Bittersweet Tragedy | | Draco...

By raynesstory

"𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒆." ---------------------- Started: 11... More

Author Note
Draco's Hatred
The World of Superiors
The Bathroom Fight
Protecting Him.
To Be Loved or Be Feared?
Waiting Too Long To Be Loved
The Pain That Makes Us
The Lies of Lee Jordan
Mood Switches and Passwords
The Need to Have Someone
The Revival of Friendships
Chaos on Christmas
Lies for Love and Forgiveness
Defending A Malfoy
Consequences of Holding Feelings Inside
A Enemy of My Enemy is a Friend
How to Perserve and Forget Memories
Our Traditions
Secrets and Proudness
Inspiration for This Book
Pains of Being A Woman
Crashing Down
When To Choose Something Good For You
Mother Knows Best
Concealing Secrets and Compliments
The Girl in the Mirror
A Father Always Loves His Daughter
What Are We
Anger Comes Out in Curious Ways
Love Can't Happen Through Pain
To Be Oblivated or Distracted
The Katie Bell Tragedy
Disclosure, A Message From The Author
One Can Only Handle So Much
Why Do You Have to Make Things So Complicated?
Friendship or a Relationship
Inside the Mind of Draco Malfoy
New Beginnings
They Don't Define Who You Are
The Party That Changed Everything
Real Men Don't Cry
New Friends And New Memories
Wait For It
Being A Hopeless Romantic
The Return Of The Dreams
Try Not. Do, Or Do Not.
Our Choices Make Us
When She's With Him.
The Third Floor Bathroom Disaster
Where Were You?
Stronger Together
Forever and Always
Behind Closed Doors
Rose Garden Filled With Thorns
Draco's Birthday
Before The Storm
Draco Task
When He Loves Me
Promises Were Made To Be Broken
Finally Free
The Final Year At Hogwarts
Reunion
Everything Has Changed
Draco's Choice.
Returning To The Courtyard
Caught
Wasted Years

Comfortable Silence

111 3 31
By raynesstory

I want to thank you for 12.7k reads, the growth of this story had been insane, I'm thankful for every single one of you. Also, the song, Sweet Creature, above is what I thought this chapter aligned with, I would recommend listening to it while reading! <3
_______________________________

"It's hard when we argue, we're both stubborn.....I know" ~Harry Styles

Twenty-Two days, I hadn't seen or talked to Draco in twenty-two days. I owled him but no response...the deja vu was too much to handle and I had no one to talk to. Luna and Neville were out and Spencer's parents didn't understand how it worked.

My parents had been cold to me all summer, I assume they found out about Spencer. They hated muggle-borns and in return hated me for a while.

--------
I went to grab myself lunch but was surprised by my mom already preparing it. I quickly went downstairs and sat on the island. My dad set a plate down for me and him, I looked around for mom's plate, but there wasn't one.

"Your mom is at the Malfoys, which is why I want to talk to you." He said fear flooded through me, if he found out about me and Draco, what happens to Astoria? "We're going to the Malfoy's in two weeks, we have a meeting...for our future," He said.

I knew what the Malfoy's stood for still, and deep down I knew what that meeting entailed. I hope it wasn't, I hoped it was another meeting between pureblood families.

I didn't respond to him, I set my fork down and walked upstairs. He called for me but I ignored it, when I got to my room I immediately began drafting a letter.

Dear Draco,
I doubt you'll even answer this, you haven't answered any of my letters. I assume you knew I would be going to your house in two weeks, and if it means what I think it does...that means you've been hiding shit from me again, and this is about me this time so I can't excuse it this time.

I just wish you would respond, we've been saying for a while now Draco. I want to be able to trust hands if you can't even tell me that my parents are death eaters how am I supposed to trust you?

~Y/N

I called Callie over and attached the letter to her arm and sent her off. I paced around my room angrily, j should be excited to see him but I didn't feel that.

An owl came to my window a few minutes later, I was surprised when it held a black envelope. I removed the letter, giving it a small treat before opening the letter.

Don't come.
~Draco

I couldn't ignore the anger that boiled within me, almost a month of no reply and that's all I get?

I have to show, my father has given me no choice Draco. Nice hearing from you after a whole month though!
<3 Y/N

I sent the letter and his reply came not even ten minutes later.

I was busy Y/N. Find a way, you're the smartest girl I know, please don't come.
~Draco

My foot tapped against my floor, less angry than before, but the anger resided.

I'm going despite what I try. You know how my family is, Draco. What is so bad over there that you don't want me to know?
~Y/N

I sent the letter, but after an hour with no reply, I went to bed, disappointed.

-----------
Three days until going to the Malfoy's

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my window, I groaned, slowly getting up and opening the window.

I was greeted by an owl with a black envelope attached to it, I sighed, thanking the owl and sending it off before I opened the note.

