices and go back to whatever they were doing in Eiji's room. Haya went back to watching youtube videos on my old computer.

Oikawa and I were left alone to watch the movie.

"The true question is: do we start with the director's cut or with the actual movie?"

"The movie." I told him. "I haven't seen it yet."

"Really?" He questioned.

"Oikawa, you really wanna expose how much of a dork you are?" I arched my brow at him for openly admitting he's watched this before. He shut his mouth and pressed play. I took a slice of pizza as the movie started.

Oikawa stretched his hand over the back of the couch where I was sitting. When he saw me watching his movement, he retracted, "Sorry, I didn't mean to. I wasn't try to–"

"It's fine. You can keep it there." I told him.

As the movie progressed, Oikawa and I got more and more comfortable. My head was leaned against his shoulder while his arm was draped around me.

"She's so hot." I said commenting on Commanderette Zircon.

"Am I hot?" Oikawa asked.

"Not in the slightest." I answered. Oikawa pinched my nose because of my comment.

There were times Oikawa and I were rolling over in laughter because of how bad it was. That and the combination of us moving around caused Oikawa's hand stretch across my back and hold my waist. That wasn't a big deal by itself. The big deal to me was the skin-to-skin contact with his hand being under the fabric of my shirt. He hadn't even notice it.

I tried to ignore, but it all I could think about. But it left when he went to hold the pizza box in his hand to hog it. Oikawa was a fat ass that never gained weight. When I tried to reach for a slice, he moved the box further away from me.

"I paid for it." I argued.
"I ordered it." He argued back.

I kept leaning over to get it. Oikawa stretched his arm away from me. We argued with another. I leaned over too much and made Oikawa fall back on the couch. I took the opportunity to crawl to get it back. Oikawa tried to stop me by pulling me by my waist back down. I was forced on his lap. While my face was right up close to his. My hands were the only thing keeping us apart.

We both freaked out our position at the same time. I accidentally rolled off the couch. Oikawa tried to catch me causing him go with me. He did succeed in protecting the back of my head by placing his hand under it to take the fall.

His head was buried in my neck. He muttered fuck into my neck. He gently took his hand out from under my head. He shook it. I held his hands and took a look.

"I'm sorry." I said. "Do you want ice?" I was worried about his hand hurting for volleyball and practicing the cello as well as his parents yelling at him for making him look back in front of his homeroom teacher for teacher's visits tomorrow.

"Nah, I just want to rest of the pizza." He said.

I threw his hand away, "No way." I threw him off me. I got the box of pizza and went to the kitchen. Oikawa followed in after me. I turned my back towards him. He still reached from behind me. His left arm wrapped around my waist while his right arm reached for the pizza box. "Just buy yourself one rich boy. I'm broke, you know." I told him.

He clicked his tongue. "Fine, but you can't have any."

"Fine by me." I said.

"Fine." He said.
"Fine." I said.
"Fine!" We both said in unison.

Oikawa did end up pouting and sharing his pizza with me anyway. He was a big baby. It's just the way he was. When the movie was over, it was back to the puzzle. I really did enjoy spending time with him.

"A tattoo?" Oikawa questioned. "How did I not notice it?"

"Oh, yeah. The first tattoo I got was tell me to keep living, that was back when I was hiding from everyone hence why it's behind my ear. But my recovery looks different now." I said. "Uh, you know how like a ring is suppose to be a symbol of love and what not. I got a tattoo for the kids already as a symbol of my commitment to them. My thought process was I wanted something as a symbol of self-love you know, especially since recovering is not a linear process. So I got this." It was tattoo on the side of my wrist of a bandage with a heart in the middle of it. Under it were the kanji for "Wake from death and return to life".

"It's cute." Oikawa said. "I like it."

We continued with the puzzle. At the moment, I wanted to open a bottle of apple cider with Oikawa. But when I turned to face him with the bottle, he was smiling down at his phone texting Watanabe. I decided to take my attention off of him and just keep doing the puzzle. He chuckled softly out loud. I held in whatever I was feeling inside.

I was trying to forget it and let everything go back to normal, but all I could think about is that fact that he chose Watanabe over me.

I didn't want to bother, so I just stayed in the quiet until he noticed I was not saying anything which took quite awhile.

|||

"Thanks for coming." I told him at door.

"No problem." He insisted. He tied his shoelaces. "I wanted to." He stood at his full height. He embraced him and said goodbye. "Are you free Sunday?"

"I actually I'm visiting my mom Sunday." I shocked Oikawa. I explained. "She has cancer and I'd feel guilty cutting her off."

"You don't owe her anything." Oikawa reminded me. "She–"

"She's my mom." I defended. It's easy to say what Oikawa said as an outsider, but it was terribly difficult to practice especially since I've felt so in-depth to her. "She talked to my dad and my dad talked to me. He thinks I should talk to her. Plus Reo does want to have a relationship with his son. Plus she did get a lot better. She just reacts to me because of her past with my dad. It's complicated. I'm not letting her back into my life, I'm just settling things for good with her."

"Do you need any emotional support to go with you?" Oikawa asked, offering his time.

"This is definitely something I have to do alone. But I'll come over after."

"That sounds good." Oikawa said with a smile. "See you at school. Alright, buh-bye!" He cheered. I closed the door behind him. I pressed my back on it and slumped down. I silently screamed.

I'm good at feeling nothing, but now I'm hopeless. I leaned my head on the door. It's selfish, I know it is, but I just wanted someone all to myself, I wanted Oikawa to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.4K 4.5K 14
โ”โ”โ” ๏ฝก๏พŸ๏ฝฅ-ห‹ห ๐’๐„๐‚๐‘๐„๐“ ๐‹๐€๐๐†๐”๐€๐†๐„ หŽหŠ-๐–ฅธ เผบ it's something only you and i know ((๐Ÿฅ›))โ‰ก [ ## ] โ›...
249K 6.3K 23
Your Akaashi's older sister who just moved back to Japan from America. Your a third year who just so happens to be on the American Olympic Girls Voll...
206K 6.9K 31
โWho wouldn't be whipped for Semi Eita?โž - Flawed Writing - Flawed Characters/MC โ˜†Started: November 6, 2020 โ˜…Ended: December 2, 2020 11:17 PM
7.1K 258 11
Hi guys! Welcome to my Vigilante Tommyinnit au! This story is VERY inspired by the authors who made the story "This Is Not An Act Of Spite." !! Som...