Temptress

By esnymybeloved

i do not support ella in any way. this book is a comfort book for a lot of people and some people haven't fin... More

1 - Cleo | Slithering
2 - Harry | Tempest
3 - Cleo | Dangerous
4 - Harry | Temptation*
5 - Cleo | Disguise
6 - Harry | Wrath
7 - Cleo | Poisonous
8 - Harry | Distraction*
9 - Cleo | Coinsidences
10 - Harry | Risk
11 - Cleo | Confrontation
12 - Harry | Puzzle
13 - Cleo | Reputation*
14 - Zayn | Secrets
15 - Harry | Paranoia
16 - Cleo | Invasion
17 - Harry | Surprises*
18 - Cleo | Regret
19 - Harry | Alliance
20 - Cleo | Lies*
21 - Harry | Weakness
22 - Zayn | Careful
23 - Cleo | Careless**
24 - Harry | Peculiar
26 - Zayn | Hours
27 - Harry | Darkness
28 - Cleo | Tempwork
29 - Harry | Desire**
30 - Cleo | Reality
31 - Harry | Torture
32 - Cleo | Denial
33 - Harry | Irresistable**
34 - Cleo | Chase
35 - Harry | Fear
36 - Cleo | Cold-Blooded
37 - Harry | Homecoming
38 - Zayn | Powerless
39 - Cleo | Frustration
40 - Harry | Sinful**
41 - Cleo | Evidence
42 - Harry | Reckless
43 - Cleo | Spoiled
44 - Harry | Addiction**
45 - Cleo | Powerful
46 - Harry | Safety
47 - Zayn | Hallucination
48 - Cleo | Familiar
49 - Harry | Worry
50 - Cleo | Craving**
51 - Harry | Feelings
52 - Cleo | Deceiving
53 - Harry | Jealousy**
54 - Cleo | Reveal
55 - Harry | Undercover
56 - Theories
57 - Cleo | Join
57 - Zayn | Forgetful
59 - Harry | Intruder
60 - Niall | Headache
61 - Cleo | Impulse**
62 - Harry | Trust
63 - Zayn | Observe
64 - Cleo | Challenge
65 - Harry | Guest
66 - Cleo | Cruel
67 - Harry | Pain
68 - Cleo | Together
69 - Harry | Lust**
70 - Unknown
71 - Cleo | Recover
72 - Harry | Hateful
73 - Zayn | Friendship
74 - Cleo | Trigger
75 - Harry | Passion**
76 - Cleo | Feast
77 - Niall | Gone
78 - Harry | Wasted**
79 - Cleo | Broken
80 - Harry | Invitation
81 - Unknown
82 - Cleo | Beginning
83 - Harry | Verge
84 - Cleo | Fallen
85 - Harry | Light
86 - Cleo | Ashes
87 - Amber | Choices
Epilogue - Harry

25 - Cleo | Preparation

265 4 0
By esnymybeloved

"Fuck!"
I could hear Harry cursing in the bathroom even though the tv was on and the door was closed, but this cheap motel room had very thin walls.
We both decided that it was smarter to stay somewhere a bit distanced from the city and unlike what we'd usually get, so this is how we ended up in this very old and very creepy roadside motel.
They only accepted cash, which wasn't a problem since Harry was the one paying for it all.
He had also stolen another car just to be safe, and I honestly had no idea how he did it so quickly, but this time it was a black SUV, and much newer than his previous choice. I wondered if he chose it just in case we needed to escape from somewhere in a rush.
We had spoken the bare minimum and I could tell we were both on edge, this was so damn infuriating.

I even tried to call Niall to distract myself a bit, but he didn't answer his calls or texts.

I wasn't in a bad mood, I was just... disappointed in myself and angry that I couldn't force my mind to completely regret what happened. The small hickeys Harry had left on my breasts, plus the fresh bruises on my neck, were constant reminders of something I would never be able to forget.

Which was how I ended up lying on my small bed as I was watching some old movie I wasn't paying attention to, overthinking about it all.

The hours we spent in the car were awfully silent, and I couldn't bring myself to take a nap because I was too nervous around him. The subject about our parents continued to be avoided and we were just... quiet.

This room also had two beds, and this time they were thankfully apart from each other. I'd taken a shower as soon as we settled in and we ordered some pizza for dinner. My stomach was already protesting because I hadn't eaten anything in eight hours.
I had no idea what was going on between us, but things were tense and hostile and awkward, even though I hadn't threatened to kill him yet.

His words from earlier kept replaying in my head, I hated this... I couldn't let him influence me when I was so fucking conflicted. I felt like shit and at the same time I missed the rush I felt whenever he touched me, which was insane because we had only kissed twice and I was already doomed.

It was the best kiss I'd had, I was convinced this whole intensity was happening because of how forbidden it felt, it would wear out soon. But I blamed this on his fingers... fuck, I blamed him completely.

I had no idea how he so simply managed to separate things and he acted like us wanting to fuck, at the same time that we still hated each other, was something normal. I always gave in too easily when he was involved, I didn't know why and it was dangerous.

This kind of tension had never happened between us before and I wasn't ready for it. I honestly didn't know what to do, my anxiety was getting the best of me.

The three packs I'd smoked today were proof of it, Harry just stared at me whenever he saw me smoking but he didn't say anything. He stared too much actually, I was getting annoyed at how pretty his eyes were.

I knew he was just out of the shower now because I couldn't hear the water anymore, and he didn't air dry this time, just like I was praying he wouldn't. I needed some time to think and clear my head, he was overwhelming.

We'd finally gotten more weapons and I had some pretty cool new knives, even if they weren't personalized. I felt safer with more of them, although the bag full of guns hidden under Harry's bed was making me feel a bit apprehensive.

We were gonna decide how to proceed now, regarding our next target, and I'd spent quite some time reading the files. The plan was to get as much info as we could and also be careful... they were probably trying to follow us or predict our next steps, I had no idea what to expect from this enemy, but they didn't know Harry and I were together, no one would ever consider it.

The bathroom door suddenly opened and I glanced sideways to find Harry only wearing the unicorn sweatpants, he was shirtless and his wet hair was loose down his shoulders.

Beautiful son of a bitch, I hated how much I couldn't deny it anymore.

His green eyes met mine and he let out an exasperated breath, leaning his arm against the wooden door, and his biceps flexed in the process. It was the first time he didn't have any rings on, and he actually seemed naked without them.

I remembered the way they felt on my neck... and lower-

No.

"I need help with the bandages, some of the stitches in my hand burst while I was taking a shower." He spoke up, and that's when I noticed how raw and swollen his palm looked, as if had purposely clenched his hand until it got even worse.

He probably did, I didn't even want to know what he was doing in the shower.

"Stitch it up again, I bought the supplies." I shrugged, turning my attention back at the tv before my eyes could wander even more around his body.

"I wouldn't have asked for help if I could do it on my own." He said through gritted teeth and I looked at him again. "I can't use both hands like you can."

"That's a shame, it's quite useful." I sighed.

"I won't stop you if you want to show me." His words surprised me and I gaped at him, still not used to the fact that we had nearly fucked and he still wanted it to happen.

God, we saw each other naked. We kissed. He made me come using his very talented fingers.

My anxiety was back at full force now as I got up from the bed, tugging down the simple t-shirt I was wearing to bed when I noticed he was raking his eyes down my body.

He was always so shameless about it, and the worst thing was that I didn't mind. I liked it.

But I shouldn't.

"Sit your ass down on the bed, I'll help you before the pizza gets here." I rolled my eyes, watching as he squinted at me before he made his way to his bed.

I could see the unicorn on the back of his sweatpants and I had to bite my lower lip to hide a smile, he looked ridiculously cute like this.

What the fuck? Cute?

I took a deep breath and mentally slapped myself before I grabbed the first aid kit from the bag on top of the armchair in the corner, walking towards his bed.

The floral patterns all over this room made me dizzy, there were flowers on the wallpaper, the duvets, the carpet. I preferred simpler things, and Harry apparently disliked it just as much as me because the first thing he did when we walked into this room earlier was to say it looked like shit.

"Your hand," I said simply, sitting down right next to him and being caught off guard when he reached out his hand and placed it over my knee, with his wounded palm turned to me.

His warm touch instantly made goosebumps erupt all over my body and I was sure he noticed, he raised one eyebrow at me when I cleared my throat and refused to look at him again.

The cut didn't look too bad, he just needed a few stitches and a new bandage, but it wasn't infected or anything. I grabbed what I needed from the kit and it had been a while since I stitched someone up, but I managed.

The only bad thing about this was picturing where his fingers were... how they felt inside me when he didn't have any trouble learning just how to touch me to make me come so fucking hard.

"I'll change the other bandages too," I whispered, this time daring to look up into his eyes and being completely lost in them.

There were darker spots of green around his pupils and I realized how close we were when his warm breath tickled my lips.

I froze when I felt his fingertips grazing my knee, and even though his touch was soft, it made my skin tingle and I had to take deep breaths as that familiar clenching started in my stomach.

"You have a lot of scars." He said suddenly, looking down at my thigh and I watched as he traced a thin white line just above my knee.

His black nail polish was chipped but I had no idea why that only made his hands look more attractive to me.

"That's what happens when your weapon of choice is a knife." I cleared my throat, pulling away from him and standing up before I could do something stupid.
I was way too vulnerable around Harry, no amount of thinking could undo that now. I was fucked.

"Why don't you use guns?" He asked innocently, moving his finger upwards on my thigh as I was standing right in front of him now.

"I don't like them." I deadpanned, stepping away to grab more gauze, and then I had to grab the hair tie around my wrist so I could tie his hair up, so I could bandage his shoulder.

I acted so instinctively that I only noticed what I was doing when he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
Well, his hair was in the way and very messy, I simply twirled it up and tied it, enjoying how his curls felt in between my fingers.

Harry cleared his throat, shifting on his seat and this time focusing his gaze on the floor as I finished bandaging his other wounds.

"Thank you." He whispered, standing up from the bed and barely looking at me as he made his way to the chair in the corner, looking into the bag while his bare back was turned to me. "I got you something when I went to buy myself some coffee while you were in the shower."

What the fuck?

I just stared at him, wondering why the fuck he would do this, but when he walked closer to me and showed me what he had in his hand, I actually laughed. Like a genuine laugh, almost snorting in the process. It'd been a while since I laughed like this, to be honest.

He handed me the unicorn lighter and I bit my lower lip to suppress a smile, I never expected this.

"Why did you get me this?" I had to ask him, trying really hard to conceal a smile when he went back to his bed, lying down and resting his head back on his arms, the muscles in his exposed abdomen quivered in the process and I felt this strange urge to touch him.

"Since you've decided to cosplay a chimney, I figured you'd need a new one soon, and when I saw the unicorn I couldn't resist." He smiled at me, reaching for his phone. "I love my unicorn sweats, you're mistaken if you thought I wouldn't wear them."

Damn it.

Harry's phone vibrated and he furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he looked at the screen, and now I could see the fading dark circles around his eyes, I hadn't noticed them before.

"Who is it?" I dared to ask, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"Zayn asking me where I am... I can't tell him and put him in danger, this sucks." Harry sighed, tossing his phone to the side. "So... did you figure out our plan for tomorrow night?"

I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not, but he sounded honest about his question. I noticed he probably told Zayn pretty much everything about his life, which was why he was struggling with this.

I never had a friend like that before, I never trusted anyone completely. And Harry would be pissed once he found out Zayn was hiding June from him.

"I looked through Gael's file, since he's the one we're here for... we have his home address but it would be stupid if we went there, we can't risk it. I say we try our luck in his favorite club, somewhere public... I'll seduce him while you wait for my signal and we knock him out and bring him here so we can ask our questions. That big car will come in handy."

"So basically you do all the work while I wait?" Harry snorted, scratching the back of his neck as he rolled his eyes at me. "It's not smart of you to seduce him."

"Why not?" I arched my eyebrows. "It's a club, we're quite familiar with those.. and given what I read in his file, he's a womanizer, five divorces because of cheating. It's easy for me to distract him and get him somewhere alone... and you wait. You don't always look friendly, Harry."

He grinned, clearly understanding my point but also making me fear that he wasn't going to listen.

This was very exciting, I was feeling the same thrill I usually did while I was working, only this time stronger. There was a lot at stake now, and this was the first time I had someone working with me.

Well, the enemy of my enemy was supposed to be my friend, but in this case, I had no idea what Harry was.

I just knew that whoever was setting us up was going to pay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 9K 53
Constance thought she could finally stop looking over her shoulder. She has a steady job as a hairstylist, rents a small apartment next door to her b...
163 3 11
After witnessing a murder she shouldn't have Morgan finds herself in a downward spiral. She knows it's not right but she can't help the feelings she...
84 0 5
"If I die, tell her I loved her." ------ To El: "When we first met, I had no idea that you'd become this important to me, and I don't care how compli...
16.2K 226 23
Evelyn is being pressured and stalked by an asshole from work. She feels like she's alone in the world. But there's Harry, her loving and caring boyf...