Y/N,
I'm sorry it took a while for me to get back. I was trying to figure out something. I don't want to tell you what's happening in a letter. When you get to my house, please don't talk to anyone but me and my mom.

I want you to be safe, and please don't think that I don't want to see you. I just wish it wasn't like this. I'll see you in three days, please don't cause trouble within those days Y/N, it'll only make it worse.

With love,
Draco

I read the letter a few times, I couldn't figure out what he was getting at. The whole message felt off as if he rushed through the letter. I had more questions than answers, he made seem as if I'm walking into danger, but I didn't have a choice.

I didn't end up replying to his letter.

--------
The Day Of

I woke up early and packed my bag, I wasn't told how long we were staying there so I kind of figured about two weeks. I sent Callie off to the Malfoy's and I headed downstairs. My dad was already downstairs and packed.

We didn't speak, we hadn't since he told me where we were going. Draco's letter had made me fear going to his house but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited to see him.

My dad looked over at me "You passed your apparition right?"

"Yeah, I owled you and mom when I did, you didn't respond.." I said looking down

"We were busy Y/N. We couldn't answer all of your messages." He said, frustrated.

"You didn't answer any of them," I said, biting my tongue to keep me from snapping on him.

"Merlins sake Y/N. I just asked so you could leave, I'll be arriving a little later than you." He said

I nodded "Alright, see you later dad." I waited for a response but it never came. I sighed and left, I never got used to the feeling of apparition.

When I arrived at the house, the feeling of Deja Vu hit me. Coming back here reminded me of how so much has changed since the ball. I knocked on the door, it swung open.

"Y/N," He said quietly, smiling down at me.

"Draco..." I smiled at him, he pulled me in. He tried to lead me upstairs but he stopped due to the shrill voice of Bellatrix.

"Draco who's this girl you're sneaking in?" She asked Draco squeezed my hand tightly before letting go.

"It's the L/N's daughter, Y/N." He said, I turned to Bellatrix who smiled evilly

"Oh, fantastic, He's been waiting for her arrival. I'll just take her." Bellatrix said,  Draco quickly pulled me away from her.

"Mr.L/N isn't here. I'm sure he wants to be there. Does He need her right now? Isn't there a meeting going on right now?" He asked, I went to speak but he nudged me, I assumed it meant I was unsafe to talk.

Bellatrix sighed "I'll let The Dark Lord know that Mr. L/N has not shown yet and for you Miss. Y/N, I'll see you later." She laughed and walked away from us.

Draco didn't speak as he led me to his room, when we got there he slammed the door behind me. I flinched at the loud noise, Draco took no notice and sat down on his bed.

I stared at him, dumbfounded "So are you going to explain any of that?"

Draco put his head in his hands, he mumbled a response but I didn't hear him. "Draco, look at me when we're talking."

He looked over at me with tired eyes "It's not my place Y/N." He said and looked back down

"So you know and refuse to tell me? I think as my boyfriend, you kind of reserve the right to tell me why VOLDEMORT needs me? Or are you not going to say anything?" I said, my voice raising the more we talked.

"Is this about the letters again Y/N? I told you I was busy!" He said, now looking at me.

I threw my hands up "No, it's about the fact that you know why Voldemort wants me to be here and you refuse to tell me why! Also, I'm allowed to be upset that you didn't even tell me where you were for a month Draco!" I attempted to keep my voice down but failed

"You don't have to keep track of me Y/N! I was trying to stop you from being forced to make the same mistake I did!" He yelled back at me

"I was worried Draco," I said, exasperated "And what mistake are you even talking about?"

"For fuck sakes Y/N, " He pulled his left sleeve up, showing me his dark mark "Why else do you think you're here Y/N? Use your brain for once," He said, annoyed.

I stared at his arm and back at him "No, I won't become one of them"

Draco moved closer "You don't have a choice, and in case you haven't noticed, I'm one of them."

I backed away from him "You know I didn't mean that. This isn't about you Draco, how do you think my friends will react"

Draco laughed "Like who, Spencer?"

"Of course it's Spencer, and Neville and Luna, my friends will all hate me," I exclaimed

"They'll get over it, you got over mine," Draco said nonchalantly

"That's different and you know that," I said, moving away from Draco who had been inching closer to me

"How so Y/N." He said, he knew the answer, but he wanted to hear it out loud

"Because I'm in love with you, and I'm so fucking blinded by that, I ignore the fucking dark mark. My friends aren't like that if you ever cared to notice. You may be fine with having that disgusting mark on your arm, but I'll never be." I said, going to leave

Draco blocked the door "You think this doesn't affect me? I don't want you to be one of us! You have to go through with it Y/N."

"I can't, " My voice broke as I talked "I..."

