Connected- Five Hargreeves x...

By Bcc2020

Y/N Hargreeves (AKA: Number Eight) and Five Hargreeves were inseparable growing up. They were always there fo... More

Chapter 1: Where Am I?
Chapter 2: I Just Wanted My Donut...
Chapter 3: I'm Jealous of a Stupid Mannequin...
Chapter 4: Hiding My Pain
Chapter 5: Not Again...
Chapter 6: Five's Past
Chapter 7: Why Klaus? Why?
Chapter 8: Gone Again...
Chapter 9: Coming Back to You
Chapter 10: Dad Said What?
Chapter 11: That Was Unexpected...
Chapter 13: The Fall of The Umbrella Academy
Chapter 14: I Trust You
Chapter 15: A New Friend
Chapter 16: Together Again
Chapter 17: The Frankel Footage
Chapter 18: D.S. Umbrella
Chapter 19: Secrets. Secrets Everywhere.
Chapter 20: The Gala
Chapter 21: Y/N's Powers
Chapter 22: Getting the Family Back Together
Chapter 23: Invitation to Dinner
Chapter 24: A Light Supper
Chapter 25: Elliott
A/N: Happy Birthday Aidan!β™₯️
Chapter 26: That Close
Chapter 27: The Seven Stages...
Chapter 28: Two Five's
Chapter 29: Into the Vortex You Go Asshole!
Chapter 30: Wanted
Chapter 31: Fight and Die Now or Run and Die Later
Chapter 32: Anything you can do, I can do better.
Chapter 33: One Of Us
Chapter 34: Preposal
Chapter 35: Back to 2019
Chapter 36: Meet The Family
Chapter 37: Hotel Obsidian
Chapter 38: Road Trip
Chapter 39: The Ball of Twine
Chapter 40: Not Over
Chapter 41: Deals Off
Chapter 42: New Plan?

Chapter 12: More Secrets

3K 62 26
By Bcc2020

Diego and Klaus came back to the academy, and we all searched for Vanya. I looked through all the rooms and came up empty.

I met up with Five and we went over to the balcony to see Diego and Klaus. I guess they came up empty too.

"No sign of Vanya," Five said once we reached them.

"She's not in any of the rooms," I said.

"She's not downstairs either," Klaus said.

"Well, I'm out," Diego said patting Klaus's shoulder and started walking away.

"Wait," Klaus said turning towards him.

"Where are you going?" Five and I asked at the same time.

"Vanya's still out there, and so are Hazel and Cha-Cha," Five said.

Diego stopped and turned to look at us, "I know. I'm gonna get my things and then I'm outta here. I've got some unfinished business with those fools."

We all sighed and watched him walk away.

Five turned to Klaus, "Hey, did dad say anything about the apocalypse when you spoke to him? Any clues to how it happened?"

"No. No clues. Truly terrific shave. But no clues," Klaus said.

Shave? What the hell is he talking about?

Five rolled his eyes and started walking towards the stairs. I followed behind him.

"You know, come to think of it, he did mention something about my potential," Klaus said catching up with us, "and how I've barely scratched the surface of my-"

Five interrupted him, "How did he know about the apocalypse?"

"I don't know, but listen," Klaus said as we got to the bottom of the stairs, "this whole jumping through time of yours, how did you know how to do that?"

"I didn't. You'd realize that if you were actually sober," Five said walking past him.

"Hey, I am sober. I've been sober for two- almost two days now," Klaus said.

Five turned to look at us, "Yeah, two days."

"It feels like forty-five years," Klaus said.

I gave him a small smile and patted his shoulder.

"Who are you kidding, Klaus? I've seen you fidgeting all day," Five said.

Klaus walked over to him, "Well, I guess we're both fighting our addictions."

"I'm not an addict," Five stated.

"Yeah, you are," Klaus said, "you're addicted to a drug called the apocalypse."

Well, he's not wrong...

"You're wrong," Five argued.

"First sign. Denial," Klaus said as he turned around.

Five blinked in front of him, "you and I are not the same."

"I've seen that look in the eye of someone who doesn't know who they are without their high anymore," Klaus told him, "Trust me. You just gotta let it go."

Five pulls the eye out of his pocket and throws it at the wall, causing it to shatter. He walks past Klaus and goes into the living room.

"Figuratively, but yeah, that works too," Klaus sighed as he scratched his hand, "One day at a time."

"I believe in you Klaus," I said.

He looked over at me and gave me a small smile. I smiled and gave him a hug.

"This is why you're my favorite. Love you, sis," Klaus said letting me go.

I smiled, "love you too Klausy."

