In Paris 1723

By FullyUnknown

"It's basically just a nice way to say that she can control minds-" "You're telling me this now! She hates me... More

Note
Part Zero
[0.1]
[0.2]
[0.3]
[0.4]
[0.5]
[0.6]
Part One
Twilight Cast
[1.1]
[1.2]
[1.3]
[1.4]
[1.5]
[1.6]
[1.7]
[1.8]
[1.9]
[1.10]
[1.11]
[1.12]
[1.13]
[1.14]
[1.15]
[1.16]
[1.17]
[1.18]
[1.19]
[1.20]
[1.21]
[1.22]
[1.23]
[1.24]
[1.25]
[1.26]
Part Two
Twilight: New Moon Cast
[2.2]
[2.3]
[2.4]
[2.5]
[2.6]
[2.7]
[2.8]
[2.9]
[2.10]
[2.11]
[2.12]
[2.13]
Part 3
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Part 4
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Part 5
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five

[2.1]

1.9K 37 2
By FullyUnknown

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐬 '𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞' 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

______________________

*Genevieve*

Paris.

I thought that Paris couldn't get any more beautiful than it was in 1927, but, I happily seemed to be corrected. Its beauty and charm seemed to grow and evolve with time.

Looking around in wonder, I smiled at the sight of people walking along the streets, spewing out French as they passed us.

"Beautiful isn't it," I asked, turning around and meeting Theo's gaze. His eyes weren't looking around at the scenery surrounding him, though, but instead were locked onto me.

"It is," he whispered, walking up to me and intertwining our hands. "Are you excited?"

I nod my head as I continue to look around, eagerly pulling him all around the town. In the first few days that were had been in Paris, we had hit all of the local tourist traps: the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Champs-Élysées, Palace of Versailles. Basically, just all the big money suckers that the hotels happily recommend to excited tourists.

But after a few more days, I had taken him to all of the more low-key, local places that I knew about. The art museums that we visited were some of my personal favorites, while the local botanical garden had quickly taken a place in Theo's unbeating heart.

We spent the days hidden away in the house that Theo had bought, hidden away in the forests, happily filling up the photo album that Esme had sneakily packed for us in the suitcase. Buying a notebook and writing down a transcript of the day, knowing the Esme would eagerly read it. I cheerfully spent a few hours every day talking with Rose, Esme, or Tanya. Updating them on what we had done or what we were planning to do, with Esme eagerly offering up her own ideas on what to do while we were stuck inside. Theo uses the excess time to find and research new places to visit in Paris or to talk with Jasper.

Both of us quickly immersed ourselves in the French culture, Theo even began to learn French, much to my delight. We spent the countless hours we were forced to stay inside on his French lessons, which he quickly progressed in, and mastered after just a few weeks. The new skill allowed him to easily converse with the local street merchants and even the rare tourist.

Both of us were content with the little bubble of serenity that we found. Thousands of miles away from all the drama and fluctuation of human emotion that we left in Forks. Finally being able to breathe for the first time without having the fear of draining someone dry. Finally taking time away together, alone, for the first time since we met, almost 70 years ago.

______________________

Swinging our hands back and forth, I looked around at the lights that were twinkling and lighting up the darkening sky. The sun slowly set, allowing Theo and I to begin our day of travels.

"What did you plan today?" I ask, knowing that Theo had holed himself up in the office all day planning our outing.

"You'll have to wait and see," he teased. Looking down at me, a small smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and let out a groan as we both continued to walk.

"I hate it when you do that," I complain. He just chuckles as we continue to stroll through the streets of Paris. Both of us listen in to people's conversations as we walk past. All of them the same.

Sex. Money. Love. Kids. Lust. More money. More sex.

The human mind seemed to have been stumped at the emotional maturity of a 16-year-old boy.

Eventually, though, we stopped next to the Seine River. We both stayed silent as we watched the boats pass, some slowly, while others seemed to speed by. Off in the distance, The Eiffel Tower continued to glitter in the night, the sight of the structure making me smile.

"You know that when I was born, that wasn't even built yet... the thought of it probably wasn't even crossing anyone's mind," I say, pointing towards the tower in the distance. "It is beautiful through..."

"Eh... not as beautiful as you," Theo said, cheesily smiling down at me.

I scoff, rolling my eyes as I playfully hit him on the shoulder. "You're so cheesy that it's almost cute."

