Temptress

By esnymybeloved

i do not support ella in any way. this book is a comfort book for a lot of people and some people haven't fin... More

1 - Cleo | Slithering
2 - Harry | Tempest
3 - Cleo | Dangerous
4 - Harry | Temptation*
5 - Cleo | Disguise
6 - Harry | Wrath
7 - Cleo | Poisonous
8 - Harry | Distraction*
9 - Cleo | Coinsidences
10 - Harry | Risk
11 - Cleo | Confrontation
12 - Harry | Puzzle
13 - Cleo | Reputation*
14 - Zayn | Secrets
15 - Harry | Paranoia
17 - Harry | Surprises*
18 - Cleo | Regret
19 - Harry | Alliance
20 - Cleo | Lies*
21 - Harry | Weakness
22 - Zayn | Careful
23 - Cleo | Careless**
24 - Harry | Peculiar
25 - Cleo | Preparation
26 - Zayn | Hours
27 - Harry | Darkness
28 - Cleo | Tempwork
29 - Harry | Desire**
30 - Cleo | Reality
31 - Harry | Torture
32 - Cleo | Denial
33 - Harry | Irresistable**
34 - Cleo | Chase
35 - Harry | Fear
36 - Cleo | Cold-Blooded
37 - Harry | Homecoming
38 - Zayn | Powerless
39 - Cleo | Frustration
40 - Harry | Sinful**
41 - Cleo | Evidence
42 - Harry | Reckless
43 - Cleo | Spoiled
44 - Harry | Addiction**
45 - Cleo | Powerful
46 - Harry | Safety
47 - Zayn | Hallucination
48 - Cleo | Familiar
49 - Harry | Worry
50 - Cleo | Craving**
51 - Harry | Feelings
52 - Cleo | Deceiving
53 - Harry | Jealousy**
54 - Cleo | Reveal
55 - Harry | Undercover
56 - Theories
57 - Cleo | Join
57 - Zayn | Forgetful
59 - Harry | Intruder
60 - Niall | Headache
61 - Cleo | Impulse**
62 - Harry | Trust
63 - Zayn | Observe
64 - Cleo | Challenge
65 - Harry | Guest
66 - Cleo | Cruel
67 - Harry | Pain
68 - Cleo | Together
69 - Harry | Lust**
70 - Unknown
71 - Cleo | Recover
72 - Harry | Hateful
73 - Zayn | Friendship
74 - Cleo | Trigger
75 - Harry | Passion**
76 - Cleo | Feast
77 - Niall | Gone
78 - Harry | Wasted**
79 - Cleo | Broken
80 - Harry | Invitation
81 - Unknown
82 - Cleo | Beginning
83 - Harry | Verge
84 - Cleo | Fallen
85 - Harry | Light
86 - Cleo | Ashes
87 - Amber | Choices
Epilogue - Harry

16 - Cleo | Invasion

281 3 0
By esnymybeloved

"Please, please! Don't kill me!"

God, this man was annoying the shit out of me and I was completely out of patience and with a headache.

It was actually incredibly easy to break into dear Roger Cunningham's house, especially since he was alone. I'd been following him since I arrived in this city, and I pretty much learned what I needed from the files I had on him. I was also glad this wasn't his weekend with his kids.

Roger was divorced, his company was nearly filing bankruptcy, and given the number of Vodka bottles I found in his kitchen, he was struggling.

I wasn't one to question or even think too hard about my victims, I just did what I had to do and moved on to the next one. But I couldn't help but feel curious or wonder if there was anything that linked my targets to Harry or his dad. I mean, Harry killed Mark... I was so fucking confused.

Although I decided to focus on my job and simply kill Roger and get it over with, I was overthinking.

He was currently tied up in a chair, right in the middle of his living room, and I was sitting down on his couch before I could kill him.

He was ugly crying and trying to get loose from the thick rope around his wrists, but there was no way he could get out. I was pretty good at tying people up, it always came in handy.

His house was a white picket fence in some residential neighborhood about five minutes away from the hotel I was staying in, and this was actually a very nice place for someone who was about to become very poor. If he wasn't going to die, that is.

The cars around this neighborhood were all BMW's or Mercedes, nothing compared to the black Tesla I'd seen parked outside my hotel, next to my motorcycle.

Well, maybe people around this city were wealthier than I expected, or there was something going on underground and that's why Roger's name was on the list. I mean, drug trafficking maybe?

I honestly didn't know, but I was already taking too long and I'd have to gag him if he kept up this crying.

It was easy for me to sneak into his house through the backdoor, all the lights were off except for the small lamp in his living room, and he was watching some documentary about whales when I came up behind him and held him in a chokehold until he passed out.

He was a heavy son of a bitch, but I managed to tie him up, and now here we were... I still didn't know why I hadn't killed him right away, I hate feeling so confused and conflicted. Focusing on this job was supposed to make me feel calmer.

I blamed this on Harry and that stupid friend of his, Zayn.

I still couldn't believe he was the guy June wouldn't shut up about for the past month and now that I'd seen him... there was no way I trusted anyone with any kind of relationship with Harry. I didn't know how close they were, but they had to be pretty close.

He was at his birthday party and he knew me... he was looking at me as if he knew it all already, and there was no fucking way this was a coincidence. But why the fuck would Harry set this up?

Zayn actually seemed shocked when he saw me, and confused when I accused him of using June. It made no sense to me why he was with her if he knew the amount of trouble he could get into if Harry found out.

