Nothing But Hate

By howtosellmysoul

Tucker Conway is a self righteous lawyer, who has decided to dedicate his life to fight for justice, put crim... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter Thirty Six

24.7K 1.3K 278
By howtosellmysoul

"Who's a good boy? Huh? Who's a good boy?" Tucker cooed at baby Wells.

"Tuck, he's a baby, not a dog." Paige shook her head as he laughed at her brother.

"A good boy nonetheless," Tucker grinned, as he craddled the two weeks old baby in his arm, "I think he's got my eyes. Yep. He's definitely got my eyes."

"You're going to spoil them, aren't you?" Paige asked as the three walked out of the babies room to the living room.

"I really thought you would be the tough uncle, didn't take you for a such a softie." Dan commented.

"Nah," Tucker said, keeping the baby gently inside the crib, "The tough uncle would be your brother."

"Oh yeah." Dan shuddered, thinking about his elder brother.

"Do you know when Mr. Kaufman will be coming?" Paige asked.

"You know he's asked you multiple times to call him Callum, right?" Tucker sighed.

"I know," Paige shrugged, "It's still just weird though."

"Fair enough," Tucker replied, "He texted about fifteen minutes ago that he reached home and will be coming down here after freshening up. So he should be here any minute now."

"I still can't believe he stayed the entire night when I was giving birth," Paige paused, "It's gonna take some getting used to that he's not just my boss anymore."

"But you're okay with it, right?" Tucker asked, a little worry in his voice.

"Yes, Tuck," Paige answered, "I've told you this multiple times."

"Good." Tucker smiled.

"Apparently he's also so much more bearable at work now," Paige chuckled, "His assistant is on leave too right now so Harry is subbing for her and he was so worried at first but apparently he's been very nice and calm."

"What are you trying to say?" Tucker questioned.

"Just that maybe you're both good for each other," Paige smiled, "Don't think I haven't noticed that you haven't had a single sip of alcohol since you reached here."

"I'm just waiting for dinner to open the bottle of wine." Tucker shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"You never wait for anything to pop open a bottle." Dan said, and Paige gave her brother a look as if saying 'exactly'.

"Hey," Tucker groaned, "Just because you're married doesn't mean you can gang up on me now. We shared a womb, Paige, a womb!"

"And we shared a dorm room," Dan nodded, "That's close too."

Before either of the twins could reply with anything, the doorbell rang. Tucker walked over to the door, opening it and greeting Callum with a quick peck to his lips. Callum walked in with a bottle of wine in his hand.

After the greetings and small talk, the two couples made their way to the dining area where Dan had already set the table. As they talked while eating, the conversation jumped from one topic to another.

"Tuck was such a trouble child, oh my god," Paige exclaimed, "For five weeks straight, he would sneak off early morning to go this ice cream parlour nearby that opened at 6 am. And then he'd come back and go to bed and no one would even know!"

"No one found out for 5 weeks?" Callum asked.

"Nope, the only reason we found out was because it started raining one morning and when he came back he was all wet and muddy. When mum woke up and found out what happened she went ballistic." Paige said.

"Any parent would." Dan chuckled.

"How did you even get the money to buy ice cream every morning? We were like six." Paige asked her twin.

"I would pick up any quarters I saw lying around the house and hide them under my mattress," Tucker shrugged as he cut a piece of his steak, "I'm pretty sure the vendor gave me the ice cream at a cheaper price because I was cute."

"I'm surprised as to how you didn't get kidnapped." Callum said in wonder.

"I might've been six but I was tougher than I looked, okay?" Tucker replied.

"Liar," Paige accused, "We were the smallest kids in the entire grade."

"Who cares? I'm not the smallest kid in the grade now." Tucker responded.

"But you still have the habit of sneaking off in the mornings." Callum smirked at his boyfriend, referring to the times when they would spend the nights together and Tucker would early in the morning for work.

"Shots fired." Dan said, making Tucker roll his eyes.