Theo just shrugged as he grinned, leaning over and wrapping his arm around me. I leaned into him, wrapping my arms around his side as we watched the sun slowly begin to set, the store lights around us beginning to glow a little bit brighter as darkness quickly took over the city.

______________________

"Oh, trust me," Alice said, her voice cracking only slightly through the phone, "you're gonna want to come back."

I bit my lip as I looked over at Theo, who only shrugged from his place at the table. On the other side of the small table was Kate, whose lips were pursed as she hesitantly moved her knight forward on the Chessboard.

"I don't know. We only just got to Denali a week ago," I sigh as I listen to Alice go on and on about her plans for us, and how worth it coming back for Forks would be.

"-and I know that you and Theo only got back to Denali a week ago, so why don't you come up and stay for a few days? Theo can join you after tomorrow for Bella's party, and then afterward you both can go back to Denali and live your best, most fashionable, lives in the snow. Of course, you'll be going back with clothes for the entire family... I really need to get Rose to go shopping with me, I'm sure that they need more winter coats... and McQueen just came out with their Fall/Winter collection, plus Louboutin came out with some new heels that I know you and Rose would rock," Alice mused.

"Alright! I'll come to Forks... but only for a few days," I sigh and finally give in to her demands, not wanting to hear her rant and rave for another hour.

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow! Drive safe!" She chirped before promptly ending up the call.

I pull the phone away from my ear and turn to Kate and Theo with a bewildered look. "I don't know how she has that much energy in her tiny body. I mean, I can't sleep and I feel tired after talking to her... through the phone!"

Kate just chuckles as she glances over at me, "well, we did warn you about her... eagerness when you guys left for Forks."

I let out a dramatic sigh as I moved to stand behind her chair, watching as she tentatively moves her king forward, taking out Theo's rooke.

"If you do that then he has a clear shot of taking your queen and then your king, which would mean game over for you my dear friend," I say, watching as she quickly takes back her decision, moving her king back to his safe spot on the board.

"I really don't get this game. I mean, history tells us that kings were always the most crucial piece of a war, without them, you usually won't be able to survive- just like in the game. But in this, you learn that the queen takes on the role of the most vital piece- other than the worthless king. Like, she can move as much as she wants in virtually any direction and the puny little king can only do one. fucking. square. at. a. time."

"Because in reality, it's us women that do all the work. I mean, the men just take all the credit," I say simply, "the king dies in the game and all hell breaks loose because men are wimps and can't deal with the idea that a woman could lead them to battle. If you lose your queen, then it becomes a whole lot harder to win. The queen is the most important piece, at least in my opinion. It does a lot of the hard work and, if used correctly, can take out a lot of pieces, which helps to ensure that your puny king and swoop in and take a win that the queen did all the hard work for. So basically it just shows how the king takes credit for basically everything that the queen and his soldiers died for."

"What a bitch," Kate exclaims, holding up her king and scowling at it.

"What a bitch indeed," I agree, nodding my head as I look at her.

We all fall silent for a few seconds before Theo awkwardly clears his throat and looks at Kate, his eyes wide as he sees how she is looking at her king. "It's still your turn."

______________________

I sigh as I put down my bags and look around at the seemingly empty house. "I can't believe that I agreed to come back- hey!"

My eyes widen as I see Alice come bounding down the stairs and into my view, her eyes practically glowing with excitement as she looks me over. Nodding her head in approval after a few seconds. "Ready?"

I blink at her with wide eyes, "for what?"

She scoffs and rolls her eyes, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the door, "school silly! Come on, if we don't go now then we'll miss everything!"

"Everything?" I furrow my eyebrows as I allow myself to be dragged to the car, Jasper following us with a small but barely visible smile on his face.

"She won't tell," he says, "no matter how much I asked her what she was talking about, she wouldn't budge. Trust me. Not worth it."

I nod my head appreciatively and slid into the passenger seat of the car, with Alice jumping into the driver's seat, an excited grin appearing on her face as we quickly speed off to the school. Leaving Jasper standing in an empty garage behind us, a small smile appeared on his face as he halfheartedly waved at us.

"You do know that I'm still deemed as being a 'foreign exchange student' who is currently supposed to be in Alaska with my 'host family', right?"

Alice merely waves me off, rolling her eyes as she looks back at me through the rearview mirror. "Pssh. Trust me, they won't even care that you're there..."

"Great," I sigh and lean back in my seat as we continue to cruise down the street toward the school at speeds that would give anyone passing us a heart attack. "What a great start to the day." 