He kissed my head.

"Now, I'm gonna go check on that one," I said pointing in Five's direction.

"Okay, and hey, tell him that you love him," Klaus said.

"We'll see," I said.

He gave me one last smile before walking up the stairs.

Now to talk to Five.

I walked in to see Five sitting at the bar drinking a margarita and talking to Delores. You've got to be kidding me.

I rolled my eyes as I turned around and walked towards the stairs. I guess a nap won't hurt.

Five's POV

"Now what?" Delores asked me.

"I don't know," I said, "I'm open to suggestions."

"You should tell Y/N how you feel. She needs to know that you love her," she said.

"She said she only sees me as a friend," I sighed, "She doesn't love me like that."

We're interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

"I'll get it," I said picking up my margarita and heading towards the door.

I opened it to see Hazel pointing his gun at me. Great. What does he want?

"Hey, old-timer," he said.

"Do you have my sister? And if not would you like a margarita?" I asked.

He gave me a confused look.

"Come on," I waved for him to follow me as I walked back to the bar.

I sat down and he stood in front of me.

"You here to kill me?" I asked.

"Oh. Shit. Sorry. Old habits," he said putting his gun away, "well, I can understand why you might feel that way, you know..."

"Well, you attacked our house, tried to kill my family, shot my best friend, and kidnapped my brother," I said.

"Well, there's not much I can do about the past. Don't forget I'm not the only killer in this room. You got your own bloody history, pal," Hazel said, "Speaking of which, that job you did in Calhoun, that shit's legendary. Can't believe I'm actually sittin' here talkin' to you, after all—"

I interrupted him, "Hazel, why are you here?"

Well, I'm, you know—"

Diego runs in and shoves Hazel down.

"Diego, stop!" I yelled.

He doesn't listen to me and continues fighting Hazel.

"You know, before you kill him, you might wanna hear what he has to say," I said.

Again, he doesn't listen.

"I'm gonna kill you for what you did to Patch," Diego said pulling out his knife and running at Hazel.

I sighed, "Or don't. See how that goes."

Diego stabbed Hazel in the leg.

"That's gotta hurt," I said before taking a sip of my margarita.

Hazel lifts Diego up off the ground and Diego bites Hazel's ear.

Oh, for the love of-

I put my margarita down and blinked over to them. I picked up a vase and smashed it over Diego's head.

"I draw the line at biting," I said as I got off the couch and walked back over to the bar, "Hazel, whatever you came here to say, I suggest you make it quick before he comes round."

"I left my partner, quit the Commission, came to volunteer," He said.

"For what?" I asked as I sat back down with my margarita in hand.

"To help stop the apocalypse," he said brushing some glass off his shoulder.

I chuckled as I sipped on y margarita.

"What on earth could be so funny to you right now?" he asked.

"Before I answer that, why do you wanna help us?" I asked.

"Let's just I have a vested interest in a doughnut shop."

"Well, I hate to break it to you, pal, but you're a day late and a dollar short," I said, "the fact that you're here right now, means without a shadow of a doubt, that the apocalypse is over."

"Really? How do you know?" he asked.

"The mark is dead. Found him this morning. You were the last known unknown in the equation," I said.

He chuckled, "Shit. Really?"

"Mm-hmm. And if you're out, then the Hellrider ain't riding," I said turning my stool around to face the bar.

"All right," he laughed as he walked over and sat next to me. He picked the blender that still had some leftover margarita in it and drank it.

He set it back down and exhaled, "So now what?"

"You know, to be honest, I don't know. I've been chasing this thing for so long, I..." I looked over at him, "I never really thought about the day after. I don't know. What about you?"

"I'm done with all this madness. Time to start over. You should do the same," he said.

"That's easier said than done," I said.

"It doesn't have to be hard. I mean, think about it like this. If you never time traveled, you never got caught up with the Handler, what would have happened?" he asked.

I turned to look at Diego passed out on the floor and sighed, "I guess I would've grown up to be an emotionally stunted man-child like everybody else around here."

"Well, there you go. Now you can grow up," he said getting up, "good luck."

He started walking away.

"Hazel. One more thing before you go," I said.

He turned to look at me, "shoot."

"Which one of you was the trigger man for Detective Patch?" I asked.

"Trigger woman," he said.

I sighed, "huh. That's too bad. That gun could have cleared my brother's name."

He pulled his and Cha-Cha's guns out, "well, Today is your lucky day, amigo." He walked over and set them on the bar, "take 'em both. I'm done with this life."

I gave him a small smile before he turns around and walks out.

