Mind And Fate || A Newsies Lo...

By EthanActs

Spralbert fanfiction Soulmates au Modern day au Introduction in the first chapter Warnings will be put in the... More

Introduction
Only Because I Can't Resist Your Cuteness
Oh, Let's Not Forget The Broken Nose Specs
You're Our Baby Now
Oh My F-ing God I Forgot That You Were Here
What The Hell Did You Do With Race?
Just So We're Clear, I Did Not Sign Up To Sit Between You Two
Francis Sullivan
Saving The Kidnapped
You Promised!
This Is My Real Family
He Ran, Ran From His Life
Holy Shit You're Beautiful
Ace And Jordan Being Coupily
Couple Time, Music And Fluff
Midtown Craziness
Weird Newsies, Trans Lucky And Newsie Ceremony
Star Facts, Music Facts And A Lot Of Floof
First Day Of School And New Friends Already
Life's Biggest Surprise For Race
The Wedding
Sequel!

The Beating

359 8 4
By EthanActs

Chapter one: the beating
Warning: blood, abuse, cuts, bruises, homophobia

Racetrack Higgins, the half Brooklyn Half 'hattan Newsie with a cigar in his mouth. He had a great life and the best family at Medda Larkins house. It was all he could ever ask for, but little did he know that something else great would happen too.

"Hey, Race!" Race's crush, Albert, said to him as they walked through the school at the end of the day.

"Hey, Al!" he said back to him as he appeared beside Race. "How's your day been?"

"Ya know, da same old borin' classes with da same old borin' teachers"

"I feel ya dude" Race was tired of this school but he still had to be there every day. He wasn't as lucky as Albert that had found his soulmate already, Race was single and was gonna be for the rest of his life.

"Hey, do ya wanna join me and Spot on a walk today? We're going to da park" Albert offered him.

"Sorry dude, I have plans" Race said. This was kind of both a lie and truth, he had plans to stay away from Spot and Albert as he thought he would be a bother, but at the same time, he wasn't doing anything special.

"Ooh, a pretty boy?" yes, Albert knew about Race's gayness and he never seemed to care about it either.

"Nah, I'm meetin' up with Jack at the track" Race lied. He was going to the track but not with Jack, he was going there by himself, he was a bit scared because of the fact that it was close his biological father's house and who knows what his father would do to him if he found Race.

"Okay, too bad, well see ya later Racer" Albert said as he walked away from Race when they were out of the school building.

Okay, well it's time to go to the track.

Race, finally reached the track and so he started running around it. It eventually became too hot to run in all of his clothes so he took off his two shirts and suspenders so he didn't have anything over his chest or stomach.

I really hope no one sees me now because of my scars.

He started running again.

Five minutes later
He was finally done with two rounds so he went to take some water but before he reached the fountain, he met an old buddy. His father.

"Hey Anthony, how is your life going?" his father asked as he came closer to Race with threatening steps.

"Well, y-you know, I think I-I bet-better head h-home" Race stutters out. His father laughs at him before going right into his face.

"Oh, you think so? Well, not before I've taken care of you, you gay little disappointment"

With Albert and Spot
"Race was going to the track today" Albert told Spot.

"Cool, was he meeting up with someone?" Spot asked back.

Albert nodded "Yeah, he's meeting up with Jack"

Help me! I'm at the track closest to 'The World High School', Help me, please!

They both look at each other "Did you just hear that too?" Spot asked the redhead.

"Yeah, and I recognise that voice anywhere"

"We need to help him, now!" Spot said as they took of and ran towards the track.

Back with Race
"You don't deserve to live, you are a disappointment and you will never be loved!" Race's father screamed at him as he was punching him. He threw Race on the ground and started kicking him. Race felt blood coming out of his nose and mouth as of his father's beating. He felt another kick in the jaw and suddenly everything got blurry, he could hear his father's voice in the distance "You'll never be anything more than a disappointment and you'll remember this every time anyone tells you that they love you" that was the last he heard from his father, he heard two familiar voices but not what they were saying or who they were. Everything was in the distance now, his vision was filled with black dots as he faded away into unconsciousness.

Albert and Spot
When we arrived, Spot punched Race's dad and ran after him until he was out of sight, Spot came back and hunched down over Race. "Race, answer me, Race please stay awake for us" he was desperate.

Albert took Spot's hands of Race as he hugged him tightly "There's no use, he's out of consciousness, we need to contact someone. You take Miss Medda and I'll take 911" Albert said as Spot nodded and they both took out their phones. Albert quickly typed in 911 and called, he looked down at his friend, or who he now knows as his soulmate, Race was bruised and had cuts on his whole body.

On the call with 911

911, what's your emergency?

Hi, I'm Albert DaSilva, I am calling because my best friend ended up in a fight with his biological father at the track closest to The World High School and is now unconscious and have some deep cuts and bruised from the beatings

Okay, there is an ambulance on the way to you now, don't hang up, please answer some of these questions

Okay

What's your friend's name?

Race- er sorry, Anthony Higgins

Thank you, how old is he?

He's sixteen

Okay, who is his legal parent or parents?

Medda Larkins is his adoptive mother and he don't have a dad figure in his everyday life

Okay, thank you for answering those questions, you are really brave that manages to keep this calm in such an awful situation

Thank you

I need you to answer one more question for me, can you do that?

Yes, I think so

Okay, where is he bleeding the most from?

I'm sorry but I need my boyfriend to do this now

Okay, that's okay, give the phone to him and I'll talk to him

Okay, thank you
Hi, I'm Spot Conlon, I am Albert's boyfriend, he said that I needed to take over, what was the last question?

Hi Spot, I asked Albert where Anthony were bleeding the most from

He is bleeding the most from his nose and mouth, what should we do with this?

Is he laying on his back or stomach?

He is laying on his stomach ma'am

Okay, I need one of you to roll him over so he is laying on his side

Okay ma'am, Albert just rolled him over now

Okay, well the ambulance should be there in two minutes so we can hang up now while you wait for it to arrive, is that okay with you?

Yes it is, thank you so much for your help ma'am

You're welcome gentleman

Have a nice evening

You too Spot

Off the phone
"He's gonna be okay, now go to the fountain and wash your hands, they're bloody after you rolled Race over" Spot said as he kissed Albert's cheek.

"No, I'll do it at the hospital as I am pretty sure we have to go there with Race" Albert said and in that moment, the ambulance showed up with the bed that is inside the ambulance. One of the ambulance workers came over to Albert and Spot as the other one was checking up on Racetrack.

"Hi are you Albert and Spot?" she asked them, they nodded and she continued. "how long have he been unconscious now?"

"about ten minutes or something" Albert said without taking his eyes off of Race.

"Okay, that is a really long time since he is bleeding as much as he is. We need to get him to the hospital and we need help with getting him onto the bed, can you help even tho it is a lot of blood?" she asked them as she turned around and started walking over to Race.

"Always" they said in unison and followed the lady. They lifted Race onto the bed and got into the ambulance, Spot in the front seat and Albert in the back with Racetrack and the lady.

At the hospital
"Okay, I just texted Jack that we are in the hospital, they're coming now" Spot said as he hugged Albert in the little chair they were sharing because there weren't any other seats empty in the waiting room.

1402 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 236 42
3 A/N chapters So what's happened so far? Well, June's met Manhattan and Brooklyn newsies. She's met their enemies, the Harlem newsies. Made new fri...
356 11 11
Antonio "Racetrack" Higgins a 17 year old Newsie in lower Manhattan, New York lives in the lodging house along with his pals Jack Kelly, Davey Jacobs...
8.7K 165 35
Newsies: A Racetrack Fan Fiction Brooklyn, a teenager from New Jersey runs away to New York City to find a job. She is welcomed into the Newsies and...
38.4K 589 42
Hi okay hello. These are just some one shots from Newsies. If you have any ship requests or plot ideas feel free to message me or comment id be ha...