______________________

As the car smoothly turned into the parking lot, I groaned as I saw the stares that it had attracted. "They're still obsessed with-"

"Always," Alice says blandly, obviously not the happiest with the stares that she continued to draw with her appearance at school, even if Rose, Emmett, and Jasper already graduated. Really, Theo and I had also graduated with them, but we were still seen as 'students' in the eyes of the education system because we were 'studying abroad, so until we finished our 'international studies' in Denali, we were forever seniors who were on the cusp of graduation.

"Great," I scoff, getting out of the car and slamming the door shut with a sharp snap. My anger seemed to be enough to scare almost everyone's gazes away from us, their attention turning to an older silver Toyota Camry that had pulled into the parking lot, whispers quickly spreading through the parking lot about the new and sudden arrival of the driver.

"I heard that she had a breakdown and chopped off her hair."

"Apparently the entire scam cost her 16 grand."

"Pssh! You think that she paid for all that! No way! She probably convinced her dad to pay for it!"

"True. I mean, the guy can't seem to say no to her-"

"-I'm sure that the fact that he's the richest guy in town helps too." 

"I heard that she dyed all of her hair pink!"

"Did you hear that she smashed her hand at prom?"

"Please! Old news!"

"Ooh! Did you hear that she lost the prom queen title to Nicole... apparently a few days later, Nicole came into school for cheer practice and found out that she was off the squad."

"I'm just surprised that she decided to show her face."

"Didn't her dad like pay off the school so that she could skip?"

"I wouldn't be surprised. Honestly, if she graduates, I'll be shocked."

As soon as the car door opens and the mysterious figure emerges, a mischievous smile appears on my face.

"So that's why you wanted me to come up to Forks early," I say, glancing back at Alice who only smiles at me. "Well, it was certainly worth it."

Lauren Mallory steps out of her car and slams the door shut with a resounding snap, her back straight as she starts to strut through the parking lot with faux confidence. Her eyes whizzed around the parking lot nervously, trying to see the reactions to her hair. Her once waist-long blonde hair had been chopped short as if she was trying to give off the 'edgy' vibe, which miserably failed. The entire cut made her look... well horrible.

It seemed that she had tried to wait out at her house for her hair to grow out a bit, making it somewhat look like Alice's haircut, but only a lot worse.

I mean, Alice manages to make the cut work for her. Lauren doesn't.

Her eyes continue to whizz around the parking lot, stopping only when she notices me standing beside Alice and Jasper. Her eyes widen as she visibly pales, lowering her head and rushing into the school, trying and failing to cover her face with her short hair.

As soon as she had safely made it into the school, the entire parking lot was abuzz with gossip, everyone talking about Lauren's new haircut and the supposed scam that she had fallen for while at the mall.

"This is going to be fun," I say, grinning as I walk with Alice inside. The pixie-haired girl only chuckled, rolling her eyes as we met up with Edward at the entrance of the school, the bronze-haired boy offering me a small smile when he noticed me.

"Ready for this?" He mutters, sending me a sideways glance before glancing at his watch.

"No... I was dragged here against my will by her," I point towards Alice, who merely smiled at the two of us as she walked inside.

"Welcome to my life," Edward mutters, lowering her voice and pretending that he didn't hear Alice's squeal of disbelief.

"Oh don't pretend that you haven't been driving Isabella to school every morning mister!" Alice hisses, playfully ruffling his hair. Because of their height difference, it was quite comical to watch. Alice went onto her tiptoes and stretched out to reach towards his hair, despite their height difference Alice was able to jump and ruffle up his hair, causing Edward to grumble and immediately look into the window to try and fix the damage that Alice had done.

I chuckle and roll my eyes, looping my arm with Alice's and beginning to walk inside, leaving Edward behind us. "See you inside Eddie boy."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever," Edward waved me off as he continued to fiddle with his hair. His lower lip pouted as he concentrated on restyling his overly gelled hair.

"What a fun way to start the day," I mutter, scowling as soon as we step inside the school. "Welcome to hell people."

_______

-T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 2.3K 12
Cassandra "Cassie" Swan, moves with her twin sister, Isabella "Bella" Swan, to Forks to live with her dad. Having already come to terms with how her...
727K 18.7K 70
"ʜɪᴍ. 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒎. 𝒊'𝒅 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏. 𝒊'𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒊𝒎...
65.3K 1.3K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...
1.1M 29.8K 45
"𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑖 𝑚𝑒𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟...𝑔𝑜𝑑 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑟" 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢...