Nothing But Hate

By howtosellmysoul

Tucker Conway is a self righteous lawyer, who has decided to dedicate his life to fight for justice, put crim... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter Thirty Five

25.1K 1.3K 291
By howtosellmysoul

"Wow," Callum paused, looking at his phone, "Lisa just texted me."

"Your ex?" Tucker asked, and Callum nodded.

"This is hilarious." Callum chuckled, making Tucker raise a brow.

"Why? What'd she say?" Tucker asked.

"Yes Callum, give us the tea." Dan chimed in.

"She said and I quote 'hey Cal, I've been meaning to ask you this for a while now. Please don't take offense to this but I just need to know, did I turn you gay?'" The three men laughed as Callum finished reading the text.

"Man, some people really don't get how sexuality works, do they?" Tucker shook his head.

"Not at all." Callum sighed.

"Remember when everyone thought you and I were dating?" Dan said, making Tucker laugh again.

"Oh yeah, it was so hard for me to find dates because everyone would ask me 'What about Dan? Isn't he your boyfriend?'" Tucker said.

"Dude," Dan said, "I was in the middle of a make out session with a girl and when I told her my name she freaked out because she thought I was cheating on you with her."

"You told your name to her in the middle of getting laid?" Tucker rose a brow, "Can't believe I set my twin up with a total player."

"Frat parties brought out the wilder side of me." Dan shrugged.

"Wait," Callum said, amused, "Why did people think you both were dating?"

"Because we kissed." Tucker said casually.

"That damn kiss." Dan sighed.

"I'm afraid but I'm going to need more details." Callum asked.

"It was actually how we became friends," Dan began, "Our first ever college party and there was the classic game of spin the bottle going on."

"Okay, I can imagine what happened next." Callum said.

"Yep. Dan had one taste and now here we are. Almost a decade later." Tucker said, patting Dan's back.

"What can I say, baby? Your kisses are magical." Dan joked, looking at Tucker with wide puppy eyes.

"I know a thing or two about that." Callum smirked.

"Men that kiss each other, stay friends forever." Tucker said, winking at Dan.

"By this logic, you're technically friendzoning me." Callum said.

"Shush, this doesn't apply to you." Tucker replied.

"On a serious note, man, in this moment I wouldn't have anyone else by my side other than you, brother." Dan said, smiling gratefully.

"What about your wife?" Tucker asked, making Dan's eyes widen with realisation.

"Oh yeah," He said quickly, making Tucker and Callum laugh, "Her too."

~~~

Dan went back inside to be with Paige when the doctor gave him the go ahead. Tucker and Callum were sitting outside, waiting. Tucker took out his earphones, and they wore one plug each and listened to music to pass time.

"I didn't know you liked RHCP." Callum commented as he rested his head on Tucker's shoulder.

"Are you tired?" Tucker asked, gently.

"Nah." Callum said, closing his eyes. Tucker smiled as he looked to his side. He tilted his head to press a kiss on Callum's hair, before grabbing his hand and intertwining their fingers. Tucker closed his eyes as well, resting his head on top of Callum's.

Tucker didn't know how long they stayed in that position, but he was broken from his trance when he felt a flash on his face.

"Why didn't you turn off the flash?" Lincoln Conway, Tucker's father asked his wife.

"I forgot it was on," She said, "I was clicking pictures of the kitten that stumbled into the backyard last night."

"Mother, when did you join the paparazzi?" Tucker asked, straightening up as he looked at his parents in front of him. Callum got up, followed by Tucker. Tucker hugged his dad, then his mom and kissed her cheek, "You've met Callum."

"Nice to meet you again Mr. and Mrs. Conway." Callum greeted politely.

After talking to Cal and Tuck for a few minutes, the parents went inside the room to meet Paige and Dan. Callum sighed, as he sat back down.

"Well," Cal began, "I did end up meeting your parents tonight. One way or the other."

"See? Meant to be." Tucker said, sitting down again next to his boyfriend.

"Wow," Callum chuckled, "You've been using some big words now, huh? First love, now 'meant to be'."

"Oh, come on," Tucker groaned, "I didn't mean it that way."

"Sure babe." Callum said, giving Tucker's cheek a quick kiss.

Callum, Tucker, and his parents went to a restaurant a couple blocks down the hospital to get some dinner. Fortunately for Callum, Tucker's parents were nice and accepting and didn't make him feel awkward even once.

There was also a different side of Tucker that comes out when he's with his family and friends. He's soft, funny, lively, and warm. It was a side that Callum had only recently started seeing. Tucker could be the most sincere, blunt or harshest person one minute, and then take a complete 180° turn if he was in the company of someone he adored.

Tucker's, as cliché as it sounds, but his walls were coming down slowly the more the two men spent time together. The fight that was constantly going on in Tucker's head when it came to Callum had stopped, and the more he focused on accepting how much he liked Callum, the more he felt at peace.

~~~

A few hours later, Paige finally gave birth to two healthy and beautiful children. Tucker's parents had gone to Tucker's apartment for the night a couple hours back, and had said they would be back in morning. Despite telling Callum that it would be okay for him to leave, the man stayed.

Callum didn't go in to see Paige though, respecting the fact that they have a professional connection first and it might be awkward for Paige to see Callum like this. So, unless Paige was okay with it, Callum said he wouldn't be going inside the room, which Tucker really respected.

Paige was finally resting, almost asleep. Tucker and Dan were holding one baby each as they walked outside the room. Callum perked up immediately, his gaze softening as he looked at the two angels.

"Meet Wells," Dan said softly, "And Sabina Conway-Sanchez."

"They're beautiful." Callum smiled.

"At least the little fella has got my middle name." Tucker said.

"The idea was to name him after your grandfather, not your middle name." Dan rolled his eyes playfully.

"Sshh," Tucker hushed, "It counts."

"Your middle name is Wells?" Callum asked, and Tucker nodded in return, "Tucker Wells Conway. Huh. Interesting."

"What's yours?" Tucker asked.

"Christopher. Callum Christopher Kaufman." Cal answered.

"Really? Your father's name?" Tucker asked, and Callum shrugged.

"Name's been in the family for a long time," Cal said, "How's Paige?"

"She's okay. She's asleep now." Dan smiled.

Callum and Tucker stayed in the hospital till the morning. Once Tucker's parents arrived, they basically had to force Tucker to leave and get some rest. Callum called his driver to pick them since both the men were extremely exhausted and sleepy.

Once they reached Callum's apartment, the two men quickly dressed down to their briefs and got into bed. They were lying on their sides, facing each other. Tucker smiled, a very grateful smile, as he looked at Callum with droopy eyes.

"It was a good day," Tucker said softly, "I'm glad I got to share it with you."

"Me too." Callum whispered as he leant forward to kiss his boyfriend. Once he pulled away, he rested his forehead against Tucker's, their eyes closed.

"Remember how I said I didn't mean to use the word love?" Tucker asked.

"Yeah." Callum hummed.

"The truth is.." Tucker paused, "I'm not sure I know what love is. I know I love my family, my friends.. there are things and people that I love but I've never been in love. I think the only time I've actually said 'I love you' to someone I dated was back in high school when I was a dumb kid."

"Tuck.."

"I just.. I've just never been with someone for too long, or felt such insane emotions. But with you.. it's always so intense. And I know.. I know that I feel strongly for you, but.. I don't know how or when to tell if I'm in love." Tucker finished, surprising Callum with his vulnerability. But after the highly emotional day the attorney had, it was understandable.

"We don't have to rush into anything," Callum said, "You will know with time, Tuck. All I know is that what I feel for you is something I've never felt before, but it's something that I want to continue feeling for as long as possible."

~~~

i just got the feels while writing the end of this chapter, man

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 608 16
Meet Oliver Evans he is 27 years old and just landed a job as secretary to big shot CEO. He hasn't met his new boss yet because he has only exchange...
106K 5.1K 39
[Status: Complete] A Powerful Mob Boss one day saw a guy, nothing about him stood extraordinary, yet he could not pull his gaze away from him, becaus...
272K 10.2K 31
Don't blush. It will just make you look sweeter... Whack! Smack! Slap! Xavier That sound has always made my heart flutter. Especially after a fateful...
256K 13.1K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...