"Don't worry babe, the only popsicle I'm eating now is yours." Tucker grinned, making the other three almost choke on their food.

~~~

When Tucker reached his office the next day, he immediately called in Aurora to discuss some things with her.

"Do you know if Joe would be coming in today?" Tucker asked, and Aurora shook her head.

"No," She replied, "He has hearings all day today, so he'll be stuck at court."

"I don't have any hearings today, do I?" Tucker questioned and Aurora shook her head again, "Okay. Just in case Joe comes in, could you let me know?"

"Sure. Is everything okay?" Aurora questioned.

"I'm not sure," Tucker paused, "I just have a feeling that he's a little off with me lately. I haven't had a proper conversation with him in weeks."

"I noticed." Aurora said.

"You did?" Tucker rose a brow, "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Why didn't you?" Aurora retorted, making Tucker frown, "How was dinner last night? Did it get awkward between Paige and Callum?"

"How did you— Nevermind, I don't even want to know how you know," Tucker shook his head, "It wasn't awkward. I know it was a little hard for her in the start to not be professional but it went great, I think."

"When was the last time you introduced a boyfriend to your family?" Aurora asked.

"I did take Divij to Paige's wedding." Tucker shrugged.

"Yeah, but that was probably you just subconsciously compensating for the fact that you were attracted to Callum." Aurora retorted.

"Uh," Tucker narrowed his eyes slightly, "I thought you were a legal secretary, not a psychoanalyst."

"I'm a woman of many talents, Tucker, you should know that by now," Aurora grinned before turning around and walking out of the office, "I'll let you know if Joe comes in!"

~~~

"I swear this place has the best fucking ice cream in the entire country." Tucker said as he and Callum walked inside the ice cream parlour.

"You're raising my standards, Tuck," Callum said, "The ice cream better live up to it."

"It will. If it doesn't then I'll let you do that thing." Tucker smirked.

"That thing?" Callum confirmed, and Tucker nodded in response.

"Yep. I know just how long you've been wanting to do that." Tucker shrugged.

"I like this deal. It's a win-win for me. I either get some good ice cream or I get to—"

"Oh fuck." Tucker cut off Callum. Tucker's eyes fell to the other end of the ice cream parlour where he saw the two people he probably wouldn't have imagined together.

Divij and Isaac seemed like they were on a date, as they appeared to have been sharing a sundae. Tucker remembered that he had taken Divij to the ice cream parlour once when they were dating.

"Isn't that your ex?" Callum asked as he followed Tucker's gaze. Callum knew about Divij, but he even though he had heard about Isaac, he didn't know what the man looked like.

"And Isaac." Tucker answered.

"Wow," Callum chuckled, "So those are two men that you slept with."

"Uh huh," Tucker said, "You're not helping."

"Do you think they know?" Callum smirked, "What if they're bonding over being dumped by you."

"Technically Divij dumped me and Isaac and I only hooked up a few times. We never even went on a date." Tucker clarified.

"Should we go say hi? Oooh, maybe it can be a double date. That will be so cute!" Callum said and Tucker looked at him like the billionaire grew another head.

"Are you fucking crazy?" Tucker whispered, holding Callum's hand, "Let's just go."

"But what about getting the best ice cream in the country?" Callum rose a brow as Tucker pulled him out the ice cream parlour.

"No ice cream is worth that awkward encounter." Tucker said.

"But—"

"Yes. We'll do that."

"Like I said, win-win deal for me."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 60.6K 67
A story of two enemies attached and captivated by lust and value. "You act like you can't stand me...But the moment I get my hands on you, you're lik...
179K 5.3K 75
Marc Williams started having some financial problems after his dad's job was cut short, he decided to get a part time job where someone gives him a l...
296K 10.8K 31
Don't blush. It will just make you look sweeter... Whack! Smack! Slap! Xavier That sound has always made my heart flutter. Especially after a fateful...
3.2M 121K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...