"I understand Y/N, but if you don't do this...you put yourself and your friends in danger." He said, pulling me into his arms, I relaxed in his arms.

He kissed the top of my head "You'll be okay, I promise." He said

I shook my head against his shoulder "You don't know that our world is changing Draco.."

"Yeah but-" He was cut off by a knock at the door.

"Y/N? Are you in there?" My dad said from the other side of the door

I pulled away from Draco, looking at him to see if I should answer, he nodded. "Yeah, I'm here," I said

My dad opened the door  "What were you two doing in here alone?" He eyed us suspiciously

Draco quickly stepped in "I was preparing her sir, you should have no trouble with her." He grabbed me tightly.
My dad nodded and opened the door, Draco led me out the door.

He whispered over to me "When you get there, don't say anything unprompted. The Dark Lord and your family aren't on good terms. Also, hold your arm straight and don't show if you're in pain, he feeds off of it."

We arrived at a big door, when it opened I was faced with Voldemort himself. I couldn't control the fear that coursed through my veins, Draco led me to him. I kept my head down, refusing to meet his eyes.

"Look at me girl," Voldemort said, I looked up at him, he pushed my hair back with his wand. I shivered with anxiety as he touched me.

Voldemort looked over at my dad "Y/F/N, she seems afraid. Does she know of your history with us?" He gestured to the table filled with Death Eater

My father shook his head, my mom kept her head down. Voldemort looked back at me "You seem to not want to be here, doesn't she?" He asked the table, they nodded. "I believe you were at the ministry of magic about a year ago? And now your friends with mudbloods?" He said I stayed quiet.

"Answer me girl" He shouted at me, I flinched and Draco clenched his fists.

I looked at him "I'm not friends with that mudblood anymore, I regret going to the ministry that day sir." I said quietly, guilt pooled at the bottom of my stomach from saying the n-word.

"Liar!" Voldemort spat, He held his wand up and searing pain flooded through me. I fell to the ground in pain, Draco helped me up

"She's here now! No need to hurt her! I made sure she was loyal sir!" Draco said a little too loud "I'll make sure she's loyal sir, just stop hurting her, please."

Voldemort looked at Draco then at me "Hold out your arm." I didn't move for a second, Draco pulled my arm forward, Voldemort held his wand to my forearm. I felt the pain go through my arm as the tattoo appeared. When he finished moved my hand away in disgust.

"Take her away Draco, keep an eye on her, she can't be trusted, just like her family." Voldemort spat.

Draco led me away, he pulled me up the stairs and into his room. The minute the door closed he pulled me into his arms, I nuzzled my head on his shoulder.

I tried to hold back the sobs but untimely failed as he held me tighter. "I...did what you said."

He rested his head on mine "My love, I know...are you okay?" He asked, I shook my head against his shoulder.

He smiled sadly "If you want you could stay here tonight?" He said "He wants me to keep an eye on you anyways"

I nodded and pulled back "If it's not too much trouble"

"It's not, I'll get you something to wear," He said and went through his drawers.

"I have clothes Draco," I said quietly and leaned over and grabbed pajamas

He looked over at me, his shirt in his hand "Oh, I forgot, I'll just put this away." He went to put it away before I stopped him

"I never said I didn't want to wear it." I quickly put it on, yawning softly.

Draco got dressed as well, and laid down in his bed, patting a spot next to him. I rolled my eyes but got in bed anyways "I'm not a dog" I mumbled

Draco laughed and brought me close to him "You were so strong today Y/N, I'm so proud of you" He kissed me lightly, I smiled against his lips

"Thank you for defending me, I love you so much Draco," I said

He held my face "I love you more" kissing me once more "Always and forever my love"

I smiled softly "Always and Forever"

I laid my head on his chest, soon he fell asleep with me in his arms. I looked up at him, and then at my arm. A chill struck through me as I looked at it.

A mark that murderers wore, a mark that the person who drove Neville's parent's insane wore, and a mark that meant I thought that people like Spencer didn't deserve to be wizards, or...alive almost.

I knew what I had done was unforgivable, and I didn't know how I was going to explain it to the ones I love. As much as I love Draco, he won't be there to protect me...

But as I looked up at him and felt the slow rising and falling of his chest, I hoped that we could make it through this.

I never expected my world to flip upside down so quickly, and if I lose my friends all I have is him.

And I don't know if that's enough anymore.

Word Count: 2624

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 284 27
𝐘/𝐧 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐞. 𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡�...
54K 760 111
❝𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙨, 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙨. 𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙮𝙥𝙨𝙚.❞ *new hp instagram, not related to any of the previous ones*
15.9K 364 37
~𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟-𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐮𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮�...
360K 4.7K 39
I just adore Dray and yeah COMPLETED Started: April 6th, 2020 Ended: April 11th, 2021 DISCLAMER: I don't own any of the characters, settings, and som...