Y/N's POV

I woke up from my nap and decided to go check on Allison.

I walked into the room that she was in to see Luther sitting next to her.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey, Y/N. She just woke up," Luther said.

I looked at her and she gave me a small smile.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that I couldn't heal you," I said.

She went to talk, but Luther stopped her, "Don't try to talk, it will cause more damage."

She started opening and closing her hand.

"Oh, okay," Luther said, "Y/N could you hand me the notepad over there?"

I nodded before picking up the notepad and giving it to him.

He hands it to Allison and she flips it open and starts writing.

She turns it over so I could see it.

Don't blame yourself. It's okay.

I gave her a small smile which she returned.

She flipped through the next and wrote another message.

Vanya

"Vanya, Uh, we don't know where she is," Luther told her.

She shook her head and wrote something else.

Powers

"Powers? I don't understand," Luther said.

"I don't either," I said.

"I do."

We turned to see Pogo.

"It's time for the last of your father's secrets to come to light," Pogo said.

We all looked at each other before turning back to him.

***

Luther, Klaus, Diego, and I stood around a giant tank. Vanya was inside banging on the glass.

"You locked up our sister because you think she has powers?" Diego asked Luther.

"No, I know she has powers. Pogo told me. Y/N was there. Ask her," Luther said.

"Yeah, but I didn't agree to this," I said as I put my hand on the glass.

"Pogo's always known, and so did dad," Luther said.

"Why would dad hide this from us?" Diego asked, "I mean am I the only one that didn't know this place existed?"

"He hid so much from us," Klaus said.

"He did it because he was afraid... of her," Luther said.

"Oh, that's ridiculous," Klaus said.

"Is it? Dad's lied to us about everything else, why is this so far-fetched?" Luther asked.

"If you're right, then maybe she's the one who killed Peabody," Diego said.

"And Allison's throat," Luther said.

"Whoa, no. Let's... I ju—sorry, just, let's go back, all right? This is Vanya we're talking about. Our sister. The one who always cried when we stepped on ants as kids," Klaus said.

"Yeah, I know. I know it's difficult to accept—" Luther said.

"It's not difficult to accept. It's impossible to accept!" Klaus yelled.

"No, he's right," Diego said, "Look, we can't keep her locked up in there without proof."

"What more proof do you need?" Luther asked.

"Why don't we just open the door and ask her?" Klaus said going to open the door, but Luther stopped him.

"No, she's not going anywhere!" Luther said.

"No, even if you're right, she needs our help, and we can't do that if she's locked in a cage!" Diego yelled.

"Yeah, and for all we know, she might be struggling with this new power," Klaus said, "I mean, it must be scary. Terrifying really, to discover that you can do something that you never thought you could do."

I nodded in agreement.

"Look, if what Pogo told me is even half true, then she is not just a danger to us," Luther said.

"Luther, she still needs our help. She's older now. She can have more control over her powers," I said.

"Y/N's right," Diego said.

"She is staying in there," Luther said.

The sound of footsteps catches out attention. We all turned to see Allison.

"Allison, what are you doing down here? You should be in bed," Luther said.

She pulled out her notebook and wrote something down. She turned it around.

Let her go.

"I can't do that. She hurt you," Luther said.

She flipped the page and wrote something else down.

My fault.

"I'm sorry, but she's staying put," he said.

I sighed.

Allison shakes her head and tries to get through, but he blocks her. She starts hitting him.

"She stays put," Luther told her.

This time we both try to get through, but he holds us both back.

"Come on, you need to rest," he tells Allison.

She gives up and Luther walks with her.

"Diego, get Y/N," Luther said.

He nods and picks me up, "Sorry, Y/N."

We all go upstairs, and Diego sets me down.

I need to talk to Five. I ran up to his room only to find that he's not there.

"What the hell? Where is he?" I asked out loud.

I guess I'll just wait for him. I laid down on his bed and ended up falling asleep.

A/N:

I'm super excited for the next chapter!!! and TYSM for 600 reads!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 283 62
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but wi...
211K 3.6K 32
In the world of power and crime, Y/n finds solace in Five Hargreeves, her family's the Sparrows Academy's sworn enemy. Can love survive the deadly ga...
1.6K 71 6
π—žπ—₯π—¬π—£π—§π—’π—‘π—œπ—§π—˜, 𝗔 𝗧𝗨𝗔 π—™π—œπ—– ❛ 𝗒ou're so much older and wiser and I... ❜ π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—›, ...
3.9K 38 14
Y/n and Five Hargreeves have never gotten along, they grew up together but were rivals for everything, they hated each other. Five and Y/n always com...