Fuck, this could be dangerous to June herself if she got caught in the crossfire, and I was a bit wary about asking her if she knew the type of person Zayn truly was. He was up to no good, that was a fact.

She was a bit naive sometimes, it was hard not to worry about her when she was literally sleeping with my enemy's friend. Even though I knew he wasn't the one who followed me yesterday, I just knew there was something wrong.

His SUV had normal plates and they were from a different model, I was very good with cars... but preferred motorcycles.

"Please! I'll give you whatever you want! Why are you doing this?"

Roger's screams started to get a little too loud and this was bad, it was going to draw attention. I was careful tonight and I had my leather gloves on... I didn't touch anything he owned except for the chair and I decided to reach for the knife tucked inside my boot.

The silver snake on the handle was a bit smaller than my other knives, but this one was sharper and perfect for what I was going to do.

I walked closer until I was standing right behind Roger, ignoring his pleas when I roughly grabbed his hair and pulled his head back, slitting his throat with a swift move of my knife and watching as the blade easily pierced his skin.

Blood gushed out of the wound and streamed down his body, staining his white shirt and briefs and it also got a little on my face and gloved hands. I used the sleeve of the shirt I was wearing to wipe the blood off my face and I stepped back, tucking the knife back in my boots and watching as Roger gagged and choked on his own blood.

I knew knives were so fucking messy and it left a horror movie-worthy crime scene, but I liked them... you could feel everything so much more.

Well, Roger was dead now and that meant I could go back to my hotel and take a long hot shower, before taking the day off tomorrow to study my next target and overthink some more about Harry. Fully clothed Harry, that is.

When I called my mother this morning and asked her about Mark, she told me he was found dead in a club after getting into an argument with one of the securities, who claimed Mark was very high and aggressive.

Harry had paid them off, I just knew it. My mom was just glad my job was 'easier' now with one less target.

Yeah, right.

I grabbed my small backpack and silently made my way out of the house once Roger's body was completely limp and there was no pulse, and I was careful to look around and pull my hoodie over my head before I made my way to my motorcycle parked just down the street.

At least I felt a bit less anxious now and I was quick to hop on my bike and ride back to the hotel. It wasn't anything fancy or too cheap, but the room had a small kitchen and just enough space for the next few days.

I didn't like having to go out to eat and I was a pretty decent cook, so I bought some groceries this evening and I had it all set up. I was hoping that being away from New York was going to help me clear my head, but I could see I was awfully wrong.

Being alone and far away from my usual shit and usual people I knew was supposed to be refreshing.

I rode back to the hotel, parking my motorcycle right on the assigned spot I had, and the Tesla was still there. It was a beautiful car, I had to admit that.

Maybe I could buy one after I was done and got the full payment.

As I made my way to my room door, my phone started ringing and I saw Niall's number on the screen. Just great...

I wasn't in a good mood to talk and it was better if I got into my room quickly so I could hide the knives and ropes I had in my backpack. I unlocked the door and stepped into the living room, turning on the lights before I closed the door again.

I let the backpack fall on the small sofa by the kitchen. This room seemed like a studio apartment, but there was a double door separating the bedroom from this joined living room and kitchen.

My pack of cigarettes was already waiting for me and I grabbed one so I could smoke as I walked towards the fridge, inspecting the pizza I'd left there from earlier and contemplating if I should make some mac and cheese.

I inhaled some smoke and reached to grab the used knife from my boot, dropping it into the sink and watching the dry blood contrast with the silver blade. I finished smoking my cigarette before I grabbed the hem of my shirt to take it off, feeling relief when the turtleneck was gone.

Trust me, they could look cute when you wear them but they suffocated me in a bad way, as if it was always too hot to breathe. But there was no one around to ask about my bruises and my scars, so I didn't mind. I did need some ice later, though.

My leather gloves were the next to fall on the floor and I ran my fingers through my hair as I took a deep breath.

Maybe I should take a bath tonight, and make sure to tie my hands if necessary if my brain dared to think about Harry in any way again.

I just had to wash the little blood off my face and drink some wine... sounded like a plan.

I made my way to the bedroom, opening the sliding doors and rushing to the bed as I laid down a bit before sitting up, my muscles felt oddly tense.

Funny thing was that I didn't remember leaving the bedside table lamp on.

I was about to take off my bra when I heard a weird noise coming from the corner of the room, almost like a snicker, so I stopped what I was doing and I turned my head to look instinctively.

And that's when I met green eyes.

"Boo." His voice sounded deeper tonight and I was completely shocked, just staring at him.

Harry was sitting on the armchair in the corner of the room, his long hair was loose and he was casually wearing black pants and a white button-down shirt, as his black fingernails tapped on the armrest.

Fuck.

He stared back with a cocky smile, and that's when I finally snapped out of it and reached for the other knife in my boots.

"Uh-oh, I don't think so, baby." He clicked his tongue, but that's also when I heard a little something else... and as soon as I looked at him, he pointed his gun at me. "Nice seeing you again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 106 40
• completed • If you notice any errors then please let me know • sequel for 'skin of an angel' published on my page With no family left and her who...
19.1K 1.1K 39
"Your mine," His voice is husky as he looks down at me. I shake me head and take a step back from him only to make contact with the wall behind me. ...
177K 9.3K 53
Constance thought she could finally stop looking over her shoulder. She has a steady job as a hairstylist, rents a small apartment next door to her b...
620K 16.5K 43
3rd and 1st Person Point Of View (POV) Book - Semi-Cliché - NOT incest ------------------------------ The hunt. It came every year like clockwork. A...